PDA

View Full Version : FIRE TED (INFAMY) THOMPSON...

MOBB DEEP
08-18-2008, 10:20 AM
...IMMEDIATELY if not sooner!!!

rbaloha1
08-18-2008, 10:21 AM
Absolutely Ridiculous!

Provide some legitimate reasons.

billy_oliver880
08-18-2008, 10:23 AM
Ya!!! I hate it when the packers have a winning season! Off with his head!

MOBB DEEP
08-18-2008, 10:26 AM
Absolutely Ridiculous!

i know that wasnt profound but just wait til week 5 and folks will chime in (im just able to forcast it now that aaron will be subpar...)

and i gurantee the players arent confident in fragile aaron, whining about fans support, etc

like he'll do with the jets #4 makes players take their game to another level

i wish i were wrong but just wait and see. MOST players couldnt handle the pressur of following favre. what makes TT, etc think this cat can (Cal QBs are ALWAYS overrated as far as i can remember..)

cpk1994
08-18-2008, 10:59 AM
MOST players couldnt handle the pressur of following favre. what makes TT, etc think this cat can (Cal QBs are ALWAYS overrated as far as i can remember..)THis is a rediculous statement. Only one person can follow Favre so how can yoiu even know if players can handle the pressure? You don't. Therefore, thats BS.

Spaulding
08-18-2008, 11:00 AM
What's the point of this post other than to start another thread? Where's lawyer joe as I'd like to sue for the two minutes I'll never get back from having been weak willed and bought into reading this thread.

BallHawk
08-18-2008, 11:29 AM
Strange, my address bar says PackerRats, but I could swear I'm at JSO.

This stuff is just crap. What the hell is the point of this?

cpk1994
08-18-2008, 11:44 AM

This stuff is just crap. What the hell is the point of this?Good question, Wish I had the answer.

Lurker64
08-18-2008, 12:00 PM

This stuff is just crap. What the hell is the point of this?

Yes less of this please.

SMACKTALKIE
08-18-2008, 12:32 PM
I love T. Thompson. Keep him in the Packers organization forever.

Gunakor
08-18-2008, 12:45 PM
Unbelievable. The Packers have one bad game, against a defense that many of these players haven't really seen before, and people are already calling for TT's head. Newsflash guys, it's the preseason. It doesn't matter what the score is. They are for evaluation only. They don't count.

/begin sarcasm

Yeah, fire TT. Fire him for thinking proactively and drafting a good QB in the first round of the draft, then grooming him for 3 years before making him the starter. Christ, he should have just waited until NEXT year to draft our new QB and threw him into the fire right away. What the hell was he thinking?

Fire TT for turning a weakness into a strength at both the CB and LB positions. I'd much rather have to score 35 points to win a game than only 21. High scoring games are much more entertaining, aren't they?

Fire TT damnit! He found us a talented starting caliber RB and only had to give up a 6th round draft pick for him! I can't think of a worse trade in the history of the NFL! This is obsurd!

What about all of the weapons you've drafted for your new QB? All those talented recievers on one roster simply cannot be a good thing. We're doomed. TT will go down in history as the guy who ruined the franchise by bringing in too much talent at too many positions. What is wrong with him?!

/end sarcasm

:roll:

cpk1994
08-18-2008, 12:50 PM
Unbelievable. The Packers have one bad game, against a defense that many of these players haven't really seen before, and people are already calling for TT's head. Newsflash guys, it's the preseason. It doesn't matter what the score is. They are for evaluation only. They don't count.

/begin sarcasm

Yeah, fire TT. Fire him for thinking proactively and drafting a good QB in the first round of the draft, then grooming him for 3 years before making him the starter. Christ, he should have just waited until NEXT year to draft our new QB and threw him into the fire right away. What the hell was he thinking?

Fire TT for turning a weakness into a strength at both the CB and LB positions. I'd much rather have to score 35 points to win a game than only 21. High scoring games are much more entertaining, aren't they?

Fire TT damnit! He found us a talented starting caliber RB and only had to give up a 6th round draft pick for him! I can't think of a worse trade in the history of the NFL! This is obsurd!

What about all of the weapons you've drafted for your new QB? All those talented recievers on one roster simply cannot be a good thing. We're doomed. TT will go down in history as the guy who ruined the franchise by bringing in too much talent at too many positions. What is wrong with him?!

/end sarcasm

:roll:Umm only one poster is calling for TT's head and it ain't becuase of the game.

bobblehead
08-18-2008, 12:58 PM

I think this is a very well thought out start to a thread, I encourage you to more like this without the pointless idiocy that some people use....excellent post and critical thinking skills...bravo!!!

Gunakor
08-18-2008, 01:02 PM

/begin sarcasm

/end sarcasm

:roll:Umm only one poster is calling for TT's head and it ain't becuase of the game.

Neither was my post... It was about alot of things that happened prior to the game, including the Favre/Rodgers thing. Read closer.

Now, do you think he'd have even bothered to start this thread in the first place had the Packers won that game 34-6 instead of lost it 34-6? That's where this game applies. His feelings might not be because of the game, but the THREAD certainly is.

Oscar
08-18-2008, 01:03 PM
IMHO.. The best response to a thread like this is no response.. Just let it slip quietly into the PR archives never to be seen again...lol

cpk1994
08-18-2008, 01:52 PM

/begin sarcasm

/end sarcasm

Neither was my post... It was about alot of things that happened prior to the game, including the Favre/Rodgers thing. Read closer.

Now, do you think he'd have even bothered to start this thread in the first place had the Packers won that game 34-6 instead of lost it 34-6? That's where this game applies. His feelings might not be because of the game, but the THREAD certainly is.He probably would have as he will have that feeling no matter the outcome. As for reading your first post, you imply that there ae many calling for TT's head when is is only one irrational poster. You are making something out of nothing.

Gunakor
08-18-2008, 02:11 PM
He probably would have as he will have that feeling no matter the outcome. As for reading your first post, you imply that there ae many calling for TT's head when is is only one irrational poster. You are making something out of nothing.

Again, reread.

Unbelievable. The Packers have one bad game, against a defense that many of these players haven't really seen before, and people are already calling for TT's head.

I never said many, nor even implied it. But do you really think that MD is the only rat who feels this way? Really? There probably aren't many, but there are definitely others so the singular "person" doesn't really apply.

And if you ask me, it is MD who is making a big deal of nothing in this thread.

AV David
08-18-2008, 02:49 PM
Give it a rest.

He's gone and he's not coming back.

Root for the Jets or root for the Packers. You can root for the Jets and the Packers.

What you can't do is spout your redundant anti TT talking points and expect anyone to respect your opinion.

Are you a Packer fan or are you like Anti Polar Bear?

There, I feel better.

KYPack
08-18-2008, 04:16 PM
Turn in your jersey, Mobb.

The tribe has spoken.

sheepshead
08-18-2008, 05:37 PM

Sure dude, we'll get right on that. (what an original thought)

Joemailman
08-18-2008, 06:56 PM
IMHO.. The best response to a thread like this is no response.. Just let it slip quietly into the PR archives never to be seen again...lol

Then why did you respond?

MOBB DEEP
08-19-2008, 07:44 PM
MOST players couldnt handle the pressur of following favre. what makes TT, etc think this cat can (Cal QBs are ALWAYS overrated as far as i can remember..)THis is a rediculous statement. Only one person can follow Favre so how can yoiu even know if players can handle the pressure? You don't. Therefore, thats BS.

mr scrutinizer, CLEARLY what im sayn is that i dont know what tt, mm see/saw in arod that allowed them to let favre go what with the way he played last year and the talent on this team (win-now league, and tt acting like he's improving upon what gb did last year by down-grading the most important positon in all of sports???!!!)....if brett was hurt (montana) or stayed retired of course someone would have to follow him. but in this case it didnt HAVE to happen

The Shadow
08-19-2008, 07:47 PM
Of course there will be bumps and bruises with a young quarterback.
But going with a 38 year old who freezes now in big games is just no solution at all.

PackerTimer
08-19-2008, 07:47 PM

mr scrutinizer, CLEARLY what im sayn is that i dont know what tt, mm see/saw in arod that allowed them to let favre go what with the way he played last year and the talent on this team (win-now league, and tt acting like he's improving upon what gb did last year by down-grading the most important positon in all of sports???!!!)....if brett was hurt (montana) or stayed retired of course someone would have to follow him. but in this case it didnt HAVE to happen

That could be why you're not an NFL GM.

MOBB DEEP
08-19-2008, 07:51 PM

I think this is a very well thought out start to a thread, I encourage you to more like this without the pointless idiocy that some people use....excellent post and critical thinking skills...bravo!!!

insults abound

however, the odds are against u being brighter than me with regards to important endeavors (not irrelevant public forum posting)

MOBB DEEP
08-19-2008, 07:53 PM

NO ONE here is but ALOT of wanabes/know it alls...

Tyrone Bigguns
08-19-2008, 07:59 PM

insults abound

however, the odds are against u being brighter than me with regards to important endeavors (not irrelevant public forum posting)

I agree..your posts, spelling, and grammar all lead us to believe you are stephen Hawkings.

BallHawk
08-19-2008, 08:09 PM
I agree..your posts, spelling, and grammar all lead us to believe you are stephen Hawkings.

He's actually challenging Woody for the title of most unreadable poster. He actually might have the lead, as of now. At least Woody throws in a comma once in a while.

PackerTimer
08-19-2008, 08:13 PM

NO ONE here is but ALOT of wanabes/know it alls...

I think that about sums it up. There are a lot of wanabe/know-it-all GM's on this forum. Most of those think they can make an informed judgment about the future of our team based on one shitty pre-season game. In last years pre-season opener Farve was 2-7. I supposed he should have been cut immediately following that game. For the love of God, stop freaking out about AROD after one game. He had two possible TD's dropped and his offensive line gave him no time. If you think Favre would have performed much better under those circumstances you're fucking nuts.

MOBB DEEP
08-19-2008, 09:24 PM

insults abound

hav u evr written a dissertation? odds are NO! my writing skills are what got me into Georgetown grad. DEF not my grasps of psychologicial/experimental stats

ive written/write SO much the past 20 years im excited when i dont hav to be concerned with proper grammar etc. (plus i txt more than i talk to fam and friends so less is more)

sorry grammar police

anyway, FIRE TT....

BallHawk
08-19-2008, 09:26 PM
my writing skills are what got me into Georgetown grad.

Holy shit......Tank? :shock:

Zool
08-19-2008, 09:27 PM
hav u evr written a dissertation? odds are NO! my writing skills are what got me into Georgetown grad. DEF not my grasps of psychologicial/experimental stats

Tank?

Tyrone Bigguns
08-19-2008, 09:29 PM

insults abound

ive written/write SO much the past 20 years im excited when i dont hav to be concerned with proper grammar etc. (plus i txt more than i talk to fam and friends so less is more)

sorry grammar police

anyway, FIRE TT....

Good thing you aren't a betting man...you'd lose.

But, your posts...regardless of grammar or spelling suggest you are a man of intellect. :roll:

MOBB DEEP
08-19-2008, 09:36 PM

insults abound

sorry grammar police

anyway, FIRE TT....

Good thing you aren't a betting man...you'd lose.

But, your posts...regardless of grammar or spelling suggest you are a man of intellect. :roll:

ok u win; u are more knowledgeable/intelligent than i am concerning the ins and outs of the pack/nfl

howeva, we both get the same satisfaction and compensation when we post our opinions

MOBB DEEP
08-19-2008, 09:38 PM

Tank?

no, didnt tank go to GU like 1 year then went back to his folks??

i took masters from GU in 96 before going to Howard u (the Black harvard- lol)

Lurker64
08-19-2008, 09:42 PM
hav u evr written a dissertation?

Mine's on a Nonstandard Analysis Model of Free Brownian Motion, by analogy to Anderson's realization of Brownian Motion as a a random walk on a hyperfinite coin-flipping space, using matrices whose dimensions are infinitely large natural numbers.

What's yours on?

Edit: That's my Ph.D. dissertation, were you talking about a different kind?

Tyrone Bigguns
08-19-2008, 09:46 PM
ok u win; u are more knowledgeable/intelligent than i am concerning the ins and outs of the pack/nfl

I take no satisfaction from that...that is like being king of the morons.

MOBB DEEP
08-19-2008, 09:51 PM

Mine's on a Nonstandard Analysis Model of Free Brownian Motion, by analogy to Anderson's realization of Brownian Motion as a a random walk on a hyperfinite coin-flipping space, using matrices whose dimensions are infinitely large natural numbers.

What's yours on?

mine is simple....why do black athletes date white women at a disproportionate rate compared to their non athletic cohorts?

Tyrone Bigguns
08-19-2008, 09:55 PM

What's yours on?

mine is simple....why do black athletes date white women at a disproportionate rate compared to their non athletic cohorts?

A dissertation on that. Wow.

I can do it in one sentence: because they can.

MOBB DEEP
08-19-2008, 10:06 PM

What's yours on?

A dissertation on that. Wow.

I can do it in one sentence: because they can.

i was joking...like brett in my signature

texaspackerbacker
08-19-2008, 11:11 PM
This is a clear cut case of a couple of generally competent posters going off the "deep" end and saying some really stupid things.

The 49ers played a great game. The Packers did not. Injuries, a new QB, a probable slower approach to preparing for the season, the lack of a game plan for a fairly complicated defense, playing against a home feld advantage, jet lag, you name it--there are a lot of reasons why the Packers got trounced in a meaningless game. BFD!

Rodgers really ought to be successful this season, partly because he's good, but mostly because of the great talent around him which means he doesn't have to do a super individual job.

Not that it is relevant in the least for Packer fans, but Favre is set up for failure with the Jets in several ways. He doesn't have near the talent around him that he had with the Packers; He may not have an offense geared down to accomodate his shortcomings of age like he had with the Packers; He likely will not have the high level of preparation he had last off-season; And, of course, he is a year older.

Thompson built this team. His status lives and dies with the success of the team or lack of it. I'm sure Thompson is very comfortable with that, and I will readily predict a level of success that will make a hero--continued here--of Ted Thompson.

Scott Campbell
08-19-2008, 11:26 PM
Is it because he's white?

bobblehead
08-20-2008, 12:04 AM

insults abound

That does it, lets just whip them out and measure dammit. I can't handle the feelings of inferiority going through my head right now.

The odds may be against it, but that merely means you have what...like a 114 IQ?? I believe that is the mean. I won't get into a pissing match like this, if you are smarter than me show it for a change, declaring it and spouting about education actually shows quite the opposite. That shows you are learned, not smart in the least.

cpk1994
08-20-2008, 06:17 AM

mr scrutinizer, CLEARLY what im sayn is that i dont know what tt, mm see/saw in arod that allowed them to let favre go what with the way he played last year and the talent on this team (win-now league, and tt acting like he's improving upon what gb did last year by down-grading the most important positon in all of sports???!!!)....if brett was hurt (montana) or stayed retired of course someone would have to follow him. but in this case it didnt HAVE to happenIt's not what they saw in ARod, its the fact that Brett has been acting like an whiny asshole the last 5 off-seasons and they had enough of his shit. When he "retired" they used that to finally cut the cord. Thank god.

SnakeLH2006
08-21-2008, 02:05 AM

Yes dump Mobb Deep, as they only had cred when 2pac was alive.....Did then, and still suck so much ass even gay porn won't accept it. Their music sucks dead AIDS' asses.

Tarlam!
08-21-2008, 02:21 AM

Please PM it to me if it's available in e-form. I'd be honoured.

Zool
08-21-2008, 07:33 AM

Yes dump Mobb Deep, as they only had cred when 2pac was alive.....Did then, and still suck so much ass even gay porn won't accept it. Their music sucks dead AIDS' asses.

Dead AIDS' asses?

http://www.worldoffail.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/fail2.jpg

Deputy Nutz
08-21-2008, 09:28 AM

mr scrutinizer, CLEARLY what im sayn is that i dont know what tt, mm see/saw in arod that allowed them to let favre go what with the way he played last year and the talent on this team (win-now league, and tt acting like he's improving upon what gb did last year by down-grading the most important positon in all of sports???!!!)....if brett was hurt (montana) or stayed retired of course someone would have to follow him. but in this case it didnt HAVE to happenIt's not what they saw in ARod, its the fact that Brett has been acting like an whiny asshole the last 5 off-seasons and they had enough of his shit. When he "retired" they used that to finally cut the cord. Thank god.

Well getting rid of that "asshole" looks like it might cost Teddy and his team 5 or 6 wins. Who knows but damn the torpedos, Ted's ego won out. He doesn't need that asshole apparently to win football games. Really, I don't even think it is Thompson, I see it really lying with McCarthy. I think he is over confident with his offensive system, thinking that Rodgers can just jump in and take Favre's 13-3 team to the playoffs.

It might happen, but last Saturday surely wasn't an indication of that.

Deputy Nutz
08-21-2008, 09:32 AM

Dead AIDS' asses?

I liked it Zool, I thought it was if not better than the gay porn reference.

cpk1994
08-21-2008, 09:42 AM

Well getting rid of that "asshole" looks like it might cost Teddy and his team 5 or 6 wins. Who knows but damn the torpedos, Ted's ego won out. He doesn't need that asshole apparently to win football games. Really, I don't even think it is Thompson, I see it really lying with McCarthy. I think he is over confident with his offensive system, thinking that Rodgers can just jump in and take Favre's 13-3 team to the playoffs.

It might happen, but last Saturday surely wasn't an indication of that.I don't think McCarthy is overconfident at all. It isn't about ego winning out either. Its about being tired of Favre's stunts and his "me me me" attitude. It's about Favre implying that Mooch should have been the Head coach and not McCarthy, basically pissing on everything McCarthy did to make Brett a better player. McCarthy wants a QB who will commit 100% to the program, something Brett could'n't do even on the day before he was traded. McCarthy is smart enough to realize that no QB can just jump in. He knows there are going to be bumps. Saying McCarthy is overconfident is out and out rediculous.

Deputy Nutz
08-21-2008, 11:56 AM

It might happen, but last Saturday surely wasn't an indication of that.I don't think McCarthy is overconfident at all. It isn't about ego winning out either. Its about being tired of Favre's stunts and his "me me me" attitude. It's about Favre implying that Mooch should have been the Head coach and not McCarthy, basically pissing on everything McCarthy did to make Brett a better player. McCarthy wants a QB who will commit 100% to the program, something Brett could'n't do even on the day before he was traded. McCarthy is smart enough to realize that no QB can just jump in. He knows there are going to be bumps. Saying McCarthy is overconfident is out and out rediculous.

Almost as ridiculous as you claiming wildly that Favre pissed all over McCarthy. I don't think a coach and player would sit down for hours and hours discussing the last several months if they didn't have some kind of admiration and deep respect for each other.

You bringing up Mooch is way out of context by the way. Favre went to Thompson asking if he would interview Mooch, thats it. He never complained or commented negatively about the hire of McCarthy. He felt that he was told "untruths" about the head coaching position in regards to Mooch, thats it. It never had anything to do with McCarthy.

Back to McCarthy, might be the next Mike Martz the way he is ordering up passing plays.

cpk1994
08-21-2008, 12:15 PM

Almost as ridiculous as you claiming wildly that Favre pissed all over McCarthy. I don't think a coach and player would sit down for hours and hours discussing the last several months if they didn't have some kind of admiration and deep respect for each other.

You bringing up Mooch is way out of context by the way. Favre went to Thompson asking if he would interview Mooch, thats it. He never complained or commented negatively about the hire of McCarthy. He felt that he was told "untruths" about the head coaching position in regards to Mooch, thats it. It never had anything to do with McCarthy.

Back to McCarthy, might be the next Mike Martz the way he is ordering up passing plays.You can have respect for someone and still piss all over them. While he didn't say it, him complaining about Mooch implied a dissatisfaction with McCarthy's hire. Favre sure as hell never credited McCarthy with helping him have that good season. Favre wanted someone he could walk all over, someone who would let him do whatever he wanted and give him whatever he wanted. Thats also why he threatened to retire if Mike Sherman was canned. It is very clear that Favre has a sense of entitlement. He didn't get that from TT & McCarthy these last 2 months, so he threw a hissy fit. If you can't see that Favre had problems with McCarthy you are blind.

Pugger
08-21-2008, 12:23 PM
Not Martz, more likely he knows what he has in Grant and the running game and is trying to give his QBs more work in these games. I'd much rather have AR learn from his mess-ups NOW than on Monday night against the queens.

But back OT: the only reason some folks are screaming for TT's head is because a beloved player was traded away, nothing more. These fans feel BF gives us the best chance to win this coming year, not AR. We may never know all of the reasons why the two sides couldn't come to an agreement. Some put all the 'blame' on management. I think both sides are culpable in this mess. I fear we will have threads each week with "BF did this and AR did that" this season. God help us all. :roll:

Gunakor
08-21-2008, 12:32 PM

I think the decision to move on came from above Thompson, not below. Mark Murphy flew down to Hattiesburg to try and sway Favre to stay retired. Mark Murphy only answers to the Board of Directors. Ted Thompson does not have the power to send Murphy anywhere, nor does he have the authority to make decisions for Murphy. Certainly McCarthy does not have the power or authority to make decisions for either Thompson or the Board. The very TOP Packers brass - i.e. the Board of Directors and the Executive Committee - were likely the ones who made the decision to cut the string and move forward with the franchise. Thompson and McCarthy very probably had input into that decision, but ultimately I think the final decision was neither Thompson's nor McCarthy's. And I don't think that decision was based entirely on winning or losing on the field. IMO it had more to do with the crap the franchise had to deal with off of it. Now it's New York's problem to deal with.

Aaron Rodgers most certainly can take this 13-3 team from last season to the playoffs. I don't think he'll take them all the way to the NFC Championship game, but they should at the very least make the tournament. The game against the Niners was a preseason game, off of an extremely short week of practice.

They were not prepared, but then again they didn't prepare for it as if it were a regular season game to begin with. They are still trying to figure out which 53 guys can best execute the plays in the Packer's playbook, so I'm quite certain they spent less time on what the Niners were going to do than they would if it were a regular season game.

If this were a regular season game, there's no way San Fransisco walks all over us like that. If our first team defense doesn't come off the field, they'd be lucky to score 10 points. If our first team offense is at full strength - Jennings and Grant were not even dressed to play - that would undoubtedly mean better efficiency and more production on offense.

That game isn't really an illustration of what this team will look like in a couple weeks. I wouldn't read too much into it.

cpk1994
08-21-2008, 12:45 PM
Not Martz, more likely he knows what he has in Grant and the running game and is trying to give his QBs more work in these games. I'd much rather have AR learn from his mess-ups NOW than on Monday night against the queens.

But back OT: the only reason some folks are screaming for TT's head is because a beloved player was traded away, nothing more. These fans feel BF gives us the best chance to win this coming year, not AR. We may never know all of the reasons why the two sides couldn't come to an agreement. Some put all the 'blame' on management. I think both sides are culpable in this mess. I fear we will have threads each week with "BF did this and AR did that" this season. God help us all. :roll:McCarthy may know what he has in the running game, but he needs to realize calling only passing plays serves to get ARod killed. Defenses are just going to tee off on the QB if you don't run the ball. This being preseason means no different. He got lucky Saturday. If he pulls that this Saturday, McCarthy may not be so lucky.

MadtownPacker
08-21-2008, 01:10 PM
McCarthy may know what he has in the running game, but he needs to realize calling only passing plays serves to get ARod killed. Defenses are just going to tee off on the QB if you don't run the ball. This being preseason means no different. He got lucky Saturday. If he pulls that this Saturday, McCarthy may not be so lucky.He IS going to get Rodgers destroyed. He needs to looks at his play calling. I wouldn't say he got lucky last Saturday cuz Rodgers was getting pounded pretty good. All the plays seemed slow to develop. I think he is making ARod think too hard. He needs to be able to go in and fire away. Once he even hesitates he is lost. Almost like he is worried about screwing up.

woodbuck27
08-21-2008, 01:21 PM
Who's the REAL weak link on the team that will look very weak alot this season?

The new ERA and the Re-building period really begins now as I view it all. We all want our team to do very well but lets be open minded to the TRUTH post Brett Favre.

Maybe I expect too much but i see lots to be concerned over while some here actually believe it ll just so very good to great. I find the study of people fascinating. I'm always amazed in the wide spectrum of different views so we have this outlet. place tro tos it all out there and discuss.:D

I hope as always we can do that as ladies and gentleman, but of course that's really a lot to hope for. Thus we get another indicator of polorized opinion and rather firm and sensable to ridiculous stances and wishs.

To try to destroy anothers way of seeing anything. Hahaaha

PEOPLE = BEAUTIFUL. :D Too funny too. Sometimes idiots. :P

cpk1994
08-21-2008, 03:53 PM
McCarthy may know what he has in the running game, but he needs to realize calling only passing plays serves to get ARod killed. Defenses are just going to tee off on the QB if you don't run the ball. This being preseason means no different. He got lucky Saturday. If he pulls that this Saturday, McCarthy may not be so lucky.He IS going to get Rodgers destroyed. He needs to looks at his play calling. I wouldn't say he got lucky last Saturday cuz Rodgers was getting pounded pretty good. All the plays seemed slow to develop. I think he is making ARod think too hard. He needs to be able to go in and fire away. Once he even hesitates he is lost. Almost like he is worried about screwing up.TO clarify, I mean he got lucky in that ARod got pounded because of his playcalling and McCarthy was lucky ARod wasn't injured.

Merlin
08-21-2008, 05:15 PM
McCarthy may know what he has in the running game, but he needs to realize calling only passing plays serves to get ARod killed. Defenses are just going to tee off on the QB if you don't run the ball. This being preseason means no different. He got lucky Saturday. If he pulls that this Saturday, McCarthy may not be so lucky.He IS going to get Rodgers destroyed. He needs to looks at his play calling. I wouldn't say he got lucky last Saturday cuz Rodgers was getting pounded pretty good. All the plays seemed slow to develop. I think he is making ARod think too hard. He needs to be able to go in and fire away. Once he even hesitates he is lost. Almost like he is worried about screwing up.

Aaron Rodgers last played consistent football in a QB friendly system. That being said, it is quite possible that there is too much for him to think about, today. I seriously doubt that any backup QB gets as much time to practice under center and look at the defense during practice. This year he has that opportunity for the first time since he left college. It may take him a game or three to get his own rhythm figured out. I just don't think he will last that long. The OL is horrible and has not been adequately addressed during Ted Thompson's tenure. IF Rodgers doesn't get injured, then he has a shot to be successful based upon the weapons around him. It doesn't matter who the coach is, the offensive line just isn't that good and our entire season will hinge upon that offensive line and their ability to keep Aaron Rodgers comfortable enough to go get through the young QB stuff without running for his life.

The offensive line is clearly the reason any rational Packer fan should be pissed at Ted Thompson. The whole Favre thing is a done deal. Will it cost Ted? It already did, Saturday. Favre made this line look good because hew knew what to do. Rodgers will to, if as I said, he lasts that long. When Rodgers does go down, people will say it's the lines fault, and who built this awesome steam rolling line? Ted Thompson, but I seriously doubt anyone will make that connection with all of the other bs story lines this team is carrying.

The Shadow
08-21-2008, 06:37 PM

Aaron Rodgers last played consistent football in a QB friendly system. That being said, it is quite possible that there is too much for him to think about, today. I seriously doubt that any backup QB gets as much time to practice under center and look at the defense during practice. This year he has that opportunity for the first time since he left college. It may take him a game or three to get his own rhythm figured out. I just don't think he will last that long. The OL is horrible and has not been adequately addressed during Ted Thompson's tenure. IF Rodgers doesn't get injured, then he has a shot to be successful based upon the weapons around him. It doesn't matter who the coach is, the offensive line just isn't that good and our entire season will hinge upon that offensive line and their ability to keep Aaron Rodgers comfortable enough to go get through the young QB stuff without running for his life.

The offensive line is clearly the reason any rational Packer fan should be pissed at Ted Thompson. The whole Favre thing is a done deal. Will it cost Ted? It already did, Saturday. Favre made this line look good because hew knew what to do. Rodgers will to, if as I said, he lasts that long. When Rodgers does go down, people will say it's the lines fault, and who built this awesome steam rolling line? Ted Thompson, but I seriously doubt anyone will make that connection with all of the other bs story lines this team is carrying.

ZZZZZZZZ..............

bobblehead
08-21-2008, 07:37 PM

excellent analysis...dead wrong, but you did do a very good job analyzing things. The only disagreement I have is that I think this line will gel, and we will have a very solid season. I'm not a wishful thinking type, I just honestly believe there is a TON of talent on that line, remember, wahle didn't even come close to doing what college has done in his first 3 years.

MadtownPacker
08-21-2008, 08:18 PM
No forum would really be complete without a "fire the GM thread". :lol:

Deputy Nutz
08-21-2008, 09:16 PM

I think the decision to move on came from above Thompson, not below. Mark Murphy flew down to Hattiesburg to try and sway Favre to stay retired. Mark Murphy only answers to the Board of Directors. Ted Thompson does not have the power to send Murphy anywhere, nor does he have the authority to make decisions for Murphy. Certainly McCarthy does not have the power or authority to make decisions for either Thompson or the Board. The very TOP Packers brass - i.e. the Board of Directors and the Executive Committee - were likely the ones who made the decision to cut the string and move forward with the franchise. Thompson and McCarthy very probably had input into that decision, but ultimately I think the final decision was neither Thompson's nor McCarthy's. And I don't think that decision was based entirely on winning or losing on the field. IMO it had more to do with the crap the franchise had to deal with off of it. Now it's New York's problem to deal with.

Aaron Rodgers most certainly can take this 13-3 team from last season to the playoffs. I don't think he'll take them all the way to the NFC Championship game, but they should at the very least make the tournament. The game against the Niners was a preseason game, off of an extremely short week of practice.

They were not prepared, but then again they didn't prepare for it as if it were a regular season game to begin with. They are still trying to figure out which 53 guys can best execute the plays in the Packer's playbook, so I'm quite certain they spent less time on what the Niners were going to do than they would if it were a regular season game.

If this were a regular season game, there's no way San Fransisco walks all over us like that. If our first team defense doesn't come off the field, they'd be lucky to score 10 points. If our first team offense is at full strength - Jennings and Grant were not even dressed to play - that would undoubtedly mean better efficiency and more production on offense.

That game isn't really an illustration of what this team will look like in a couple weeks. I wouldn't read too much into it.

This was a football decision, the board of directors most likely had no input on this. The only imput the Board has on football decisions is the hiring and firing of GMs and they vote for a new president. Thompson has total control of all football operation, he answers with his job. Murphy went down because he, Thompson, and McCarthy came to a consensus about Favre, meaning Thompson and McCarthy came to a decision and lets face it, Murphy was their gopher in this situation.

Deputy Nutz
08-21-2008, 09:18 PM

Back to McCarthy, might be the next Mike Martz the way he is ordering up passing plays.You can have respect for someone and still piss all over them. While he didn't say it, him complaining about Mooch implied a dissatisfaction with McCarthy's hire. Favre sure as hell never credited McCarthy with helping him have that good season. Favre wanted someone he could walk all over, someone who would let him do whatever he wanted and give him whatever he wanted. Thats also why he threatened to retire if Mike Sherman was canned. It is very clear that Favre has a sense of entitlement. He didn't get that from TT & McCarthy these last 2 months, so he threw a hissy fit. If you can't see that Favre had problems with McCarthy you are blind.

I suppose you can assume anything you want, but there is something in their that makes you an ass. Make sure that limb you are hanging off of is sturdy for the next 17 weeks.

Harlan Huckleby
08-22-2008, 02:25 AM
mr scrutinizer, CLEARLY what im sayn is that i dont know what tt, mm see/saw in arod that allowed them to let favre go

But Mobb, you and others have already made this point over and over and over and over.

Maybe you are right. It doesn't do any good to keep pickin fights over it.

cpk1994
08-22-2008, 05:59 AM

Different day, same old :bs2:

MOBB DEEP
09-02-2008, 01:48 PM
Is it because he's white?

lol

MOBB DEEP
09-02-2008, 01:51 PM

insults abound

That does it, lets just whip them out and measure dammit. I can't handle the feelings of inferiority going through my head right now.

The odds may be against it, but that merely means you have what...like a 114 IQ?? I believe that is the mean. I won't get into a pissing match like this, if you are smarter than me show it for a change, declaring it and spouting about education actually shows quite the opposite. That shows you are learned, not smart in the least.

wow, just read this...

peaceful rock huh...?

mmmdk
09-02-2008, 01:53 PM
No forum would really be complete without a "fire the GM thread". :lol:

Yeah or if "that 70's show" was situated in Minnesota; not real huh? :oops:

MOBB DEEP
09-02-2008, 01:55 PM

y "thank god?"

b/c #4 brought the franchise down? was a cancer?

HOW BOUT BIGGEST DRAW EVER IN THE NFL

u genuises kill me, so self righteous

MOBB DEEP
09-02-2008, 01:57 PM

lmbo

MOBB DEEP
09-02-2008, 02:02 PM

GET VICK...!!!!!

mission
09-02-2008, 02:05 PM
Ryan Grant might have something to do with something you knuckleheads.

bobblehead
09-02-2008, 03:05 PM

insults abound

wow, just read this...

peaceful rock huh...?

Really, you just coincidently dredged up a ten day old thread off of page two??

Yes peaceful rock, I was making fun of you, but come on your honor, he was begging for it.

MOBB DEEP
09-02-2008, 03:55 PM

1 year wonder

MOBB DEEP
09-02-2008, 03:56 PM

insults abound

wow, just read this...

peaceful rock huh...?

Really, you just coincidently dredged up a ten day old thread off of page two??

Yes peaceful rock, I was making fun of you, but come on your honor, he was begging for it.

he he he...actually i was serious; i hadnt read it

BallHawk
09-02-2008, 06:32 PM

1 year wonder

Ok, Mr. Georgetown, care to back this up?

Rastak
09-02-2008, 06:39 PM

1 year wonder

I think I agree with your overall point but you just as helpless as he is in proving that's not true!

BallHawk
09-02-2008, 07:13 PM

1 year wonder

I think I agree with your overall point but you just as helpless as he is in proving that's not true!

Of course, it can't be "proven" but evidence can be given. If he has an issue with his running style, his decision-making, his tools, etc. that's fine and would be a valid arguement. However, putting down Grant without even having evidence is useless......

The Falcons will go to the Super Bowl.

The ball is now in your court, Hoya.

MOBB DEEP
09-04-2008, 07:53 AM

1 year wonder

Of course, it can't be "proven" but evidence can be given. If he has an issue with his running style, his decision-making, his tools, etc. that's fine and would be a valid arguement. However, putting down Grant without even having evidence is useless......

The Falcons will go to the Super Bowl.

The ball is now in your court, Hoya.

actually i was just kiddn; i like the kid and hope he continues to shine hawk

i was mad as heck, however, that pack let ahman go. i met him at mitchell field (airport n milwaukee) and he was SO humble and affable. wifeys brother played for the huskers (and got superbowl ring with montana vs collinsworth) so OF COURSE i used that as my icebreaker. VERY swell guy; i have autograph on front of fridge and his jersey is the only 1 i have other than lord #4...

Scott Campbell
09-04-2008, 08:04 AM
wifeys brother played for the huskers (and got superbowl ring with montana vs collinsworth)

Tom Rathman? Great player.

Sparkey
09-04-2008, 11:31 AM
:arrow: :lol:

bobblehead
09-04-2008, 11:34 AM

y "thank god?"

Has anyone ever considered that TT and MM both believe that the teams is two or three years away from being VERY GOOD. That 2007 was a combination of easy schedule and Brett having a career year at age 38 ?

That realistically, they think 2009 and 2010 are the years that the Packers will be ready to win a Title. ??

Regardless of what all us naive forum posters think, TT and MM are THE MOST QUALIFIED to make these decisions as they deal with the players on a daily basis.

Actually, when favre was tossing 29 picks a few years ago, TT and MM were most qualified to decide who the starting QB should be, everyone said so. Now that they decided it is rodgers they are unequivocally no longer the most qualified, they are haters and egomaniacs who want all the credit for the packers fortunes.

MOBB DEEP
09-05-2008, 04:10 PM

son, infamous mobb are the truth! dam record sales; they keep it straight grimy/undrground. if one really listens to their lyrics...Prodigy is stupid clever (H.N.I.C.)

MOBB DEEP
09-05-2008, 04:17 PM
wifeys brother played for the huskers (and got superbowl ring with montana vs collinsworth)

Tom Rathman? Great player.

Doug Dubose...google 'em. he's living wit us right now (battling drug addiction - sold superbowl ring for crack). ALOT of those huskers were into cocaine (fryar/my frat bro, craig, rozier, etc but maintained...

MOBB DEEP
09-05-2008, 04:23 PM

y "thank god?"

Has anyone ever considered that TT and MM both believe that the teams is two or three years away from being VERY GOOD. That 2007 was a combination of easy schedule and Brett having a career year at age 38 ?

That realistically, they think 2009 and 2010 are the years that the Packers will be ready to win a Title. ??

Regardless of what all us naive forum posters think, TT and MM are THE MOST QUALIFIED to make these decisions as they deal with the players on a daily basis.

Actually, when favre was tossing 29 picks a few years ago, TT and MM were most qualified to decide who the starting QB should be, everyone said so. Now that they decided it is rodgers they are unequivocally no longer the most qualified, they are haters and egomaniacs who want all the credit for the packers fortunes.

EXACTLY...

btw, even GMs make mistakes

Jerry Tagge
09-06-2008, 12:34 AM
Absolutely Ridiculous!

i know that wasnt profound but just wait til week 5 and folks will chime in (im just able to forcast it now that aaron will be subpar...)

and i gurantee the players arent confident in fragile aaron, whining about fans support, etc

like he'll do with the jets #4 makes players take their game to another level

i wish i were wrong but just wait and see. MOST players couldnt handle the pressur of following favre. what makes TT, etc think this cat can (Cal QBs are ALWAYS overrated as far as i can remember..)
The same fans worshiping TT now will either be calling for his head or hiding in the woodwork when the Packers have a losing season.

You would think Packers fans would learn not to worship someone because of one good year after the Lindy Infante experience. Remember, Packers fans voted him the greatest Packers coach ever, greater than Lombardi, because of the 10-6 record in 1989 that didn't even result in a playoff berth.

You would think Packers fans would wait to see how the team does in subsequent years before anointing someone the franchise's savior.

You would think those things but you would be thinking wrong. Packers fans haven't learned their lesson. One good season and TT is the savior.

All TT has proven in 3 years is that he's 9 games worse than Mike Sherman was after 3 years.

ahaha
09-06-2008, 10:30 AM
The same fans worshiping TT now will either be calling for his head or hiding in the woodwork when the Packers have a losing season.

The same can be said for TT haters if the Pack have another good season.

You would think Packers fans would learn not to worship someone because of one good year after the Lindy Infante experience. Remember, Packers fans voted him the greatest Packers coach ever, greater than Lombardi, because of the 10-6 record in 1989 that didn't even result in a playoff berth.

You would think Packers fans would wait to see how the team does in subsequent years before anointing someone the franchise's savior.

I like the old school reference. But, it doesn't really apply. Infante's team won a lot of close games that year. This was after two decades of craptitude. Some fans got excited and voted that way. I hardly believe it was a true representation of knowledgable Packer fans at the time.

You would think those things but you would be thinking wrong. Packers fans haven't learned their lesson. One good season and TT is the savior.

Exaggerate much? Savior? Most of us TT supporters think he's a good GM, not a living God. You might find one nut out there who wants to be baptized in TT's salvation and preach the good word of trading down in the draft, but the vast majority think he's capable of building a championship caliber team. And, we're not the only ones who think that. He was awarded the Executive of the Year by non packer fans.

All TT has proven in 3 years is that he's 9 games worse than Mike Sherman was after 3 years.

True. Of course, that record might be squewed by the season where TT cut some veterens in order to get the Packers in a good cap situation, and a devastating string of injuries to both WR's and RB's.
And, Sherman's teams never came within a play of making the Super Bowl, one play from beating the eventual champs.