PDA

View Full Version : Where are the A-Rod Haters -- Part 2?

rbaloha1
08-16-2008, 09:32 PM
Okay lets hear it!

Brando19
08-16-2008, 09:46 PM
Sucked tonight. Sure the OL didn't hold their own and they sucked ass...but Rodgers looked horrible. Rodgers should have had a TD, but DLee dropped an easy one and Driver dropped a pretty deep ball....but all in all Rodgers played bad.

BallHawk
08-16-2008, 09:47 PM
BRING BACK BRETT! HE THREW A TOUCHDOWN TONIGHT!

ND72
08-16-2008, 09:56 PM
it's amazing how much better a QB becomes with the OL does their job...or when WR's catch easy balls.

Lurker64
08-16-2008, 09:57 PM
Pretty much everybody looked bad tonight, I don't think anybody should pin it on ARod. Driver and Lee both had critical drops, the OL didn't block well, Jackson didn't run well, the defense petered out after the first quarter, etc.

Just a bad game, but it's preseason so it doesn't matter.

ND72
08-16-2008, 10:11 PM
Pretty much everybody looked bad tonight, I don't think anybody should pin it on ARod. Driver and Lee both had critical drops, the OL didn't block well, Jackson didn't run well, the defense petered out after the first quarter, etc.

bingo...and I wasn't saying that Rodgers didn't have his issues, cause he did...just the fact that we all looked crappy.

Pacopete4
08-16-2008, 11:15 PM
yawn... Brett looked sweet tonight.. thanks TT

cpk1994
08-16-2008, 11:19 PM

bingo...and I wasn't saying that Rodgers didn't have his issues, cause he did...just the fact that we all looked crappy.Except Ryan and Crosby.

Pacopete4
08-16-2008, 11:20 PM

bingo...and I wasn't saying that Rodgers didn't have his issues, cause he did...just the fact that we all looked crappy.Except Ryan and Crosby.

I guess MM and TT shoulda held their ground this off season for mediocrity

GBRulz
08-16-2008, 11:21 PM

and don't forgot Nelson, Lee and Woodson :wink:

Scott Campbell
08-16-2008, 11:22 PM

:lol:

Quitter.

cpk1994
08-16-2008, 11:24 PM

Quitter.Thats not the word I would use to describe him.

Scott Campbell
08-16-2008, 11:25 PM

Prematuregiverupper?

Pacopete4
08-16-2008, 11:25 PM

I'm not a quiter.. wish you actually knew me... I wish I was on board, I just cant be... I hope the Pack and Arod prove me to be an idiot... but, wow

Scott Campbell
08-16-2008, 11:26 PM
I hope the Pack and Arod prove me to be an idiot.

Wouldn't that be kind of redundant?

cpk1994
08-16-2008, 11:26 PM

I'm not a quiter.. wish you actually knew me... I wish I was on board, I just cant be... I hope the Pack and Arod prove me to be an idiot... but, wowThen go to a Jets forum. IF you can't support the pack get the hell out!

cpk1994
08-16-2008, 11:27 PM

Prematuregiverupper?No, douchebag.

Lurker64
08-16-2008, 11:41 PM

You should stop relying so much on others and take the initiative for yourself for once.

Scott Campbell
08-16-2008, 11:42 PM

You should stop relying so much on others and take the initiative for yourself for once.

I thought he had.

Partial
08-17-2008, 12:15 AM
This is a stupid thread.

Rodgers looked very skittish tonight. Downright unimpressive. I have to wonder if he throws a less catchable ball as our stellar receiving corps which historically has not had any issues with drops, has had a severe case of the dropsies since A-Rod took the helm.

This kind of play is somewhat expected and I'm not going to throw him under the bus. Better get it out of the way now before the season starts.

From what I can see, he does not have the poise or talent to read a defense that Favre has. His awareness, as expected, is significantly worse.

Chevelle2
08-17-2008, 12:19 AM
This is a stupid thread.

Rodgers looked very skittish tonight. Downright unimpressive. I have to wonder if he throws a less catchable ball as our stellar receiving corps which historically has not had any issues with drops, has had a severe case of the dropsies since A-Rod took the helm.

This kind of play is somewhat expected and I'm not going to throw him under the bus. Better get it out of the way now before the season starts.

From what I can see, he does not have the poise or talent to read a defense that Favre has. His awareness, as expected, is significantly worse.

Yeah, because you can definitely make a conclusion from 1 half of play in a preseason game.

esoxx
08-17-2008, 12:20 AM

Petty.

Freak Out
08-17-2008, 12:32 AM

Petty.

Um........forget it.

Partial
08-17-2008, 12:48 AM
This is a stupid thread.

Yeah, because you can definitely make a conclusion from 1 half of play in a preseason game.

Where exactly did I make a conclusion?

Reread what I said - twice.. Then comment.

Chevelle2
08-17-2008, 12:50 AM
This is a stupid thread.

Where exactly did I make a conclusion?

Reread what I said - twice.. Then comment.

I'm an English major going to law school. I read stuff.

he does not have the poise or talent

Not "I think he does not have the poise or talent" not, "he may not have the poise or talent" rather, straight up "he does not have the poise or talent"

Partial
08-17-2008, 12:51 AM
Taken out of context. You people are ruining the forum. Congrats on that. Some people try to be objective and fair. Others want to ruin the place. It's a shame.

Chevelle2
08-17-2008, 12:56 AM
Taken out of context. You people are ruining the forum. Congrats on that. Some people try to be objective and fair. Others want to ruin the place. It's a shame.

How did I take it out of context?

Go be a Jets fan.

Partial
08-17-2008, 12:59 AM
I'm not going to sit here and nit pick with you because its not worth my time, so stop ruining the game thread with your dumb bullshit.

Chevelle2
08-17-2008, 01:01 AM
I'm not going to sit here and nit pick with you because its not worth my time, so stop ruining the game thread with your dumb bullshit.

Translation: "you didn't take it out of context, I just have nothing else to say"

Partial
08-17-2008, 01:04 AM

Translation: "you didn't take it out of context, I just have nothing else to say"

Maybe you should go back to school for a few years. With that said, don't waste my fucking time. Please do not respond to my posts anymore out of respect. I do not wish to ever have any interaction with you. I hope you can be a man and respect that. In my mind, you're contributing nothing but negativity to this place that I love, and I do not wish for you to be a part of my experience here any longer.

Chevelle2
08-17-2008, 01:12 AM

Maybe you should go back to school for a few years. With that said, don't waste my fucking time. Please do not respond to my posts anymore out of respect. I do not wish to ever have any interaction with you. I hope you can be a man and respect that. In my mind, you're contributing nothing but negativity to this place that I love, and I do not wish for you to be a part of my experience here any longer.

Dont tell me where I can and cant post.

Merlin
08-17-2008, 02:10 AM
This is a stupid thread.

You mean kind of like concluding the guy is all world after an "ok" performance against Dallas? Or how about all of the kudos he got from the first pre-season game and the all-world talk after that? Look up the word "hypocrisy" and then get back to me.

Here is the problem:

1) You say anything that isn't a glowing review of Aaron Rodgers and you are tagged a hater.

2) You say anything nice about Favre and you instantly are tagged a traitor and told to go to the Jets forum.

Once again, go look up "hypocrisy" and get back to me. Bunch of candy asses can't get over the whole Favre thing and act like if you don't spooge all over Aaron Rodgers that you are some kind of non-fan. I support Aaron Rodgers. Was he the bet choice we had before Favre was traded? No, but he is the choice and true to being a Packer fan I hope he gets better and leads this team to the playoffs and beyond.

That being said:

Aaron Rodgers did everything he has always done tonight, hung onto the ball too long, not looked off his receivers, not read the defense, and jumped around way too much. Just because the rest of the team fell apart around him isn't anything unusual for the Packers, they do it in at least one game every year be it pre-season or regular season. I found it interesting that the announcers started to count when Flynn was in saying he didn't get rid of the ball fast enough, you sure didn't hear that same comment about Rodgers even though he did the same thing. They also need to look up the word "hypocrisy" This has nothing to do with "hating" Rodgers and everything to do with pointing out the glaring weaknesses he has that have not obviously improved on in 3 years going on 4. Obviously the Packers aren't going to comment on this type of stuff because he is our guy but you have to know they are concerned about it because face it, he hasn't improved in some pretty important areas since he got here. I am sure the 49er's did what they could to take away the running lanes on him and bring pressure even though it's pre-season. The old gentleman's rule of no blitzing in the pre-season went out the window years ago and teams are increasingly bringing all they have when their first teams are in there. You don't have to be a NFL coach to know how to stop his "edge" and the 49er's did just that. Disruption for a new starting QB is always the game plan. Let's hope Rodgers learns from this and works on those weaknesses so teams don't try to exploit them, and they will if he doesn't improve them. In case no one noticed, he didn't exactly jog off the field in a normal gate after the game. He is going to be sore and many more performances like that out of our Ted Thompson approved guard core and Rodgers will be on IR. The line sucked and bad. But that isn't anything any Packer fan hasn't noticed since 2005, the interior line needs to be set by pre-season so the line has time to gel. This will be the 4th season in a row that we have no idea who is starting inside, or if they aren't just going to go with the merry-go-round they have in the past three seasons. I said it before and I will say it again, your offensive line is the single most important factor in a successful offense. Favre made this line look good and for Rodgers to be successful without a solid line will be tough. I agree that it is hard to work on certain things when you are always on your back or running for your life. Fix the line and you will improve Rodgers 10 fold. But we could never do that, "we like our defensive direction". The guards will come back to haunt Thompson when they cost him his beloved first round QB and then ultimately his job because neither Brohm nor Flynn is reading to take this team over. I didn't like a lot of what I saw tonight and I am not so sure things are going to be "ok" some the start of the regular season. Rodgers may not get out of the pre-season they way this line blocked tonight, hell any QB including Favre. 6 sacks total? Give me a break, it's the friggin 49er's.

The Leaper
08-17-2008, 06:51 AM
Excellent post Merlin. You hit the nail on the head several times.

imscott72
08-17-2008, 08:05 AM
Yeah it was a good post and I'd just like to add that TT and MM are nutso if they think we don't need a veteran QB on the roster come week 1.

ND72
08-17-2008, 09:09 AM

how about you go to a Jets Fan Forum then? Get off the pitty-potty.

ND72
08-17-2008, 09:11 AM

lets see...16 year starter vs. newly appointed starter.......man, I am not sure how Favre could possibly be able to read defense better. what a total fuckin mind blow.

Scott Campbell
08-17-2008, 09:14 AM
This is a stupid thread.

You mean kind of like concluding the guy is all world after an "ok" performance against Dallas? Or how about all of the kudos he got from the first pre-season game and the all-world talk after that? Look up the word "hypocrisy" and then get back to me.

Here is the problem:

1) You say anything that isn't a glowing review of Aaron Rodgers and you are tagged a hater.

2) You say anything nice about Favre and you instantly are tagged a traitor and told to go to the Jets forum.

Once again, go look up "hypocrisy" and get back to me. Bunch of candy asses can't get over the whole Favre thing and act like if you don't spooge all over Aaron Rodgers that you are some kind of non-fan. I support Aaron Rodgers. Was he the bet choice we had before Favre was traded? No, but he is the choice and true to being a Packer fan I hope he gets better and leads this team to the playoffs and beyond.

That being said:

Aaron Rodgers did everything he has always done tonight, hung onto the ball too long, not looked off his receivers, not read the defense, and jumped around way too much. Just because the rest of the team fell apart around him isn't anything unusual for the Packers, they do it in at least one game every year be it pre-season or regular season. I found it interesting that the announcers started to count when Flynn was in saying he didn't get rid of the ball fast enough, you sure didn't hear that same comment about Rodgers even though he did the same thing. They also need to look up the word "hypocrisy" This has nothing to do with "hating" Rodgers and everything to do with pointing out the glaring weaknesses he has that have not obviously improved on in 3 years going on 4. Obviously the Packers aren't going to comment on this type of stuff because he is our guy but you have to know they are concerned about it because face it, he hasn't improved in some pretty important areas since he got here. I am sure the 49er's did what they could to take away the running lanes on him and bring pressure even though it's pre-season. The old gentleman's rule of no blitzing in the pre-season went out the window years ago and teams are increasingly bringing all they have when their first teams are in there. You don't have to be a NFL coach to know how to stop his "edge" and the 49er's did just that. Disruption for a new starting QB is always the game plan. Let's hope Rodgers learns from this and works on those weaknesses so teams don't try to exploit them, and they will if he doesn't improve them. In case no one noticed, he didn't exactly jog off the field in a normal gate after the game. He is going to be sore and many more performances like that out of our Ted Thompson approved guard core and Rodgers will be on IR. The line sucked and bad. But that isn't anything any Packer fan hasn't noticed since 2005, the interior line needs to be set by pre-season so the line has time to gel. This will be the 4th season in a row that we have no idea who is starting inside, or if they aren't just going to go with the merry-go-round they have in the past three seasons. I said it before and I will say it again, your offensive line is the single most important factor in a successful offense. Favre made this line look good and for Rodgers to be successful without a solid line will be tough. I agree that it is hard to work on certain things when you are always on your back or running for your life. Fix the line and you will improve Rodgers 10 fold. But we could never do that, "we like our defensive direction". The guards will come back to haunt Thompson when they cost him his beloved first round QB and then ultimately his job because neither Brohm nor Flynn is reading to take this team over. I didn't like a lot of what I saw tonight and I am not so sure things are going to be "ok" some the start of the regular season. Rodgers may not get out of the pre-season they way this line blocked tonight, hell any QB including Favre. 6 sacks total? Give me a break, it's the friggin 49er's.

I think Merlin's post after the "That being said:" comment was reasonable.

ND72
08-17-2008, 09:27 AM
while Rodgers was in, 16 passes, 4 runs. 1st & Goal from the 10, ZERO run attempts.

That's all I'm saying.

packerbacker1234
08-17-2008, 10:26 AM
Sucked tonight. Sure the OL didn't hold their own and they sucked ass...but Rodgers looked horrible. Rodgers should have had a TD, but DLee dropped an easy one and Driver dropped a pretty deep ball....but all in all Rodgers played bad.

D Lee - I agree, should of caught it. Was a tad high, but definitly not an excusable drop.

Driver dropped a "pretty" deep ball? Any deep ball, when you have the defense beat, that you have to dive to even have an attempt to catch it, is called an overthrown ball, nota pretty one unless it's tight coverage adn thats the only spot he can catch it. Driver was wide open,a nd arguablly if hit in stride, would of been a TD. It was overthrown. Driver made a good dive to even have a cahcne. Now, it's driver, he should of caught that, but that doesn't mean it was a good throw.

Say what you want about the O-Line,. but not much has changed in it from last year to this year. The difference is the man behind center not reacting. This is a read and react league, and Rodgers didn't do either. He looked at one guy, saw he was covered well, and that was that. He was thinking too much on who to go to next.

Interesting fact: In a science experiment with Ben Roethelsberger, it took him 1.52 seconds to take the snap, three step drop, make a decision, and throw the ball. Apparently, according to Big Ben, and what is commonly understood with QB coach's, is before the ball is snapped on offense the QB has already decided where the ball is going, and if the play isn't developed enough or he is covered right away, where he is going next without even thinking bout it. Rodgers didn't have that last night, and really didn't have that last week either. His WR's just bailed him out last week. That type of stuff wont happen for Rodgers every week, so he needs to get better at reaction times.

ND72
08-17-2008, 10:31 AM
Sucked tonight. Sure the OL didn't hold their own and they sucked ass...but Rodgers looked horrible. Rodgers should have had a TD, but DLee dropped an easy one and Driver dropped a pretty deep ball....but all in all Rodgers played bad.Say what you want about the O-Line,. but not much has changed in it from last year to this year. The difference is the man behind center not reacting. This is a read and react league, and Rodgers didn't do either. He looked at one guy, saw he was covered well, and that was that. He was thinking too much on who to go to next.

:lol: :lol: :lol: hold on, I need to catch my breath from laughing... :lol: :lol:

Have you been watching the OL? besides the fact we don't go with a 1st group and stick with them to help them grow together, only Clifton and Tauscher have been "up to standard" and even they have struggled. only difference is the man behind center....yeah, that was our ONLY problem last night. Send out the white flag, shut down the team for the season, we don't have the almight Brett Favre with us anymore.

Zool
08-17-2008, 10:39 AM
I have a question. What would people be saying if Brett never decided to unretire? Would it be doom and gloom, or would it be shrugged off as one crappy game? Perspective is everything I guess.

packerbacker1234
08-17-2008, 10:48 AM
I have a question. What would people be saying if Brett never decided to unretire? Would it be doom and gloom, or would it be shrugged off as one crappy game? Perspective is everything I guess.

I'de still say the same things, honestly.I've said the same things about Rodgers for a couple seasons now, not even knowing if brett would be back. I am not arguing that on the packers current roster, he isn't the best Option. He is, but your playing a what if game. It would different in that we WOULD be a bit more lenient, but the feeling would be the same. He's indecisive, etc. Everything I say would still stand.

I would just be less upset about, because we didn't have, at any point, a better option.

The difference is, in reality, we did, and TT got rid of that option and hence put unrealistic expectations on rodgers, who not only has to replace Brett, but be constantly compared to a supposed washed up QB who is playing on a new team, new system, new team mates, and "harder to get to the playoffs in" AFC. And, if favre does well there, even getting the jets to the playoffs, while rodgers flounders below .500 after a 13 - 3 season... it will be tough. Blame favre for coming back, or blame TT for saying what he did and getting rid of him. Either way, Rodgers has expectations that he can't reach.

In fact, someone told me the other day the only way this turns out as a win win is two scenarios: jets make the playoffs, Packers go to the super bowl. Jets make the super bowl, packers make the superbowl.

Both unlikely scenarios.

Partial
08-17-2008, 11:35 AM

lets see...16 year starter vs. newly appointed starter.......man, I am not sure how Favre could possibly be able to read defense better. what a total fuckin mind blow.

And thats exactly right.. but it is still an excuse. I'm in the win this year camp with our team. If they don't do that, the season is a failure. You don't go to the NFC championship and take the game down to the wire with the youngest team in the league then play for 3 years from now. I could not care less who the quarterback is as long as they win this year. Play Ruvell at it for all I care.

C'mon man, you are one of the best posters here. Don't get caught up in this bojive of defending one player or another. Especially making excuses after a miserable performance.

Bretsky
08-17-2008, 12:05 PM

we've had more time to judge Favre by and I found one of his strengths to be feeling when the rush was coming. Not sure that answers anything....but with 16 years we'd shrug it off more on the O while still acknowledging that this team will not be as good as last year's if the D does not improve

rbaloha1
08-17-2008, 12:48 PM
Unsure as to why AR is holding on to the ball longer than may be necessary.

Is it:
1. receivers not getting open
2. lack of chemistry
3. trying to always make the perfect pass as one of the Bengal dbs mentioned.
4. scared to make a mistake -- the antithesis of Favre.

AR clearly does not possess the anticipatory skills of Favre. Guys its going to be a roller coaster with AR but at the end of the day it will work out for the best.

channtheman
08-17-2008, 01:35 PM
Driver dropped a "pretty" deep ball? Any deep ball, when you have the defense beat, that you have to dive to even have an attempt to catch it, is called an overthrown ball, nota pretty one unless it's tight coverage adn thats the only spot he can catch it. Driver was wide open,a nd arguablly if hit in stride, would of been a TD. It was overthrown. Driver made a good dive to even have a cahcne. Now, it's driver, he should of caught that, but that doesn't mean it was a good throw.

Did you even see the play? Driver dove when he didn't have to and then short armed the pass. If Driver just keeps running and doesn't short arm the pass he catches it in stride and scores.

Driver did not make a good dive, he didn't even need to.