PDA

View Full Version : Jared Allen

Chevelle2
08-18-2008, 07:22 PM
Says he has a picture of ARod in his locker, and if he doesn't sack him 5 times, he will consider it a failure.

Thoughts?

Pacopete4
08-18-2008, 07:23 PM
the way the line blocks and the way Arod holds onto the ball he may get his 5 in the first half.. theres my thought

Oscar
08-18-2008, 07:31 PM
the way the line blocks and the way Arod holds onto the ball he may get his 5 in the first half.. theres my thought

? For ya...Is that a happy thought??

Pacopete4
08-18-2008, 07:33 PM

? For ya...Is that a happy thought??

Why in the hell would I want to see that happen? I'd be a very pissed off individual come that monday night.. specially the next day hearing it from just about everyone of my pals

Maxie the Taxi
08-18-2008, 07:33 PM
Says he has a picture of ARod in his locker, and if he doesn't sack him 5 times, he will consider it a failure.

Thoughts?

I always thought that kind of crap is mickey mouse, especially when you advertise it. Man up, Allen.

Pacopete4
08-18-2008, 07:35 PM

Thoughts?

I always thought that kind of crap is mickey mouse, especially when you advertise it. Man up, Allen.

Kinda like when Hovan had Bretts jersey in his locker or something? ya.. that really panned out for him haha... They do it for attention mainly because they don't get a lot of it

Brando19
08-18-2008, 07:37 PM
I hope Ryan Grant stiff arms Jared Allen straight to hell.

Pacopete4
08-18-2008, 07:41 PM

I'd just be happy with Clifton stuffing his ass all game long and shutting up the purple people eater fans and their "great" pickup

]{ilr]3
08-18-2008, 07:41 PM
My thoughts are that our O-line will still match up well against the Vikings. Allen will be a challenge sure, but we always get our asses handed to us by 3-4 defenses which the 49ers were using a lot of. So I dont think that the 49ers game is a real good indication of how the regular season will go. The only team on our regular schedule that run a 3-4 Defense is the Cowboys that I am aware of.

Allen is good, but he is one player. Our team knows the Vikings defense and they know our offense. It will be a good game like always, but we can attack thier weekness better than they can attack ours.

Thats my take on it :)

HarveyWallbangers
08-18-2008, 07:43 PM
I'd just be happy with Clifton stuffing his ass all game long

Hopefully, he can repeat last year's performance.

Pacopete4
08-18-2008, 07:46 PM
I think he gave up a sack last season, I could be wrong though..

Bretsky
08-18-2008, 08:08 PM

Thoughts?

he should set his goals higher

GBRulz
08-18-2008, 08:10 PM
LMAO

MadtownPacker
08-18-2008, 08:38 PM
I see hovan was already brought up. First thing I thought too.

What an sad clown allen is, trying hard to look like a badass for the purple. :lol:

motife
08-18-2008, 08:40 PM
I think Clifton has given up almost 5 sacks in his career.

Allen did nothing against Clifton last year.

Favre's eyes in the back of his head ability to avoid a sack, his release time, and quick decisions certainly helped though.

digitaldean
08-18-2008, 08:51 PM

I'd just be happy with Clifton stuffing his ass all game long and shutting up the purple people eater fans and their "great" pickup

A few nice cut blocks from the ZBS wouldn't be bad either.

bobblehead
08-18-2008, 09:13 PM
Those who can...do, those who can't...talk about what they are gonna do.

Ever hear Tauscher talk about how he is gonna shut down Allen, or the dude from seattle?? No, he just goes out and does it. Week after week, game after game, the way a professional is supposed to act.

bobblehead
08-18-2008, 09:14 PM

You're actually wrong quite often, no could about it.

Tyrone Bigguns
08-18-2008, 09:15 PM

QFT

Scott Campbell
08-18-2008, 09:17 PM

Thoughts?

I think he's hitting the bottle again.

Pacopete4
08-18-2008, 09:24 PM

QFT

Seriously, WTF... honestly grow up, please...

Oh and I wasn't wrong.. Allen had 3 tackles, 2 solo, and 1 sack...

Zool
08-18-2008, 09:26 PM

It was .5 and 2 tackles given up against KC and he was soloed on Allen pretty much the entire game with the occasional RB chip.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=271104012

Pacopete4
08-18-2008, 09:28 PM

It was .5 and 2 tackles given up against KC and he was soloed on Allen pretty much the entire game with the occasional RB chip.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=271104012

I got my stats from ESPN and it says a full sack, where did you get yours from?

Pacopete4
08-18-2008, 09:29 PM
I'm sorry Zool.. didn't see your link. The box score reports 1/2 sack and his stat line if you look at his game by game shows 1 sack.. very strange

Zool
08-18-2008, 09:36 PM
We had a long thread about Allen going to MN is the only reason I remember.

SMACKTALKIE
08-18-2008, 10:41 PM

Thoughts?

Kinda like when Hovan had Bretts jersey in his locker or something? ya.. that really panned out for him haha... They do it for attention mainly because they don't get a lot of it

This is nothing like the Favre/Hovan thing, in fact is is the opposite.

Favre was a prowbowler and Hovan a young player.

Allen is a prowbowler and Rodgers is a young player.

Besides Allen is known for his $hit talking, this is not rare.

SMACKTALKIE
08-18-2008, 10:47 PM

Only Allen will be playing alongside a totally different line. Besides the Vikings could run Allen on stunts and send him through the turnstile of an interior line the Pack has.

No doubt Clifton is a great LT, but there are schemes to work around that. Besides that is one player (Allen) to be concerned with. If ARod continues with his "deer in the headlights" look he has shown while being blitzed this preseason, Allen will be the least of ARod's concerns.

bobblehead
08-18-2008, 10:54 PM

Only Allen will be playing alongside a totally different line. Besides the Vikings could run Allen on stunts and send him through the turnstile of an interior line the Pack has.

No doubt Clifton is a great LT, but there are schemes to work around that. Besides that is one player (Allen) to be concerned with. If ARod continues with his "deer in the headlights" look he has shown while being blitzed this preseason, Allen will be the least of ARod's concerns.

You mean like that one where he was "in the headlights" and lofted that bomb down the sidelines to ruvell??

SMACKTALKIE
08-18-2008, 10:58 PM

You mean like that one where he was "in the headlights" and lofted that bomb down the sidelines to ruvell??

If you are speaking of the pass against the Bengals then you need a new TV. That was a great adjustment by Martin but not a great pass by ARod.

Chevelle2
08-19-2008, 08:56 AM

Only Allen will be playing alongside a totally different line.

So? He will still be lined up 1-on-1 vs Cliffy like last year.

bobblehead
08-19-2008, 09:05 AM

If you are speaking of the pass against the Bengals then you need a new TV. That was a great adjustment by Martin but not a great pass by ARod.

Read the blitz, identified the isolated reciever down the sideline and made a deep pass for his reciever to make a play on....that is what a QB does, it doesn't have to be 40 yards on the money every time. My point was that he wasn't a "deer in the headlights" but calm, made a read and executed.

ahaha
08-19-2008, 09:42 AM

You seem to put a lot of stock in the preseason. Does this mean you think your Viking run defense is going to be awful? The starters have been giving up lots of big runs.

SMACKTALKIE
08-19-2008, 11:27 AM

Only Allen will be playing alongside a totally different line.

So? He will still be lined up 1-on-1 vs Cliffy like last year.

It's a team sport kid. I highly doubt they were one on one the whole game. Double teams are huge factors in blocking. There could have been double teams coming from within the line or from TEs, even chipping RBs. Now it's a "pick your poison" deal with the Vikings D line. Who will you double team? And the way the Pack's interior O line looks it appears a simple stunt by Allen would put ARod on his butt.

By your logic, all the Vikings would have to do is run the ball at Brandon Chillar every time he is in the game. Since he only got one tackle against the Vikings the last time they met, if the Vikings run the ball 10 times at him it should equal 9 touchdowns.

SMACKTALKIE
08-19-2008, 11:32 AM

You seem to put a lot of stock in the preseason. Does this mean you think your Viking run defense is going to be awful? The starters have been giving up lots of big runs.

It appears to be an area of concern right now for the Vikings.

sharpe1027
08-19-2008, 06:54 PM

My guess is that you will see that same exact pass a few times this year. When you that big of a mismatch in size, teams often throw behind to negate any potential help by a saftey. Plus, the DB often gets a PI flag and has almost no chance at the ball.

SnakeLH2006
08-21-2008, 12:22 AM

Thoughts?

He wants to sack him? :oops:
http://www.nancarrow-webdesk.com/warehouse/storage2/2008-w30/img.282142_t.jpg

Iron Mike
09-08-2008, 09:24 PM

Thoughts?

http://blogs.mysanantonio.com/weblogs/atlarge/epic_fail.jpg

Brando19
09-08-2008, 09:28 PM
I suppose Jared Allen will self destruct in 3....2....1....

BallHawk
09-08-2008, 09:28 PM
http://media.g4tv.com/images/blog/2007/11/27/633317514784490542.jpg

Iron Mike
09-08-2008, 09:33 PM
http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2007/writers/michael_silver/07/06/mailbag/t1-wilf.jpg

I spent HOW much for Jared Allen???