PDA

View Full Version : Great Football Player Quote

Scott Campbell
08-16-2008, 08:38 AM
http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080815/PKR01/80815120/1954/PKR03

Hit on Martin costs Bengals' White

August 15, 2008

The hit that left Ruvell Martin with a bruised jaw and a mild concussion on Monday will cost Bengals safety Marvin White $7,500.
Advertisement

That’s how much the NFL has fined White for “impermissible use of the helmet,” a league spokesman said Friday afternoon.

On the second-quarter play, cornerback Deltha O’Neal tipped Brian Brohm’s pass for Martin, who was reaching back for the fluttering ball when White unloaded on him. The league said White “struck his opponent in the chest area with his helmet,” though Martin said he was hit squarely in the jaw with “probably the best shot I’ve ever taken.”

“I got blasted in my jaw and was out,” Martin said on Wednesday. “That happens. It’s football. Everyone’s running around there trying to hit each other and hit each other hard, and the guy got me.”

No flag was thrown on the play.

Martin returned to practice on Thursday after sitting out a day earlier, but his status for Saturday night’s preseason game at San Francisco is up in the air.

Ballhawk has to be loving this. Martin gets clobbered. They fine the dude that clobbered him. But Martin doesn't whine about it one bit. In fact he calls it "probably the best shot" he's ever taken.

Good stuff Ruvell!

pbmax
08-16-2008, 08:47 AM
Maybe he is still concussed? I thought there were four or five hits in the Bengals secondary that were headfirst. I was amazed that there weren't flags thrown on some of them.

Fosco33
08-16-2008, 09:30 AM
Maybe he is still concussed? I thought there were four or five hits in the Bengals secondary that were headfirst. I was amazed that there weren't flags thrown on some of them.

And the early blitzing as well as low shots on Rodgers reeked of poor sportsmanship.

Iron Mike
08-16-2008, 10:10 AM
Somebody around here actually called it out during the game:

http://packerrats.com/ratchat/viewtopic.php?p=310147#310147

8-)

BallHawk
08-16-2008, 01:10 PM
Ruvell is just ice-cold.