PDA

View Full Version : Favre/Jets room please

AtlPackFan
08-23-2008, 10:39 AM
Mad,

Would it be possible to open a room for all things Brett/Jets and move those threads out of the Packers discussion.

An Atlanta Green Bay Packers fan

Harlan Huckleby
08-23-2008, 10:48 AM
hey, I think AtlPackFan is on to something here.

Brett Favre has really become a separate topic, a divisive one, and I think people will cooperate with putting their comments there. It's obvious what belongs there, and will be easy to police.

I like the cut of your jib, AtlPackFan, thanks for the great idea.

AtlPackFan
08-23-2008, 10:55 AM
I like the cut of your jib, AtlPackFan.

Thanks! My wife likes that "jib" part too. :oops:

Tarlam!
08-23-2008, 10:59 AM
I won't bother me if we do have a seperate room, but, we only have 2 Favre threads on the front page. It hardly seems like the effort is warranted.

GBRulz
08-23-2008, 11:13 AM
If you start something like this, it only opens up a can of worms. Many of us like to keep up with what is going on elsewhere in the league, namely the NFCN. Lions, Vikings and Bears aren't Packers, so then people would say they should get their own room, too. During draft time, the forum is flooded with draft info, which personally I don't get into, but many around here do. I simply read the topics I want and ignore the ones I don't. I could go on, but I think you see the point.

I like the "cut and dry" layout here. If it's about football, it goes here, if it's not, it goes in the RR. If you like things categorized, check out packerchatters. IMO, it's annoying how they have everything categorized like they do. Plus, it would create alot of extra work for our mods by having to move threads.

AtlPackFan
08-23-2008, 11:18 AM
I won't bother me if we do have a seperate room, but, we only have 2 Favre threads on the front page. It hardly seems like the effort is warranted.

How much of an effort it is? I'm not trying to be a wise-ass...I really don't know. Is it a huge time/resources investment to open another room?

The Bucks thread only has 147 posts total. I think we had more than that on Favre and/or the Jets in the past month.

OK, that may be stretching it a bit. :oops: :roll:

Point is I don't see the Favre/Jets posts going away. Especially if the Jets start out like gangbusters and the Packers stumble. I would just like to be able to go to the Packers thread and read Packers discussions...not Favre/Jets posts.

3irty1
08-23-2008, 11:27 AM
The Packers forum has actually always been a forum for anything NFL.

Tarlam!
08-23-2008, 11:29 AM
Favre will always be a Packer. We're just loaning him to the Jets right now. I'm not bothered in the slightest by people still wanting to post about the guy, or the Jets.

I only speak for myself, of course, but if I don't want to partake in certain content I just don't click on the thread.

AtlPackFan
08-23-2008, 11:35 AM
If you start something like this, it only opens up a can of worms. Many of us like to keep up with what is going on elsewhere in the league, namely the NFCN. Lions, Vikings and Bears aren't Packers, so then people would say they should get their own room, too. During draft time, the forum is flooded with draft info, which personally I don't get into, but many around here do. I simply read the topics I want and ignore the ones I don't. I could go on, but I think you see the point.

I like the "cut and dry" layout here. If it's about football, it goes here, if it's not, it goes in the RR. If you like things categorized, check out packerchatters. IMO, it's annoying how they have everything categorized like they do. Plus, it would create alot of extra work for our mods by having to move threads.

The Lions, Bears and Vikings are in our division. The Jets are not. And the draft directlly affects the Packers.

And what...I'm not allowed to voice an opinion or offer a suggestion on the website layout without being told to go to another chat site?

If its a lot of extra work/resources fine. If its not, I dont' see the harm in separating the Favre stuff out.

DannoMac21
08-23-2008, 12:12 PM
There's already a separate board for Favre/Jets topics...it's called "The Garbage Can"

GBRulz
08-23-2008, 12:14 PM
I don't think you're understanding my point, APF. I just said that if you create a separate room for Favre, then people are going to say let's create them for other things, too. Where does it end, ya know?

And by mentioning packerchatters, I was simply pointing out that they have a separate room for everything and personally, I prefer our concept here much better. It's either football or it isn't.

MJZiggy
08-23-2008, 12:20 PM

The Lions, Bears and Vikings are in our division. The Jets are not. And the draft directlly affects the Packers.

And what...I'm not allowed to voice an opinion or offer a suggestion on the website layout without being told to go to another chat site?

If its a lot of extra work/resources fine. If its not, I dont' see the harm in separating the Favre stuff out.

Of course we're allowed to offer up discussion and talk about it. It's also allowed for people to have differing opinions about it. When Favre first got traded, I wouldn't have minded another room about it at all. I wanted to focus on my team and put all the distraction and fighting, etc. behind me. But now I wonder if we siphon the Favre stuff out to another room that the people who actually want to talk about him don't want to go to a different room to do it, then we will have Favre stuff scattered in other threads like when he was first traded. Then will they have to move all those threads to the "Favre Room" or will people be yelling at each other to only discuss Favre where he "belongs?"

I don't mind the threads now and it's kind of nice to see how he's doing over there.

Bretsky
08-23-2008, 12:28 PM
I don't think you're understanding my point, APF. I just said that if you create a separate room for Favre, then people are going to say let's create them for other things, too. Where does it end, ya know?

And by mentioning packerchatters, I was simply pointing out that they have a separate room for everything and personally, I prefer our concept here much better. It's either football or it isn't.

Completely agree and 100% against the idea

Charles Woodson
08-23-2008, 12:29 PM
Theres no reason for it, I think 3irty1 explained it best that, the packers part of the site is for everything related to the nfl. I mean looking at whats on now, going by what you want atl, what does tiki barber have to do with the packers? or Gene upshaw? Its easiest and best to just keep it all in one place, and now especially that the favre fiasco has calmed down there isnt a need for it.

Bretsky
08-23-2008, 12:30 PM

yup

bobblehead
08-23-2008, 01:08 PM

How much of an effort it is? I'm not trying to be a wise-ass...I really don't know. Is it a huge time/resources investment to open another room?

The Bucks thread only has 147 posts total. I think we had more than that on Favre and/or the Jets in the past month.

Point is I don't see the Favre/Jets posts going away. Especially if the Jets start out like gangbusters and the Packers stumble. I would just like to be able to go to the Packers thread and read Packers discussions...not Favre/Jets posts.

Its already dying down, the only people still getting too involved are those looking for a reaction. We all know where everyone stands and posters like myself are done repeating their positions so therefore its dying off. Don't sweat it, if you aren't interested, don't read it.

mmmdk
08-23-2008, 01:12 PM
Nah, let'em stay.

Packers > legend jackass

Cheap shots are free these days. :lol:

AtlPackFan
08-23-2008, 01:36 PM
Theres no reason for it, I think 3irty1 explained it best that, the packers part of the site is for everything related to the nfl. I mean looking at whats on now, going by what you want atl, what does tiki barber have to do with the packers? or Gene upshaw? Its easiest and best to just keep it all in one place, and now especially that the favre fiasco has calmed down there isnt a need for it.

There is one thread on Gene Upshaw and one on Tiki Barber. Not multiple. And for what my opinion is worth, I believe the Favre threads will rise or fall depending on how the Packers and the Jets do.

AtlPackFan
08-23-2008, 01:38 PM

Its already dying down, the only people still getting too involved are those looking for a reaction.

You mean like the Favre vs. Rodgers thread. :mrgreen:

Fine, I surrender. I wasn't looking for a fight. It just seemed that the Packer chat was getting lost in the Favre chat and the last time I looked, #4 wasn't on the Packers roster anymore. I just think its time to move on.

mraynrand
08-23-2008, 01:39 PM
Setting up a Favre/Jets room is about as effective as the smoking and non-smoking sections that used to be on airplanes.

mraynrand
08-23-2008, 01:40 PM

Its already dying down, the only people still getting too involved are those looking for a reaction.

Fine, I surrender. I wasn't looking for a fight. It just seemed that the Packer chat was getting lost in the Favre chat and the last time I looked, #4 wasn't on the Packers roster anymore. I just think its time to move on.

Probably the best way to 'move on' is to not create threads with either 'Favre' or 'Jets' in the title.

Charles Woodson
08-23-2008, 02:05 PM

There is one thread on Gene Upshaw and one on Tiki Barber. Not multiple. And for what my opinion is worth, I believe the Favre threads will rise or fall depending on how the Packers and the Jets do.
Its called an example, im pointing out that the Packer forum is not only packer related.

AtlPackFan
08-23-2008, 02:24 PM
Setting up a Favre/Jets room is about as effective as the smoking and non-smoking sections that used to be on airplanes.

What? That didn't work? :mrgreen:

AtlPackFan
08-23-2008, 02:25 PM

Probably the best way to 'move on' is to not create threads with either 'Favre' or 'Jets' in the title.

Point taken

mmmdk
08-23-2008, 02:29 PM

...are you saying we should ban the "smokers" here? :lol:

MJZiggy
08-23-2008, 02:34 PM
I think that depends on what you're smoking, Michael...

The Gunshooter
08-23-2008, 03:10 PM
I am against changing the rules while I am on the winning side of the debate.

bobblehead
08-23-2008, 04:44 PM

Actually that thread was much like this one, I was sarcastically saying it was going on far too long and keep it to one thread...and yes, I was merely looking for a reaction. I didn't really care who posted on it, I already pretty much know where everyone stands on it.

Harlan Huckleby
08-23-2008, 04:54 PM
There's already a separate board for Favre/Jets topics...it's called "The Garbage Can"

:lol:

Deputy Nutz
08-23-2008, 11:14 PM
How about we delete all threads that are a repeat? This thread has already been posted, and already debated.

We have an official Favre/Jets thread and most keep to that thread if talking directly about Favre and the Jets.

HarveyWallbangers
08-23-2008, 11:25 PM
Mad,

Would it be possible to open a room for all things Brett/Jets and move those threads out of the Packers discussion.

An Atlanta Green Bay Packers fan

I kind of agree with your sentiment, but I don't think most agree. Unfortunately, I'm bracing myself for Favre/Rodgers and Jets/Packers comparison all year--no matter who does better. It's going to get ugly.

Joemailman
08-23-2008, 11:48 PM
I don't think the Favre threads are a big problem anymore. Around the time Favre was traded, some people went overboard with the number of Favre threads, but that seems to have dissipated.

Harlan Huckleby
08-24-2008, 11:13 AM
I kind of agree with your sentiment, but I don't think most agree.

Actually, the poll that was conducted was strongly in favor of a Brett Favre room. Mad doesn't want it, so forget it.

It's just a so-so idea. People would have cooperated with it, I think, but categorizing things is kind of annoying.

Harlan Huckleby
08-24-2008, 11:14 AM
I don't think the Favre threads are a big problem anymore. Around the time Favre was traded, some people went overboard with the number of Favre threads, but that seems to have dissipated.

maybe we need to anticipate problems, take pre-emptive action. Maybe create a "fire Ted Thompson?" room now.

Bretsky
08-24-2008, 11:52 AM
HH you should be the pot stirring rat

Deputy Nutz
08-24-2008, 07:43 PM
WTF, why can't we have a Obama's VP room while we are at it. The Romper Room is full of threads about it, I call for an official area of the Forum for a Biden as VP Candidate. Mad, what can we do about this?

mraynrand
08-24-2008, 08:07 PM
How about we delete all threads that are a repeat? This thread has already been posted, and already debated.

We have an official Favre/Jets thread and most keep to that thread if talking directly about Favre and the Jets.

Don't start deleting threads - how will I ever go back and re-live the verve of a well-constructed Harlan post: The Outrage! The Humor! The Swift-esque scatalogical coprophilia! Please, in the name of Winston Smith and in the name of Trotsky's shoes, don't delete history!

GrnBay007
08-24-2008, 08:50 PM

maybe we need to anticipate problems, take pre-emptive action. Maybe create a "fire Ted Thompson?" room now.

While you're at it, create a separate room for your bowel movement threads. :roll:

Harlan Huckleby
08-24-2008, 09:53 PM
A large majority of people voted for a separate Brett Favre room in the poll.

Nearly all who have spoken against it are passionate Favre fans who are pissed-off about Favre's exit.

Could it be that the Favre Fans want to keep BF front and center so they can continue to nurture their sense of being wronged, seek vengence if Rodgers struggles and Favre soars?

After all, some of these "just let him play" folks were pressing for Favre to be released so he could play for the Vikes and really extract holy vengence.

I think I may be on to something here. Yes indeedy.

I guess all's fair in love and forums. But then you can't turn around and complain about a lack of civility, that's double dipping.

mraynrand
08-24-2008, 10:02 PM
Could it be Harlan, that it should be obvious to all (except perhaps to those who think the Senate is protected from extremists) that a figure like Favre, dominant in Green Bay for 17 years, leaving the way he did and STILL playing, will invite comparisons and references in all sorts of contexts, for the foreseeable future, whether someone was 'one his side,' 'against him,' or neutral? To ask people to not think about him or restrict comments about him to some pre-designated space is the height of naivete and absurdity.

GrnBay007
08-24-2008, 10:04 PM

Almost everyone who has spoken against it are passionate Favre fans who are pissed-off about Favre's exit.

Could it be that the Favre Fans want to keep BF front and center so they can continue to nurture their sense of being wronged, seek vengence if Rodgers struggles and Favre soars?

After all, some of these "just let him play" folks were pressing for Favre to be released so he could play for the Vikes and really extract holy vengence.

Why is it so difficult to believe people can cheer for the Packers AND for Brett Favre with the Jets? I think it's great to be able to read about both at one site. Anyway, in the PR rules it states if it's about football, post it in the Packers forum. Jets, Favre = football.

Could it be that those that are happy Favre is gone kinda want to go with the "out of site, out of mind" ? I mean, if he's out of site, out of mind nobody has to wonder WHAT IF all season long. His decision to play for the Jets makes it a little harder for those people.

GrnBay007
08-24-2008, 10:06 PM
To ask people to not think about him or restrict comments about him to some pre-designated space is the height of naivete and absurdity.

:bclap:

Harlan Huckleby
08-24-2008, 10:07 PM
The idea would not be to hermetically seal the Packers forum from references to BF. Just like the current Packer forum occasionally strays a bit.

I understand your theory that it can't work. I think you are wrong, but the only way to know for sure would be to try it.

Harlan Huckleby
08-24-2008, 10:08 PM
To ask people to not think about him or restrict comments about him to some pre-designated space is the height of naivete and absurdity.

you say it is impossible because you don't want it.

separating forums into topics is not rocket science. It is routine.

Bretsky
08-24-2008, 10:10 PM

Nearly all who have spoken against it are passionate Favre fans who are pissed-off about Favre's exit.

I guess all's fair in love and forums. But then you can't turn around and complain about a lack of civility, that's double dipping.

I don't recall a "large majority" but you never spoke for Wynn either

Could it be that this is a football forum and the Jets are in football ?

Are you trying to "Stir the Pot" even more with the "let him play folks" reference ? Aren't those the types of stir the pot comments what leads to more fighting and emotions ?

I'm ready to move on; I see you can't just let it go with the logic that football posts are in the football section....just like things have always been

Harlan Huckleby
08-24-2008, 10:11 PM
Why is it so difficult to believe people can cheer for the Packers AND for Brett Favre with the Jets?
more of the persecution complex. nobody is arguing this point.

Anyway, in the PR rules it states if it's about football, post it in the Packers forum. Jets, Favre = football.

right, fine. the proposal was to add a room, change the rule.

Harlan Huckleby
08-24-2008, 10:14 PM

that was a joke, bretsky. and yes, a solid majority voted for a separate room.

I'm ready to move on; I see you can't just let it go with the logic that football posts are in the football section....just like things have always been

I really don't care that much about it. Just pointing out the obvious.

GrnBay007
08-24-2008, 10:16 PM
more of the persecution complex.

You mean like you having to skip over those nasty, terrible threads about Favre?

Zool
08-24-2008, 10:16 PM
Holy shit, can we just stop about this alternate forum already? Its not going to happen, and debating the point is moo.

Harlan Huckleby
08-24-2008, 10:17 PM
i don't skip over them, I read them.

I don't care very much about the BFR idea, even tho i'm for it.

Bretsky
08-24-2008, 10:17 PM

that was a joke, bretsky. and yes, a solid majority voted for a separate room.

I really don't care that much about it. Just pointing out the obvious.

I don't get it; if you don't care then the only purpose you are serving by continuing to refer to it is more forum chaos.

Harlan Huckleby
08-24-2008, 10:18 PM
I don't get it; if you don't care then the only purpose you are serving by continuing to refer to it is more forum chaos.

are you in chaos?

the people who matter are against a BFR, so its not going to happen.

Bretsky
08-24-2008, 10:20 PM

are you in chaos?

Nope

I have enough real life chaos in my world to ever allow a forum to put me there
I doubt many would classify me as one who lights into others too much; but it does happen.

Harlan Huckleby
08-24-2008, 10:21 PM
I'm in chaos. And somebody is going to pay.

GrnBay007
08-24-2008, 10:23 PM
I'm in chaos. And somebody is going to pay.

We understand you lost your "companion". It's time to move on....I think we've heard that before. :P

Harlan Huckleby
08-24-2008, 10:25 PM
are you suggesting i need to get a grip? I thought we agreed to keep things civil.

GrnBay007
08-24-2008, 10:27 PM
are you suggesting i need to get a grip?

Maybe a new toilet? :D

mraynrand
08-25-2008, 08:46 AM

you say it is impossible because you don't want it.

separating forums into topics is not rocket science. It is routine.

Wrong again. It's inevitable due to the nature of sports fans. You're inability to understand this borders on pathological.

retailguy
08-25-2008, 10:55 AM
Wasn't there a separate Harlan Huckleby room a while back called "The Lockdown". Couldn't we resurrect that and solve two problems at once?

MadtownPacker
08-25-2008, 01:41 PM
There are 3 Favre threads on the first page include this one. One is the official thread people seem to be putting all the Favre stuff in. Very courteous of them to do that. The other is a tribute to the last 16 years. So without this one there are 2 threads. Hardly warrants complaining about a Favre room really.

But most important, making a special section for the QB of another team on what is considered a Packers forum would be lame.

HarveyWallbangers
08-25-2008, 02:41 PM
There are 3 Favre threads on the first page include this one. One is the official thread people seem to be putting all the Favre stuff in. Very courteous of them to do that. The other is a tribute to the last 16 years. So without this one there are 2 threads. Hardly warrants complaining about a Favre room really.

But most important, making a special section for the QB of another team on what is considered a Packers forum would be lame.

It will change. Right after the trade, it was half Favre threads. At some point during the season, probably several times, it will be like that again. I'm not for changing anything on the forum, but personally I'm all Favred out.

mmmdk
08-25-2008, 02:48 PM

It will change. Right after the trade, it was half Favre threads. At some point during the season, probably several times, it will be like that again. I'm not for changing anything on the forum, but personally I'm all Favred out.

So many have a beef with Favre...my tommy hurst too! :lol:

Merlin
08-25-2008, 02:51 PM
Brett Favre moved on to another team, so did Vince Lombardi as well as a lot of Packer greats. We don't have a separate room for all of them and this is no different. The broader issue to me isn't the whole ugly way Favre's exit went down (mainly because there is a lot there we don't have a clue about), it's the lack of respect for a player that brought as much to the Packers as any other former Packer player/coach did. Like Favre or hate Favre, I sure didn't see all of this complaining when the Packers were in playoffs, Super Bowls, etc that Favre was a part of. If your hatred for Favre is that great, then I guess the past 16 years as a Packer Fan must have absolutely sucked for you. You probably think the Packers were successful most of those years despite Favre. That's fine but I don't think you are going to get much sympathy when someone climbs all over you and questions your loyalty to the Packers when you conveniently forget all Favre did while he was here.

Rodgers to Favre comparisons are biased and unfair to both players. When Rodgers didn't have a great game against San Fran, staunch Rodgers supporters shifted the focus off of Rodgers onto Favre, and my only question to that is why? Why not talk about the guy that actually plays for us? You have to take the good with the bad and as ANY true Packer Fan knows, that goes for every player on the team past, present, and future. Favre is no longer our QB but I will root for him in a Jet's uniform.

The question everyone needs to ask themselves is this:

If it was the Jet's vs the Packers, who would you be rooting for? If you don't say the Packers, then you have no reason to be on this site.

MOBB DEEP
08-25-2008, 03:07 PM
Brett Favre moved on to another team, so did Vince Lombardi as well as a lot of Packer greats. We don't have a separate room for all of them and this is no different. The broader issue to me isn't the whole ugly way Favre's exit went down (mainly because there is a lot there we don't have a clue about), it's the lack of respect for a player that brought as much to the Packers as any other former Packer player/coach did. Like Favre or hate Favre, I sure didn't see all of this complaining when the Packers were in playoffs, Super Bowls, etc that Favre was a part of. If your hatred for Favre is that great, then I guess the past 16 years as a Packer Fan must have absolutely sucked for you. You probably think the Packers were successful most of those years despite Favre. That's fine but I don't think you are going to get much sympathy when someone climbs all over you and questions your loyalty to the Packers when you conveniently forget all Favre did while he was here.

Rodgers to Favre comparisons are biased and unfair to both players. When Rodgers didn't have a great game against San Fran, staunch Rodgers supporters shifted the focus off of Rodgers onto Favre, and my only question to that is why? Why not talk about the guy that actually plays for us? You have to take the good with the bad and as ANY true Packer Fan knows, that goes for every player on the team past, present, and future. Favre is no longer our QB but I will root for him in a Jet's uniform.

If it was the Jet's vs the Packers, who would you be rooting for? If you don't say the Packers, then you have no reason to be on this site.

good post

question: ive always wondered if vikings or bears fans r allowed on this site?

how about posters with big pics of players from other teams in their signature?

HarveyWallbangers
08-25-2008, 03:11 PM
If you were around when Favre retired, you'd see that few showed any lack of respect for Favre. People didn't respect what he did after that. That's fine. It's over. For me, it's all about the Packers at this point. I'll have mild interest in Favre--just like I had mild interest in what Ahman did after he went to Houston.

woodbuck27
08-25-2008, 03:22 PM
I disagree with a Special Brett Favre room. It should be 'in your face' for all of us to see and be reminded of, till Brett Favre decides, he wants to retire.

That move or a special Brett Favre Room only satisfies those unloyal to Favre. It would then be too easy for all the Brett Favre haters to run and hide, if all news on Favre has to be segregated at PACKERRATS.

Such a move is clearly bordering on not democratic and to satisfy the ass kissing group that wants to run the show in our Packer home. You know who you are. All you who so clearly didn't feel we needed this man anymore may feel the burn in your stomach of your own sour smoke.

You wanted it. So live with it. It's called KARMA Lady and gentlemen. :D

HarveyWallbangers
08-25-2008, 03:27 PM
Karma is a Ted Thompson led team being one pass from the Super Bowl.

woodbuck27
08-25-2008, 03:32 PM
Karma is a Ted Thompson led team being one pass from the Super Bowl.

What got us there Harvey.

It wasn't a QB named Aaron Rodgers. You of all people realize the value Favre gave us last season. That went a long ways to 13-3. His play protected our 'D' a lot.

Come to yourself and eat the rest Harvey. It doesn't look too good on you. Your too smart to not go where I suggest Harv. Get real. :D

HarveyWallbangers
08-25-2008, 03:36 PM
You of all people realize the value Favre gave us last season. That went a long ways to 13-3.

True, but I also think that Favre would have a hard time duplicating what he did last year in 2008. 2005 was horrible. 2006 was average. 2007 was great. I think 2008 would be somewhere in between. I'd say slightly better than 2006. Looking at Favre before that NFC Championship Game made me feel like maybe it was time for him to move on, and I was okay with him retiring.

I'll also give Rodgers a chance. I think he's capable of playing well.

Harlan Huckleby
08-25-2008, 06:33 PM
I disagree with a Special Brett Favre room. It should be 'in your face' for all of us to see and be reminded of, till Brett Favre decides, he wants to retire.

That move or a special Brett Favre Room only satisfies those unloyal to Favre. It would then be too easy for all the Brett Favre haters to run and hide, if all news on Favre has to be segregated at PACKERRATS.

Such a move is clearly bordering on not democratic and to satisfy the ass kissing group that wants to run the show in our Packer home. You know who you are. All you who so clearly didn't feel we needed this man anymore may feel the burn in your stomach of your own sour smoke.

FINALLY, a Favre fan speaks the truth!

The other Favre Fans were pretending not to be pissed off.

The Shadow
08-25-2008, 06:47 PM

I think the true karma aspect at work here is more likely the tragic consequences of allowing yourself to be be fooled into thinking that your ego outweighed all.

Tyrone Bigguns
08-25-2008, 06:53 PM

Loyal to Favre. What kind of bullshit is that. I'm loyal to the packers.

It is this type of thinking that doomed canada to third world status.

Bretsky
08-25-2008, 06:56 PM

FINALLY, a Favre fan speaks the truth!

The other Favre Fans were pretending not to be pissed off.

Pot Stirring Rat

AtlPackFan
08-25-2008, 07:51 PM
Arrrrrggggghhhh! What a mess.

Blue Dog and Harvey, I'm sorry I wasn't there for your support but fact is I come to the site infrequently and Post less.

My suggestion wasn't to bury Favre threads to chat room hell because I'm a Favre hater (which I AM NOT) who doesn't want to see any utterance of him ever POSTed again, but rather to separate the POSTs out from the other Packers POSTs so that people who wanted to post/read/respond to Favre/Jets threads could easily find such threads in one place and those who wanted to read Packers threads didn't have to wade through the Favre threads. There wasn't anything sinister intended but as I go back through this thread I see that others who don't agree with my opinion have labeled me naive and absurd, others hae applauded that description and others suggest I visit another chat site...permanently. Fine.

There may be only a few Favre posts now but if Rodgers stumbles (which I would expect - as a first year starter - he will) and Favre has a good season (which I think he will) the naysayers from both sides are going to come out with a flurry of Favre/Rodgers/Thompson posts that are going to consume the Packers room.

I have been a part of this site almost from the beginning. To me it was everything the Journal/Sentinel chat room wasn't because people were civil to one another even when they vehemently disagreed. No more. This Favre mess has brought out the worst from both sides.

Mad, do me one last favor please. Just delete this entire thread.

MOBB DEEP
08-26-2008, 10:28 AM

Blue Dog and Harvey, I'm sorry I wasn't there for your support but fact is I come to the site infrequently and Post less.

My suggestion wasn't to bury Favre threads to chat room hell because I'm a Favre hater (which I AM NOT) who doesn't want to see any utterance of him ever POSTed again, but rather to separate the POSTs out from the other Packers POSTs so that people who wanted to post/read/respond to Favre/Jets threads could easily find such threads in one place and those who wanted to read Packers threads didn't have to wade through the Favre threads. There wasn't anything sinister intended but as I go back through this thread I see that others who don't agree with my opinion have labeled me naive and absurd, others hae applauded that description and others suggest I visit another chat site...permanently. Fine.

There may be only a few Favre posts now but if Rodgers stumbles (which I would expect - as a first year starter - he will) and Favre has a good season (which I think he will) the naysayers from both sides are going to come out with a flurry of Favre/Rodgers/Thompson posts that are going to consume the Packers room.

I have been a part of this site almost from the beginning. To me it was everything the Journal/Sentinel chat room wasn't because people were civil to one another even when they vehemently disagreed. No more. This Favre mess has brought out the worst from both sides.

The problem is that too many poeple feel the need to be the gatekeeper of a darn public forum instead of jus taking it for what it's worth; a mere trivial past time (4 me this is just an escape from my daily grind in a psych ward and in-home therapy in impoverished areas).

just take charge of our personal lives where we all have REAL issues to pray about and address....

Harlan Huckleby
08-26-2008, 11:37 AM
The problem is that too many poeple feel the need to be the gatekeeper of a darn public forum instead of jus taking it for what it's worth

I take it you are criticizing Madtown for moving threads criticial of Favre and his fans. Or are you referring to all the hand-wringing from the persecuted Favre Fans, calling for the stifling of posters?

The original suggestion for the Favre Room back in July was a temporary measure to allow people to avoid Favre mania. The calls for censorship came from the Favre fanatics, who were losing the arguments badly with Favre's each and every blunder.

mraynrand
08-26-2008, 11:48 AM

What's the problem? You posted and got a range of responses. Isn't that what you expect from a forum? And why would anyone expect that discussion of Favre wouldn't dominate following the bizarre events surrounding his departure. Was there another forum where the conversation was MORE civil than here. I think it's been great. everyone gets their chance to talk, vent, etc. and for the most part it's easy to avoid discussions you don't like. and if you want to change the discussion, you can just start a new topic. But don't expect a conversation about the long-snapper to get as much interest as whether the team is better off without without Favre. And you should expect Favre loyalists, Favre haters, and people who are annoyed with Favre's drama queen behavior, but still think he's a better option at QB (I'm in the last group). And why delete the thread? Trotsky's shoes will still remain!!

Scott Campbell
08-26-2008, 01:12 PM
You know who you are. All you who so clearly didn't feel we needed this man anymore may feel the burn in your stomach of your own sour smoke.

Very poignant passage Woodrow.

MadtownPacker
08-26-2008, 01:14 PM
The problem is that too many poeple feel the need to be the gatekeeper of a darn public forum instead of jus taking it for what it's worth

I take it you are criticizing Madtown for moving threads criticial of Favre and his fans. Or are you referring to all the hand-wringing from the persecuted Favre Fans, calling for the stifling of posters?

The original suggestion for the Favre Room back in July was a temporary measure to allow people to avoid Favre mania. The calls for censorship came from the Favre fanatics, who were losing the arguments badly with Favre's each and every blunder.
The threads that where moved had nothing to do with football or Favre. They directly attacked posters by name and nothing else. It was the exact kind of stuff you where crying about not so long ago. You did it just to get a reaction.

Doesn't it get old Harlan? I know it does for me. I honestly would feel much better if a bus hits you when you are crossing the street because I am tired of you. You take the fun out of this place for me.

Go ahead and make a stupid comment now.

Harlan Huckleby
08-26-2008, 01:16 PM
I'm glad you are unhappy.

MadtownPacker
08-26-2008, 01:17 PM
I'm glad you are unhappy.I already know how you get your hard on. Tell me something I dont know.

Sparkey
08-26-2008, 01:25 PM
You know who you are. All you who so clearly didn't feel we needed this man anymore may feel the burn in your stomach of your own sour smoke.

Hmmm,

You sound like the "virtuous man" that was telling me I would feel the burn of my sins as I was walking into a strip bar in the Dells. :cry: :twisted: :lol: I have always enjoyed listening to the self appointed moral right guiding me on my twisted path of damnation. :roll:

Scott Campbell
08-26-2008, 01:27 PM

Hmmm,

You sound like the "virtous" that was telling me I would feel the burn of my sins as I wsa walking into a strip bar in the Dells. :cry: :twisted: :lol:

Yeah, Woody thinks he's a step closer to God than the rest of us assholes.

Scott Campbell
08-26-2008, 01:32 PM
I'm glad you are unhappy.

Because misery loves company?

cpk1994
08-27-2008, 04:55 AM

Says the poster with a NY Jets avatar.

retailguy
08-27-2008, 08:54 AM
All you who so clearly didn't feel we needed this man anymore may feel the burn in your stomach of your own sour smoke.

Have you been reading those Tom Clancy novels again? :P Harsh words bubba.

MOBB DEEP
08-27-2008, 09:04 AM

Says the poster with a NY Jets avatar.

lol