PDA

View Full Version : Official Packers vs. 49ers Game Thread

Pages : 1 [2]

boiga
08-16-2008, 09:34 PM
bad half....

Brando19
08-16-2008, 09:35 PM
ARod sucks balls tonight...INTYou spoke too soon. No INT.

Eh doesn't matter.

Rastak
08-16-2008, 09:36 PM
Vikes just ended, I should try and catch the 2nd half.

falco
less jarret "can't cover shit" bush and more tramon "lockdown" williams PLEASE

cpk1994

Eh doesn't matter.I know, want to take my mind away from the joke that is the OL tonight.

falco
08-16-2008, 09:37 PM

Eh doesn't matter.I know, want to take my mind away from the joke that is the OL tonight.

OL may be shitty, but a lot of rodgers sacks are because he's hanging on too long too, gotta get that ball out

cpk1994
08-16-2008, 09:38 PM

OL may be shitty, but a lot of rodgers sacks are because he's hanging on too long too, gotta get that ball outIm not letting the OL off that easy.

Brohm
08-16-2008, 09:39 PM
Tree fitty for a running game and we can dispense with the sacks :shock:

falco

OL may be shitty, but a lot of rodgers sacks are because he's hanging on too long too, gotta get that ball outIm not letting the OL off that easy.

agreed, but lots of blame to go around, not just OL

pittstang5
Is the score really 3 to 14...against the f'n 9ers? Come on! I know it's preseason...but.....

Whatever!

cpk1994
Someone should tell Mike McCarthy that it is perfectly legal to run the ball.

Oscar
08-16-2008, 09:41 PM
I'm thinking Rodgers should start the third..

cpk1994
08-16-2008, 09:41 PM
Im thinking get him out before his OL gets him killed.

boiga
08-16-2008, 09:42 PM
I'm thinking Rodgers should start the third.. No point. Rodgers doesn't need to prove anything, and they way our line is playing it'd be too big a risk of injury.

Also, last week taught us that Brohm and Flynn need the reps.

Fritz
08-16-2008, 09:42 PM
Junius! Get your azz out there, son! Show em how to block.

Brohm
08-16-2008, 09:43 PM
If Spitz is our best guard then why not just keep him in at RG, stick Colledge back at LG and go with the line we had last year until Barbre or Sitton beats someone out. I understand if Wells is out having Spitz at center, but otherwise wth is up with the total disregard for continuity?

The Gunshooter
If GB stinks it up next week I am going to be worried.

cpk1994
Junius! Get your azz out there, son! Show em how to block.Juniuis was out there at C the last couple of plays. He sucked just as much.

Oscar
Im thinking get him out before his OL gets him killed.

:D Got a point..

Merlin
08-16-2008, 09:47 PM
I'll say one thing for Rodgers. Favre would of gave up a touchdown by now.Thats for sure.

Typical homer BS. Your super hero Rodgers has looked like total shit and the only thing you can do is rip on Favre. I agree that the blocking hasn't been great but then again anyone who has actually WATCHED the Packers since this whole guard debacle started in 2005 knows that Favre has made the OL look pretty good even when everyone (accept obviously those holding Aaron Rodgers jock strap) knew they weren't. Good QB's have a way of doing that where as inexperienced ones do not. Your super hero stepped out of bounds a yard SHORT of the first down marker, Favre in the same position would have picked it up.

We were taking bets on how long it would be before some idiot threw up a stupid comment like this. I didn't even bother to read back any farther because only one person said it would be before half, me. Get over yourselves, the Packers look like shit right now, they are NOT playing well at all and that INCLUDES Aaron Rodgers. Saying anything negative in comparision about Favre just shows how stupid you really are about the game. He isn't our QB anymore, OUR QB has sucked ass so far and THAT is what you MORONS should be talking about. Unfortunately all you can do is try to shift the focus off of where it needs to be, ON THE PACKERS.

Fakin losers...

Brando19
08-16-2008, 09:47 PM
Prediction..who plays better tonight...Brohm or Flynn?

BallHawk
08-16-2008, 09:48 PM
Yup, Favre always runs for first downs.....

cpk1994
08-16-2008, 09:48 PM
I'll say one thing for Rodgers. Favre would of gave up a touchdown by now.Thats for sure.

Typical homer BS. Your super hero Rodgers has looked like total shit and the only thing you can do is rip on Favre. I agree that the blocking hasn't been great but then again anyone who has actually WATCHED the Packers since this whole guard debacle started in 2005 knows that Favre has made the OL look pretty good even when everyone (accept obviously those holding Aaron Rodgers jock strap) knew they weren't. Good QB's have a way of doing that where as inexperienced ones do not. Your super hero stepped out of bounds a yard SHORT of the first down marker, Favre in the same position would have picked it up.

We were taking bets on how long it would be before some idiot threw up a stupid comment like this. I didn't even bother to read back any farther because only one person said it would be before half, me. Get over yourselves, the Packers look like shit right now, they are NOT playing well at all and that INCLUDES Aaron Rodgers. Saying anything negative in comparision about Favre just shows how stupid you really are about the game. He isn't our QB anymore, OUR QB has sucked ass so far and THAT is what you MORONS should be talking about. Unfortunately all you can do is try to shift the focus off of where it needs to be, ON THE PACKERS.

Fakin losers...Oh great, the idiot chimes in. Why am I not suprised.

EDIT: Favre runs for first downs? He hasn't done that for 10 years. You really are deluded.

arcilite
08-16-2008, 09:49 PM

Fakin losers...

Internet.....

Serious Business.

boiga
08-16-2008, 09:50 PM
Prediction..who plays better tonight...Brohm or Flynn? I say Brohm. He should have gotten over the jitters by now.

Fritz
08-16-2008, 09:50 PM
Junius is out there - leading the way on that run, baby

Merlin
08-16-2008, 09:51 PM
Please read again:

"in the same position would have picked it up." Meaning if he was running for the first down (by the way he did on occasion), HE WOULD HAVE PICKED IT UP AND NOT STEPPED THE FAK OUT OF BOUNDS A YARD SHORT. So if you are going to be comparing Rodgers to Favre, BRING IT because this isn't about Favre and ANY comparision right now is doing NOTHING but trying to shift the focus off of a complete and total debacle by the PACKERS.

boiga
08-16-2008, 09:52 PM
Come on justin.... we don't need to watch the swimming recap.

cpk1994
Please read again:

"in the same position would have picked it up." Meaning if he was running for the first down (by the way he did on occasion), HE WOULD HAVE PICKED IT UP AND NOT STEPPED THE FAK OUT OF BOUNDS A YARD SHORT. So if you are going to be comparing Rodgers to Favre, BRING IT because this isn't about Favre and ANY comparision right now is doing NOTHING but trying to shift the focus off of a complete and total debacle by the PACKERS.PLease, Favre would have thrown the ball from there. More than likely an INT.Get your head out of Favre's ass.

Merlin

EDIT: Favre runs for first downs? He hasn't done that for 10 years. You really are deluded.

10 years you say?
Care to bet on that smart ass....put your money where your mouth is?

The only IDIOT here is the one trying to take the focus off of where it needs to be and put it on Favre, look in the mirror moron.

Merlin
08-16-2008, 09:54 PM
Come in chicken shit, 10 years, bet me....

arcilite
08-16-2008, 09:55 PM
Come in chicken shit, 10 years, bet me....

Don't you have cult meetings to attend somewhere?

Iron Mike
08-16-2008, 09:55 PM
Yup, Favre always runs for first downs.....

Favre would run 2 yards short of a 1st down and then throw the ball away. :roll:

Fritz
08-16-2008, 09:56 PM
Sometimes announcers are just morons. End of the first half, one of the San Fran announcers said Rodgers needed to have got his team a td - then the announcer said he knew that a Packer receiver dropped a td pass earlier in the first half, but Rodgers still needed to get his team a touchdown.

WTF? Does he want Rodgers to throw it, run down the field, and catch it too?

cpk1994

10 years you say?

The only IDIOT here is the one trying to take the focus off of where it needs to be and put it on Favre, look in the mirror moron.Look assht, we were doing just fine without you here. You are the moron making a big deal out of a inconsequential chit chat. Get the bug out of your ass already. You are just reinforcing why you are considered such a tool.

boiga
Rouse made a decent stop against the run there.

Bush still getting picked on. He's lucky his guy dropped the easy catch.

Iron Mike
08-16-2008, 09:57 PM
Bush owned by Ziegler--tell me again why he's still on the roster?

The Gunshooter
08-16-2008, 09:57 PM
Wow, Bush lucked out.

Fritz
08-16-2008, 09:58 PM
Jarret Bush looks like a junior high schooler.

The Gunshooter
08-16-2008, 09:59 PM
Bush again!

boiga
Bush gives up another 1st down.....

falco
jarret bush needs the ahmad carroll / joey thomas treatment

cpk1994
08-16-2008, 10:00 PM
Why is Jarret Bush still out there. Also, I think Rich Gannon took one too many shots to the head in his playing days.

Iron Mike
Tell me again why Bush is still on the roster? He's worse than T-Buck.

Fritz
Can MM cut him during the game?

Merlin

10 years you say?

The only IDIOT here is the one trying to take the focus off of where it needs to be and put it on Favre, look in the mirror moron.Look assht, we were doing just fine without you here. You are the moron making a big deal out of a inconsequential chit chat. Get the bug out of your ass already. You are just reinforcing why you are considered such a tool.

I would expect nothing more from a Your hating ways are old and your fakin comment are nothing but repatative bs. You think you know everything, BET ME LOSER! You won't though, that would mean backing up your assinine theories and because you know it's total BULLSHIT, you don't want to tarnish your stellar reputation around here....

cpk1994
Can MM cut him during the game?No, but TT probably can.

arcilite
08-16-2008, 10:01 PM
I would expect nothing more from a Your hating ways are old and your fakin comment are nothing but repatative bs. You think you know everything, BET ME LOSER! You won't though, that would mean backing up your assinine theories and because you know it's total BULLSHIT, you don't want to tarnish your stellar reputation around here....

Go away already, we are trying to talk about the game.

Fritz
08-16-2008, 10:02 PM
Why does it seem like every time they blitz it gets picked up?

boiga
08-16-2008, 10:02 PM
Go away already, we are trying to talk about the game. Seriously man.

cpk1994
08-16-2008, 10:03 PM

10 years you say?

I would expect nothing more from a Your hating ways are old and your fakin comment are nothing but repatative bs. You think you know everything, BET ME LOSER! You won't though, that would mean backing up your assinine theories and because you know it's total BULLSHIT, you don't want to tarnish your stellar reputation around here....One more time fuckhead. You need to quit making an ass out of yourself. It was one little comment. This thread was going along just fine until you cam in with your asinine shitstorm over a little comment. STFU already.

The Gunshooter
I would love to see a giant cane hook Bush around the neck and drag him off the field.

Fritz
Seems like every year there's one clunker pre-season game. This one's it this year.

Iron Mike
08-16-2008, 10:04 PM
Why does it seem like every time they blitz it gets picked up?

Not only that, it looks like when a defender has a straight line to the QB, it seems like they start slowing down. :roll:

boiga
Go Jordy!!!!!!!

The Gunshooter
What a run!

arcilite
WHITE LIGHTNING

pack4to84
nice return

Merlin
08-16-2008, 10:05 PM
Go away? Oh I am sorry I guess this isn't a PACKERS Forum, it's a Favre bashing forum, my mistake.

Freedom of speech is an interesting thing, it applies to everyone, not just you. I have the right to say what I want to about this game and in my opinion, your Fave comparisons are way out of line and they are lies at that. You want to talk about the GAME, then talk. You want to bash Favre then you fakin leave homer!

cpk1994
I want to apologize to the rest of the Rats in this thread. I don't mean to foul up this thread. I will try to watch the game now and ignore Merlin.

The Gunshooter
It must be the farm food.

boiga
08-16-2008, 10:06 PM
Justin.... we don't care about swimming. What the hell are you doing!!!!

Herron had a good second effort there. Not quite enough though.

cpk1994
08-16-2008, 10:08 PM
Justin.... we don't care about swimming. What the hell are you doing!!!!How are you watcing the game?

Iron Mike
08-16-2008, 10:08 PM
Nice flag, zebra!!!

Merlin
08-16-2008, 10:09 PM
Listen up jerk meat, you have to be the biggest jackass I have ever met. You can't run from your comments dipshit, they are out there for everyone to see. You can't back up shit, you never could and you resort to name calling? From what I can tell all you can do is fakin cover up for the ineptness of the first half by bashing on Favre and that is uncalled for. If you are a Packer fan, which I SERIOUSLY doubt, then you need to stfu about Favre and the 16 years he gave us of GREAT FOOTBALL and move the fak on. Otherwise, I will be everywhere you are you fakin piece of donkey dung.

boiga
08-16-2008, 10:09 PM
Live stream by a guy watching in Cali. He keeps switching to the olympics.

Good kick though.

cpk1994
08-16-2008, 10:10 PM
At least Crosby's ready to go.

cpk1994
08-16-2008, 10:10 PM
Live stream by a guy watching in Cali. He keeps switching to the olympics.

Good kick though.Ok. Thought I was losing my mind for a second.

boiga
08-16-2008, 10:11 PM
For the record, the Phelps got his last medal... # 9

Maybe justin will let us watch the game now...

There we go.

Rastak
08-16-2008, 10:11 PM
Listen up jerk meat, you have to be the biggest jackass I have ever met. You can't run from your comments dipshit, they are out there for everyone to see. You can't back up shit, you never could and you resort to name calling? From what I can tell all you can do is fakin cover up for the ineptness of the first half by bashing on Favre and that is uncalled for. If you are a Packer fan, which I SERIOUSLY doubt, then you need to stfu about Favre and the 16 years he gave us of GREAT FOOTBALL and move the fak on. Otherwise, I will be everywhere you are you fakin piece of donkey dung.

Dude, not to get in the middle of it, which I am, this is the live game thread so maybe focus on that?

cpk1994
08-16-2008, 10:12 PM

Dude, not to get in the middle of it, which I am, this is the live game thread so maybe focus on that?Again I want to apologize Ras. I should have ignored him from the start.

arcilite
08-16-2008, 10:13 PM
I swear these 49ers fan in the chatroom are acting like its the superbowl.

You try to tell them it only preseason and they will call you a moron.

cpk1994
08-16-2008, 10:14 PM
I swear these 49ers fan in the chatroom are acting like its the superbowl.

You try to tell them it only preseason and they will call you a moron.

Not to worry, they will get their reality check soon enough.

boiga
08-16-2008, 10:15 PM
Pat Lee's not looking great in coverage right now either.

He gave up one long pass and almost missed another right there.

The Gunshooter
08-16-2008, 10:17 PM
They finally hit the quarterback.

boiga
08-16-2008, 10:18 PM
They finally hit the quarterback.Did you catch who did it? It was a good hit.

Scott Campbell
08-16-2008, 10:18 PM
Listen up jerk meat, you have to be the biggest jackass I have ever met. .....................................and you resort to name calling?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Rastak
08-16-2008, 10:19 PM
Listen up jerk meat, you have to be the biggest jackass I have ever met. .....................................and you resort to name calling?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Don't sidetrack things Scott....

But that is pretty funny!

Fritz
08-16-2008, 10:20 PM
Why0 is Herron getting so many carries? Where are the others?

cpk1994
08-16-2008, 10:21 PM

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:WHen you put it in that form that is funny. :lol:

Brando19
08-16-2008, 10:24 PM
Bush is as good as gone...so long Jarrett!

cpk1994
08-16-2008, 10:24 PM
Why is Bush still in there? Get him out of the game, NOW, for christ sake.

red
08-16-2008, 10:25 PM
boy bush is worthless

he needs to be cut tomorrow

Brando19
08-16-2008, 10:26 PM
I wonder if Favre is watching this game..or at least glancing at the score every once and a while?

cpk1994
I wonder if Favre is watching this game..or at least glancing at the score every once and a while?I don't think he cares anymore.

Scott Campbell
I think these guys deserve some more 2 a days after this debacle.

boiga
08-16-2008, 10:27 PM
I wonder if Favre is watching this game..or at least glancing at the score every once and a while? Not likely. He's probably trying to catch up on lost sleep right now.

And while it looks bad, it's still just preseason.

Scott Campbell
08-16-2008, 10:27 PM
I wonder if Favre is watching this game..or at least glancing at the score every once and a while?I don't think he cares anymore.

Nobody but freaks cares about the preseason.

cpk1994
08-16-2008, 10:28 PM
I wonder if Favre is watching this game..or at least glancing at the score every once and a while? Not likely. He's probably trying to catch up on lost sleep right now.

And while it looks bad, it's still just preseason.And with Grant, Jennings, Pickett, and KGB held out, I don't feel as bad as I normally would about it either.

The Gunshooter
08-16-2008, 10:29 PM
Oh no, here comes Broom again.

Brando19
08-16-2008, 10:29 PM

Nobody but freaks cares about the preseason.

And coaches. Try telling that to Bush....his ass is gone in a week or 2.

Scott Campbell
08-16-2008, 10:30 PM
Nifty little run Noah.

boiga
Herron's looking good right now.

Brando19
Noah's running like he heard someone break in his house.

Scott Campbell
Wierd play calling.

cpk1994
08-16-2008, 10:31 PM
Wierd play calling.Im beginning to wonder if M3's headset is miswired.

boiga
08-16-2008, 10:32 PM
Nice throw there by Brohm to Jake Allen. He's got potential, even if he's not ready yet.

Guiness
08-16-2008, 10:34 PM
Wierd play calling.

why's that?

Just got here. Looks like this is a whitewash. Rodgers didn't play well? Did BJack get the carries with the starters? Looks like they weren't running much

cpk1994
08-16-2008, 10:35 PM
Wierd play calling.

why's that?

Just got here. Looks like this is a whitewash. Rodgers didn't play well? Did BJack get the carries with the starters? Looks like they weren't running muchYEah, for some reason McCarthy got pass happy in the second quarter.

Iron Mike
08-16-2008, 10:37 PM
Another receiver drops a pass.........notice a pattern here?? :evil:

Iron Mike
08-16-2008, 10:39 PM
Hodge siting!!!

boiga
08-16-2008, 10:40 PM
It's been in the background, but Rouse has had a good game today against he run.

GBRulz
08-16-2008, 10:40 PM

Yeah, it's going right along with the whole team playing shitty tonight.

I will feel much better seeing us bounce back against Denver next week. If they look this bad in their last 2 PS games, then I might start worrying.

cpk1994
08-16-2008, 10:41 PM
I agree with that.

boiga
08-16-2008, 10:42 PM

Yeah, it's going right along with the whole team playing shitty tonight.

I will feel much better seeing us bounce back against Denver next week. If they look this bad in their last 2 PS games, then I might start worrying. Agreed. We hopefully have time to fix most of the problems that are out there.

Scott Campbell
08-16-2008, 10:43 PM
Wierd play calling.

why's that?

They were pass happy most of the game until the 3 straight runs by Noah.

pbmax
08-16-2008, 10:44 PM
Rodgers played worse as the night went along. Looked fine early then got more hesitant. Until the near pick, he still looked respectable and his outing would have been fine to that point if Driver and Lee hang on to catchable balls. Esp. Lee's near TD.

The worrisome part is after that, his play deteriorated, they got more pressure and he started holding the ball like David Carr back there. On the near INT, he watched Driver the whole way and led the safety right to the throw.

Scott Campbell
08-16-2008, 10:44 PM
Didn't Mike Nolan used to wear a shirt and tie on the sideline?

cpk1994
08-16-2008, 10:45 PM
Didn't Mike Nolan used to wear a shirt and tie on the sideline?Yes, but its preseason. No reason to waste a suit.

boiga
08-16-2008, 10:45 PM
That's Hunter's 2nd major facemask penalty of the night, right? He's another that's had and awful night.

And he misses the tackle there allowing a big run.

pbmax
08-16-2008, 10:46 PM
McCarthy also lost his cool in the 2nd quarter when he pushed/moved someone away from him. While he was talking to someone else or into the headset. He completely abandoned the run early. If we are this dependent on Jennings and Grant, then we might want to employ a faith healer rather than Ari Fleischer.

pbmax
I see what you did there.

Noah's running like he heard someone break in his house.

Scott Campbell
Rouse with a horrific missed arm tackle.

GBRulz
08-16-2008, 10:47 PM

Yes, dozens of Niner fans are out there in the stands wondering the same!

pack4to84
this is ugly

Iron Mike
That's Hunter's 2nd major facemask penalty of the night, right? He's another that's had and awful night.

Major facemask? I thought that this year there was no penalty for incidental facemask? :?

cpk1994
08-16-2008, 10:48 PM
this is uglyUnderstatement of the year.

pbmax
There is only major (15 yd) face mask penalties anymore, if I recall correctly.

boiga

Major facemask? I thought that this year there was no penalty for incidental facemask? :? True, but that's still thirty yards he's given up.

BallHawk
08-16-2008, 10:49 PM

He wore one at all home games last year. Started doing it as a tribute to his father in 2006, back then they allowed it for two games because of marketing promises to Reebok. Then they made it more regular and he could wear it all season. Jack Del Rio did it as well.

I can't say for certain if Mike is doing it again this year, but I hope it does. It's damn classy and miles better than Belichick's hobo garb.

GBRulz
08-16-2008, 10:49 PM
One thing that gave me a bad case of deja vu was the major miscommunication in the secondary that lead to the 2nd Niner TD. Didn't we have problems with that last year, too? I hope Shott is donating half his paycheck to Woodson and Harris...without them, perhaps he doesn't have a job.

Iron Mike
08-16-2008, 10:51 PM
<==wonders why there's a need to indicate major facemask penalty when the minor facemask penalty doesn't exist??

GBRulz
08-16-2008, 10:51 PM
I can't say for certain if Mike is doing it again this year, but I hope it does. It's damn classy and miles better than Belichick's hobo garb.

Or a bowling shirt

Scott Campbell
08-16-2008, 10:52 PM
Jordy in the open field = :D

cpk1994
08-16-2008, 10:52 PM

Or a bowling shirtFortunately, the guy who wore those is not in the league anymore.

Scott Campbell
08-16-2008, 10:53 PM
Isn't the out one of the toughest throws in pro football?

Nice job Flynn!

The Gunshooter
GB can dump Blackmon and Bush now. Nelson can handle the return duties this year and Bush is a disaster.

boiga
<==wonders why there's a need to indicate major facemask penalty when the minor facemask penalty doesn't exist?? It exists, it's just no longer called.

Flynn and Jordy both looking good so far too.

pbmax
Yep, no one stayed deep outside.

We also had a blown coverage underneath before the Jarret Bush pass interference call just a little bit ago. Hodge (or MLB) and DB both covered the RB crossing the middle.

No one dropped into the deep middle which let a WR right into the end zone free and clear between both safeties. If not overthrown, its a TD.

One thing that gave me a bad case of deja vu was the major miscommunication in the secondary that lead to the 2nd Niner TD. Didn't we have problems with that last year, too? I hope Shott is donating half his paycheck to Woodson and Harris...without them, perhaps he doesn't have a job.

cpk1994
08-16-2008, 10:54 PM
Giocomini got called for holding. That ref better be looking over his shoulder for the mob hit.

boiga
08-16-2008, 10:55 PM
sigh......

GBRulz
College just let that guy go right by him.

cpk1994
Nice whiff, Daryn. :evil:

BallHawk
It's actually kind of amusing at this point........

Scott Campbell
Can you hang that on Flynn? I don't think so.

cpk1994
08-16-2008, 10:56 PM
It's actually kind of amusing at this point........About as amusing as repeat trauma to my nuts with a blunt object.

boiga
08-16-2008, 10:57 PM
Can you hang that on Flynn? I don't think so. No, twice in a row his protection collapsed in his blind spot. A guy has to rely on his OL to some extent, right?

Jimx29
The entire apple cart has been upset

The Gunshooter
It's like these guys are taking turns breaking down.

GBRulz
you just have to laugh this off..... not even worth getting pissed off about. Hopefully a good ass chewing and we'll be good to go next week for the Bronc's

cpk1994
08-16-2008, 10:58 PM
I think they are mailing this one in.

Lurker64
08-16-2008, 10:58 PM
It's actually kind of amusing at this point........About as amusing as repeat trauma to my nuts with a blunt object.

I have to say, that's pretty funny after a while.

cpk1994
08-16-2008, 10:59 PM

I have to say, that's pretty funny after a while.

:lol: :lol:

GBRulz
08-16-2008, 10:59 PM

Which, at times...seems like a good idea to me :twisted: :lol:

GBRulz
08-16-2008, 11:01 PM
Quick recap of tonight....

Lee, Nelson and Woodson showed up to play.

boiga
08-16-2008, 11:03 PM
sigh.... :roll:

Scott Campbell
08-16-2008, 11:03 PM
Nice - we get the ball right back.

cpk1994
08-16-2008, 11:04 PM
Nice - we get the ball right back.Do we really want it back?

cpk1994
08-16-2008, 11:04 PM
Quick recap of tonight....

Lee, Nelson and Woodson showed up to play.You can add Crosby and Ryan.

Scott Campbell
08-16-2008, 11:05 PM
I'd like to see if Flynn and or Lumkin can do something.

Scott Campbell
08-16-2008, 11:06 PM
I'll tell you what, if I'm a coach it sure would be a helluva lot easier to cut guys after a game like this. And I'd then sleep like a baby.

Scott Campbell
08-16-2008, 11:11 PM
What a crappy route Francies.

GBRulz
08-16-2008, 11:12 PM
Speaking of cuts...the first mandatory roster reduction is right before their last pre season game, right?

The Gunshooter
08-16-2008, 11:13 PM
Tavaris Jackson has a sprained knee?

Iron Mike
08-16-2008, 11:13 PM
Everytime they mention Haynos' name, I think they're saying "heinous."

Which pretty much sums up this game. :roll:

Pacopete4
08-16-2008, 11:14 PM
who cares about the vikes... the way they looked they will cream us... thanks TT

GBRulz
Anus is more like it.

boiga
Evan Moore got injured and fumbled. He just sat up at least.

There goes his shot to make the roster.

Edit: ouch.... got a helmet directly to the knee. No wonder he fumbled.

GBRulz
08-16-2008, 11:15 PM
Now, Now Paco...no pot stirring right now!! It's just a pre season game.

Scott Campbell
08-16-2008, 11:16 PM
who cares about the vikes... the way they looked they will cream us... thanks TT

It's over. The whole season is over.

Who's on top of your draft board?

cpk1994
Now, Now Paco...no pot stirring right now!! It's just a pre season game.Unfortunately Merlin already did, and I couldn't ignore him.

Pacopete4
Now, Now Paco...no pot stirring right now!! It's just a pre season game.

:P Favre looked pretty good tonight.. he almost looked, oh wait he did look like a HOF QB...

I'm really surprised too... that playbook that he had to learn shoulda been tricky.......... :lol:

Pacopete4
08-16-2008, 11:17 PM

Who's on top of your draft board?

Favre in the 2nd round?.... ok fine... whenever Dylan Favre comes out I guess we have a shot?

cpk1994
08-16-2008, 11:18 PM

Who's on top of your draft board?Don't egg him on.

Pacopete4
08-16-2008, 11:18 PM

Who's on top of your draft board?Don't egg him on.

he already did............

Scott Campbell
08-16-2008, 11:20 PM
You should egg him on. We had a lot of fun digging up posts from the quitters last season.

cpk1994
08-16-2008, 11:21 PM
You should egg him on. We had a lot of fun digging up posts from the quitters last season.I understand it can be fun, but after dealing with Merlin, we don't need another Favre loving clown pulling his crap tonight.

Pacopete4
08-16-2008, 11:22 PM
You should egg him on. We had a lot of fun digging up posts from the quitters last season.

just like I remember all off these quotes how we will be fine hahaha

Pacopete4
08-16-2008, 11:23 PM
You should egg him on. We had a lot of fun digging up posts from the quitters last season.I understand it can be fun, but after dealing with Merlin, we don't need another Favre loving clown pulling his crap tonight.

It has nothing to do with Favre personally... it has to do with putting our best football team on the field... and we failed to do that...

Scott Campbell
08-16-2008, 11:24 PM

just like I remember all off these quotes how we will be fine hahaha

So if we suck, you'll be relishing it. Wow.

cpk1994
08-16-2008, 11:25 PM

It has nothing to do with Favre personally... it has to do with putting our best football team on the field... and we failed to do that...Don't you have a Jets forum to be at so you can slurp Favre's salami.

Pacopete4
08-16-2008, 11:26 PM

It has nothing to do with Favre personally... it has to do with putting our best football team on the field... and we failed to do that...Don't you have a Jets forum to be at so you can slurp Favre's salami.

why dont you slurp Arod's salami?... he seems to like that

GBRulz
08-16-2008, 11:26 PM
not this shit again. :roll:

Pacopete4
08-16-2008, 11:27 PM
I will be as heart broken as the next packer fan.. but to be so blinded as some, I will not be...[quote]

Great post...

cpk1994
08-16-2008, 11:28 PM
not this shit again. :roll:I'm sorry but hes being an asshole and I can't let it slide. I'll try to take the high road now and not give in to this moron.

Chevelle2
08-16-2008, 11:31 PM
Lets all overreact to 1 preseason game everyone *cough*PacoPete*cough*

GBRulz
08-16-2008, 11:31 PM
So go grab a Miller Lite and forget about it, cpk.

Is anyone getting M3's PC right now?

cpk1994
08-16-2008, 11:32 PM
So go grab a Miller Lite and forget about it, cpk.

Is anyone getting M3's PC right now?Good call.

Harlan Huckleby
08-16-2008, 11:34 PM
I thought the PAckers looked like an expansion team with high hopes tonight. You could see the raw talent, mabye in 3 or 4 years .... :lol:

GBRulz
08-16-2008, 11:36 PM
According to M3...he's basically saying tonight was a good experience for the team to learn from and it's up to them to see what they take away from this and how they correct mistakes vs. Denver. I agree 100%

Scott Campbell
08-16-2008, 11:36 PM
I thought they looked great.

For an arena team.

Scott Campbell
08-16-2008, 11:37 PM
According to M3...he's basically saying tonight was a good experience for the team to learn from and it's up to them to see what they take away from this and how they correct mistakes vs. Denver. I agree 100%

Yeah, it's all very politically correct and supportive for now. But I hope he makes some guys squirm during the film sessions.

Farley Face
08-16-2008, 11:37 PM

Where can I hear his post game PC?

Scott Campbell
08-16-2008, 11:38 PM

morguetv.com

GBRulz
08-16-2008, 11:39 PM

Well, it was just on the local news. I'm sure it will be posted on packers.com by tomorrow morning.

Farley Face
08-16-2008, 11:40 PM

Well, it was just on the local news. I'm sure it will be posted on packers.com by tomorrow morning.

OK, thanks.

Harlan Huckleby
08-16-2008, 11:42 PM
IT is really strange watching a crew of QBs where Rodgers is the wise old man. It is going to take a while to get used to Favre not being on the team, that's for damn sure.

Scott Campbell
08-16-2008, 11:44 PM
Well Rodgers didn't play very well tonight. It will be interesting to see if he bounces back. Favre had more than his share of stinkers every year. But he always seemed to bounce back.

GBRulz
08-16-2008, 11:47 PM
WTH are Kijbota lawn mowers? M3 was just on a commercial endorsing them.

Scott Campbell
08-16-2008, 11:48 PM

Kubota?

Good stuff.

Freak Out
08-16-2008, 11:48 PM
Its a damn pre-season game but hell...81 passing yards? Did I see that right?

CaliforniaCheez
08-16-2008, 11:49 PM
I wasted a Saturday Night....

Iron Mike
08-16-2008, 11:50 PM

http://www.kubota.com/f/Products/products.cfm

Partial
08-17-2008, 12:28 AM
Some of you are out "Collinsing" Collins. Shut up. Who gives a heck whether someone wanted Favre or not?!? The fact is he's gone, its irritating, and you both look like Collins.

In any case, after last year's Seattle game I thought we would have a really good team. Perhaps it was the Bigby wildman blitzes and crazy sacks, but I thought our offense would be good enough to score points and our defense would be good enough to get a critical stop.

This year, the same week, I feel the exact opposite. I feel like we're going to be a bad team. Unfortunately, this turn of events is not unheard of (see the Chicago Bears of 2007), and would be really unfortunate. Hopefully that does not happen, but in the event that it does we all know who is going to get all the blame - just or not.

Chevelle2
08-17-2008, 12:39 AM
Sportscenter had a clock "time in the pocket" for AR. He never had more than 2 seconds.

One of the plays, he had .8 seconds before he was sacked.

Partial
08-17-2008, 12:42 AM
Then maybe he should have bought more time. Excuses are for losers.

mission
08-17-2008, 12:44 AM

Did you ever respond to my football experience post?

What huddles have you ran? Where did you play football?

Im curious ...

Chevelle2
08-17-2008, 12:45 AM

Did you ever respond to my football experience post?

What huddles have you ran? Where did you play football?

Im curious ...

http://i.testfreaks.com/images/products/600x400/45/backyard-football.468525.jpg

Gunakor
08-17-2008, 12:45 AM

It's not excuses. It's a team game. Part of the team struggled mightily, and other parts of the team suffered for it. Favre would have been sacked at least once or twice with the performance on the line tonight also. 0.8 seconds isn't very long.

The Gunshooter
08-17-2008, 12:51 AM
I haven't seen anything so ugly since NE and NYJ destroyed them at home in 2006.

Chevelle2
08-17-2008, 12:54 AM

But I thought the reason Favre threw that INT was because Al Harris got torched?

mmmdk
08-17-2008, 01:08 AM

I agree. I am not going to really worry till after next pre-season game. But it was a rude awakening, both for the Packers and me - I just woke and turned on my PC...to this! :o

Funny note: I am surely happy that it's vs Falcons for the PackerRats game...

Brohm
08-17-2008, 01:21 AM
There have been a few preseason klunkers like this (and a couple regular season games :shock: ). I understand that with key vets out and whatnot there may be some issues **at times**. This noncompetitive crap just blows though.

What I don't get, is if we are not going to even bother trying to run the ball, why change up positions of one of the best pass-blocking units (with BF). And I mentioned Farve as I do expect Rodgers to get smacked around a bit more till he develops a better pocket presence.

Hell put Colledge back at LG and Spitz at RG, call it a day and get back to getting the offense runnning.

Brohm
08-17-2008, 01:25 AM
MM post game(JSO):

"I think they were more physical than we were," coach Mike McCarthy said. "I need to get that fixed. I did not have the team prepared. We will get that done this week."

Chevelle2
08-17-2008, 01:31 AM
MM post game:

"I think they were more physical than we were," coach Mike McCarthy said. "I need to get that fixed. I did not have the team prepared. We will get that done this week."

I like him...he takes the blame much of the time, deserved or not.

mmmdk
08-17-2008, 06:42 AM
MM post game:

At first I agreed - yet players should be ready; could be sign of trouble that McCarthy takes blame. Still MM is classy and has broad shoulders. Remember - it's been a draining training camp till Lord Favre left. Are we paying the price now? Something tells me we are (gut feeling).

GBRulz
08-17-2008, 08:34 AM
mmmdk, I was wondering the same thing after the game last night. You just wonder how much of a distraction the Favre scenario had overall on the team.

Another thing that is bothering me is our lack of running the ball. I know he wants to get Rodgers as many reps as possible but you can't forget about your run game, either. Since we are passing almost every play, teams know that and can be better prepared with their defense. But..how is he really going to get a good look at the back up RB's? On the same note, I know he needs to look at our back up QB's, too, so I guess it's a wash.

I suppose I need to just stop all the "what if" scenarios and just write this off as a shitty PS game and that we'll bounce back against Denver.

Scott Campbell
08-17-2008, 09:09 AM
I suppose I need to just stop all the "what if" scenarios and just write this off as a shitty PS game and that we'll bounce back against Denver.

It sure makes this Denver game a lot more meaningful.

Zool
08-17-2008, 10:35 AM
Even if it was a regular season game, its just one stinker. Packers had 2 last year and both came against the Bears. Teams all have bad games. It just happens.

Bretsky
08-17-2008, 10:53 AM

Yikes; sounds like the Sanders Nottenheimer combo was in rare form again :(

cpk1994
08-17-2008, 11:42 AM
MM post game:

At first I agreed - yet players should be ready; could be sign of trouble that McCarthy takes blame. Still MM is classy and has broad shoulders. Remember - it's been a draining training camp till Lord Favre left. Are we paying the price now? Something tells me we are (gut feeling).I would rather have McCarthy stand up and take blame instead of Mike Sherman making excuses for everyone.

Partial
08-17-2008, 11:44 AM
MM post game:

At first I agreed - yet players should be ready; could be sign of trouble that McCarthy takes blame. Still MM is classy and has broad shoulders. Remember - it's been a draining training camp till Lord Favre left. Are we paying the price now? Something tells me we are (gut feeling).I would rather have McCarthy stand up and take blame instead of Mike Sherman making excuses for everyone.

You have a unique art of thread crapping. Your response has ZERO relevance to what Mike mmm said.

I ask that you no longer respond to my posts and hope that you please respect those wishes. I do not wish to be involved.

Pacopete4
08-17-2008, 12:09 PM
If J.T. O'Sullivan outperforms Arod I will get even more drunk than I already am tonight... .

ya.. it happened :oops:

Scott Campbell
08-17-2008, 12:11 PM
If J.T. O'Sullivan outperforms Arod I will get even more drunk than I already am tonight... .

How are we supposed to tell the difference between your drunk posts and your ordinary posts?

Rastak
08-17-2008, 12:12 PM
For those that missed it last night, the game is on right now on NFLN (in HD).

Scott Campbell
08-17-2008, 12:14 PM
For those that missed it last night, the game is on right now on NFLN (in HD).

Keep plenty of Kleenex handy.

BallHawk
08-17-2008, 12:30 PM

How are we supposed to tell the difference between your drunk posts and your ordinary posts?

I lol'd.

Iron Mike
08-17-2008, 01:25 PM

I lol'd.

Pacopete has a loooong way to go until he can match up with the epic 4and12to12and4 drunken postings. :glug:

FritzDontBlitz
08-17-2008, 02:04 PM
Sportscenter had a clock "time in the pocket" for AR. He never had more than 2 seconds.

I saw that segment of Sportscenter. The plays they timed were his sacks and times he got hit. I've seen JSO say he was too hesitant in the pocket and held the ball too long on other plays. And, is it true that Rodgers had a scramble where he had room to run on 3rd and 4 but instead of running for the first down he ran out of bounds after gaining 3 yards?

BallHawk
08-17-2008, 02:06 PM

I lol'd.

Pacopete has a loooong way to go until he can match up with the epic 4and12to12and4 drunken postings. :glug:

What the hell happened to that guy? Last thing I remembered he was moving into a place by himself. Haven't heard from him since.

pbmax
08-17-2008, 02:32 PM
He had room to get three without being hit or diving ahead. And that's what he did by going out of bounds. But he could have gotten the first down if he was willing to risk taking a good shot.

I saw that segment of Sportscenter. The plays they timed were his sacks and times he got hit. I've seen JSO say he was too hesitant in the pocket and held the ball too long on other plays. And, is it true that Rodgers had a scramble where he had room to run on 3rd and 4 but instead of running for the first down he ran out of bounds after gaining 3 yards?

cpk1994
08-17-2008, 02:51 PM
MM post game:

You have a unique art of thread crapping. Your response has ZERO relevance to what Mike mmm said.

I ask that you no longer respond to my posts and hope that you please respect those wishes. I do not wish to be involved.
I don't think so forum Nazi. I will call out your BS whenever I see fit. And you can do two thiings about that. Either 1) Like it or 2)Nothing.

cpk1994
08-17-2008, 02:53 PM

I lol'd.

What the hell happened to that guy? Last thing I remembered he was moving into a place by himself. Haven't heard from him since.Well, from what I hear, padded rooms don't have Internet.

MJZiggy
08-17-2008, 02:55 PM

What the hell happened to that guy? Last thing I remembered he was moving into a place by himself. Haven't heard from him since.

I've been jilted...

Carolina_Packer
08-17-2008, 03:34 PM
The game did suck last night, but maybe this is the right time to get thumped in most facets of the game. It might light a fire under the back-sides of many of the players and they actually might show up in Denver and put up a good performance instead of the egg they laid in San Fran. It'll be interesting to see how they respond. With so many guys down with camp injuries that are being protected, the result from last night is not shocking. Hard to have continuity, tempo and rhythm when things are not really like the regular season, especially personnel-wise. I say the Packers bounce back.

mmmdk
08-18-2008, 04:10 AM
MM post game:

I agree and I think that's what I said too. :)