PDA

View Full Version : Will AJ Play Week 1?

POLISHHAWK
08-22-2008, 09:29 AM
Anyone know the severity of AJ's injury? Going to this game and hope he plays. If he doesn't; my hopes of winning this game are SLIM.

Tarlam!
08-22-2008, 10:00 AM
So, what you're saying is, the entire success of the Packer's defense rests on one player's shoulders?

Heck of a statement.

GBRulz
08-22-2008, 10:09 AM
This is the latest statement that I've heard on the matter. The local news is basically saying the same thing.

GREEN BAY, Wis. (AP) -- Linebacker A.J. Hawk missed Saturday's game with a chest sprain and didn't practice yesterday. Coach Mike generally refers to injured players as "day-to-day," but he describes Hawk's injury as "week-to-week."

Hawk says he doesn't know how long he'll be out. He says all he can do is listen to the team, and so far he hasn't been given any timelines. He says all he's worried about now is getting healed up.

While I don't think we're doomed if he doesn't play, I certainly agree that we're better off with him starting, that's for sure.

Harlan Huckleby
08-22-2008, 10:28 AM
the new guy looks fine. Chillar.

Zool
08-22-2008, 10:29 AM
Minnesota is a run-first team. Hawk is very important to week 1. I really could care less about these preseason games. Let him rest until September 8th.

POLISHHAWK
08-22-2008, 10:30 AM
Sorry guys... I left out Week 1... I don't give a shit if he plays in the Preseason "Games"... I just hope he's there week 1.

So, what you're saying is, the entire success of the Packer's defense rests on one player's shoulders?

Heck of a statement.

I don't think that's a "heck of a statement"--- I'd say it's obvious. I think the teams are rather close to each other, and missing AJ on D would be something the Queens would take advantage of. They do have the best rushing offense in the game; and LB's are somewhat important at stopping the run.

I'm a little nervous about this game... our injuries are what is making me nervous. Pickett & Hawk need to play if we want a competitive battle.

Tarlam!
08-22-2008, 10:38 AM
I stand by my comment. You've made a "heck of a statement" I disagree with it. I think AJ has been just OK since we've had him. I definitely do not think he has carried the Packer's defense.

cpk1994
08-22-2008, 10:41 AM
the new guy looks fine. Chillar.How? He was absolutely terrible against SF. I haven't been impressed with Chillar. Or maybe you were using sarcasm?

Harlan Huckleby
08-22-2008, 10:44 AM
no sarcasm, I thought he looked good.

I haven't read any of the analysis of the game, and maybe I should not be mixing alchohol and prescription drugs during games.

Cleft Crusty
08-22-2008, 10:49 AM
I haven't read any of the analysis of the game, and maybe I should not be mixing alchohol and prescription drugs during games.

In my experience, mixing the two enhances my ability to report on the game. It helps even more during post game chats, when fans want the coach fired following a loss.

MadtownPacker
08-22-2008, 12:32 PM

Heck of a statement.I dont know, the 49ers where having their way running the ball last week. Seemed like they got 5 yd a carry at will. Have to beleive Hawk would have made a difference. Cant have that element missing against AP in week 1 or will are all gonna pissed off fans early in the season.

Tarlam!
08-22-2008, 01:22 PM
Call me stupid, Mad, but I don't know if you're agreeing with Polish or me.

MadtownPacker
08-22-2008, 01:24 PM
Call me stupid, Mad, but I don't know if you're agreeing with Polish or me.When do I ever agree with you? Polish has got it right. Without Hawk it will be difficult to stop Peterson.

SMACKTALKIE
08-22-2008, 01:42 PM
Call me stupid, Mad, but I don't know if you're agreeing with Polish or me.When do I ever agree with you? Polish has got it right. Without Hawk it will be difficult to stop Peterson.

It will be difficult to stop him no matter who is on the field.

He looks even better now than he did last year.

Rastak
08-22-2008, 02:02 PM

Well, he hasn't done much at all in preseason, but he looked solid in camp.

As always, it's hard to read into the preseason on most things.

I disagree that losing Hawk dooms Green Bay, They might lose some but it's not like Chillar is a complete dud.

SMACKTALKIE
08-22-2008, 02:10 PM

Well, he hasn't done much at all in preseason, but he looked solid in camp.

As always, it's hard to read into the preseason on most things.

I disagree that losing Hawk dooms Green Bay, They might lose some but it's not like Chillar is a complete dud.

I made that statement based on what I saw of Peterson in camp. I made it to camp 3 times this year and AD stole the show every time.

I'm sure Chllar is no guy off the street, but did'nt the Pack bring him in to replace Poppinga during passing downs?

imscott72
08-22-2008, 03:00 PM
Minnesota is banged up a bit too with TJax and Williams' suspension so I wouldn't call it a loss just yet.

POLISHHAWK
08-22-2008, 03:01 PM
Do you mean McKinnie suspension?

imscott72
08-22-2008, 03:02 PM
Do you mean McKinnie suspension?

Yep, my bad.

The Gunshooter
08-22-2008, 03:31 PM
I am worried about Pickett not playing tonight. GB is not going to win many games without Pickett and Rodgers will take the blame.

Pacopete4
08-22-2008, 03:33 PM
I am worried about Pickett not playing tonight. GB is not going to win many games without Pickett and Rodgers will take the blame.

Are you already setting up your excuse if Rodgers shits his pants this year?

Zool
08-22-2008, 04:12 PM

Why exactly would he need an excuse?

LEWCWA
08-22-2008, 04:32 PM

Here we go again. Another making excuses for Rodgers, before he even plays.....

Tyrone Bigguns
08-22-2008, 04:34 PM

You need a course in logic. Picket not playing and greenbay losing because their defense sucks isn't an excuse for Rodgers.

Unless you are the type of person that is going to blame Arod if we lose a game 35 to 40.

It is a TEAM game. However, some idiots chose to blame one person.

Zool
08-22-2008, 04:34 PM
See above. Just an FYI, you're not related to any Packers....everyone here's only real investment in this team is entertainment.

LEWCWA
08-22-2008, 06:35 PM
quote="Tyrone Bigguns"]

You need a course in logic. Picket not playing and greenbay losing because their defense sucks isn't an excuse for Rodgers.

Unless you are the type of person that is going to blame Arod if we lose a game 35 to 40.

It is a TEAM game. However, some idiots chose to blame one person.[/quote]

Wow did I ever say a loss would be Rodgers fault. Just pointing out the subtle way folks are setting up excuses, if he fails and he hasn't even taken a snap yet this year. He may be great, he may be average and he may suck. Don't make excuses until he needs them. Plus, why do you have to denegrate people by calling them idiots. Plenty here think the same of you but keep it to ourselves!

LEWCWA
08-22-2008, 06:37 PM
See above. Just an FYI, you're not related to any Packers....everyone here's only real investment in this team is entertainment.

Your opinion I guess, but just that your opinion. You have no idea what anyone has invested in this team. Just cause you type it don't make it fact.

The Gunshooter
08-22-2008, 06:54 PM

Just pointing out reality. It's very difficult for a QB to do well on a $hitty team but the casual fan doesn't know that. All they know is GB was 13-3 last year ignoring the 4-12 and 8-8. Believe me when I tell you it is bad enough to lose Williams without a replacement but without Pickett they are probably going to lose tonight.

LEWCWA
08-22-2008, 07:13 PM

Just pointing out reality. It's very difficult for a QB to do well on a $hitty team but the casual fan doesn't know that. All they know is GB was 13-3 last year ignoring the 4-12 and 8-8. Believe me when I tell you it is bad enough to lose Williams without a replacement but without Pickett they are probably going to lose tonight.

and?who cares....

Tyrone Bigguns
08-22-2008, 07:27 PM

It is a TEAM game. However, some idiots chose to blame one person.

Wow did I ever say a loss would be Rodgers fault. Just pointing out the subtle way folks are setting up excuses, if he fails and he hasn't even taken a snap yet this year. He may be great, he may be average and he may suck. Don't make excuses until he needs them. Plus, why do you have to denegrate people by calling them idiots. Plenty here think the same of you but keep it to ourselves!

Then you need reading comprehension work. That post said nothing about excuses for Rodgers play. There was no excuse even talked about.

If rodgers posts incredible numbers and throws for 50 tds...but, we lose because of a poor defense...gunshooter was worried about fan reaction to Rodgers.

I didn't call you an idiot. I said only idiots blame one player in a team game. Sorry, but that's the truth.

mraynrand
08-22-2008, 07:33 PM
. I said only idiots blame one player in a team game. Sorry, but that's the truth.

As if there aren't situations where terrible play by one individual can cost the team a game.

Tyrone Bigguns
08-22-2008, 07:36 PM
. I said only idiots blame one player in a team game. Sorry, but that's the truth.

As if there aren't situations where terrible play by one individual can cost the team a game.

Nope. Unless you are discounting all the other plays before it.

There are plays that can cost you field position, points, etc. But, no one play or player loses a game. Certain players can have more or less of an impact.

You win as a team, you lose as team.

mraynrand
08-22-2008, 07:39 PM

There are plays that can cost you field position, points, etc. But, no one play or player loses a game. Certain players can have more or less of an impact.

I guess you're right

http://images.usatoday.com/sports/_photos/2007/01/06/topper-cowboys.jpg

Tyrone Bigguns
08-22-2008, 07:48 PM

I guess you're right

http://images.usatoday.com/sports/_photos/2007/01/06/topper-cowboys.jpg

Again, feeble attempt. That play cost them points, but the game coulda been won much earlier. I guess they wouldn't have had that opportunity for points if Romo had thrown a td.

Why not blame Glenn for his fumble..when the cowboys had the lead?

Why not blame TO for not making a catch in the endzone to win the game?

Perhaps they shouldn't even play the game. Just one play for each team and see who scores. :roll:

mraynrand
08-22-2008, 07:52 PM
Perhaps they shouldn't even play the game. Just one play for each team and see who scores. :roll:

That's well considered. And if the receiver drops an easy catch in the endzone on the one play, you'd say the left tackle was also to blame.

Rastak
08-22-2008, 07:58 PM
I wonder if certain individuals here would jump to Favre's defense indicating no one player loses games by himself, including playoff games. They are won and lost by the team. The team created by the GM, and by that thought the guy ultimately responsible for the failure using that logic.

Zool
08-22-2008, 10:07 PM

Your opinion I guess, but just that your opinion. You have no idea what anyone has invested in this team. Just cause you type it don't make it fact.

Fine, its possible that 1-2% of the posters here have more invested. Still doesnt make it right to secretly hope for a failure to prove your opinion correct. Also, no one here needs to make excuses. Its a sport.

LEWCWA
08-22-2008, 10:15 PM

Fine, its possible that 1-2% of the posters here have more invested. Still doesnt make it right to secretly hope for a failure to prove your opinion correct. Also, no one here needs to make excuses. Its a sport.

Who the hell is hoping for failure. This doesn't even make sense. Nobody wants Arod or the Packers to fail. Some may think he will or the chance that he does is fairly high, but nobody is rooting for it. Except Rastak and that stupid ass bear fan :!:

Pacopete4
08-22-2008, 10:17 PM
Who the hell is hoping for failure. This doesn't even make sense. Nobody wants Arod or the Packers to fail. Some may think he will or the chance that he does is fairly high, but nobody is rooting for it. Except Rastak and that stupid ass bear fan :!:

exactly.. no one really hates Arod.. and no one wants to see the Packers fail... its just that very few actually believe he's that good... but it'll all be decided this season or the next, so its a mute point

MJZiggy
08-22-2008, 10:23 PM
Arod??? I clicked on this thread to see if AJ was gonna play week one. Anyone care to speculate?

Guiness
08-23-2008, 12:48 PM
I wonder if certain individuals here would jump to Favre's defense indicating no one player loses games by himself, including playoff games. They are won and lost by the team. The team created by the GM, and by that thought the guy ultimately responsible for the failure using that logic.

Mmm, I was thinking that. I HATE it when I see "3-7 in the last 10 years"...

cpk1994
08-23-2008, 12:53 PM

exactly.. no one really hates Arod.. and no one wants to see the Packers fail... its just that very few actually believe he's that good... but it'll all be decided this season or the next, so its a mute pointThe word is "moot" not "mute". BY using the word "mute", you are saying is that the point makes no sound. Kind of a pet peeve of mine, but I thought I would point it out as a general FYI to the forum.

Guiness
08-23-2008, 12:57 PM
I didn't call you an idiot. I said only idiots blame one player in a team game. Sorry, but that's the truth.

Maybe you didn't directly call him one, but you quoted his post, said he needed a course in logic, then refered to 'some idiots'. (deleted to get rid of the ridiculous quote string) At best, I would've taken it as a backhander.

For the record, I agree with you TB. Obviously, there are times that one play going differently would have changed the outcome of a game (like Romo's bungled hold) but you still can't pin the result on one play/player!

MJZiggy
08-23-2008, 01:22 PM
Arod??? I clicked on this thread to see if AJ was gonna play week one. Anyone care to speculate?

I guess this means we can't talk about AJ Hawk in the AJ Hawk thread. Damn. :( I wanted to know how he was doing.

Charles Woodson
08-23-2008, 02:00 PM

I guess this means we can't talk about AJ Hawk in the AJ Hawk thread. Damn. :( I wanted to know how he was doing.
Did you not read the 3rd post?

Guiness
08-23-2008, 02:17 PM

lol - no frustration there, eh? I think the news on Hawk is that there is no news! A chest injury, banned from weightlifting, he doesn't know when he'll be back, and refuses to speculate on whether or not he'll start week 1 against Minnesota. No mandatory injury report, so the coaches aren't talking either. :!: