PDA

View Full Version : Cutler disses Favre?

LL2
08-20-2008, 02:34 PM
In the linked article it appears Cutler is saying Jake Plummer is a first class guy and Favre is not. Cutler does say he empathizes with Rodgers, but he didn't follow Elway the Legend, he followed Jake the Snake.

http://www.chieftain.com/articles/2008/08/20/sports/local/doc48abd967bc0d6394004700.txt

‘‘Jake didn’t make as big a deal and Brett has,’’ Cutler said. ‘‘He went quietly and that’s the kind of guy Jake is. He’s a first class guy who knew what was going on and he wanted out anyway.’’ Still, Cutler said Rodgers is handling the situation well.

Cutler said he has been following the quarterback saga of the Packers closely, starting with Favre’s tearful retirement, his announcement later that he still wanted to play, and then his trade to the New York Jets.

‘‘I have been talking to Aaron since the whole thing has been blown up,’’ Cutler said. ‘‘I met him and started talking to him when things started getting crazy for him.

‘‘He’s a good guy,’’ Cutler continued. ‘‘We’ve talked about things a couple of times a week to see how things are going.’’

Tarlam!
08-20-2008, 02:36 PM
As long as we pulverize Denver, Jake can say what he wants. This is more than an average pre-season game AFAIC.

mmmdk
08-20-2008, 03:16 PM
As long as we pulverize Denver, Jake can say what he wants. This is more than an average pre-season game AFAIC.

Spot on Tarlam; crush Denver.
Still, Snake is a classy guy and Favre is okay, I guess, but with an ego that could block out the sun. Nothing new really.

Lurker64
08-20-2008, 03:32 PM
Well, considering all that Cutler really said about Brett is that "he didn't go quietly", I don't see how anybody can really argue with that. Brett didn't go quietly. He did imply that Jake went about it in a manner that is more classy than the way that Brett did, and I don't see how anybody can really argue that Brett's actions since unretirement, as a whole, have not been classy. Going on Fox News to throw your coaches and general manager under the bus? Possibly justified, but absolutely not classy. The classy thing to do is to not say anything in public, even if you do have a beef with management.

retailguy
08-20-2008, 03:42 PM

Pulverize? Heck, I'll be happy if the OL we saw against Cincinnati is back.

Ok, I'll vote for one good blindside sack of Culver. Just to say keep your yap shut.

BallHawk
08-20-2008, 03:51 PM
The guy that was compared out of college to Brett Favre talks down on Brett Favre.

That's rich.

Chevelle2
08-20-2008, 04:08 PM
The guy that was compared out of college to Brett Favre talks down on Brett Favre.

That's rich.

You can't really argue with what he said.

Badgerinmaine
08-20-2008, 04:16 PM
Ok, I'll vote for one good blindside sack of Culver. Just to say keep your yap shut.

I could really go for a good sack of Culver's about now...I'll have a ButterBurger and a double dish of vanilla custard. You can even blindside me with it; they have no stores east of Ohio yet, so it'll be a surprise.

I'll take a sack of Cutler, too.

:P :P :P

http://www.keepwisconsinwarm.org/images/photo_culvers06_waupaca.jpg

Harlan Huckleby
08-20-2008, 04:25 PM
ButterBurger and a double dish of vanilla custard.

how's the old ticker doing?

Spaulding
08-20-2008, 04:26 PM

I could really go for a good sack of Culver's about now...I'll have a ButterBurger and a double dish of vanilla custard. You can even blindside me with it; they have no stores east of Ohio yet, so it'll be a surprise.

My Maine man, I'll trade you two Culver francises for just one Dunkin Doughnuts here in Minnesota - miss them on every block like in Bean town :)

retailguy
08-20-2008, 04:59 PM

:oops: Oh well..... Can't even blame it on lunch... I had sushi.... :P

mraynrand
08-20-2008, 05:31 PM
I'm not interested in Culver's sack.

Carolina_Packer
08-20-2008, 09:04 PM
Well, considering all that Cutler really said about Brett is that "he didn't go quietly", I don't see how anybody can really argue with that. Brett didn't go quietly. He did imply that Jake went about it in a manner that is more classy than the way that Brett did, and I don't see how anybody can really argue that Brett's actions since unretirement, as a whole, have not been classy. Going on Fox News to throw your coaches and general manager under the bus? Possibly justified, but absolutely not classy. The classy thing to do is to not say anything in public, even if you do have a beef with management.

Unless you were pissed off because they wouldn't let you back on your own terms, which is what Favre seemed to be indicating. I think he expected the Packers management would be glad to get him back no matter when he made up his mind. I think his actions on Fox News was done to cause a trade or release. I don't think he ever intended to play for Green Bay again. He got his wish, just not his team of choice.

Iron Mike
08-20-2008, 09:55 PM

We have three Culver's here:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v739/mike_zankle/culversmap.gif

I'd be glad to trade one of them for a Whataburger or an In 'N Out Burger.

Damn, I'd even trade for a Steak 'N Shake.

Iron Mike
08-20-2008, 09:59 PM
My Maine man, I'll trade you two Culver francises for just one Dunkin Doughnuts here in Minnesota - miss them on every block like in Bean town :)

One of the pathologists in the office is from the area and told me that Reveah has 52 Dunkin' Donut franchises. :whaa:

Tyrone Bigguns
08-20-2008, 10:17 PM

We have three Culver's here:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v739/mike_zankle/culversmap.gif

I'd be glad to trade one of them for a Whataburger or an In 'N Out Burger.

Damn, I'd even trade for a Steak 'N Shake.

What a burger...yuck. We have them...i avoid at all costs. In N Out...you'll never get them...to far for distribution of the meat. One of the "good" fast food chains.

STeak n shake..ugh. Don't you denny's/webb/etc. I guess chili cheese fries are ok...if you don't mind spending the next morning on the can.

Harlan Huckleby
08-20-2008, 10:23 PM
i think you all should shut the fuck up. I'm not allowed to eat cheeseburgers anymore. I want to get off statin anti-cholestoral drugs, which everybody over 45 seems to be taking these days. Those statins slowly kill ya.

texaspackerbacker
08-20-2008, 10:27 PM
Appropriately, this thread has degenerated into whatever this is about restaurants, etc.

Whatever the crap is that Cutler might be spewing, Favre is no longer family, and thus, doesn't merit being defended by Packer fans.

Lurker64
08-20-2008, 10:41 PM
Really, Cutler didn't say anything that Favre needs to or should be defended against. Favre didn't go quietly and he wasn't classy. Whether or not I like the man, respect him, wish him well, agree with him, etc. it's hard to argue with those two points.

GBRulz
08-20-2008, 10:41 PM
Hey, speaking of Jake Plummer... whatever happened to his hit and run incident? Yup, Cutler...that's a classy guy for ya.

Tony Oday
08-20-2008, 11:05 PM
SO bring up what the snake has done bring up what Favre has done. All Jay is doing is backing a friend.

Did Favre take the high road? Hell no. Did GB management take the high road? hell no. They both botched the shit out of it so blame the lord and pass the ammunition. Favre is a Jet now and I hope we meet them in the SB so he can throw 5 picks.

Favre in the past loved him, Farve when he retires, love him. Favre now? Just another QB that I hope can't hit water if he fell out of a boat! :)

SnakeLH2006
08-20-2008, 11:10 PM
So.....Cutler, as guy who hasn't doesn't done much in the NFL, defends another guy who hasn't done much vs. 2 legends?? OK then. Go Jay. :lol:

HarveyWallbangers
08-20-2008, 11:20 PM
On a side note, I think Cutler is going to be very good this year--especially after Marshall gets back from his suspension.

Bretsky
08-20-2008, 11:29 PM
On a side note, I think Cutler is going to be very good this year--especially after Marshall gets back from his suspension.

I was not high at all on him last yet, but this year he looks like the real deal and a guy that's greatly improved on the FF realm as well.

Tony Oday
08-21-2008, 09:08 AM
So.....Cutler, as guy who hasn't doesn't done much in the NFL, defends another guy who hasn't done much vs. 2 legends?? OK then. Go Jay. :lol:

lol who is the other legend? are you kidding? lol

Pugger
08-21-2008, 09:21 AM
If you want a butter burger go to Kroll's in Green Bay. BTW, they have a nice perch plate on Friday nights at Kroll's East. :mrgreen:

Carolina_Packer
08-21-2008, 10:31 AM
Hey, speaking of Jake Plummer... whatever happened to his hit and run incident? Yup, Cutler...that's a classy guy for ya.

That's what you get, Jake, when you let Marshawn Lynch drive! :-)

Iron Mike
08-21-2008, 08:18 PM
Appropriately, this thread has degenerated into whatever this is about restaurants, etc.

Alright, here's a funny pic for you:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v739/mike_zankle/WAG.jpg

Feel better now?