PDA

View Full Version : JORDY.."FACING A JAMMED ROUTE""

Bretsky
08-16-2008, 03:14 AM
http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=783906

SnakeLH2006
08-16-2008, 03:48 AM
He'll be OK...just kinda disappointing seeing his Jordy hilights on Youtube. Give him a year, then TT cuts DD giving JN a chance regardless of what DD did/can still do stressing " we are moving forward as a team". :cry: :roll:

LL2
08-16-2008, 07:51 AM
It's a good position to be in...not knowing what to do with all the good WR's. The article was definitely correct that Jennings and Jones were stamped automatic starters because we needed them to be. Thank God TT knows how to draft because the Packers would be screwed at WR today. I certainly do not want Taco back, and I'm glad we have Jones over Meachum. Jordy will make the roster so he will have time to develop, and Driver will retire in a couple years.

The Leaper
08-16-2008, 09:16 AM
Yeah...Driver won't last forever, and injuries are always bound to occur. He'll see the field a decent number of times in 4 WR situations. I think Green Bay will utilize those even more in 2008...to keep defenses from being too aggressive on Aaron.

cheesner
08-16-2008, 09:53 AM
He'll be OK...just kinda disappointing seeing his Jordy hilights on Youtube. Give him a year, then TT TRADES DD for a 2nd round pick with which he selects a probowl caliber DB and giving JN a chance regardless of what DD did/can still do stressing " we are moving forward as a team". WR production for the Packers remains high even without Driver :D :D

I had to edit your post a little.

RashanGary
08-16-2008, 09:55 AM
It looks a little more realistic when you take the anger, spite and emotion out of it, Cheesner.

boiga
08-16-2008, 10:22 AM
Yeah...Driver won't last forever, and injuries are always bound to occur. He'll see the field a decent number of times in 4 WR situations. I think Green Bay will utilize those even more in 2008...to keep defenses from being too aggressive on Aaron. We also have the Big 5 set in our back pocket. If we can firm up our pass protection a little, Jordy could have some major success going up against a team's 5th defensive back. I'd be surprised if Jordy doesn't score a couple of receiving touchdowns this year despite his limited touches.

I don't see the problem for anyone in this situation. Jordy's in a program that has been successfully grooming rookie talent into elite caliber WR's and we have the deepest receiving group in the league. He'll learn on our dime and we'll work him for a couple of years and either grow him into Driver's long term replacement or trade him to a place where he'll be the #1 WR.

It's win-win.

The Gunshooter
08-16-2008, 10:53 AM
I believe TT does draft for need, hence the Harrel pick. TT was planning to not resign Corey Williams all along. I am not passing judgement on that I am just thinking maybe TT is afraid of Jenning's future salary demands so he drafts Jordy Nelson. He will not send Driver away because Driver is inexpensive.

BF4MVP
08-16-2008, 02:38 PM
He's a talented guy who will be the fourth receiver..Sucks for him, but the Packers knew that when they drafted him. No way in hell he was gonna beat out any of the top three.

boiga
08-16-2008, 03:26 PM
He's a talented guy who will be the fourth receiver..Sucks for him, but the Packers knew that when they drafted him. No way in hell he was gonna beat out any of the top three.
Not even. Ruvell's been making a crap load of plays this offseason and I don't think Jordy can beat him out this year. Jordy's got a lot to offer, but he'll have to show some serious play making ability to warrant even the 4th spot.

RashanGary
08-16-2008, 03:35 PM
I agree boiga. Nelson is a rookie and Martin seems to be playing at #2 starter level. It's amazing but we might have 5 WR's that all could start on many teams.

Nelson will not see a lot of time, but he will play as players get injured and he'll see some time as the 5th WR and maybe in the redzone as well.

Tyrone Bigguns
08-16-2008, 05:50 PM
It's a good position to be in...not knowing what to do with all the good WR's. The article was definitely correct that Jennings and Jones were stamped automatic starters because we needed them to be. Thank God TT knows how to draft because the Packers would be screwed at WR today. I certainly do not want Taco back, and I'm glad we have Jones over Meachum. Jordy will make the roster so he will have time to develop, and Driver will retire in a couple years.

Meachum is looking really good this year. He was injured, you can't hold that against a guy.

http://legionsofthemiserable.threestrikesandout.com/?p=270

www.wwltv.com/sports/stories/wwl072908tpmeachem.1518093d.html

Noodle
08-16-2008, 06:33 PM
He just needs to be patient. It usually takes a year for a receiver to produce anyway, except in rare circumstances.

Plus, he's going to play plenty. Receivers get nicked up all the time, especially the way the Pack sends guys over the middle. This will turn out well for everyone, thinks me.

I'm much more worried about DL depth and the gelling of the ever-changing interior OL.

And I pray that Arod gets through the pre-season healthy.

Harlan Huckleby
08-16-2008, 11:54 PM
Nelson looked pretty fast tonight. I guess the knock on him is that he isn't explosive, but at least he's gotten decent speed.

Harlan Huckleby
08-16-2008, 11:57 PM

James Jones hasn't been all that productive. He definitely is impressive to watch at times, Baby Sterling, but I'm not sure his spot is untouchable.

The Gunshooter
08-17-2008, 12:59 AM
I would cut Blackmon and give the return duties to Nelson.

mmmdk
08-17-2008, 01:20 AM
It looks a little more realistic when you take the anger, spite and emotion out of it, Cheesner.

LOL :lol: Yes, don't mind shooter boy!