Isn't it still going on?

cpk1994
08-16-2008, 10:30 PM
Jarret Bush
Brandon Chilar
Jason Spitz
Brian Brohm

Additions and/or Deletions please.

Isn't it still going on?Based on whats happened thus far, it isn't a stretch to have this list.

Brando19
08-16-2008, 10:34 PM
Pretty damn stupid to have Brohm on their right now. He's still playing! He's 4 for 7 with 33 yrds as we speak...crazy.

Scott Campbell
08-16-2008, 10:41 PM

BallHawk
08-16-2008, 10:53 PM
Saying Bush was a disappointment is a major understatement. He was horrid.

boiga
08-16-2008, 11:10 PM
Agreed Bush stunk it up.

Jason Hunter also lost it with penalties, missed tackles and zero pressure on the passer.

If those two go, we'll be a better team for it.

Pacopete4
08-16-2008, 11:13 PM
how is Arod not on this list... 4 sacks? aahah did favre have that all season?

Brohm
08-16-2008, 11:33 PM
The whole game was a disappointment. There was a bowl of suck for everyone.

WTB a OL coach who believes in line continuity, this is going on 3 years of shit. We finally had something to build on and we go and swap the whole interior.

Maybe we can put a running game on lay-a-way while we are at it.

And some stick-um.

Harlan Huckleby
08-16-2008, 11:37 PM
The dissappointment award goes collectively to the offensive line.

And the first runner up is the defensive line.

If you compare the pressure that San FRan was applying EVERY damn play compared to the pack, it was like a pro team against a college team.

Chevelle2
08-16-2008, 11:39 PM

Favre would have thrown 4 jump balls - all picked off.

CaliforniaCheez
08-16-2008, 11:56 PM
McCarthy did not look competent.

The team wasn't ready to play, what the play calling was working on was a mystery, and lost a timeout by challenging a perfectly good play.

Several players earned their pink slips this night.

FritzDontBlitz
08-17-2008, 12:05 AM

Getting a little carried away aren't we?

I wasn't able to watch the game. Was there a lot of blitzing when A-Rod was in? I noticed Cincy didn't blitz at all and A-Rod played fine.

pasquale
08-17-2008, 12:09 AM
they didn't need to blitz...our OL was caught with their pants around their ankles :evil:

Gunakor
08-17-2008, 12:14 AM

Getting a little carried away aren't we?

I wasn't able to watch the game. Was there a lot of blitzing when A-Rod was in? I noticed Cincy didn't blitz at all and A-Rod played fine.

There was blitzing, but it had alot to do with horrid play on the line. Not saying that Rodgers doesn't share in the blame, but he was kinda given a tough hand to play tonight. The offensive line did not come to play. The rush was more often coming up the middle than off of the ends, so Rodgers should have been able to roll out of the box and extend the play - that's where the blame on Rodgers lies. But the interior line has to do better.

IMO if MM had run a more balanced offense then Rodgers wouldn't have had to deal with as much pressure. MM shares in the blame too. Same as in the NFCC, he should have run the ball more.

Brohm
08-17-2008, 01:35 AM
From JSO article:

"God, is he bad," another scout said after watching Bush for 60 minutes.

Wow :shock: I hope Sanders saw what he needed to see.....

pbmax
08-17-2008, 08:08 AM
Colin Cole. He cannot hold the point. I don't trust any D Tackle rotation he is a part of. He puts up a fight, but always goes backwards and when single blocked he rarely gets the hole squeezed.

RashanGary
08-17-2008, 08:37 AM
Why are we forcing our OL to play 3 or 4 positions? Why not stick to two positions where guys can acctually play well rather than forcing them to constantly switch their footwork. They got beat down and the coaching staff put them in position to fail IMO.

Aaron Rodgers looked awful. He was indecisive and a second late with everything. Was SF really that confusing? I'm not an expert at reading defense, but did they line up and show one coverage and then completely confuse him after the snap? He has to unload the fuckign ball. Get to the fucking line, figure you where the best place to go is by the defense or switch to a fuckign run. I'm really disappointed in his play. I really didn't expect him to look this bad and it's not anyone elses fault.

Donald Driver - Run through deep balls. Why the fuck would you leave your feet? It's WR 101 that you run through those passes.

Donald Lee - That TD was gift wrapped. Why the hell were you jumping around when the defender was 2 steps behind you and the ball was put right on your hands.

Jarrett Bush - You are the weakest link, goodbye.

Mike McCarthy - You mind running the ball at least a couple times?

Nick Barnett - Why the fuck are you going for a guys upper body when you had an easy tackle by just going low and wrapping up.

STs- How inconsistant do you get? That was just pathetic. You had one good play to follow it up with an aboslute shit play.

Will Blackmon - YOu are shit on defense, you better start doing something on ST's or you're completely useless.

Entire DL - Pathetic

Jordy Nelson - Thanks for kicking ass on ST's. Anyone who compares you to Joe Jurevicious is nuts. Your skills with the ball in your hand and abilty to change direction is awsome, especially for your size and strength.

Tramon Williams - Another good showing. Another step to starting NFL CB.

Jon Ryan - Nice bounce back

Mason Crosby - Money

God that game was bad. I feel worse now than when we lost the Giants game. When we lost the Giants game I saw it coming. The defense was starting to get shredded as the year went on and Jolly was out. I knew we were screwed. Losing was just the final touches to the last 2 months of downward spiral. This is a new season and now we get this. Fuck you, Mike McCArthy. Honestly, his arrogance is was obvious. Get back to the fucking fundementals and stop acting like your OL are all pros that don't need to focus on their psoitions and can instead spend their days playing the other 4 line positions just for shits and giggles.

SkinBasket
08-17-2008, 08:39 AM
The fact Poppinga is still overrunning plays and crashing into the backs of his own players on blitzes despite being paid much more to do so than he was last season.

RashanGary
08-17-2008, 08:43 AM
The Packers are incredibly arrogant as an organization. They need to come back to earth and focus on the basics.

Also, quit talking about top 3 defenses when you have middle of the pack DL talent. For the 3rd time, your OL is not 5 all pros. They acctually have to practice their position every day if they want to not get killed. And please, splash in a couple fucking runs next game.

RashanGary
08-17-2008, 08:46 AM
I thought Rodgers would be good. I thought McCarthy was a realistic, relatively humble person and he made a decision based on how good Rodgers is.

Now I think McCArthy might be an arrogant ass bag letting his money and fame go to his head. The team he trotted out there, starting with the QB was just pathetic. Get a fucking grip.

RashanGary
08-17-2008, 08:47 AM
OK, I feel better now. Hopefully it gets fixed next week and they get back to the basics, but that game made me sick. What a shitty way to start the season.

LL2
08-17-2008, 08:52 AM
The Packers are incredibly arrogant as an organization. They need to come back to earth and focus on the basics.

Also, quit talking about top 3 defenses when you have middle of the pack DL talent. For the 3rd time, your OL is not 5 all pros. They acctually have to practice their position every day if they want to not get killed. And please, splash in a couple fucking runs next game.

Are you the one that is still bitter about Fvare being traded?

RashanGary
08-17-2008, 08:54 AM
Are you the one that is still bitter about Fvare being traded?

:lol:

No. But if this is what we get from Rodgers all year, they deserve to be fired.

RashanGary
08-17-2008, 08:56 AM
Aaron Rodgers, "I probably held the ball too long"

Really, Aaron. You think you might have held the ball too long? What makes you say that?

Bretsky
08-17-2008, 10:38 AM
Why are we forcing our OL to play 3 or 4 positions? Why not stick to two positions where guys can acctually play well rather than forcing them to constantly switch their footwork. They got beat down and the coaching staff put them in position to fail IMO.

Aaron Rodgers looked awful. He was indecisive and a second late with everything. Was SF really that confusing? I'm not an expert at reading defense, but did they line up and show one coverage and then completely confuse him after the snap? He has to unload the fuckign ball. Get to the fucking line, figure you where the best place to go is by the defense or switch to a fuckign run. I'm really disappointed in his play. I really didn't expect him to look this bad and it's not anyone elses fault.

Donald Driver - Run through deep balls. Why the fuck would you leave your feet? It's WR 101 that you run through those passes.

Donald Lee - That TD was gift wrapped. Why the hell were you jumping around when the defender was 2 steps behind you and the ball was put right on your hands.

Jarrett Bush - You are the weakest link, goodbye.

Mike McCarthy - You mind running the ball at least a couple times?

Nick Barnett - Why the fuck are you going for a guys upper body when you had an easy tackle by just going low and wrapping up.

STs- How inconsistant do you get? That was just pathetic. You had one good play to follow it up with an aboslute shit play.

Will Blackmon - YOu are shit on defense, you better start doing something on ST's or you're completely useless.

Entire DL - Pathetic

Jordy Nelson - Thanks for kicking ass on ST's. Anyone who compares you to Joe Jurevicious is nuts. Your skills with the ball in your hand and abilty to change direction is awsome, especially for your size and strength.

Tramon Williams - Another good showing. Another step to starting NFL CB.

Jon Ryan - Nice bounce back

Mason Crosby - Money

God that game was bad. I feel worse now than when we lost the Giants game. When we lost the Giants game I saw it coming. The defense was starting to get shredded as the year went on and Jolly was out. I knew we were screwed. Losing was just the final touches to the last 2 months of downward spiral. This is a new season and now we get this. Fuck you, Mike McCArthy. Honestly, his arrogance is was obvious. Get back to the fucking fundementals and stop acting like your OL are all pros that don't need to focus on their psoitions and can instead spend their days playing the other 4 line positions just for shits and giggles.

Hey JH, just wanted to thank you for the good post. I didn't get to see any of the game so I'm very appreciative of posts this detailed about multiple players. I took the family to a show called "Medieval Times".

imscott72
08-17-2008, 10:58 AM
Saying Bush was a disappointment is a major understatement. He was horrid.

If this tool makes the team this year he's got naked pics of MM's wife or daughter somewhere. He was awful all of last year and he's still awful this year. He's not even borderline.

packerbacker1234
08-17-2008, 11:03 AM
On the Bright Side - I've been impressed with Pat Lee. Looking pretty solid out there so far this preseason.

digitaldean
08-17-2008, 11:36 AM
The fact Poppinga is still overrunning plays and crashing into the backs of his own players on blitzes despite being paid much more to do so than he was last season.

Agreed. He overran Foster on a blitz that should have been a 5-6 yard loss. Only LBs that played worth a darn last night were Barnett and Hodge.

Hunter has signed his plane ticket out of town. (TWO personal foul facemasks!!)

Iron Mike
08-17-2008, 12:03 PM
OK, I feel better now. Hopefully it gets fixed next week and they get back to the basics, but that game made me sick. What a shitty way to start the season.

Ummmm........I don't know if you're aware of this, but the season doesn't start until September 8th. :roll:

Freak Out
08-17-2008, 12:32 PM

:lol: This place just keeps getting funnier by the day.

Freak Out
08-17-2008, 12:36 PM

Agreed. He overran Foster on a blitz that should have been a 5-6 yard loss. Only LBs that played worth a darn last night were Barnett and Hodge.

Hunter has signed his plane ticket out of town. (TWO personal foul facemasks!!)

Watching the highlights (many more lowlights) Lee made a big hit to break up a pass...but that was all I noticed of him. Did he have a good night overall? Of course Collins got burned......I loved the Nelson runback. Where the fuck was the running game? Farther down the coast?

Brohm
08-17-2008, 01:09 PM
As bad as they looked, they were thrown a ton of looks by SF. Which in turn will give the coaches plenty to work with on Monday. The more they see now trhe less surprised they will be come the regular season.

Gunakor
08-17-2008, 01:18 PM

The preseason started on Monday, with the first team leaving the game ahead 10-0.

The regular season doesn't start for a couple weeks yet.

If our WR's make those easy catches, the game is no worse than 14-10 at halftime.

The Niners used a 3-4 defense, something we typically don't practice against. Especially in the preseason when teams don't generally gameplan for opponents.

Our first team defense has not allowed a single point yet this preseason.

WE'LL BE FINE!!

RashanGary
08-17-2008, 01:23 PM
There are some things that are scary though. When Rodgers consistantly drops back and has no clue where to go with the ball there is a big red flag. I'm very concerned right now. I was assuming MM knew what the was doing when he chose Rodgers over Favre. I was assuming Rodgers was ready and knew what to do. Now, however, I'm not so sure. A guy how knows what he's doing drops back and lets the ball go. Rodgers rarely threw a pass in rythym. Maybe it was something SF was doing, but if SF can get our offense this out of rythym I'm concerned. Hopefully there is a simple explaination that will be solved next week but when you see a guy that unsure and that clueless in his 4th year it's definitly a concern.

Iron Mike
08-17-2008, 01:56 PM
When you see a guy that unsure and that clueless in his 4th year it's definitely a concern.

Now you have some idea what it's like to be a Bears fan. :twisted:

pbmax
08-17-2008, 02:11 PM
I know you were writing this while upset, but who played 4 positions?

And while I am here, who played three? Wells, Tauscher and Clifton did not move. Spitz at RG and center. Colledge at RG and LT. Sitton on RG. Moll at RT and RG. Barbre at LG. Coston at C.

That leaves Ryan Keenan, Breno Giacomini, Ryan Considine and Orrin Thompson as the players you saw play 3 or 4 positions.

This happens every camp. You cannot often keep you 9 or 10 best O lineman and have two complete and non-overlapping sets. Some guys need to play two places.

The more logical position is the coaching staff thinks Sitton is better than the fifth best guy last year. That means improvement overall. It also means someone might have to get used to a new position (Spitz).

Gunakor
08-17-2008, 02:57 PM
There are some things that are scary though. When Rodgers consistantly drops back and has no clue where to go with the ball there is a big red flag. I'm very concerned right now. I was assuming MM knew what the was doing when he chose Rodgers over Favre. I was assuming Rodgers was ready and knew what to do. Now, however, I'm not so sure. A guy how knows what he's doing drops back and lets the ball go. Rodgers rarely threw a pass in rythym. Maybe it was something SF was doing, but if SF can get our offense this out of rythym I'm concerned. Hopefully there is a simple explaination that will be solved next week but when you see a guy that unsure and that clueless in his 4th year it's definitly a concern.

I'm absolutely positive that the confusion was mostly due to San Fransisco's 3-4 defense. The Packers don't play a 3-4, so they aren't seeing that every day in practice. For regular season games you would gameplan against that defense, but in the preseason not so much time is spent on that. It's a much more difficult read when you aren't used to seeing it.

SkinBasket
08-17-2008, 08:25 PM

Well aren't you just the most dramaticly overreacting mother humper around?

cpk1994
08-17-2008, 10:44 PM

Well aren't you just the most dramaticly overreacting mother humper around?Merlin is a close second. Check out his posts in the game thread for reference.