PDA

View Full Version : Curse of the Titan of Touchdown

Partial
08-17-2008, 12:23 AM
Last year after the Atari Bigby show and his crazy wildman, hurdling blitzes in Seattle I began to get the feeling that we would be a damn good team.

This year, after the tormenting and terrible treatment of the titan of touchdown, our team looks like 8-8 isn't even within reach.

Is it possible that we're cursed?!? Maybe its my fault for not spending 3 weeks in florida to end the summer! :lol:

cheesner
08-17-2008, 12:29 AM
Last year after the Atari Bigby show and his crazy wildman, hurdling blitzes in Seattle I began to get the feeling that we would be a damn good team.

This year, after the tormenting and terrible treatment of the titan of touchdown, our team looks like 8-8 isn't even within reach.

Is it possible that we're cursed?!? Maybe its my fault for not spending 3 weeks in florida to end the summer! :lol:

Read some posts from this time last year.

Many here were predicting 4-12.

It was only 1 preseason game. Get some perspective.

FritzDontBlitz
08-17-2008, 12:32 AM
Maybe the Madden curse decided to afflict the entire team since the player isn't there anymore?

OK, that was a joke. I personally don't believe in such things. I do wonder if having Brett around masked a few team deficiencies, though. I was bitching about the shoddy interior line play all last season, apparently they still haven't fixed that.

oregonpackfan
Keep in mind that McCarthy held out a number of starters for the game.

Gunakor

They had one good preseason game and one bad one. Remember the first team left the game with GB ahead 10-0 on Monday. Defense hadn't even allowed a first down. Then they play today, on the road, with short rest due to a short week - and they played like it. No, I don't think we're cursed.

I think we have things to work on and we'll be okay. I think James Campen needs to pick who is going to start on his line and where, and keep it that way so they can get a little bit of continuity. I think Rodgers needs to work on rolling out of the pocket when the rush plows through the middle of our line. I think the WR's need to work on holding onto the damn ball. I think MM needs to work on keeping the play calling balanced. But I think all of these things can be easily corrected and we should be fine.

Chevelle2
08-17-2008, 12:33 AM

They had one good preseason game and one bad one. Remember the first team left the game with GB ahead 10-0 on Monday. Defense hadn't even allowed a first down. Then they play today, on the road, with short rest due to a short week - and they played like it. No, I don't think we're cursed.

I think we have things to work on and we'll be okay. I think James Campen needs to pick who is going to start on his line and where, and keep it that way so they can get a little bit of continuity. I think Rodgers needs to work on rolling out of the pocket when the rush plows through the middle of our line. I think the WR's need to work on holding onto the damn ball. I think MM needs to work on keeping the play calling balanced. But I think all of these things can be easily corrected and we should be fine.

Stop bringing logic and coherence to this forum, jackass.

Gunakor
08-17-2008, 12:34 AM

Sorry, my bad :oops:

Chevelle2
08-17-2008, 12:37 AM

Sorry, my bad :oops:

What the hell do you think we are? A 13-3 team or something?

:wink:

Partial
08-17-2008, 12:45 AM

My perspective is just fine thanks. Please pull up said posts. I find that pretty hard to believe, especially after the strong 4-0 finish in 06.

3irty1
08-17-2008, 05:41 AM

My perspective is just fine thanks. Please pull up said posts. I find that pretty hard to believe, especially after the strong 4-0 finish in 06.

I remember a lot of people saying 6-10.

BallHawk
08-17-2008, 10:07 AM
How many kneejerk reaction threads can one forum have?

Partial
08-17-2008, 11:40 AM
How many kneejerk reaction threads can one forum have?

There isn't a knee-jerk here. Merely a comparison between the week 2 ps (most important week) performances this year and last year, and listing a curse as a potential reason why :lol:

The sultan of swap cursed beantown. Perhaps the titan of touchdown cursed titletown?

Scott Campbell
08-17-2008, 11:46 AM
The sultan of swap cursed beantown. Perhaps the titan of touchdown cursed titletown?

You do realize that Ruth was like 25 years old when that went down?

Pacopete4
08-17-2008, 11:54 AM

Favre still plays like he's 25, so I can see the point to some extent..

Scott Campbell
08-17-2008, 11:56 AM

Sure he does. :bs:

Though in some respects, he still acts like he's 11.

Zool
08-17-2008, 01:59 PM
Sultan of swap? Is that Babes brother Bob the used car salesman?

Gunakor
08-17-2008, 02:37 PM

Sure he does... Wait a minute, NO HE DOESN'T. He plays like a wily 16 year veteran. He makes plays with his knowledge of the game, not his athleticism. In what way does he play like he's 25?

Lurker64
08-17-2008, 02:40 PM
week 2 ps (most important week) performances

Actually, the third preseason game is widely considered to be the most important, since it's the "dress rehearsal for the regular season," since the last preseason game is set aside almost entirely for evaluating the guys who may or may not make the roster.

Pacopete4
08-17-2008, 03:02 PM

Sure he does... Wait a minute, NO HE DOESN'T. He plays like a wily 16 year veteran. He makes plays with his knowledge of the game, not his athleticism. In what way does he play like he's 25?

The way he moves around in the pocket is not athletic? Just because he's not some guy that goes through one read of the defense and takes off for 5 yards, doesn't mean that he's not being athletic... I saw many plays last year where he kept plays alive with his legs giving more time for someone to get open... he's just more smooth about it at 16 years into it than he was at 4 years

Gunakor
08-17-2008, 03:09 PM

The way he moves around in the pocket is not athletic? Just because he's not some guy that goes through one read of the defense and takes off for 5 yards, doesn't mean that he's not being athletic... I saw many plays last year where he kept plays alive with his legs giving more time for someone to get open... he's just more smooth about it at 16 years into it than he was at 4 years

He takes one or two steps in the pocket.... No I don't call that athletic. He feels the pressure and takes one step at just the right moment to avoid the sack. Watch him again. That's due to experience, not athleticism. He played like a 25 year old when he was 25, where he'd run 20 yards trying to get away from guys. Now he just takes one or two steps.

Scott Campbell
08-17-2008, 05:01 PM
Athletic in the pocket? Nah. That's been gone from his game for a long, long time.

I'd say he's slippery, and has excellent pocket awareness.

Partial
12-08-2008, 12:42 AM
Bump.