PDA

View Full Version : GOOD DISCUSSION ABOUT BRETT/GB BRASS (IDIOTS)

MOBB DEEP
08-19-2008, 06:54 PM
i very much enjoyed reading jet's fans thread on gb fan's reaction to the brett debacle/recent developments in jet and packer camps

its's on their message board (TheGangGreen.com) and titled "Green Bay fan reaction"

i dont know how to post threads from other forums on this forum (or if it's even possible), so if someone knows how please do it for our enjoyment

otherwise, as most should know, anyone can go to the board and read threads w/o registering

warning: TT apologists may cringe a lil, altho there are diverse opinions....

Bretsky
08-19-2008, 07:00 PM
why don't you go to the url at the top of PC showing the url...web address.

Left click on it and highlight at all; right click and hit copy.

Come in here and paste and we'll be able to click on and read

HarveyWallbangers
08-19-2008, 07:02 PM
Or how about we move on?

GBRulz
08-19-2008, 07:08 PM
how about if you don't like the subject, ignore the thread.

Jimx29
08-19-2008, 07:12 PM
Or how about we move on?In 16 years perhaps

http://forums.theganggreen.com/showthread.php?t=34743

MOBB DEEP
08-19-2008, 07:22 PM
Or how about we move on?

harv...

MOBB DEEP
08-19-2008, 07:23 PM
Or how about we move on?In 16 years perhaps

http://forums.theganggreen.com/showthread.php?t=34743

thanks buddy...pretty easy i guess

PackerTimer
08-19-2008, 07:46 PM
He's gone. All of the posts and whining won't make it any different. Get over it.

gex
08-19-2008, 07:51 PM
Thanx for the link :D

BallHawk
08-19-2008, 08:11 PM
If we have to deal with this the whole year I'm going to get a personal army from /b/ to raid your asses.

gex
08-19-2008, 08:20 PM

Tyrone Bigguns
08-19-2008, 08:28 PM
I'm overcome with emotion. :roll:

Please stop with the brett favre sugar...i'm getting diabetes.

hoosier
08-19-2008, 08:30 PM
This was on page 2, It brought a little tear to my eye.
Posted by teri b:

With Brett Favre, Are People Forgetting a Legend?

I never really understood the word “fickle,” so I finally looked it up in the dictionary:

Fickle: (adj) not constant or loyal.

I don’t think there could have been a more appropriate word to describe the comeback of Brett Favre.

No, I am not referring to Brett Favre himself as being fickle; I am referring to the fans of football, the front office of the Green Bay Packers, and most surprisingly, those diehard Packer fans that donned No. 4 on their backs every Sunday, watching their so-called “hero” give his all to get a victory for, not only his team, but to his fans as well.

Every football fan out there knew Brett was all about the game. You never heard about Brett demanding more money or going to jail—Brett stayed out of the public eye unless it had something to do with the game he loved most.

After Brett Favre retired in March of 2008, football fans everywhere hung their head and showed not only appreciation for one of the league’s most valuable players, but respect. He was a legend, a man in his own league, a man that had so much class and dignity, you could see it through a television screen.

I watched his tearful retirement and got a little teary myself, as I knew that HE knew he wasn’t quite ready to throw in the towel, but he did it because he didn’t know if he could give 100 percent to the Green Bay Packers; let’s face it, 100 percent is the only thing Brett Favre knew how to give.

But could he really let the last play he ever made be an interception?

Some of us might be okay with that being our last play, knowing we would still be going down as one of the greatest QBs of all time, but some of us, most of us, do not have the competitiveness that Favre has.

"Competitiveness alone won't win games, but when someone has some skill and then has competitiveness, they have a chance to be good," Irvin Favre, Brett’s father once said. "I knew Brett had a chance. I just did not know what he would do with it."

Many football fans, mainly GB ones, were irate at Favre for wanting to be traded to the Minnesota Vikings, calling him selfish and a traitor.

Wasn’t it Brett Favre that spoke openly about the Packers being his No. 1 team to play for? So Favre finally spoke out and said, “If you won’t let me play for you, let me play against you.”

Selfish? No. Competitive? Yes. There is a difference. And that difference is what sets him apart from many athletes today.

Brett Favre played 16 seasons with the Packers. During his time in Green Bay, he won three consecutive AP MVP awards—the first and only person in NFL history to do so.

He has led the Packers to 11 postseason appearances, including seven division crowns, four NFC Championship games, two Super Bowls, and he won Super Bowl XXXI. He ranks first all-time with 160 victories, and also in virtually every significant passing category.

Back in March of 2004, Brett was chosen as the No. 1 “Toughest Guy in America” on the basis of his “fearlessness, perseverance, a willingness to take a risk, a tolerance for pain, and even a dash of modesty." That was four years ago, and now people are saying he is “too old to play the game?”

Funny how just a year ago, fans everywhere were singing a different tune.

I wasn’t aware that after retiring, one of the greatest athletes of all time would be ridiculed for wanting to come back and play for the team, the game, and the fans he loved most. Unfortunately, his comeback was not as welcomed as one would have hoped.

He was criticized left and right and was made to feel like more of an inconvenience than a man who dedicated half of his life to the Packers. A man that has started in 253 consecutive games for Green Bay. A man that, learning of his father’s death the night before, took the field and passed for a total of 399 yards and four touchdowns, crediting it all to his Dad:

"I knew that my dad would have wanted me to play," Favre said. "I love him so much, and I love this game. It's meant a great deal to me, to my dad, to my family, and I didn't expect this kind of performance. But I know he was watching tonight."

He is a man who chooses to play with his heart, no matter what the circumstances are, even if it meant walking away from the team he honored more than most of us will ever know.

On Mar. 4, 2008, Favre formally announced his retirement. Favre’s agent, Bus Cook, believed that Favre had not received the impression from the Packers that they wanted him back.

Would he still have retired had he felt different?

I guess we will never know, but what is clear is where the disloyalty came from in the Packers front office: Ted Thompson. Favre released this statement about his former boss:

“It’s hard for me to, you know, trust, you know, this guy when I...either I’m told one thing and everyone else is told another, or he’s telling the public one thing and telling me another. And so...that’s part of the reason for requesting the release. Not only was I told that playing here was not an option, we’re moving on—it’s kind of in their company line, moving on. That’s OK.”

Brett knew he wasn't wanted, so he did what many feared most and filed for reinstatement with the NFL. His petition was soon granted by Commissioner Goodell. Brett was traded to the New York Jets and was no longer a Green Bay Packer.

But, being the class act he is, Favre left Green Bay with these words, "I always wanted to be a Packer," he said. "I think I'll always be a Packer. People will say it was the best 16 years. I think it was made clear this offseason that they were moving forward—that's OK —it's time for me to move forward."

Only time will tell if one of football’s greatest athletes will succeed in New York. It still feels so wrong to be writing Brett Favre and New York Jets in the same sentence. But what feels right is that Brett is on that field again.

He is following the one thing many of us are too scared to follow because of the risk: He is following his heart.

And that is why he will always be a hero. A hero on and off the field and a hero within. Good luck Brett. You truly are an inspiration to athletes everywhere.

http://pedrosantos.blogsome.com/images/Fidler.jpg

PackerTimer
08-19-2008, 08:32 PM
Was that article about Brett Favre or Mother Theresa. What a saint.

Tyrone Bigguns
08-19-2008, 08:34 PM

Favre.

Mother Theresa never threw into triple coverage.

gex
08-19-2008, 08:40 PM
Sorry guys, I posted this out of the designated area. I'll erase it and post it in the the Brett thread.
Sorry again :oops:

Bossman641
08-19-2008, 09:01 PM
Posted by teri b:

I never really understood the word “fickle,” so I finally looked it up in the dictionary:

I don’t think there could have been a more appropriate word to describe the comeback of Brett Favre.

No, I am not referring to Brett Favre himself as being fickle; I am referring to the fans of football, the front office of the Green Bay Packers, and most surprisingly, those diehard Packer fans that donned No. 4 on their backs every Sunday, watching their so-called “hero” give his all to get a victory for, not only his team, but to his fans as well.

Every football fan out there knew Brett was all about the game. You never heard about Brett demanding more money or going to jail—Brett stayed out of the public eye unless it had something to do with the game he loved most.

After Brett Favre retired in March of 2008, football fans everywhere hung their head and showed not only appreciation for one of the league’s most valuable players, but respect. He was a legend, a man in his own league, a man that had so much class and dignity, you could see it through a television screen.

I watched his tearful retirement and got a little teary myself, as I knew that HE knew he wasn’t quite ready to throw in the towel, but he did it because he didn’t know if he could give 100 percent to the Green Bay Packers; let’s face it, 100 percent is the only thing Brett Favre knew how to give.

Some of us might be okay with that being our last play, knowing we would still be going down as one of the greatest QBs of all time, but some of us, most of us, do not have the competitiveness that Favre has.

"Competitiveness alone won't win games, but when someone has some skill and then has competitiveness, they have a chance to be good," Irvin Favre, Brett’s father once said. "I knew Brett had a chance. I just did not know what he would do with it."

Many football fans, mainly GB ones, were irate at Favre for wanting to be traded to the Minnesota Vikings, calling him selfish and a traitor.

Wasn’t it Brett Favre that spoke openly about the Packers being his No. 1 team to play for? So Favre finally spoke out and said, “If you won’t let me play for you, let me play against you.”

Selfish? No. Competitive? Yes. There is a difference. And that difference is what sets him apart from many athletes today.

Brett Favre played 16 seasons with the Packers. During his time in Green Bay, he won three consecutive AP MVP awards—the first and only person in NFL history to do so.

He has led the Packers to 11 postseason appearances, including seven division crowns, four NFC Championship games, two Super Bowls, and he won Super Bowl XXXI. He ranks first all-time with 160 victories, and also in virtually every significant passing category.

Back in March of 2004, Brett was chosen as the No. 1 “Toughest Guy in America” on the basis of his “fearlessness, perseverance, a willingness to take a risk, a tolerance for pain, and even a dash of modesty." That was four years ago, and now people are saying he is “too old to play the game?”

I wasn’t aware that after retiring, one of the greatest athletes of all time would be ridiculed for wanting to come back and play for the team, the game, and the fans he loved most. Unfortunately, his comeback was not as welcomed as one would have hoped.

He was criticized left and right and was made to feel like more of an inconvenience than a man who dedicated half of his life to the Packers. A man that has started in 253 consecutive games for Green Bay. A man that, learning of his father’s death the night before, took the field and passed for a total of 399 yards and four touchdowns, crediting it all to his Dad:

"I knew that my dad would have wanted me to play," Favre said. "I love him so much, and I love this game. It's meant a great deal to me, to my dad, to my family, and I didn't expect this kind of performance. But I know he was watching tonight."

He is a man who chooses to play with his heart, no matter what the circumstances are, even if it meant walking away from the team he honored more than most of us will ever know.

On Mar. 4, 2008, Favre formally announced his retirement. Favre’s agent, Bus Cook, believed that Favre had not received the impression from the Packers that they wanted him back.

I guess we will never know, but what is clear is where the disloyalty came from in the Packers front office: Ted Thompson. Favre released this statement about his former boss:

“It’s hard for me to, you know, trust, you know, this guy when I...either I’m told one thing and everyone else is told another, or he’s telling the public one thing and telling me another. And so...that’s part of the reason for requesting the release. Not only was I told that playing here was not an option, we’re moving on—it’s kind of in their company line, moving on. That’s OK.”

Brett knew he wasn't wanted, so he did what many feared most and filed for reinstatement with the NFL. His petition was soon granted by Commissioner Goodell. Brett was traded to the New York Jets and was no longer a Green Bay Packer.

But, being the class act he is, Favre left Green Bay with these words, "I always wanted to be a Packer," he said. "I think I'll always be a Packer. People will say it was the best 16 years. I think it was made clear this offseason that they were moving forward—that's OK —it's time for me to move forward."

Only time will tell if one of football’s greatest athletes will succeed in New York. It still feels so wrong to be writing Brett Favre and New York Jets in the same sentence. But what feels right is that Brett is on that field again.

He is following the one thing many of us are too scared to follow because of the risk: He is following his heart.

And that is why he will always be a hero. A hero on and off the field and a hero within. Good luck Brett. You truly are an inspiration to athletes everywhere.

I think Favre's tombstone should read "God's gift to the world"

Brando19
08-19-2008, 09:06 PM

Favre.

HAHAHAHA! That made me laugh.

MOBB DEEP
08-19-2008, 09:08 PM
Posted by teri b:

lol at violin

SkinBasket
08-19-2008, 09:11 PM
Of course all the Farve crybabies will go and post over there. The people on the other side of the fence don't give a shit about a Jets forum. Don't get me wrong. I care about how he does this year and I want for him to have a great year. But I ain't going to no fucking Jets forum to have a group hug that ends up giving me three varieties of pubic crabs.

MOBB DEEP
08-19-2008, 09:13 PM
He's gone. All of the posts and whining won't make it any different. Get over it.

and complaining wont stop the posts/threads...funny how we cant have total control over things in "public."

like if u go to a movie in the hood inevitably u'll hear a cryn baby and folk talkn/makn comments thru the flick

Tyrone Bigguns
08-19-2008, 09:23 PM

and complaining wont stop the posts/threads...funny how we cant have total control over things in "public."

like if u go to a movie in the hood inevitably u'll hear a cryn baby and folk talkn/makn comments thru the flick

Some of us choose not to go to the movies in the hood..and would prefer if you didn't bring that flavah here.

MOBB DEEP
08-19-2008, 09:30 PM

Some of us choose not to go to the movies in the hood..and would prefer if you didn't bring that flavah here.

just helpin folk broadn their horizons/knowledge base. u never know if one of yall's son or daughter decides to marry a bro or sis

btw, my best friend in hi school (skinny white boy who i went to iron maiden, judas, accept, and twisted sis concerts with) married a sista stright from the hood 3 years ago....good he knew me during adolescence

Tyrone Bigguns
08-19-2008, 09:32 PM

just helpin folk broadn their horizons/knowledge base. u never know if a son or daughter decides to marry a bro or sis

btw, my best friend in hi school (skinny white boy who i went to iron maiden, judas, accept, and twisted sis concerts with) married a sista stright from the hood 3 years ago....good he knew me during adolescence

Being asinine, foolish, and redundant isn't helping broaden anyone's horizon....your type of stupidity cuts across all race, color, and creed.

MOBB DEEP
08-19-2008, 09:47 PM

just helpin folk broadn their horizons/knowledge base. u never know if a son or daughter decides to marry a bro or sis

Being asinine, foolish, and redundant isn't helping broaden anyone's horizon....your type of stupidity cuts across all race, color, and creed.

lol
y are u payn me/my posts that much attention?

u takn this place and urself WAY to seriously.....jus like the games this forum should be a form of entertainment, meaningless in the grand scheme. execise self contol and avoid my stupid posts if its that serious for u

MOBB DEEP
08-19-2008, 10:05 PM
Of course all the Favre crybabies will go and post over there. The people on the other side of the fence don't give a shit about a Jets forum. Don't get me wrong. I care about how he does this year and I want for him to have a great year. But I ain't going to no fucking Jets forum to have a group hug that ends up giving me three varieties of pubic crabs.

view it like reading a newspaper

and non packer fans post here

i for one have evolved into a fan of the game and certain players (after all they dont control who drafts them - i woulda loved randy moss before now if GB picked him out of marshall); as a yute i was in the fanatic category and couldnt appreciate magic b/c im the biggest bird slurpper of all time. but now i view it as entertainment and love watchn A.P. run that ball for the queens....

ENTERTAINMENT

bobblehead
08-20-2008, 12:29 AM
I try not to waste time reading a forum about the "other" NY team.

TravisWilliams23
08-20-2008, 05:56 AM
Teri b wrote:

A class act doesn't say to the press:[“It’s hard for me to, you know, trust, you know, this guy when I...either I’m told one thing and everyone else is told another, or he’s telling the public one thing and telling me another. And so...that’s part of the reason for requesting the release. Not only was I told that playing here was not an option, we’re moving on—it’s kind of in their company line, moving on. That’s OK.”

Teri b wrote:

This is what he needed to do FIRST if he really wanted to play for Green Bay. I won't go to a Jets forum because I'm a Packers fan but I'll be willing to say that there are negative postings that won't be shown here because of a TT hatred biased opinion.

Regular season is about to start. Time to get excited about the GREEN BAY PACKERS!

Tyrone wrote:

I can always count on TB for a LOL. Thanks.

cpk1994
08-20-2008, 06:09 AM
If we have to deal with this the whole year I'm going to get a personal army from /b/ to raid your asses.I'd like to be apart of your army. :)

mraynrand
08-20-2008, 07:45 AM
What happened to 'truth in advertising?' I find no good discussion of Favre here.

ND72
08-20-2008, 08:39 AM
Of course all the Favre crybabies will go and post over there. The people on the other side of the fence don't give a shit about a Jets forum. Don't get me wrong. I care about how he does this year and I want for him to have a great year. But I ain't going to no fucking Jets forum to have a group hug that ends up giving me three varieties of pubic crabs.

My town's t-shirt shop has a shirt with a big X through the J-E-T-S symbol, then says, "I'm a Packers Fan"....kind of like it.

SkinBasket
08-20-2008, 08:42 AM
Sometimes... and I do mean sometimes mind you, people put far too much hope in death.

CaliforniaCheez
08-20-2008, 11:07 PM

Favre.

Mother Theresa never sucessfully threw into triple coverage.

SnakeLH2006
08-20-2008, 11:13 PM
:wow: The biggest news is: The Jets have a fan forum? Must be the same 3 guys posting over and over. :lol: