PDA

View Full Version : Article - My Apologies Mr. Rodgers

MJZiggy
08-18-2008, 06:52 PM
by MadtownPacker

Sitting down the morning after Saturday's ugly loss in San Francisco, I wasn't worried about the fact that the offensive line could have been...READ MORE! (http://www.packerrats.com)

Pacopete4
08-18-2008, 07:09 PM
Good article... very sad that Arod was like that while other players showed their character. Sucks the game wasn't a fun one for ya MadTown.. musta been cool to get to know his parents a bit though.

Chevelle2
08-18-2008, 07:16 PM
So he has to sign autographs EVERY time?

Because in the interactions I have had with AR, he has always been the last player at camp signing autographs, and chatting with kids.

I guess he has to do it after EVERY game and EVERY practice, so some people don't get their fucking panties up in a bunch.

Tyrone Bigguns
08-18-2008, 07:17 PM
Do you ever stop with the pot shots.

Not talking with fans is now a character flaw? :roll:

Pacopete4
08-18-2008, 07:18 PM

Defend him if you wish but MadTown was there and I doubt he'd write an article about the situation if it wasn't worth telling

]{ilr]3
08-18-2008, 07:19 PM
Good read, even though it was disappointing to here that about A-Rod. You would like to think that maybe there was something else he needed to attend to, but that this was a homecoming of sorts for him it would only make sense that he would make time for fans as this point in his career. I dont know at what point in Favre's career he became untouchable, but I am sure Aaron is not there yet.

Pacopete4
08-18-2008, 07:20 PM
{ilr]3]Good read, even though it was disappointing to here that about A-Rod. You would like to think that maybe there was something else he needed to attend to, but that this was a homecoming of sorts for him it would only make sense that he would make time for fans as this point in his career. I dont know at what point in Favre's career he became untouchable, but I am sure Aaron is not there yet.

Careful... you must know you can't say such things about an unproven player that was given the QB job for the Pack.. watch your tongue! :oops:

MJZiggy
08-18-2008, 07:22 PM
How shall I put this delicately?...KNOCK IT OFF!!!!

Tyrone Bigguns
08-18-2008, 07:26 PM

Defend him if you wish but MadTown was there and I doubt he'd write an article about the situation if it wasn't worth telling

You just keep making yourself look dumber every post.

First, you said character flaw..so is it one to not sign autographs every time? Mad didn't say anything about character flaws.

Second, using your logic..that because mad wrote about it means it was worth telling..so, should we use that on every person that writes an article..including those journalists that wrote about Favre being a diva, spoiled child, lying, etc?

Mad wrote the article as a fan..and yes, as a fan it is always disappointing when the players don't talk or respond to the fans..but, he didn't say character flaw.

He speculated quite a bit..."but he sure acted like it"..regarding what he thinks arod is feeling about the fans attitude towards him.

"I could swear I saw him cringe"...maybe he did, maybe he didn't. Maybe he cringed because he was trying ot spend a few moments with his family and some idiot is yelling his name.

Maybe he had a bad game and rather than fake it with the fans and perhaps be nasty to them..he chose to not interact and not subject them to his foul mood.

Maybe, rather than give less than 10% he chose not to interact at all.

See, we can all speculate.

Maxie the Taxi
08-18-2008, 07:26 PM
Thanks for the write up. Not having children, I can just imagine what Mom and Dad were feeling, knowing all the pressure their son is under. Just curies, did dad ever acknowledge to you that he was Arod's dad?

Pacopete4
08-18-2008, 07:30 PM

First, you said character flaw..so is it one to not sign autographs every time? Mad didn't say anything about character flaws.

Second, using your logic..that because mad wrote about it means it was worth telling..so, should we use that on every person that writes an article..including those journalists that wrote about Favre being a diva, spoiled child, lying, etc?

Mad wrote the article as a fan..and yes, as a fan it is always disappointing when the players don't talk or respond to the fans..but, he didn't say character flaw.

He speculated quite a bit..."but he sure acted like it"..regarding what he thinks arod is feeling about the fans attitude towards him.

"I could swear I saw him cringe"...maybe he did, maybe he didn't. Maybe he cringed because he was trying ot spend a few moments with his family and some idiot is yelling his name.

Maybe he had a bad game and rather than fake it with the fans and perhaps be nasty to them..he chose to not interact and not subject them to his foul mood.

Or maybe he is really a jackass with very little character.. see I can speculate to..

just because you type it, don't make you right... everyone can have different opinions so quit attacking me and other posters.. say what you want about the issue but stop attacking others including me because I am absolutely sick of it... just because I, or others thinks the Arod/Favre situation is a joke does not give you the right to attack people.. again, say what you want on the issue.. NOT the poster and this forum will all work a lot better

Chevelle2
08-18-2008, 07:32 PM
Or maybe he is really a jackass with very little character.. see I can speculate to..

Have you met him?

I have.

3 times.

And he has been very nice and cordial to me and everyone there at the time.

But I HAVE to trust the writing on the front page right? After all
MadTown was there and I doubt he'd write an article about the situation if it wasn't worth telling

Brando19
08-18-2008, 07:36 PM
I've been to 2 Packer games and I've been just feet from Favre and he's never once acknowledged fans....which was shitty because I flew from WV to WI to see him. I did meet Dorsey Levens in 2006 (10th year super bowl reunion) and Ryan Pickett...very very nice guy.

Partial
08-18-2008, 07:36 PM

Because in the interactions I have had with AR, he has always been the last player at camp signing autographs, and chatting with kids.

I guess he has to do it after EVERY game and EVERY practice, so some people don't get their fucking panties up in a bunch.

This is a ridiculous statement. This is where he is from. Huge difference. You'd think he'd sign some autographs. I don't care one way or another, but that comes off very poorly.

HarveyWallbangers
08-18-2008, 07:38 PM
This is ludicrous. If you've watched the players a lot going to and from the stadium before and after the games, more than half don't even acknowledge the fans. It's silly to brand any label on them for that. They are getting ready for a game in their own way. This is pretty juvenile.

I went to watch the Yankees in their hayday earlier this decade with a Yankee fan friend of mine at the Metrodome, and only one of their players (Green Bay's own Bob Wickman, of all people) even acknowleged the large Yankee contingent.

GBRulz
08-18-2008, 07:38 PM

I agree with you on this. I've seen him at TC always signing for people and talking with them. Even on his private time (bar, restaurant, etc) I've seen the occasional fan that approaches him for an autograph and he always obliges.

However, Mad isn't saying anything to knock Aaron, he's just commenting on what he saw. So, settle down.

pasquale
08-18-2008, 07:39 PM
you guys can bitch about anything.

retailguy
08-18-2008, 07:44 PM
Good article MTP! I enjoyed it!

Tyrone Bigguns
08-18-2008, 07:54 PM

just because you type it, don't make you right... everyone can have different opinions so quit attacking me and other posters.. say what you want about the issue but stop attacking others including me because I am absolutely sick of it... just because I, or others thinks the Arod/Favre situation is a joke does not give you the right to attack people.. again, say what you want on the issue.. NOT the poster and this forum will all work a lot better

Right. but, you told us you didn't speculate or attack him personally. Oops. Another lie.

I am commenting on the issue. The issue is your stupid posts and constant negativity.

Again, figure it out. We all know your opinion on the joke. A joke only needs to be told once. We get it. The rest of us are tired of you constantly bashing TT and Arod.

It isn't them specifically..it could be tory and sherman. We get it. We are sick of you and your constant pot shots and whining.

Move on. Stop acting that a little bitch.

Pacopete4
08-18-2008, 08:02 PM

Right. but, you told us you didn't speculate or attack him personally. Oops. Another lie.

I am commenting on the issue. The issue is your stupid posts and constant negativity.

Again, figure it out. We all know your opinion on the joke. A joke only needs to be told once. We get it. The rest of us are tired of you constantly bashing TT and Arod.

It isn't them specifically..it could be tory and sherman. We get it. We are sick of you and your constant pot shots and whining.

You are a little bitch! aha.. I can have feelings that are different from yours, and I'm done arguing with you. You're right!... TT is a snake, a weasel... my feelings wont change on that.. but Rodgers has a shot with me, I'm not going to just love him right away, it don't work that way with me. Other than that... shut up and quit coming after me cuz I won't stop, can't stop!... aha we agree, to disagree? k, perfect... im done

MadtownPacker
08-18-2008, 08:18 PM
Thanks for the write up. Not having children, I can just imagine what Mom and Dad were feeling, knowing all the pressure their son is under. Just curies, did dad ever acknowledge to you that he was Arod's dad?I forgot to mention that part but yes he did when I asked him if he was related to a player. I got a pic of them but I didnt ask his permission to post it. ARod looks exactly like his Dad.

For those that have issue with what I wrote about ARod I didn't have a problem with him not signing autos or shaking hands. The fact he didn't just turn around and wave at the crowd was my issue. People where chanting his name (after a bad performance no less) and all he had to do was look back and drop even a head nod on his fans. I understand he likely wasnt pleased with the game but no one was talking trash to him. Just a bunch of people who came to see the new Packers QB. I dont hate the guy, it is just my opinion of the situation.

Bretsky
08-18-2008, 08:23 PM
Good write up; I have no issues pointing out AROD was not courteous to the fans. James Jones is a total class act; he made his tour around the state and was gracious to everybody.

retailguy
08-18-2008, 08:24 PM

You are a little bitch!

I can sum up this debate with two little cut & paste....

One is age 4, the other is age 5......

Lurker64
08-18-2008, 08:25 PM
My guess is that Rodgers was just in a pretty bad mood, angry about the game and/or angry at himself, and he just didn't feel like dealing with other people at that moment. I suppose in retrospect, with a cool head, he would have absolutely acknowledged the crowd, but when you're pissed off you don't always make the right choices.

It's like how when you're a kid/teenager and you're really pissed off about something, and your mom wants to help, but you just don't want to deal with anybody, so you snap at her even though you know, rationally, she has your best interest in mind.

People, when pissed off, don't always make the right choices. It happens.

MadtownPacker
08-18-2008, 08:28 PM
{ilr]3]Good read, even though it was disappointing to here that about A-Rod. You would like to think that maybe there was something else he needed to attend to, but that this was a homecoming of sorts for him it would only make sense that he would make time for fans as this point in his career. I dont know at what point in Favre's career he became untouchable, but I am sure Aaron is not there yet.I guess that is how I felt about it too. It was the return for Jones too and he was eating it up like a star. In 2006 Tony Moll couldn't get enough of it either.

MadtownPacker
08-18-2008, 08:31 PM

Have you met him?

I have.

3 times.

MadTown was there and I doubt he'd write an article about the situation if it wasn't worth tellingSo are you saying I am lying? Believe me I would have said what happened if he had 3 thrown 3TD and was doing cartwheels to the bus. Say Im an ass but dont call me a liar.

Tyrone Bigguns
08-18-2008, 08:32 PM

You are a little bitch!

I can sum up this debate with two little cut & paste....

One is age 4, the other is age 5......

And, you are the 7 year old that thinks he is the mature one. :roll:

MadtownPacker
08-18-2008, 08:36 PM
TB - Can wyou please not trash this thread? Just this one? Please.

Thank you

Tyrone Bigguns
08-18-2008, 08:41 PM

Have you met him?

I have.

3 times.

MadTown was there and I doubt he'd write an article about the situation if it wasn't worth tellingSo are you saying I am lying? Believe me I would have said what happened if he had 3 thrown 3TD and was doing cartwheels to the bus. Say Im an ass but dont call me a liar.

I don't think he is calling you a liar.

paco took your comments..and some of your speculation to basically call arod lacking character.

He is saying that in the times he met him...he was cordial. Paco is calling him a jackass based off your report...and chevelle is now saying that should he discount his first hand experiences because you had an experience?

The real point is this..paco and others are just going to take whatever they can and twist it to insult Arod. Arod has done nothing wrong. He is a member of the packers..and we should all be behind him. That doesn't mean he is above criticism..but, the personal attacks and speculation are getting a bit much.

Arod says something..he is throwing the team under the bus. Or, we could say he is taking a leadership stance. Either one could be true.

But, we have certain posters who are just going to always choose the negative perspective no matter what.

Tyrone Bigguns
08-18-2008, 08:42 PM

Thank you

Trash it...shouldn't you be saying that to the person that is trashing me. Retail takes his potshots at me whenever he can. Do you not acknowledge that?

I don't trash threads...no more than any other poster.

I have presented logical and sound arguments.

MadtownPacker
08-18-2008, 08:50 PM
For the record I dont think this is typical of ARod but it looks to me like the incredible pressure to succeed is bothering him. When he was talking to his family (looked like some uncles along with his parents) they appeared to be consoling him kinda. even Kampman stepped over for a second and spoke to ARod.

MadtownPacker
08-18-2008, 08:52 PM

I guess he has to do it after EVERY game and EVERY practice, so some people don't get their fucking panties up in a bunch.I dont wear panties so watch your mouth.

The comment I bolded is what I have always heard about him also and why I was surprised by it. As mentioned, he didnt have to sign anything but a hello to the fans wasnt going to kill anyone.

MadtownPacker
08-18-2008, 08:54 PM
"I could swear I saw him cringe"...maybe he did, maybe he didn't. Maybe he cringed because he was trying ot spend a few moments with his family and some idiot is yelling his name.You like facts, there you go. Called me an idiot well before RG jumped in. Did I attack you first?

Zool
08-18-2008, 08:54 PM

Thank you

Trash it...shouldn't you be saying that to the person that is trashing me. Retail takes his potshots at me whenever he can. Do you not acknowledge that?

Maybe you could just start letting it go and not giving ammo? They respond with 1 word jabs and you come back with 7 paragraphs. They arent less guilty of it than you, but change has to happen somewhere. This place is turning into the same 5-6 people taking potshots at each other in every fucking thread and I'm tired of it, Mad's tired of it, hell probably everyone but you 5-6 people are tired of having to sift through mountains of shit to get to interesting opinions. I dont mean to single you out so specifically Ty, but you tend to be in the middle of 90% of these things.

Its time for you guys to stop treating this forum like your personal verbal sparring ring. Its driving people away and making regular posters into casual readers. Time to start policing yourselves and realizing what you posters are doing to the entire place before the mods and Mad have to actually do something about it. We don't want to, but we don't want the forum to shrivel up and die.

Chevelle2
08-18-2008, 08:55 PM

Have you met him?

I have.

3 times.

I don't think he is calling you a liar.

paco took your comments..and some of your speculation to basically call arod lacking character.

He is saying that in the times he met him...he was cordial. Paco is calling him a jackass based off your report...and chevelle is now saying that should he discount his first hand experiences because you had an experience?

The real point is this..paco and others are just going to take whatever they can and twist it to insult Arod. Arod has done nothing wrong. He is a member of the packers..and we should all be behind him. That doesn't mean he is above criticism..but, the personal attacks and speculation are getting a bit much.

Arod says something..he is throwing the team under the bus. Or, we could say he is taking a leadership stance. Either one could be true.

But, we have certain posters who are just going to always choose the negative perspective no matter what.

You got it, thanks for having my back TB

MadtownPacker
08-18-2008, 09:01 PM
This is ludicrous. If you've watched the players a lot going to and from the stadium before and after the games, more than half don't even acknowledge the fans. It's silly to brand any label on them for that. They are getting ready for a game in their own way. This is pretty juvenile.Is it really? I can understand before or during the game but after when you are just standing by the side of the bus?

New QB, telling the fans to jump on the bandwagon or shut up, and then when a bunch who are on the bandwagon chant your name 10 ft away from you and you cant even nod your head at them? Maybe you think it is juvenile but I think it was wrong.

Tyrone Bigguns
08-18-2008, 09:01 PM
"I could swear I saw him cringe"...maybe he did, maybe he didn't. Maybe he cringed because he was trying ot spend a few moments with his family and some idiot is yelling his name.You like facts, there you go. Called me an idiot well before RG jumped in. Did I attack you first?

Mad,

You are personalizing that. I wasn't calling you an idiot. I was talking about in general, i'm sure you weren't the only one there calling out his name.

I was just giving examples of how two people can see the same thing and have two different speculations/interpretations of what happened.

Tyrone Bigguns
08-18-2008, 09:11 PM

Thank you

Maybe you could just start letting it go and not giving ammo? They respond with 1 word jabs and you come back with 7 paragraphs. They arent less guilty of it than you, but change has to happen somewhere. This place is turning into the same 5-6 people taking potshots at each other in every fucking thread and I'm tired of it, Mad's tired of it, hell probably everyone but you 5-6 people are tired of having to sift through mountains of shit to get to interesting opinions. I dont mean to single you out so specifically Ty, but you tend to be in the middle of 90% of these things.

Its time for you guys to stop treating this forum like your personal verbal sparring ring. Its driving people away and making regular posters into casual readers. Time to start policing yourselves and realizing what you posters are doing to the entire place before the mods and Mad have to actually do something about it. We don't want to, but we don't want the forum to shrivel up and die.

1. I responded to a pot shot..with a jab.
2. I hear your point about excessive response.
3. I rarely take pot shots at the person...you are much more guilty of taking potshots at me than i am of you. I rarely, if ever, just take a jab outta nowhere on someone.
4. If i counter, it is with logic and reason.
5. If you are sick of it...think about what has caused it. I have stayed out till very recently about the Favre stuff. That is what has caused quite a bit. Check my posts..i wasn't commenting much on favre pre trade..it was ridiculous and tiresome. I, like others, am tired of reading that shit..and now you are seeing me on it.

I pointed out to Paco that he was bringing this crap into the brewers forum. Ok, i'm responding..so that perpetuates it..but, like football...the instant replay clearly shows who is iniating this shit.

6. Police ourselves....ok, perhaps you could mention that to those that take potshots at me. Yourself, Retail (who openly said that it is ok for him to do so..because that is what we do..which, i said was fine..cause i'm a big boy..but, i never take potshots at him), Roark, Partial, etc. By potshot, i mean a post that insults the person without addressing that persons post.

You might consider leading by example. :oops:

I have yet to see you or anybody come down on Nutz or Skin..i cant' remember which..who was coming down hard on Gex or Paco..again can't remember which.

retailguy
08-18-2008, 09:16 PM

Thank you

Trashing you? Please. Zool nailed the whole thing. If he keeps it up, I might even withdraw my whole characterization of being sarcastic, which was meant in jest of course.

Ty, my biggest problem with you is that you HAVE TO have the last word. HAVE TO. There is a 14 page thread in the garbage can about cellular telephones that proves that you and Partial are both incapable of not having the last word.

I wasn't trying to attack you, nor was I trying to start something. I was just illustrating (or trying to) how stupid your argument with Pacopete was...

MTP - I really did enjoy your article and I appreciate the insight. Apologies that I contributed to "trashing" your thread.

Zool
08-18-2008, 09:22 PM
3. I rarely take pot shots at the person...you are much more guilty of taking potshots at me than i am of you. I rarely, if ever, just take a jab outta nowhere on someone.
5. If you are sick of it...think about what has caused it. I have stayed out till very recently about the Favre stuff. That is what has caused quite a bit. Check my posts..i wasn't commenting much on favre pre trade..it was ridiculous and tiresome. I, like others, am tired of reading that shit..and now you are seeing me on it.

I pointed out to Paco that he was bringing this crap into the brewers forum. Ok, i'm responding..so that perpetuates it..but, like football...the instant replay clearly shows who is iniating this shit.

6. Police ourselves....ok, perhaps you could mention that to those that take potshots at me. Yourself, Retail (who openly said that it is ok for him to do so..because that is what we do..which, i said was fine..cause i'm a big boy..but, i never take potshots at him), Roark, Partial, etc. By potshot, i mean a post that insults the person without addressing that persons post.

I have yet to see you or anybody come down on Nutz or Skin..i cant' remember which..who was coming down hard on Gex or Paco..again can't remember which.

Self fulfilling prophesy with the short story I guess. The first paragraph was aimed at you because you are in the middle of these squabbles a large portion of the time. Your iPhone thread with Partial is ridiculous. I very much have come down on Partial, RG, Skin and Nutz in the past. The second paragraph was more of a broad stroke.

I take jabs at the people who specifically are trying to stir up trouble. You either didnt realize, or just didnt pay attention. There's a couple people who only come here to post shit. I have zero respect for pot stirrers. They get what they get. Its exactly what they are looking for, I know this, but its fun for me.

What I dont do is get into 6, 7, 15 page threads arguing minutia and spend my time here correcting everyone about shades of grey. I probably could have eliminated the first paragraph in my initial post but you have got to calm down with this internet persona of yours. Its turning people away and its my job to attempt to make that stop.

You do add good content to many threads, but you've brought on all of these jabs yourself by having your specific style. Its not like you got here and people started including you as someone who annoys them.

Paco is the same way. He starts good threads, then completely useless ones for reaction, so you're in a pot-kettle situation there calling him out specifically. "But Timmy did it too" doesnt fly in the adult world. If I took shots at you, they were in jest and you know that. We've never had anything bad between us that I recall.

Again I'll have to apologize for singling you out, but it holds true. This place is starting to slide downhill in a hurry and there's a small portion of the populace thats doing it.

Tyrone Bigguns
08-18-2008, 09:23 PM

Thank you

Trashing you? Please. Zool nailed the whole thing. If he keeps it up, I might even withdraw my whole characterization of being sarcastic, which was meant in jest of course.

Ty, my biggest problem with you is that you HAVE TO have the last word. HAVE TO. There is a 14 page thread in the garbage can about cellular telephones that proves that you and Partial are both incapable of not having the last word.

I wasn't trying to attack you, nor was I trying to start something. I was just illustrating (or trying to) how stupid your argument with Pacopete was...

MTP - I really did enjoy your article and I appreciate the insight. Apologies that I contributed to "trashing" your thread.

You have taken shots...to deny that is foolish.

Last word: Pot meet kettle. For that matter, we could put numerous posters.

Phone: It is a discussion. But, if you actually looked at it..i rarely, if ever start the discussion again. Usually it goes a while with nothing posted..and then partial puts something up. I then respond to it. There is something up right now..again, but i'm not responding. So, you are wrong on that.

It is just a goof for me. The difference is that i don't expect anything to change from it. And, i also know that partial is baiting..and sometimes it is just fun to take the bait.

But, you of course, like many other times, get the facts wrong. I didn't start in that thread till after you. It was long started before i even made a comment..and after i did, plenty of others were commenting. Don't let the facts get in the way. :roll:

Paco: Sorry, but i disagree. You and others may think the forum is being ruined by the argument, but i and others think it is being ruined by the constant Favre whining, arod bashing, tt bashing, etc.

Every thread is being infested with it..and, if i can just ignore it...then you can do the same with my posts. You can't have it both ways.

I'm not the first to state this..and to go off on someone. Funny, i don't you commenting on them though.

Pacopete4
08-18-2008, 09:26 PM

Self fulfilling prophesy with the short story I guess. The first paragraph was aimed at you because you are in the middle of these squabbles a large portion of the time. Your iPhone thread with Partial is ridiculous. I very much have come down on Partial, RG, Skin and Nutz in the past. The second paragraph was more of a broad stroke.

I take jabs at the people who specifically are trying to stir up trouble. You either didnt realize, or just didnt pay attention. There's a couple people who only come here to post shit. I have zero respect for pot stirrers. They get what they get. Its exactly what they are looking for, I know this, but its fun for me.

What I dont do is get into 6, 7, 15 page threads arguing minutia and spend my time here correcting everyone about shades of grey. I probably could have eliminated the first paragraph in my initial post but you have got to calm down with this internet persona of yours. Its turning people away and its my job to attempt to make that stop.

You do add good content to many threads, but you've brought on all of these jabs yourself by having your specific style. Its not like you got here and people started including you as someone who annoys them.

Paco is the same way. He starts good threads, then completely useless ones for reaction, so you're in a pot-kettle situation there calling him out specifically. "But Timmy did it too" doesnt fly in the adult world. If I took shots at you, they were in jest and you know that. We've never had anything bad between us that I recall.

Again I'll have to apologize for singling you out, but it holds true. This place is starting to slide downhill in a hurry and there's a small portion of the populace thats doing it.

I'm doing my best to clean that up Zool but I really just cant stand Ty and his know it all attitude...

Zool
08-18-2008, 09:28 PM
I've actually noticed this Paco and believe me its much appreciated, but this cant turn into a place where you have a specific vendetta against one poster and reply to all of his posts with vitriol. If you have a problem with a poster, just ignore them.

Pacopete4
08-18-2008, 09:29 PM
will do

Zool
08-18-2008, 09:32 PM
Damn I dont mean to be so specific to say this to you Paco, its not just you. I don't mean this place to become some sort of fuckin Mary Poppins happy-go-lucky circle jerk, but its gone too far lately.

Pacopete4
08-18-2008, 09:35 PM
Damn I dont mean to be so specific to say this to you Paco, its not just you. I don't mean this place to become some sort of fuckin Mary Poppins happy-go-lucky circle jerk, but its gone too far lately.

No, no... its all taken in stride Zool... I am sick of the BS too, some which I have created. I don't want this forum to go any more south than it has been with some of the crap we've been pulling lately, so... time for a change

If Rodgers fails though.. you better ban me! haha just joking

Tyrone Bigguns
08-18-2008, 09:36 PM

Iphone: why? Who does it hurt? But, i answered this to Retail..you can read my answer there.

Jabs: No, i'm not talking about that. You have made jabs. Deny it. But, it is the truth. I can take it, but lead by example. If you think that i'm wrong..then call out what is wrong..but, to just take a shot because you think i'm being a know it all..is just a pot shot. I'm right, quite often.

I know they are in jest. But, if you don't think that it then creates an atmosphere..then you are in denial.

Paco: You are missing the point. It isn't a pot/kettle thing. I and others are FUCKING TIRED of the Favre thing, the constant arod bashing, etc. It infests every thread. And, it is on my nerves..and if they continue then they are gonna be called out.

ty: Not denying what you say, but i also think that in the past 4-6 months this forum has acquired some posters who are bringing out the worst. Ty was relatively benign for a long time. What changed?

BallHawk
08-18-2008, 09:39 PM
And this thread is a prime example of why I don't read the Packer forum as much as I used to.

Mad wrote an article about what he saw. He wasn't presenting it as fact, just his personal observations. You know, maybe you agree with him, maybe you don't, but it's still a thread about the article he wrote.

Then the thread gets polluted with flaming and name-calling. And it all goes downhill. It's a shame to see this, because we used to have damn good discussions here. We still do, but more and more of it is being replaced with this time of petty fighting.

I hope we can get back to where we were, because if this stuff keeps up we're going to start losing members.

Zool

No, no... its all taken in stride Zool... I am sick of the BS too, some which I have created. I don't want this forum to go any more south than it has been with some of the crap we've been pulling lately, so... time for a change

If Rodgers fails its on Rodgers and MM and Tedly, and quite possibly the guards with thumbs up each others asses.

Maybe a pre-emptive banning is in order? Nah, I think Aaron will be fine after the midway point this year. I expect a rocky road to start the season.

Tyrone Bigguns

Rodgers: And, that is fine. Go ahead. I, nor anyone else is against that.

It is just the constant looking to bash him that is getting tired.

Think about it....what if i bashed Donald Driver every time i got the chance..you and others would be sick of it.

Tyrone Bigguns
08-18-2008, 09:42 PM
And this thread is a prime example of why I don't read the Packer forum as much as I used to.

Mad wrote an article about what he saw. He wasn't presenting it as fact, just his personal observations. You know, maybe you agree with him, maybe you don't, but it's still a thread about the article he wrote.

Then the thread gets polluted with flaming and name-calling. And it all goes downhill. It's a shame to see this, because we used to have damn good discussions here. We still do, but more and more of it is being replaced with this time of petty fighting.

I hope we can get back to where we were, because if this stuff keeps up we're going to start losing members.

Ok. I hear you. I will work from my side.

I stopped reading in here and posting quite a bit during the whole pre trade thing....and now that the season is FINALLY here i would just like to talk packers.

I'm just fed up with the whole Favre lover/arod lover/favre hater/tt snake/etc.

Pacopete4
08-18-2008, 09:42 PM

Think about it....what if i bashed Donald Driver every time i got the chance..you and others would be sick of it.

Can you stop yet?... Hate me all you want, but I'm done fighting with you so just talk about the subject or leave me outta the convo.. thank you

Tyrone Bigguns
08-18-2008, 09:45 PM

Can you stop yet?... Hate me all you want, but I'm done fighting with you so just talk about the subject or leave me outta the convo.. thank you

Dude, i was agreeing with you. When Arod fails..or if he fails...your complaints are more than welcome.

Hate: I don't hate anyone. I hate your bashing posts on arod/tt, but i dont' hate you. You have other times good posts that bring up valid points.

BallHawk
08-18-2008, 09:46 PM

Everybody is. Because of the tension and the sides that were drawn by people during the Favre saga, people always view things as indirect shots at Favre/Aaron/Ted.

Pacopete4
08-18-2008, 09:48 PM
Sorry Ty, misread that... but I think you should bash DD for not catching the damn ball lately, been really disappointing cuz I love Driver

Zool
08-18-2008, 09:49 PM
Iphone: why? Who does it hurt? But, i answered this to Retail..you can read my answer there.

Jabs: No, i'm not talking about that. You have made jabs. Deny it. But, it is the truth. I can take it, but lead by example. If you think that i'm wrong..then call out what is wrong..but, to just take a shot because you think i'm being a know it all..is just a pot shot. I'm right, quite often.

I know they are in jest. But, if you don't think that it then creates an atmosphere..then you are in denial.

Paco: You are missing the point. It isn't a pot/kettle thing. I and others are FUCKING TIRED of the Favre thing, the constant arod bashing, etc. It infests every thread. And, it is on my nerves..and if they continue then they are gonna be called out.

ty: Not denying what you say, but i also think that in the past 4-6 months this forum has acquired some posters who are bringing out the worst. Ty was relatively benign for a long time. What changed?

Everyone is tired of the Favre thing from every angle. Some people still want to discuss him, others don't, and still others have a car-wreck curiosity about how he's doing. If you want to call them out then do so.

I take jabs at people, I said that. I also said, this isn't a kid friendly forum per-say. But this is not a pulpit for people to respond to another individuals every post. If you want to tell Paco to eat a pile of rabbit santorum, then do it, and leave it. Quality over quantity.

There's been people here that I would ban because they say stupid shit on a bi-minutely basis but that sets a bad precedence so it doesn't happen. Instead I skim every one of their posts just in case. Thats my role here as mod.

I like this place. Its a cool place to talk shit with people, and get all the Packer news I care to read condensed into one local. I don't want that to stop. And thats all I got to say about that.

HarveyWallbangers
08-18-2008, 09:55 PM
Good write up; I have no issues pointing out AROD was not courteous to the fans. James Jones is a total class act; he made his tour around the state and was gracious to everybody.

You mean the same tour that Rodgers took last year? Rumors are he was gracious to everybody.

http://www.packers.com/news/stories/2007/05/01/2/

Bretsky
08-18-2008, 09:59 PM

You mean the same tour that Rodgers took last year? Rumors are he was gracious to everybody.

http://www.packers.com/news/stories/2007/05/01/2/

I have no clue if it was the same tour or not; I just know Jones is very courteous and was that way when the Packer basketball team toured the state as well. With AROD, rumors are he recently told people to get on board or shut their mouths too ........sorry...don't have the link

Gosh for a tech savvy guy like yourself one would think you'd have the auto pop up box checked so you read your PM's

:wink: :lol:

Tyrone Bigguns
08-18-2008, 10:00 PM

Everybody is. Because of the tension and the sides that were drawn by people during the Favre saga, people always view things as indirect shots at Favre/Aaron/Ted.

True.

It has gotten to the point that you can't post anything without certain posters twisting it to take a shot.

Ty post seeing tt look both ways before crossing the road.

poster: God damn, tt...always being conservative, never pulls the trigger.

And, down the rabbit hole we go.

Zool
08-18-2008, 10:01 PM
Its not an excuse for Aaron, but its understandable if he was pissed about how he played, or possibly coach ripped him a new one in the locker room. He needs to suck it up and play nice with the people who pay his salary, but I can understand if he screwed up and acted like he did. So long as he only does it on the road, he'll be fine.

HarveyWallbangers
08-18-2008, 10:02 PM
There have been players (and other celebrities for that matter) that have been pretty much complete a-holes when I met them. I personally don't sweat it. People can be in bad moods. I can't imagine how it would be that 100% of the time you go out, somebody judges you. You can be courteous 98% of the time, but the 2% of the times you don't act perfectly can brand you. You may not like Rodgers, but most that have actually come in contact with him have said he's a solid guy.

I was in Seattle to greet the Bulls during the Championship Series they had with the Sonics awhile back. All of those players were pretty much complete a-holes. The lone exception was Toni Kukoc. Big deal. Doesn't mean that I think they are all a-holes. They were a-holes at that one moment in time. I'm sure somebody else met Kukoc at the wrong time, and think he's an a-hole.

Let's be real here. A lot of people had a bad experience dealing with Brett Favre when he got to Green Bay. That doesn't mean he was like that all of the time. That doesn't mean he didn't grow up and become a better person.

BallHawk
08-18-2008, 10:04 PM
Toni Kukoc is awesome.

Pacopete4
08-18-2008, 10:05 PM
There have been players (and other celebrities for that matter) that have been pretty much complete a-holes when I met them. I personally don't sweat it. People can be in bad moods. I can't imagine how it would be that 100% of the time you go out, somebody judges you. You can be courteous 98% of the time, but the 2% of the times you don't act perfectly can brand you. You may not like Rodgers, but most that have actually come in contact with him have said he's a solid guy.

I was in Seattle to greet the Bulls during the Championship Series they had with the Sonics awhile back. All of those players were pretty much complete a-holes. The lone exception was Toni Kukoc. Big deal. Doesn't mean that I think they are all a-holes. They were a-holes at that one moment in time. I'm sure somebody else met Kukoc at the wrong time, and think he's an a-hole.

Let's be real here. A lot of people had a bad experience dealing with Brett Favre when he got to Green Bay. That doesn't mean he was like that all of the time. That doesn't mean he didn't grow up and become a better person.

Favre was booted from a bar not far from Superior with Winters and Chumura... people here still remember it to this day but now that he's done so much and people have actually gotten to see the real Brett, people don't even think it was a big deal

sad to say Chewy's image has never recovered haha

Tyrone Bigguns
08-18-2008, 10:05 PM

QFT

Tyrone Bigguns
08-18-2008, 10:08 PM
Its not an excuse for Aaron, but its understandable if he was pissed about how he played, or possibly coach ripped him a new one in the locker room. He needs to suck it up and play nice with the people who pay his salary, but I can understand if he screwed up and acted like he did. So long as he only does it on the road, he'll be fine.

Maybe it is just ty...but, i never feel like because i purchase a ticket that i'm paying a player's salary. Not with all the money coming from tv.

Would ty like arod to be personable to the fans..sure. Does ty really care..no.

Ty would rather arod lead us to the championship than anything else. Unless someone can show a correlation tween signing autographs and the SB..i could give rat's ass.

Pacopete4
08-18-2008, 10:12 PM

Maybe it is just ty...but, i never feel like because i purchase a ticket that i'm paying a player's salary. Not with all the money coming from tv.

Ty would rather arod lead us to the championship than anything else. Unless someone can show a correlation tween signing autographs and the SB..i could give rat's ass.

I think Eli signed an extreme amount of autographs last season... I'll try to find the stats :P

Zool
08-18-2008, 10:13 PM

Agreed, but give the people a wave and a nod at least. I don't care either way, but I know a lot of peeps like to get close to the players after games. I've never gone for an autograph or tried to talk to a player in any way, but I can see where people would kind of expect a little something. Hell I've only ever bought 1 jersey with a players name on it.

Tyrone Bigguns
08-18-2008, 10:14 PM

I think Eli signed an extreme amount of autographs last season... I'll try to find the stats :P

You need to work on understanding cause and effect.

Ty drank many beers last year...eli won the SB...did Ty cause the win?

Pacopete4
08-18-2008, 10:17 PM

I was being a smartass.. I wasn't serious one bit

obviously signing autographs and winning a SB have nothing to do with each other..

Tyrone Bigguns
08-18-2008, 10:20 PM

Agreed, but give the people a wave and a nod at least. I don't care either way, but I know a lot of peeps like to get close to the players after games. I've never gone for an autograph or tried to talk to a player in any way, but I can see where people would kind of expect a little something. Hell I've only ever bought 1 jersey with a players name on it.

I hear you. I guess Ty is a different cat. Ty has never purchased any jerseys. Ty doesn't own any GB hats or clothing. ty owns one badger baseball hat.

Ty said he would prefer him to be personable. But, at the same time..there is something disturbing about jock sniffers, creepy fans, etc. Getting close to the players...the whole thing wierds ty out. Sometimes ty wonders about their lives...like those who were protesting and wanting Favre back (ty is not placing any value on their position..just the fact that they were out there).

Ty can understand children approaching athletes..but, ty doesn't understand adults...well, cept for the women or the gays. :oops:

Tyrone Bigguns
08-18-2008, 10:21 PM

I was being a smartass.. I wasn't serious one bit

obviously signing autographs and winning a SB have nothing to do with each other..

Ty is willing to believe you..though he is committed to drinking as much beers as it takes to insure a packer victory. From last year..seems to be between 6-10.

GBRulz
08-18-2008, 10:48 PM

I agree, BH. You know it's bad when I miss some the old regs like Bulldog :lol:

Bretsky
08-18-2008, 10:49 PM

Good points; my wife had a very bad experience with Brett Favre. But then she puked and moved on to the next bar :lol:

BallHawk
08-18-2008, 10:51 PM

I agree, BH. You know it's bad when I miss some the old regs like Bulldog :lol:

What happened to Bulldog? He hasn't posted in about 2 months.

And I do miss some of the regulars. JSR obviously did his own thing, but he was a cool poster. I'm all for opening our borders, but it was cool when this place was more tight-knit.

GBRulz
08-18-2008, 11:00 PM
What happened to Bulldog? He hasn't posted in about 2 months.

And I do miss some of the regulars. JSR obviously did his own thing, but he was a cool poster. I'm all for opening our borders, but it was cool when this place was more tight-knit.

I'm not sure. BD and I ragged on each other alot, but I really did like the guy. I like to say we had quality arguments :) I know in the summer he spends time up in his cabin, so maybe he'll be around more once the season starts. Then again, like some...maybe they are getting tired of the behavior around here and have started reading elsewhere, too. I dunno.

JSR works on that other packer site...in which I honestly don't even remember the name of.

BallHawk
08-18-2008, 11:03 PM
JSR works on that other packer site...in which I honestly don't even remember the name of.

Thou site that shall not be named. :lol:

GrnBay007
08-19-2008, 01:06 AM
Chevelle2, Pacopete4 and Tyrone Bigguns did it really mean all that much to the 3 of you to shit all over an article posted about a member's experience at a game?

Is it really that important for you to get your name out there ....arguing a bunch of BS and taking away from the point of the entire thread?

Are all 3 of you really that shallow and juvenile? Grow up!!

I'm willing to bet 90% of the members here are sick of of the jabs and trying to make something out of nothing.....it gets really old!! And I'm betting PR is losing respectable posters due to this sickening having to prove a point crap for 4 pages of a thread that was meant to share a game experience....it wasn't meant to be a debate. There's a place for bickering what side you are on....and it wasn't here.

It's really not that difficult. Show respect and you'll get it in return.

Pacopete4
08-19-2008, 01:58 AM
GrnBay007.. thanks for chiming in but I think if you read the stuff we have it under control now.. no need to go and stir it up again

mission
08-19-2008, 02:11 AM
God, Im not even a celebrity and get tired of "the next big thing" trying to push CDs/Demos into my hands everytime I walk into the studio as if I could get just get them a record deal by picking up the phone and telling Jimmy Iovene that "this guy is hot".

I come up with all sorts of reasons on why I dont want to listen to it, or upload it to my dropbox, or mail the cd to the home studio so our A&R gets it (we dont even have an A&R) ...

The guy doesn't mind giving autographs I'm sure... but we all get in moods and people have reasons for everything.

It was probably the same 6 year old who told him he sucked.

Get over it. Rodgers is a super young dude. Put it all into perspective.

Deputy Nutz
08-19-2008, 08:29 AM
Mad, I can't believe you can actually write a coherent article. I didn't even read one word of spanglish slang.

hoosier
08-19-2008, 08:42 AM

Pippen is/was an ahole. A friend's brother ran a moving company in Chicago, and when they moved Pippen it was a massive job and he didn't tip one red cent. They started calling him "No tippin' Pippen." :lol:

Deputy Nutz
08-19-2008, 08:50 AM
you gotta tip your movers and your furniture delivery guys, it is a must.

cpk1994
08-19-2008, 08:58 AM

:bclap: :bclap: :bclap: :bclap: :bclap:

KYPack
08-19-2008, 09:00 AM
That was a great article, very well written.

& I thought Mad did all his writing with a can of spray paint.

SkinBasket
08-19-2008, 09:01 AM
or upload it to my dropbox

Is that ATL slang for taking it in the ass?

sharpe1027
08-19-2008, 09:43 AM

He came out to see his parents eventhough he clearly did not feel like interacting with fans. He could have, like many of the other players, chosen not to come out at all. Instead, he takes the time to talk with his parents. IDK, it doesn't strike me as very strange. He was not in the mood to enjoy fans (from your own admission only partially supportive fans). I don't blame him.

I could totally see an article written about how Rodger's seemed to not care about the lousy play of himself and his team, instead he was taking curtain calls for his personal fan club as if nothing was wrong... :shock:

Partial
08-19-2008, 10:00 AM

Perhaps its my age, but why? Isn't that their job?

BallHawk
08-19-2008, 10:07 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBFUDbOldMs

NSFW.

oregonpackfan
08-19-2008, 11:12 AM
I thought Madtown's article was well written and insightful. All this name-calling, etc. is downright juvenile.

A couple of posters mentioned the poise that the parents of Aaron Rodgers showed. As a parent, I understand the feeling of wanting to protect your child.

In one of my daughter's high school softball games, a couple of guys began to criticize my daughter when she grounded out with a runner on base. Part of me wanted to silence the loudest one with a left hood to the jaw! :x

The sane part of me just said, "You might be interested to know that my daughter's batting average of .389 is the second highest on the team!"

Following that comment I just glared at them. Shocked and embarrased, they were silent for the rest of the game.

mission
08-19-2008, 11:30 AM
or upload it to my dropbox

Is that ATL slang for taking it in the ass?

kinda.

there's an implied -- and additional -- "... to mouth" after it.

ATM baby. All day.

GrnBay007
08-21-2008, 01:25 AM
No this comes off poorly...It comes off worse...yet I offer a crisp $100 bill to anyone who doesn't shed a tear laughing who read THIS....

You seem kinda weird at times, but you sure make me laugh with some of the stuff you come up with! :P

SnakeLH2006
08-21-2008, 01:28 AM
:?

woodbuck27
08-21-2008, 01:11 PM
Yup Aaron Rodgers can get it done but it's going to take 'one helluva man in him' to get there.

Is he capable of that? Do we really know? Again, that's up to Aaron Rodgers and what we THINK is moot. How he handles it all this and next season. Ohh yes, he's Ted's boy and he gets a FREE pass this season. Afterall, Ted knows the heat. The pressure cooker of the heat, and he's in it right now or has Green Bay TOP Brass given Ole teddy Carte Blanch?

Who does Green Bay TOP Brass report to? The same fella I expect that I do and I think they fail the nod test in him. Wondering what their argument will be? hahaa. I'd like to be 'the Brett Favre supporting Packer fan by all means on the wall of that conference room.

Ohhh the sqealing. :D

SkinBasket
08-21-2008, 01:35 PM
No this comes off poorly...It comes off worse...yet I offer a crisp $100 bill to anyone who doesn't shed a tear laughing who read THIS....

You seem kinda weird, but you sure make me laugh with some of the stuff you come up with! :P

Yeah well hey Sassy Rat, you and I know..I'm here for the laughs, but also a college grad with Packer cred. I'm here for the majority....Go Brett! LOL (BTW, kinda fucked up, but yea, I'm kinda messed up with morals, but my older brother the valedictorian 4.0 at St. Norbert's (who is an MD ((medical doctor)) is good bro's with Brett Favre (he was All-State TE in 1991 D3 colllege...look if you doubt it and they (Brett, Chuey, Winters) drank together as young'ens' at the Green Knight in De Pere when Brett was traded to GB busting up dudes for much less than T-shirt JH (sorry you complete badass who makes Chuck Norris a bitch obviously with the T-shirt mayhem)... and they still hang out once a year doing grill outs in Appleton where my bro signed a 5 year 3.8 million dollar contract heading their orthepedic hospital....he worked on Brett's busted finger in 2002 and have the article hangin' on my fridge yet).

He won't let me get around Brett but sends me pics when they (my bro and his wife) hang out with Brett and Deanna. It's cool, but he knows I'll get drunk and say something dumb.....so I'm relegated to the Packer forums. :cry: My bro is the cool ass dude who sent that letter to my email, so am I really that bad?? LOL I mean hey, where's the fucking remote? Is that so much to ask? :lol: :roll:

You forgot to add your middle name and social security number.

bobblehead
08-21-2008, 01:41 PM

Pippen is/was an ahole. A friend's brother ran a moving company in Chicago, and when they moved Pippen it was a massive job and he didn't tip one red cent. They started calling him "No tippin' Pippen." :lol:

Him, Michael Jordan and Tiger woods are notorious amongst las vegas dealers as major league stiffs. Barkley, cadillac williams and ben affleck are known as superior tippers. Just shows that class....and lack thereof...is equally spread amongst all spectrums of society.

bobblehead
08-21-2008, 01:47 PM

With movers and such I think you tip if they are very good and offer the little things...like being extra careful and maybe moving things into position in the right room. If they aren't so careful and simply get things from a to b, maybe not so much of a tip.

hoosier
08-21-2008, 01:57 PM

You seem kinda weird, but you sure make me laugh with some of the stuff you come up with! :P

Yeah well hey Sassy Rat, you and I know..I'm here for the laughs, but also a college grad with Packer cred. I'm here for the majority....Go Brett! LOL (BTW, kinda fucked up, but yea, I'm kinda messed up with morals, but my older brother the valedictorian 4.0 at St. Norbert's (who is an MD ((medical doctor)) is good bro's with Brett Favre (he was All-State TE in 1991 D3 colllege...look if you doubt it and they (Brett, Chuey, Winters) drank together as young'ens' at the Green Knight in De Pere when Brett was traded to GB busting up dudes for much less than T-shirt JH (sorry you complete badass who makes Chuck Norris a bitch obviously with the T-shirt mayhem)... and they still hang out once a year doing grill outs in Appleton where my bro signed a 5 year 3.8 million dollar contract heading their orthepedic hospital....he worked on Brett's busted finger in 2002 and have the article hangin' on my fridge yet).

He won't let me get around Brett but sends me pics when they (my bro and his wife) hang out with Brett and Deanna. It's cool, but he knows I'll get drunk and say something dumb.....so I'm relegated to the Packer forums. :cry: My bro is the cool ass dude who sent that letter to my email, so am I really that bad?? LOL I mean hey, where's the fucking remote? Is that so much to ask? :lol: :roll:

What ever would give him that idea?

imscott72
08-21-2008, 02:09 PM

Thank you

Its time for you guys to stop treating this forum like your personal verbal sparring ring. Its driving people away and making regular posters into casual readers.

Exactly. This is why I quit coming in here the first time for awhile. Looks like things haven't changed much. There are some real quality posters that hang here, but the verbal spats really get old and eventually force me to go elsewhere for Packer chat. I really don't want to leave again, but if people can't grow up and debate like adults I won't hesitate to leave again.

Tyrone Bigguns
08-21-2008, 04:50 PM
Chevelle2, Pacopete4 and Tyrone Bigguns did it really mean all that much to the 3 of you to shit all over an article posted about a member's experience at a game?

I never shit upon his article. You might work on reading my posts and finding where i did that.

bobblehead
08-21-2008, 07:42 PM

Thank you

Its time for you guys to stop treating this forum like your personal verbal sparring ring. Its driving people away and making regular posters into casual readers.

Exactly. This is why I quit coming in here the first time for awhile. Looks like things haven't changed much. There are some real quality posters that hang here, but the verbal spats really get old and eventually force me to go elsewhere for Packer chat. I really don't want to leave again, but if people can't grow up and debate like adults I won't hesitate to leave again.

Please show me any chat site that doesn't occassionally devolve to potshots and spitting matches...it ain't out there.

Rastak
08-21-2008, 07:45 PM

Thank you

Please show me any chat site that doesn't occassionally devolve to potshots and spitting matches...it ain't out there.

Sounds like a hypothetical site with mature people discussing things in a calm manner rather than hiding behind the internet and acting like total assholes. :)

You make it sound like it's not possible. Toss out all the idiots and this is what you are left with.

imscott72
08-21-2008, 07:50 PM

Thank you

Occasionally is one thing. Nearly every thread is just plain annoying and repulsive.

retailguy
08-21-2008, 08:06 PM

Thank you

I can show you one. I frequent an acoustic guitar site that doesn't permit ANY potshots or spitting matches. You get warned, then you get banned.

BallHawk
08-21-2008, 08:07 PM
Occasionally is one thing. Nearly every thread is just plain annoying and repulsive.

Go to the Brewer forum. It's peaceful there.

Rastak
08-21-2008, 08:10 PM

Thank you

I can show you one. I frequent an acoustic guitar site that doesn't permit ANY potshots or spitting matches. You get warned, then you get banned.

Actually I know of a forum also that gives a warning for a personal attack and you are gone if you do it again. 99% of the discussions are civil.

imscott72
08-21-2008, 08:18 PM

Is that your approach to this? Just tell people to go elsewhere? :roll:

imscott72
08-21-2008, 08:26 PM

Thank you

Actually I know of a forum also that gives a warning for a personal attack and you are gone if you do it again. 99% of the discussions are civil.

I belong to several other forums, one of them I help moderate, and this is by far the most uncivil of them all. It's not even close. I'm all for a spirited debate, but the name calling and cheap shots are totally uncalled for. You can definitely tell who the kids are and who the adults are around here.

Badgerinmaine
08-21-2008, 09:03 PM
I thought the article was thorough and well-written. I would personally be a little easier on Rodgers; he's under a lot more pressure than the other players mentioned, and given the abuse he got from some people the past few weeks, I could see where he'd be a bit cautious. Overall, though, it was a very useful contribution and I'm glad Mad wrote it.

BallHawk
08-21-2008, 09:13 PM

Is that your approach to this? Just tell people to go elsewhere? :roll:

Um, I mean the Brewer forum on PackerRats. We are more civil in there, for the most part.

But I think that's mainly because baseball fans are more intelligent than football fans. :whist:

Badgerinmaine
08-21-2008, 09:15 PM
Um, I mean the Brewer forum on PackerRats. We are more civil in there, for the most part.

Life has been peaches and cream in there since we stopped you from starting series threads, Hawk. :P :P :P

BallHawk
08-21-2008, 09:17 PM

Life has been peaches and cream in there since we stopped you from starting series threads, Hawk. :P :P :P

That thread is going to follow me around for the rest of my posting career. :lol:

Be careful, though, BIM, you never know when I may jump out and start a series thread and destroy the mojo we got going. If I dare, I may even start the Divisional Playoff Series thread if we make it there. Won't that be fun? :D

Deputy Nutz
08-21-2008, 09:23 PM

Thank you

I belong to several other forums, one of them I help moderate, and this is by far the most uncivil of them all. It's not even close. I'm all for a spirited debate, but the name calling and cheap shots are totally uncalled for. You can definitely tell who the kids are and who the adults are around here.

This is by far the best forum I belong to simply because you have a lot of freedoms here. I think we have gotten a lot of new posters here since JSO switched their forums to the sportsbubbler, and also we have had a very difficult and painful couple of months with the loss of Brett Favre. I don't know any other Packer forum that is going to get extremely heated over this situation, and if it doesn't, it isn't much of a forum.

BallHawk
08-21-2008, 09:28 PM
Nutz is right, we do have a helluva lot of freedom here. Mods are lenient, just don't post CP and you're basically good to go.

But with great freedom comes great responsibility...i.e. don't be a dick.

Badgerinmaine
08-21-2008, 09:30 PM
That thread is going to follow me around for the rest of my posting career. :lol:

Sure will if I have anything to say about it. 8-) 8-) 8-)
The rest of your post sounds like some sort of blackmail threat. :lol:

Back to the topic at hand...yeah, sometimes there's a little too much personal criticism around here, but for a sports board, it isn't too bad. I've seen much worse. In general, if people are trying to be helpful with offering information, or a point of view, it's better not to pick every little thing about it apart, I think. I don't need the conflict, myself.

Deputy Nutz
08-21-2008, 09:32 PM
Nutz is right, we do have a helluva lot of freedom here. Mods are lenient, just don't post CP and you're basically good to go.

Are you calling me a dick?

BallHawk
08-21-2008, 09:33 PM

Are you calling me a dick?

No, but I can clearly see you're Nutz.

Badgerinmaine
08-21-2008, 09:36 PM

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I may have to quote that one in one of my classes. That was fun.

Besides, as we know in the NFC North, being a Dick does not work out too well:
http://www.kcchiefs.com/mm/images/dropc/ch/dj.jpg

Zool
08-21-2008, 10:12 PM

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I may have to quote that one in one of my classes. That was fun.

Besides, as we know in the NFC North, being a Dick does not work out too well:
http://www.kcchiefs.com/mm/images/dropc/ch/dj.jpg

He doesn't do too well in the AFC East either.

Tyrone Bigguns
08-21-2008, 10:17 PM

It's peaceful cause we argue/debate using facts and figures...witness Street, etc.

though, we can devolve when the issue is yost.

Tyrone Bigguns
08-21-2008, 10:23 PM
I thought the article was thorough and well-written. I would personally be a little easier on Rodgers; he's under a lot more pressure than the other players mentioned, and given the abuse he got from some people the past few weeks, I could see where he'd be a bit cautious. Overall, though, it was a very useful contribution and I'm glad Mad wrote it.

I don't think anyone was against Mad's article. Since, i was one of the "combatants" on the thread..i can at least say that for me. I didn't read anybody else that appeared against it.

What i was against was taking Mad's article, which included some speculation, and using that against Arod. To say that because arod didn't sign autographs or acknowledge fans that he is classless or a bad person. He may very well be..but, some of the arod haters/favre lovers...will take any opportunity to bash him.

It is boring and repititive. And, it is/was driving me nuts. This isn't something new....it would be the same for anyone who posts that kinda shit time after time.

How tiring is it to read the same post by woody or merlin that despite whatever the rest of the post is about eventually all ties back into...TT sucks and he blew it.

Bretsky
08-21-2008, 10:33 PM

I don't think anyone was against Mad's article. Since, i was one of the "combatants" on the thread..i can at least say that for me. I didn't read anybody else that appeared against it.

What i was against was taking Mad's article, which included some speculation, and using that against Arod. To say that because arod didn't sign autographs or acknowledge fans that he is classless or a bad person. He may very well be..but, some of the arod haters/favre lovers...will take any opportunity to bash him.

It is boring and repititive. And, it is/was driving me nuts. This isn't something new....it would be the same for anyone who posts that kinda shit time after time.

How tiring is it to read the same post by woody or merlin that despite whatever the rest of the post is about eventually all ties back into...TT sucks and he blew it.

kind of goes both ways Tyrone; I can think of a few posters who look for every excuse in the world to pop in some anti Favre sarcasm and ridicule.

Personally, the two you mentioned would not even make my head shaking list that make me cringe. I just try to keep my emotions out of it; but to be honest I'm sure it's frustrating to many regardless of where things stand.

Hopefully Favre plays AROD in the SuperBowl; no matter how it turns out one would think that should make everybody happy. Plus we'd get a first rounder.

bobblehead
08-21-2008, 10:34 PM

Thank you

This is by far the best forum I belong to simply because you have a lot of freedoms here. I think we have gotten a lot of new posters here since JSO switched their forums to the sportsbubbler, and also we have had a very difficult and painful couple of months with the loss of Brett Favre. I don't know any other Packer forum that is going to get extremely heated over this situation, and if it doesn't, it isn't much of a forum.

I agree with you 100% on this....now if we coud do something about monster long quote boxes. :shock:

MJZiggy
08-21-2008, 10:36 PM
Just delete the parts you don't want remembering to leave the first [ quote] and the matching [/quote]

bobblehead
08-21-2008, 10:40 PM

Yea, til you get bothered 24/7 for an autograph or until everywhere you go people are going for a reaction don't knock the pro athletes.

In all my years of heckling baseball players only one ever responded to me. We were as near centerfield as the HHH would let us and we were wearing kirby puckett out. Calling him doughboy and fatty. At the end of the inning he caught a fly ball at the fence right in front of us and looked up. I still remember his words..."Which of you skinny guys wants to race me to the dugout?" We laughed and howled and loved kirby every since....but still hated the twins until milwaukee went to the NL.

Tyrone Bigguns
08-21-2008, 10:41 PM

kind of goes both ways Tyrone; I can think of a few posters who look for every excuse in the world to pop in some anti Favre sarcasm and ridicule.

Personally, the two you mentioned would not even make my head shaking list that make me cringe. I just try to keep my emotions out of it; but to be honest I'm sure it's frustrating to many regardless of where things stand.

Hopefully Favre plays AROD in the SuperBowl; no matter how it turns out one would think that should make everybody happy. Plus we'd get a first rounder.

Hey, I wasn't saying that i was for those Favre idiots either. I've tried saying the same thing over and over...it is tiring to hear the bashing...favre, arod..or fucking tory humphrey. It doesn't matter.

Those two: well, i would say that those two before the favre drama...and the influx of new posters..or posters that were spurred to post by the favre drama.

I can pretty much tell you that every merlin post will eventually boil down to: TT sucks, arod was given the job, and nall was never given a chance.

SB: Sadly, i don't agree. Some people will not ever be happy.

bobblehead
08-21-2008, 10:42 PM
Just delete the parts you don't want remembering to leave the first [ quote] and the matching [/quote]

I know, was being a smart ass cuz nutz had that huge quote box before me.

Tyrone Bigguns
08-21-2008, 10:44 PM

Yea, til you get bothered 24/7 for an autograph or until everywhere you go people are going for a reaction don't knock the pro athletes.

In all my years of heckling baseball players only one ever responded to me. We were as near centerfield as the HHH would let us and we were wearing kirby puckett out. Calling him doughboy and fatty. At the end of the inning he caught a fly ball at the fence right in front of us and looked up. I still remember his words..."Which of you skinny guys wants to race me to the dugout?" We laughed and howled and loved kirby every since....but still hated the twins until milwaukee went to the NL.

I would tend to agree.

My point is that you really can't draw much of a conclusion based on an instance. I certainly wouldn't think arod/favre or anybody else was good or bad/classless because of one instance.

Fuck, i've been in bad moods and not wanted to deal with people. I certainly can expect that of others.

bobblehead
08-21-2008, 10:45 PM

You comprehend woody's posts? Sorry unwarranted potshot of the very nature we are trying to stop, but I couldn't resist.

Deputy Nutz
08-21-2008, 10:47 PM
Just delete the parts you don't want remembering to leave the first [ quote] and the matching

I know, was being a smart ass cuz nutz had that huge quote box before me.[/quote]

I would like to quote somebody right in the box.

Tyrone Bigguns
08-21-2008, 10:47 PM

You comprehend woody's posts? Sorry unwarranted potshot of the very nature we are trying to stop, but I couldn't resist.

You gotta run'em thru babelfish!

http://babelfish.yahoo.com/

gex
08-23-2008, 04:22 PM

Thank you

I agree with you 100% on this....now if we coud do something about monster long quote boxes. :shock:

QFT

MJZiggy
08-23-2008, 05:47 PM
Which one? You just quoted 10 people? :?

gex
08-23-2008, 06:07 PM
The last two, but I really want the worlds longest quotebox ever.
(if they're gonna go away that is) :lol:

MJZiggy
08-23-2008, 06:15 PM
You don't hold a quotebox candle to Ty and the boys in the RR... :lol: