Chevelle2
08-17-2008, 08:51 AM
http://www2.jsonline.com/packer/arc/0828/game824.html

Yellow streak: Penalty-plagued Packers pummeled, 30-6

Aug. 24, 1996

Its happened before fellas, calm down.

LL2
08-17-2008, 08:55 AM
Yes, might as well get those stinkers in before the season starts and the games count. It's good to have all the warts exposed now, so the team has time to correct them.

I didn't watch the game, but why in the world would M3 only run the ball 4 times?

RashanGary
08-17-2008, 09:04 AM
Maybe it will get better, but this coaching staff definitly needed a little humility. They have the powder puff practice thing going. Anyone with an injury, even as slight as a strained ego, is sitting on the bench. Olineman who can barely play their position are playinig 3-4 positions.

That was just bad. Hopefully it gets a lot better.

cpk1994
08-17-2008, 09:37 AM
Yes, might as well get those stinkers in before the season starts and the games count. It's good to have all the warts exposed now, so the team has time to correct them.

I didn't watch the game, but why in the world would M3 only run the ball 4 times?Thats the $64,000 question.

TravisWilliams23
08-17-2008, 09:48 AM
Trying to look at any positives from the game:

Mason Crosby's kicking. Kickoffs are long and high and he seems to be hitting the field goals more dead center this year.

Special teams coverage on kickoffs and punts.

Starting defense is good.

Other than that - piss poor effort from backups and coaching staff.

ND72
08-17-2008, 10:01 AM
Just thought all of you should take into a count of GB's week...

Monday Night - Game.

Tuesday - Films, meetings, & workouts

Wednesday - Night Pracitce

Thursday - Morning Practice day

Friday - Morning indoor practice, fly out to SF

Saturday - Game night - start time 8pm our time, done 11pm our time.

I don't care if you think a short week is an excuse, that is damn hard to do.

I'm not concerned in the least. I'll be more concerned after next weeks game, after a full practice week, and a longer stint with the #1's.

MJZiggy
08-17-2008, 10:13 AM

I didn't watch the game, but why in the world would M3 only run the ball 4 times?Thats the $64,000 question.

Cause we need to work on our passing game more? I didn't see the game but from what I hear, we have a case of the drops and protection issues to work out. Remember, we're not actually trying to WIN these games...

Bretsky
08-17-2008, 10:48 AM

Cause we need to work on our passing game more? I didn't see the game but from what I hear, we have a case of the drops and protection issues to work out. Remember, we're not actually trying to WIN these games...

From highlights I've seen there are two things GB needs to get accross

Figure out who the dam OL starters are and get them working and improving as a group
Aaron Rodgers needs to be more decisive sooner

Partial
08-17-2008, 11:38 AM
Maybe it will get better, but this coaching staff definitly needed a little humility. They have the powder puff practice thing going. Anyone with an injury, even as slight as a strained ego, is sitting on the bench. Olineman who can barely play their position are playinig 3-4 positions.

I agree. MM has lightened the practice schedule each of the past 3 years.

Pacopete4
08-17-2008, 11:55 AM

And all it seems to be doing is racking up the injury list...

Brohm
08-17-2008, 01:25 PM
MM's always been extra cautious with the pre-season injuries. If trhis was a real game, I would bet most would have suited up.

pbmax
08-17-2008, 01:47 PM
Were they supposed to pick the starters while Wells was hurt last week? Do you think Clifton/Spitz/Wells/Sitton/Tauscher was a jazz improvisation rather than their current pick of starting lineman?

From highlights I've seen there are two things GB needs to get accross

Figure out who the dam OL starters are and get them working and improving as a group

pbmax
08-17-2008, 01:55 PM
Oh the wonders of short memories and even smaller data samples. McCarthy's teams have had fewer than usual injuries, both in Training Camp with pulls and strains to leg muscles and in major injuries to starters in the Reg season. McGinn has pointed this out dozens of times.

Lo and behold it seems like things are balancing out this year. So perhaps McCarthy and Rock Cartwright are not gifted failth healers with Free Weights, but doing the best they can. McCarthy's schedule for camp is not lighter than last year, its the same setup of 2 practices then 1, with some vets getting a morning practice off.

What has changed this camp was the late starting date for the first preseason game and this short week. And the fact that they are 5-9 bodies short of last years body count. Maybe that might help explain the increased number of injuries due to fatigue.

And all it seems to be doing is racking up the injury list...

pbmax
08-17-2008, 01:57 PM
There is nothing extra cautious about this approach. This is the standard operating procedure of every team in the league.

MM's always been extra cautious with the pre-season injuries. If trhis was a real game, I would bet most would have suited up.

pbmax
08-17-2008, 02:30 PM
No he hasn't. He did eliminate old morning/afternoon two a days last year and the overall number of practices did decline. He also had a great year avoiding injury.I think I remember the team going 13-3.

This year is the same schedule but with almost one week less to practice due to the late date of the first preseason date. He also had near full participation in the offseason conditioning program.

cpk1994
08-17-2008, 02:57 PM

Cause we need to work on our passing game more? I didn't see the game but from what I hear, we have a case of the drops and protection issues to work out. Remember, we're not actually trying to WIN these games...So are you telling me the running game doesn't need work? If you are, I have some swampland in New Jersey to sell you.

mission
08-17-2008, 02:59 PM

Cause we need to work on our passing game more? I didn't see the game but from what I hear, we have a case of the drops and protection issues to work out. Remember, we're not actually trying to WIN these games...So are you telling me the running game doesn't need work? If you are, I have some swampland in New Jersey to sell you.

Right behind Brett's house even!!! OMG!

Scott Campbell
08-17-2008, 05:03 PM
There is nothing extra cautious about this approach. This is the standard operating procedure of every team in the league.

I'm having a flashback to Vick being lost for the season because of an injury in a pre-season game.

FritzDontBlitz
08-17-2008, 05:25 PM
http://www2.jsonline.com/packer/arc/0828/game824.html

Yellow streak: Penalty-plagued Packers pummeled, 30-6

Aug. 24, 1996

Its happened before fellas, calm down.

That was the 4th exhibition game of the season, not the second. By the time the last exhibition game rolls around each preseason the starters are usually gone after the first series. I wouldn't advise anyone to take solace in what happened back then.