PDA

View Full Version : What Punters Might Be Available?

Fritz
08-16-2008, 08:09 AM
Okay, it sounds like Jon Ryan's sucking eggs, eh, Woodbuck?

So where did that other punter they had (Ken Debauche?) land? Is he in someone's camp? Call that dude up!

If he's in someone's camp, trade Junius Coston for him. (I'm trying to break my addiction to Orange Junius here).

What other punters might be out there? Anyone know? Any of you people NFL punter experts?

3irty1
08-16-2008, 08:17 AM

So where did that other punter they had (Ken Debauche?) land? Is he in someone's camp? Call that dude up!

If he's in someone's camp, trade Junius Coston for him. (I'm trying to break my addiction to Orange Junius here).

What other punters might be out there? Anyone know? Any of you people NFL punter experts?

Obviously there is a perfect solution to this. We'll just have to never go 3 and out.

pbmax
08-16-2008, 08:59 AM
If Debauche has been picked up, Scout.com, kffl.com and Google News have missed it. If they want competition, what might be hampering their decision are the number of people out with injuries right now.

boiga
08-16-2008, 10:08 AM
Jon Ryan should be fine. He shanked one ball last week because he was trying to be too pretty about setting it at the 5 yardline.

The other short kick was due to a protection failure in which a Bengal got a hand on the ball. That's a special teams problem, not just the punter's.

Neither of these are unforgivable offenses.

RashanGary
08-16-2008, 12:12 PM
I'm not ready to panic about Jon Ryan yet either. He's been getting better and more consistant with every game. He had a blip. If it turns into a pattern I'll start to worry but he has very high upside and seems to be just starting to find his consistant groove (based on TC, not the one preseason game that was poor so far).

pbmax
08-16-2008, 02:08 PM
Panic may not be the right word, but what about concern, hesitation or doubt?

Ryan has been trying to become more consistent since his first year. Last year he seemed to have cut down on the line drive 50 yarders than came back 20 yards, but the reports out of training camp this year have relayed that it has not been his best camp.

He had the one bad shank, but he also had another short kick. Plus he bombed another one twelve yards deep in the endzone. What we don't know is how he is handling the new snapper. Crosby seemed OK, but Ryan is much further back for punts.

digitaldean
08-16-2008, 02:38 PM

I was thinking DeBauche as well, but he sucked so bad that he never made it to training camp. He got waived this spring.

BF4MVP
08-16-2008, 02:39 PM
I think it's aboot time that Jon Ryan steps his game up, eh?

pbmax
08-16-2008, 03:27 PM
I don't remember him struggling that bad, but they didn't feel they could do two punters at an 80 player limit. Part of that was injury even at that early date. Pickett, KGB and Harrell were already limited and so some rosters spots had to go to depth rather than the best bet for competition.

I was thinking DeBauche as well, but he sucked so bad that he never made it to training camp. He got waived this spring.

Fritz
08-16-2008, 09:20 PM
Shank you. Shank you all.