PDA

View Full Version : OFFICIAL Packers vs. Broncos Game Thread

Pages : 1 2 [3]

Lurker64
08-22-2008, 10:50 PM
Okay, now that worked...what the heck is this and how are they able to show the feed?

Policing the internet is notoriously difficult.

pack4to84
08-22-2008, 10:51 PM
good rush by Hunter

Carolina_Packer
08-22-2008, 10:51 PM
Geez, much better effort overall this week! Still concerns with the backup QB's and other areas, but some nice developments too, like Lumpkin.

Zool
08-22-2008, 10:52 PM
Hackney is a fatty

gbgary
08-22-2008, 10:53 PM
http://www.justin.tv/
I see a guy playing a guitar there...is that what you're watching?

http://channelsurfing.net/watch-online-tv.php?w=sportcenter

Okay, now that worked...what the heck is this and how are they able to show the feed?

it's the magic of the internet.

Zool
08-22-2008, 10:53 PM
All hail the intarwebz!

Lurker64
08-22-2008, 10:54 PM
Man, the closing minutes of preseason games are ugly.

Do you think the Broncos will kick the FG if they have the chance so we get the dreaded: PRESEASON OVERTIME?

Carolina_Packer
Hackney is a fatty

http://media.lawrence.com/img/photos/2004/10/01/1_.jpg

Hey, Hey, Hey!![/url]

gbgary
i wonder if brett's his idol.

pack4to84
08-22-2008, 10:55 PM
1st down GB

Zool
Per the announcer

"the Broncos are practicing their clock management". THey called a timeout after an incomplete pass.

The ref let Hackney get tagged there.

pack4to84
another pressure by Hunter forcing him out of the pocket

pbmax
Nice pursuit from Malone.

boiga
08-22-2008, 10:56 PM
Geez, much better effort overall this week! Still concerns with the backup QB's and other areas, but some nice developments too, like Lumpkin.

Heartily agreed.

+ Rodger's, Blackmon, Lumpkin
- Barnett, Backup QB's, DT's

mraynrand
Hackney is a fatty

He's gonna get himself killed playin like that

Maxie the Taxi
With the scrubs in there you can't tell whether their playing regular or "prevent" defense. Both look the same.

Badgerinmaine

Yeah, but seeing the Packers ahead instead of getting blown out tonight is a beautiful thing. 8-)

pbmax
He did but he wasn't in the grasp, you couldn't call him down there.

Per the announcer

"the Broncos are practicing their clock management". THey called a timeout after an incomplete pass.

Zool
Hackney is a fatty

He's gonna get himself killed playin like that

I was thinking the whole time that the ref would call him down. Then he got tagged.

Lurker64

Yeah, but seeing the Packers ahead instead of getting blown out tonight is a beautiful thing. 8-)

Plus the third preseason game is the most important of the four, it's the one you want to win if you're going 1-3!

Carolina_Packer
08-22-2008, 10:57 PM

Heartily agreed.

+ Rodger's, Blackmon, Lumpkin
- Barnett, Backup QB's, DT's

Do you think TT's done acquring talent to help this year? Last year he pulled Grant out of his bag of tricks. This year?

mraynrand
Wow, check out that Cutler hat hair!

Zool
He did but he wasn't in the grasp, you couldn't call him down there.

Per the announcer

I think you could when a guy is around his legs. I guess if he's not smart enough to throw the ball then he gets what he gets.

Joemailman
08-22-2008, 10:58 PM
Pretty good night for Desmond Bishop. They're gonna have a tough call to make at LB unless they keep 7.

pack4to84
one more kneel down

Carolina_Packer
Wow, did you see how Flynn took a knee there? You can tell he's been working on that.

Maxie the Taxi
08-22-2008, 10:59 PM
Pretty good night for Desmond Bishop. They're gonna have a tough call to make at LB unless they keep 7.

They'll keep all of them except white and lasagne.

Zool
08-22-2008, 10:59 PM
Per Broncos announcer, "Bronco's starters beat the Packers starters"

Score at the end of the 3rd 20-17 Packers. Did I miss something?

Carolina_Packer
08-22-2008, 11:00 PM

Perhaps he was talking about the "moral victory"

HarveyWallbangers
Anybody have any news on the injuries to Sitton, Collins, and Bigby?

pbmax
Only a champion can know how to take a knee like that.

Forgot Jones got hurt. Hope its not bad.

Wow, did you see how Flynn took a knee there? You can tell he's been working on that.

gbgary
later!! it was real!!

pbmax
08-22-2008, 11:01 PM
Broncos held the lead at the half when they pulled Cutler.

boiga
08-22-2008, 11:01 PM

The Broncos brought in their starters at half time, so they have a point. Both teams have reasons to feel good about this game. Rodgers and Cutler were both on target tonight.

pbmax
08-22-2008, 11:02 PM
Not yet.

Maxie the Taxi
08-22-2008, 11:04 PM
They have to think long and hard about signing a QB with some experience.

Zool

Ahh. Didnt start watching till 3mins in the 3rd. Did the run D look as bad as the stats say?

Maxie the Taxi

Ahh. Didnt start watching till 3mins in the 3rd. Did the run D look as bad as the stats say?

Yes.

pittstang5
08-22-2008, 11:05 PM
Not yet.

Just got in. About to watch replay! Yikes! Both starting safeties went down. What Happened? I heard J. Jones was banged up too.

Zool

Yes.

Not awesome.

Carolina_Packer

Totally agree. It doesn't have to be an indictment of the young guys, but a protection of the team's season. Why pin all your backup hopes on the young guys?

Maxie the Taxi
08-22-2008, 11:06 PM

Yes.

Not awesome.

Like someone pointed out, we missed Pickett and Hawk.

RashanGary
08-22-2008, 11:06 PM
Rodgers looks great in that civil war stash

Lurker64
08-22-2008, 11:07 PM
With all these guys out, expect some really scrubby scrubs to play the bulk of the fourth preseason game (where it's traditional that starters only play a couple of series).

Maxie the Taxi
08-22-2008, 11:08 PM

Totally agree. It doesn't have to be an indictment of the young guys, but a protection of the team's season. Why pin all your backup hopes on the young guys?

Brohm just doesn't look comfortable back there. I don't know what it is. Nervous, I guess. Very shaky.

RashanGary
08-22-2008, 11:10 PM
Bohm is young. He just has to keep getting better. If Rodgers gets hurt tomorrow we're probably in trouble. If he gets hurt in 5 weeks we might be OK.

pbmax
08-22-2008, 11:12 PM
At times. They had trouble with a variation of the old misdirection flicker that Sherman stole from Chuckie when he was with the Raiders. The ends kept losing contain while chasing down the line.

And the backup DTs really struggled again just like the Bengals game. Cole and Jolly seemed a step up early, however.

Joemailman
08-22-2008, 11:13 PM
If Rodgers were to get hurt, I think it has to be Flynn. Flynn at least looks like he knows what he wants to do.

Carolina_Packer
08-22-2008, 11:13 PM

Brohm just doesn't look comfortable back there. I don't know what it is. Nervous, I guess. Very shaky.

Do you think TT really plans to take such a risk as to have those two guys be the backups the whole season? Wow. I mean, there was concern about it before camp in the off-season, but now...That doesn't mean I think they are bad players, just not ready now and with any possible ding to A-Rod, we can't afford that much of a let down behind him. I heard TT say recently that life is full of risks when talking about the risk of going with rookie backups. Ah, yes, life is, but this is more like common sense and preparedness.

CaliforniaCheez
08-22-2008, 11:26 PM
3rd string QB Brian Brohm.

That ought to shake him and his agent up.

Maybe he will spend some time with the playbook.

Carolina_Packer
08-22-2008, 11:28 PM

Maybe he will spend some time with the playbook.

Of course we don't know what his study habits are. He could be great in prepararation, but who cares if he gets too nervous in the games? The backup QB spot has to be addressed with a veteran with WCO experience.

Partial
08-23-2008, 12:30 AM
The problem with special teams is it makes you consider keeping bad players. Bush doesn't have a spot on this team outside special teams. But he is an absolute bear on st. White is also a straight up hoss on st as well. Those two single handedly brought us a win in Philly last year if you recall.

Partial
08-23-2008, 12:33 AM
I think its cuz he still holds the ball goofy.. kinda like a college QB where as Favre was wild with the ball in his motions.. Arods is just more compact.. which is better? I have no idea, but it seems they both work haha

Also, Rodgers is in a lot better shape now than he was a couple of years ago. After all, M3 wasn't impressed by his arm strength back with SF either.

Grooming a QB helps.

Lee really needed to catch that one.

I think you're very right here.. I mean he did have 3 seasons of working out, and busting his ass during practice to get prepared for this.. he should be in the best shape of his life right now.. which may be a reason for the growth in arm strength... my only concern is I still haven't seen anything downfield yet... but maybe it'l come

He throws it hard but the projectile looks less catchable. On the Packers pre-game on am620 they were analyzing his trajectory and commented about how it appears to be less catchable.

That said, I didn't see the game yet but his stat line is pretty solid. Seems to me that it is a solid A-/B+. So, we've had a B, an F, and an A-. What we really need is some consistency!

th87
08-23-2008, 03:10 AM
I think its cuz he still holds the ball goofy.. kinda like a college QB where as Favre was wild with the ball in his motions.. Arods is just more compact.. which is better? I have no idea, but it seems they both work haha

Also, Rodgers is in a lot better shape now than he was a couple of years ago. After all, M3 wasn't impressed by his arm strength back with SF either.

Grooming a QB helps.

I think you're very right here.. I mean he did have 3 seasons of working out, and busting his ass during practice to get prepared for this.. he should be in the best shape of his life right now.. which may be a reason for the growth in arm strength... my only concern is I still haven't seen anything downfield yet... but maybe it'l come

He throws it hard but the projectile looks less catchable. On the Packers pre-game on am620 they were analyzing his trajectory and commented about how it appears to be less catchable.

That said, I didn't see the game yet but his stat line is pretty solid. Seems to me that it is a solid A-/B+. So, we've had a B, an F, and an A-. What we really need is some consistency!

He threw it away twice and had one dropped. What would he have to do to get an A? Morph into Favre?

Partial
08-23-2008, 09:16 AM

Grooming a QB helps.

He threw it away twice and had one dropped. What would he have to do to get an A? Morph into Favre?

Scored touchdowns not field goals? I didn't see the game, but I've seen Chad Pennington put up similiar nights in terms of accuracy and yardage. This team won't win a lot of game with 2 touchdowns and two fgs.

That said, you can't expect much more from him. His night was exactly what he needed to silence some critics.

pbmax
08-23-2008, 09:28 AM
He had a hand in one drive stalling with his false start. But the other stalled FG drive was courtesy of his teammates.

Harlan Huckleby
08-23-2008, 11:02 AM

Its not a big deal. You don't expect a rookie QB to be ready to start, ARod was hardly ready to play when he was a rookie. Either was Favre, come to think of it.