PDA

View Full Version : The OFFICIAL Maxie the Taxi Housing CRISIS Thread

Maxie the Taxi
08-22-2008, 07:53 AM
This is my first post in the Romper Room so bear with me. I'm nervous and intimidated, but my reason for posting is DIRE!!!!!

I'm SCARED too!!

I've been pretty independent and self-reliant my whole life. And it's been a long, long, long life. Some people call me an octogenerian, but WTF do they know.

I consider myself a conservative. I'm also proud. I've always said if worse come to worse I'd live under a highway overpass before I'd ask for help. I'd feed myself by picking up aluminum cans and getting the money off them before I'd put my hand out. Well, now that it's come to that... Oh, forget it. I'll get by on my own. I'm set with enough income. Luckily the tourists down here in Florida guzzle beer like there's no tomorrow. That's not my problem.

I don't know if personal problems are off-limits in this thread. So forgive me if I'm violating the rules, but here's my problem:

I CAN'T REMEMBER HOW MANY HOUSES I OWN!

As most of you know, I'm quite old. I can't exactly remember how old but this McCain guy is a whippersnapper compared to me. No problem. My mind's still sharp. Plus, I've got a young wife and she takes care of ANYTHING having to do with calculations. I'm just never been good with numbers.

Anyway, even though my wife is younger than me, she's no spring chicken. Well, she told me this morning she misplaced the accountant's phone number and both of us are just sitting here thinking: "Can anything else get messed up in our fucking retirement?"

So please. If anyone in this forum knows me, count my houses and give me a call. I can't tell you the number, cause both me and the Mrs. forgot that too. (I think it's in the neighborhood of 10...digits I mean...our phone number. We got way less houses than 10...I think.)

Well buy for now, the wife just pulled up in her Mercedes and we're going to ride around a bit looking for the damn thing...my accountant's office I mean.

Don't be alarmed... I just won't be posting for a while until we get this damn mess straightened out ...

sheepshead
08-22-2008, 08:15 AM
how many are in his name? how many are in their childrens name? how many are in trust?

nice try though...

hoosier
08-22-2008, 09:34 AM
I have a simple but elegant solution to your problem. Start by counting the houses that AREN'T yours. You could even enlist your young-but-not-that-young wife to help. When you finish, any that are left over will be yours. :lol:

Scott Campbell
08-22-2008, 09:47 AM
My mind's still sharp. Plus, I've got a young wife ....................

Sounds like your retirement is going just fine.

Harlan Huckleby
08-22-2008, 09:51 AM
McCain is a rich guy who married a really wealthy women. I don't think many people disqualify a president for being rich.

I like that McCain doesn't know how many houses his wife has bought. Shows he's focused on his job in the senate rather than the real estate deals his wifey is swinging.

hoosier
08-22-2008, 10:20 AM
McCain is a rich guy who married a really wealthy women. I don't think many people disqualify a president for being rich.

I like that McCain doesn't know how many houses his wife has bought. Shows he's focused on his job in the senate rather than the real estate deals his wifey is swinging.

That's ONE possible explanation. :lol:

Harlan Huckleby
08-22-2008, 10:24 AM
Welcome aboard the bandwagon, hoosier!!! We can use your help in Indiana.

Here is a little graphic that you might consider putting in your .SIG. You're doing the right thing.

http://www.sequelsolutions.biz/mac.jpg

Maxie the Taxi
08-22-2008, 11:03 AM
I have a simple but elegant solution to your problem. Start by counting the houses that AREN'T yours. You could even enlist your young-but-not-that-young wife to help. When you finish, any that are left over will be yours. :lol:

Damn, I like the way you think! :D

I'll put my wife on that project ASAP.

Tyrone Bigguns
08-22-2008, 02:22 PM

Yep, I agree. Prolly the same reason he didn't know anything when his wife was downing 30 percocets a day.

Tyrone Bigguns
08-22-2008, 04:31 PM
Ty has the same problem.

Often he can't remember how many boxes he has.