PDA

View Full Version : Update : Tarvaris Jackson suffered a sprained MCL

packers11
08-17-2008, 01:32 PM
Profootballtalk.com reports that Tarvaris Jackson suffered a sprained MCL in the Vikings' preseason game Saturday night.

Jackson played through the injury for a few snaps Saturday before having to exit. The 25-year-old passer has been effective in the preseason, but he's had knee problems before so this is a concern. Jackson shouldn't need surgery, but it remains to be seen when he'll be back in action.

Source: Profootballtalk.com

packers11
08-17-2008, 01:33 PM
I wounder if Culpepper could be reunited with the Queens... I don't think T-Jack's will miss any regular season time, but you never know with knee injuries...

RashanGary
08-17-2008, 01:35 PM
I wounder if Culpepper could be reunited with the Queens... I don't think T-Jack's will miss any regular season time, but you never know with knee injuries...

I don't want to say never, but I really don't think they have a very high opinion of culpecker, the person.

Rastak
08-17-2008, 01:36 PM
Here's the actual story:

TARVARIS HAS SPRAINED MCL
Posted by Mike Florio on August 17, 2008, 1:32 p.m.
Vikings quarterback Tarvaris Jackson has been diagnosed with a sprained MCL in his knee, a league source tells us.

Jackson injured the knee while being tackled during Saturday night’s game against the Ravens.

He is expected to be able to return for the team’s final preseason game. Already, he’s riding a stationary bike at the team’s facility.

Jackson was 8-4 a year ago as a starter. With defenses focused on running backs Adrian Peterson and Chester Taylor, Jackson will be expected to get the ball to open receivers this year.

packers11
08-17-2008, 01:38 PM
Yea, I figured it was nothing serious...

I took the thing from www.rotoworld.com so it didn't say when he would be back... Thanks for clearing it up.

Its always sad to see starters go down in preseason... (vick a couple years ago)...

sheepshead
08-17-2008, 01:53 PM
If they were smart, theyd work out a deal for Grossman

Freak Out
08-17-2008, 02:33 PM
Do we need Tavaris Jackson updates? In a way I guess we do....makes us feel a little better about the MNF opener knowing he'll probably be starting.
:lol:

mission
08-17-2008, 02:43 PM
Is this an official threaD? :lol: :lol:

Hey, so this isn't a serious injury but it's kind of a "mind fucker" ... i suffered one of these my sophomore year in high school and while i was only a starter on JV and only missed 3-4 days of practice, it was kinda "tender" the whole year and always kind of stayed in my head while i was dropping back, making a quick cut on an option and all of that ... i think it caused me to think and play a bit slower really.

I think most of that was just me, but really... this is kinda like breaking your wrist and then being told it's fully healed. yeah, im sure it is but man, everytime you try and push open a door, you tend to go with the opposite hand ... anything we can get him thinking about during a play is good enough for me.

imscott72
08-17-2008, 02:46 PM
Glad he's ok, but you have to wonder how this will affect his running being his mobility is such a big part of his game..

Lurker64
08-17-2008, 02:59 PM
Glad he's ok, but you have to wonder how this will affect his running being his mobility is such a big part of his game..

I'm not sure it is really so much of his game. Tarvaris Jackson was not a running QB in college and hasn't been a running QB in the NFL. He scrambles when under pressure, but he's one of those guys who always looks to throw first. He's not Vick or Culpepper.

mission
08-17-2008, 02:59 PM

I'm not sure it is really so much of his game. Tavaris Jackson was not a running QB in college and hasn't been a running QB in the NFL. He scrambles when under pressure, but he's one of those guys who always looks to throw first. He's not Vick or Culpepper.

That's bullshit. He's black. Come on.

imscott72
08-17-2008, 03:06 PM

I'm not sure it is really so much of his game. Tarvaris Jackson was not a running QB in college and hasn't been a running QB in the NFL. He scrambles when under pressure, but he's one of those guys who always looks to throw first. He's not Vick or Culpepper.

I don't mean he's Vick like, but he's a lot more mobile than the average QB.