PDA

View Full Version : Favre's first win as a Packer on NFL Network right now

motife
08-16-2008, 01:50 PM
It's almost over.

The Cincinatti game. They lead 17-3 at the end of the 3rd quarter, 1:58pm CDT.

Jon Gruden is on the sideline. Holmgren is skinny.

Defense :
Bryce Paup
Tony Bennett
Matt Brock
Esera Tualolo
Lester Archambeau
Brian Noble
Johnny Holland
Terrell Buckley
LeRoy Butler
Robert Brown
John Jurkovic
George Koonce
Vinnie Clark
Chuck Cecil

Offense :
Bertt Favre
Sterling Sharpe
Vince Workman
Harry Sydney
Jackie Harris
Ken Reuttgers
Ron Hallstrom
Tootie Robbins
James Campen
Robert Brooks
Rich Moran
Sanjay Beach
Kittrick Taylor
Robert Brooks

Punter is Paul McJulien who is going to average 55 yards per punt.

Terrell Buckley ran a punt in for a TD 58 yards. 17-10.

motife
08-16-2008, 02:26 PM
Bengals kick a FG 20 - 10 in mid 4th quarter.

BF4MVP
08-16-2008, 02:29 PM
Too bad Time Warner hasn't been able to hammer out a deal with the NFL Network :cry:

Although I think my dad has that game on a VHS somewhere..

motife
08-16-2008, 02:29 PM
21 yard scramble by Favre.

Favre 33 yard pass to Sharpe. Beautiful. Lightning releaes, 2 to Harry Sydney, Sharpe and to Ed West.

9 yard TD pass to Sterling Sharpe. Cinc 20 GB 17.

88 yards in 8 plays.

SudsMcBucky
08-16-2008, 02:32 PM
This game is a perfect example of why people need to give Arod a little time before they start jumping on him if his first game or 2 don't go quite as planned. Although GB came back and won that Cinci game, BF looked terrible for a better part of 2-3 quarters.

Buckley got the team back in the game with his electrifying punt return, and Favre made that huge toss at the end of the game, but he sure had a lot of ugly moments leading up to the end of the game. A number of fumbles and poor throws, especially in the 2nd and 3rd Q's.

We all know how BF turned out. Although we can only hope that Arod becomes even a quarter of the QB BF did, I fear fans will go ballistic on him if he plays the first half of his first game the same way BF started out in that Cinci game.

motife
08-16-2008, 02:36 PM
This game is a perfect example of why people need to give Arod a little time before they start jumping on him if his first game or 2 don't go quite as planned. Although GB came back and won that Cinci game, BF looked terrible for a better part of 2-3 quarters.

Buckley got the team back in the game with his electrifying punt return, and Favre made that huge toss at the end of the game, but he sure had a lot of ugly moments leading up to the end of the game. A number of fumbles and poor throws, especially in the 2nd and 3rd Q's.

We all know how BF turned out. Although we can only hope that Arod becomes even a quarter of the QB BF did, I fear fans will go ballistic on him if he plays the first half of his first game the same way BF started out in that Cinci game.

VERY good point.

Favre fumbled the snap at least 3 times in the 2nd half. And fumbled on a blitz hit, recovered by the Bengals.

motife
08-16-2008, 02:37 PM
SPECTACUAR hit by LeRoy Butler breaking up a pass.

Forcing the punt with about 3 minutes left.

Here we go....

UHOH... Terrell Buckley FUMBLED the punt return. Recovered by the Bengals deep in Packers territory. 3:11 left.

motife
08-16-2008, 02:42 PM
GB calls last timeout. Bengals have a 3rd and 5 at the GB 20, at the 2 minute warning.

GBRulz
08-16-2008, 02:45 PM

I agree. I mean, I remember in Brett's 2nd full season many were calling for his head. I read somewhere that Holmgren actually had him benched and then Andy Reid talked him out of it.

As long as Aaron can stay healthy, I'm not worried. It's if he gets hurt that worries me !

motife
08-16-2008, 02:47 PM
4th and 2 at the GB 17.

Breech missed the FG but there was a false start! GB could not decline the penalty. Holmgrren and the players VERY mad.

So Breech tries it again from 41 yards out.

MAKES the FG. Cinc 23 GB 17.

1:00 left.

motife
08-16-2008, 02:51 PM
SHEESH!!

Robert Brooks catches the kick and goes OUT OF BOUNDS at the EIGHT yard line.

There was no one near Brooks at the time. He could have let it go out of bounds and the Packers would have had it at the 35.

Lots of "wrong mistakes" today by the Packers.

motife
08-16-2008, 02:53 PM
BEAUTIFUL pass to Sharpe. 46 yards.

10 yard pass to Workman.

Favre downs it. 19 seconds left.

motife
08-16-2008, 02:57 PM
Favre pump fakes, stiff arms a DL, throws a LASER phenomenally accurate pass to Kittrick Taylor at the one . Taylor runs it in. 35 yards. TD.

GB 24 Cinc 23.

Tootie Robbins, Reuttgers, Halllstrom, Sharpe, Noble are ecstatic. Are just BEAMING at Brett.

Fans are going nuts. It was just one continuous roar from the TD pass, through the Bengals 2 plays with 10 seconds left, and after the game was over as the Packers congratulated the Bengals and walked into the tunnel. No change in volume or intensity that whole time.

The players dumped Holmgren with Gatorade, and on the way in to the tunnel HOLMGREN was hugging two players, not the other way around.

motife
08-16-2008, 03:30 PM
The noticeable thing about Favre in this game compared to Aaron Rodgers is Favre's bearing, his confidence level, his complete lack of indecision. For this being Favre's first extended stint playing in the NFL, and in a comeback win, it's almost unbelievable the swagger he exhibits.

On the other hand, his fumbling could have been disastrous. Four fumbles in the 2nd half by Favre.