PDA

View Full Version : ROUSE LOOKS TO BE STUCK AS BACKUP

Bretsky
08-21-2008, 11:27 PM
http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=786070

pbmax
08-22-2008, 12:44 AM
Which conspiracy are T2 adherents being accused of touting, according to your sig B?

Rouse will make it. He's just too naturally gifted not to get out there and as the article says, neither Collins nor Bigby are the typical crafty old vet at calling a coverage.

He'll be one of those third year guys where it clicks and off he goes.

Bretsky
08-22-2008, 07:33 AM
Which conspiracy are T2 adherents being accused of touting, according to your sig B?

Rouse will make it. He's just too naturally gifted not to get out there and as the article says, neither Collins nor Bigby are the typical crafty old vet at calling a coverage.

Ah, my sig is in reference to allowing a Turtle Lover to pick the fantasy draft order of a league in which the Turtlovin Balllbusters are a part of.....I filed a protest and naturally I ended up near the bottom :lol:

KYPack
08-22-2008, 07:43 AM

What PB says.

The bad news ain't that bad. Collins is playing real well this pre-season and may finally engage his brain to go with his physical gifts. Now we have 3 dern good safeties and with injuries, we'll use 'em all this season.

pbmax
08-22-2008, 08:28 AM
A good lesson in politics there (office or otherwise). Always egg on someone else to do the public complaining. :D

Ah, my sig is in reference to allowing a Turtle Lover to pick the fantasy draft order of a league in which the Turtlovin Balllbusters are a part of.....I filed a protest and naturally I ended up near the bottom :lol:

Guiness
08-23-2008, 12:31 PM
He might start now with both Bigby and Collins both getting hurt this week!

gex
08-23-2008, 04:17 PM
How banged up is Collins?

Harlan Huckleby
08-23-2008, 04:51 PM
How banged up is Collins?

I think it is a minor neck stinger. But I hope the coaches use this opportunity to give him a long break, maybe tell him they want him to be fresh for the playoffs.

SnakeLH2006
08-24-2008, 05:55 AM
Let's hope Russ Ball doesn't give Collins a 5 year $30 million/year deal and let's him walk. Rouse is young, but makes plays, as that is what makes a player. How many big plays did we see Rouse make in a short span...plenty. Name one that Collins made. Spike, set, match. 8-)

RashanGary
08-24-2008, 08:44 AM
I think Collins is our teams best open field tackler. Rouse might be the worst. There was a play in the Bronco game where the RB had daylight except for Collins standing in his way with a whole bunch of open field. Had that been Rouse, if Rouse held true to his inablity to tackle, that would have gone for a TD. Collins gave up very few big plays last year, something you want out of your last line of defense and made the big open field tackles, many of which changed games. Woodson was saying Rouse needs to get his all around game at a higher level, not just look for one thing. I think that one thing is jumping slants and it has been nice, but he's not an all around player IMO. Collins seems to be doing a very good job in the eye of his teammates and coaches.

retailguy
08-24-2008, 08:48 AM
I seem to remember Collins playing well last preseason too. what happened once the games started to count?

SkinBasket
08-24-2008, 08:50 AM
Watch the game again JH, but this time sober. I'm no big Rouse fan, but he made plenty of tackles in the flat after Muir gave Collins his lobotomy and I don't recall Rouse having significant problems in the past with his tackling. You're probably thinking of Mark Roman.

RashanGary
08-24-2008, 08:55 AM
Watch the game again JH, but this time sober. I'm no big Rouse fan, but he made plenty of tackles in the flat after Muir gave Collins his lobotomy and I don't recall Rouse having significant problems in the past with his tackling. You're probably thinking of Mark Roman.

No, Rouse has taken bad angles and missed tackles in the past. Those tackles you speak of where in relatively tight quarters. The one that was borderline open field he had help right behind him and the RB pinned between the sideline and a cluster of blockers.

SkinBasket
08-24-2008, 08:58 AM
The one that was borderline open field he had help right behind him and the RB pinned between the sideline and a cluster of blockers.

:lol:

Pinned between the line and a cluster of blockers? This year's going to be a breeze for our defense with the opposing QB "pinned" between all his linemen.

RashanGary
08-24-2008, 08:59 AM
And Collins open field tackle was probably the best defensive play by the starters in that game. That was a TD saver. Any time an offensive player is alone in the middle of the field with one guy to beat, that should be a TD, not a mow you down tackle.

RashanGary
08-24-2008, 08:59 AM
The one that was borderline open field he had help right behind him and the RB pinned between the sideline and a cluster of blockers.

:lol:

Pinned between the line and a cluster of blockers? This year's going to be a breeze for our defense with the opposing QB "pinned" between all his linemen.

Yeah, open field and in tight quarters are two different things. A tackle and an open field tackle are two different things.

Tarlam!
08-24-2008, 09:01 AM
I agree with Harrell in terms of what's been written by the press. I remember reading that Rouse is fairly one dimensional at this stage.

Since I rarely see games, I have to go with Skin's vision of the man. Skin knows football.

SkinBasket
08-24-2008, 09:02 AM
Yeah, open field and in tight quarters are two different things. A tackle and an open field tackle are two different things.

Well, good thing Rouse had all those opposing linemen to help him out then.

RashanGary
08-24-2008, 09:04 AM

Well, good thing Rouse had all those opposing linemen to help him out then.

They were occupying other defenders and while they were serving a purpose for the offense, they were also setting up a stage that is a sharp contrast to an "open field". Rouse made a tackle. He should have. Collins tackle was a play that the RB was expected to make. He's expected to be able to beat one guy all alone.

SkinBasket
08-24-2008, 09:05 AM
Since I rarely see games, I have to go with Skin's vision of the man. Skin knows football.

I'm not sure I even have a vision of him except that he probably needs another half season or so to develop before he can even be judged. I just don't think being a bad tackler ala Sharper and Roman is one of his traits at this point in his young career. Maybe a result of being a young guy thrust into the starting lineup due to injury last season, but certainly not something that seems like a consistent deficiency.

Tarlam!
08-24-2008, 09:10 AM
Collins tackle was a play that the RB was expected to make. He's expected to be able to beat one guy all alone.

What kinda whimps play football, then? Ask KY if the fullback in Rugby is allowed a free pass if a winger or a centre is coming his way and the FB is the last man to beat!

KYPack
08-24-2008, 10:43 AM
Collins tackle was a play that the RB was expected to make. He's expected to be able to beat one guy all alone.

What kinda whimps play football, then? Ask KY if the fullback in Rugby is allowed a free pass if a winger or a centre is coming his way and the FB is the last man to beat!

Just drive em back to the centre of the pitch, Tar.

No, ya gotta bite the bullet.

Those are the plays that made me retire.

DonHutson
08-24-2008, 11:59 AM
And Collins open field tackle was probably the best defensive play by the starters in that game. That was a TD saver. Any time an offensive player is alone in the middle of the field with one guy to beat, that should be a TD, not a mow you down tackle.

Collins is a great open field tackler when the guy is lined up straight downfield. He had some great tackles last year where he really drilled a RB in the flat.

However, if he has to take any kind of angle to the ball carrier he is guaranteed to screw it up. Collins must be a godawful pool player. I need to track down the old nun that taught my high school geometry class. She could grab him by the ear and teach him a thing or two about angles.