PDA

View Full Version : If I Were DeShawn Wynn...

Fritz
08-21-2008, 08:57 AM
..I'd be going out on the practice field with one leg. I'd be begging to play.

I wonder if DeShawn knows - as even the most casual fan does - that he is about to become unemployed?

I wonder about guys like these, the Donnell Washingtons of the world, who seem to have all the talent in the world - think about it - you could play football in the NFL - but don't seem to care that much about making it or not.

I mean, even if you said to yourself, well, I'll bust my azz for three to five years and I'll make a boatload of money. But no - these guys seem content to pick up the paycheck and stay in the whirlpool for a season or two, then fade away like Mike Hawkins, into football oblivion.

What are they thinking? Anything? Nothing? I hope I can score a chick this weekend? When do our checks come in?

Tarlam!
08-21-2008, 09:02 AM
Great thread, Fritz.

I agree with your sentiments. Imagine having the talent and the physical build to be an NFL player and just wasting it because you have no maturity.

I know, I'd be guilty of it, cause I'm just plain lazy. I wouldn't work my ass off.

But, I wish I had the body, so I could pull the chicks! 8-)

Maxie the Taxi
08-21-2008, 09:47 AM
I don't think you're gonna figure out what's in Wynn's head unless you're a psychiatrist and even then it's guesswork. Maybe you don't really want to know what's in the head of a guy like that.

All I know is that Wynn has been a question mark going all the way back to the Gators and probably before that. We had a great thread on him last year and many of us doubted he'd ever change for the better. He hasn't.

I'd drop him like a bad habit and give his roster spot to Lumpy who seems to have an outlook opposite of Wynn.

Pacopete4
08-21-2008, 09:55 AM
Maybe he's actually hurt?.. just a thought

Maxie the Taxi
08-21-2008, 10:07 AM

That's a question people have been asking his entire college and pro career. The guy is always hurt. There comes a point where benefit of the doubt ends.

Carolina_Packer
08-21-2008, 10:27 AM

That's a question people have been asking his entire college and pro career. The guy is always hurt. There comes a point where benefit of the doubt ends.

Or, even if he truly is hurt, you reach the point where you determine he is a liability because he can't stay out of the training room when he hasn't really made his mark yet and is just a potential player. Whatever the reason, they need to fish or cut bait with this guy and I'm sure they know that.

bobblehead
08-21-2008, 10:53 AM

Tory Humphrey is in a similar situation..He has a pulled achilles. This is an extremely painful affliction that affects even the way you walk. He knows he can't miss more time, and he took the field and is going to go down swinging. That is just the type of mentality that could land him another year on IR collecting a salary. Wynn on the other hand is sitting, not even trying. You can ask if he is really hurt, but last year he found an ache or pain to take him out of most of camp and almost every game after a quarter, this is a pattern. Maybe he is really hurt, but he should show the heart to compete and get on the field unless something is broken.

vince
08-21-2008, 11:30 AM
I was at a practice earlier in the preseason, and the practice wasn't overly challenging from a physical standpoint. In 7 on 7 and 11 on 11, Wynn would come back from being in on a play or two and immediately take his helmet off and go down on one knee like he was physically exhausted. He was the ONLY player on the entire team who did that even once, and he did it repeatedly. This was when he was healthy.

This guy is mentally weak. It's that simple. Good bye DeShawn. Don't let the door hit you on the ass on your way out.

Lurker64
08-21-2008, 11:35 AM
Considering that Wynn's roster spot last year, 4 TDs, and 203 yards rushing probably made him worth the 228th overall pick, so there's no real reason not to cut him, at least unless he (or a rash of injuries, heaven forbid) provides a reason in the next couple weeks.

SMACKTALKIE
08-21-2008, 11:54 AM
I would go on the IR and chill for a year..........maybe mow some lawns. :lol:

Deputy Nutz
08-21-2008, 12:00 PM
The guy is a bum with an unbelievable amount of talent compared to the average human being, but still, in big bold letters, "BUM"

DonHutson
08-21-2008, 12:00 PM
But no - these guys seem content to pick up the paycheck and stay in the whirlpool for a season or two, then fade away like Mike Hawkins, into football oblivion.

Is Wynn allowed in the whirlpool when he's on the rag? I would think not. As to what he's thinking, he's probably focused on that seven figure Midol endorsement he's been working on for a year and a half.

Pugger
08-21-2008, 12:04 PM
Hey, to suggest that he is any way feminine is an insult to us ladies!!! :wink: :lol:

Tarlam!
08-21-2008, 12:24 PM
Hey, to suggest that he is any way feminine is an insult to us ladies!!! :wink: :lol:

You're a girl? :oops:

MadtownPacker
08-21-2008, 12:38 PM
The Pack needs to cut Wynn and start taking there Lumpkins already!!!

Zool
08-21-2008, 12:46 PM
Fuzzy Lumpkins for #3 RB!

http://www.geocities.com/televisioncity/set/3995/icons/sfuzzy.gif

KYPack
08-21-2008, 01:30 PM
Fritz, if you were Wynn, I'd still cut you.

The kid is a real disappointment.

He simply lacks the mental toughness tp play pro ball right now.

He might catch on someplace, but I doubt it.

bobblehead
08-21-2008, 01:53 PM
Fuzzy Lumpkins for #3 RB!

http://www.geocities.com/televisioncity/set/3995/icons/sfuzzy.gif

I'm kinda still a fan of morency, I think he is the #2 ball carrier and #2 third down back. He does both jobs well, I could see him getting 500 rushing this year.

DonHutson
08-21-2008, 01:54 PM
He might catch on someplace, but I doubt it.

Sometimes that's all a guy like him needs. Just look at Najeh Davenport. He couldn't toughen up in Green Bay so we cut him, he goes to Pittsburgh and, uh... gets cut again for being a lazy ass.

Nevermind.

mission
08-21-2008, 04:34 PM
I dunno but Ive interviewed a lot of these guys when i was running a "sports marketing firm"...

one sob story after another ... dumbasses just dont get it. i blame the south.

BF4MVP
08-21-2008, 06:03 PM
I don't know..He only played in one preseason game last year (the last one) and sucked..And he still made the team anyways..I'm just sayin..

BallHawk
08-21-2008, 06:09 PM
DeShawn never had any talent in the first place....