PDA

View Full Version : Where are the A-Rod Haters -- Part 3?

rbaloha1
08-23-2008, 12:38 PM
Impressive performance -- where is the love?

BTW what happens if A-Rod had a dismal performance? Why are the negatives emphasized the positives dismissed?

Your thoughts Packer Nation.

Bretsky
08-23-2008, 12:40 PM
I wonder if we're going to have 20 of these separate threads ?

cpk1994
08-23-2008, 12:41 PM
I think this one in particular is a must. If you are going to come in last week and tear ARod a new one, you better have the nuts to come in here today and give Aaron his props and not backhanded either. I think ARod did very well and is very capable of leading this team to the playoffs. Now, if we can just work on that DL........

GBRulz
08-23-2008, 12:42 PM
This almost makes me miss the "Ted is trapped in the closet" threads !!!

Bretsky
08-23-2008, 12:44 PM
I think this one in particular is a must. If you are going to come in last week and tear ARod a new one, you better have the nuts to come in here today and give Aaron his props and not backhanded either. I think ARod did very well and is very capable of leading this team to the playoffs. Now, if we can just work on that DL........

ya it's great for the posters with opposing views to keep jamming each other based on how AROD plays each week :roll:

The Leaper
08-23-2008, 12:44 PM
Rodgers played well.

I think most who question the decision to go with Rodgers instead of Favre aren't believing that Rodgers will be consistently crappy. They believe Rodgers is going to be very up and down this year...which is only typical for a first time starter.

To this point, I can't say that Rodgers has done anything to disprove that he may be relatively inconsistent in 2008. Bad scrimmage...decent preseason opener...bad game @SF...very good game @DEN.

I expect the up and downs to continue for much of the year. No point in getting all excited about a single good performance or a bad one. He's going to go through both.

Bretsky
08-23-2008, 12:46 PM
I should prefact this........I think the original poster had good intent and doesn't have a history of the I told you so menality.

I missed the game, but it sounds like AROL played awesome. To be honest I'm not going to be high or low on him until probably halfway into the regular season and I do my best to keep an even keel about him.

cpk1994
08-23-2008, 12:47 PM

ya it's great for the posters with opposing views to keep jamming each other based on how AROD plays each week :roll:ALl Im saying is that if you are going to jump all over Aaron for bad play, like last week and predict gloom and doom, the least you can do is come back in and give Aaron praise and credit when he earned it. This isn't about jamming anybody. It's about being fair to ARod, which some can't.

bobblehead
08-23-2008, 12:50 PM

Nope....23 of them

RashanGary
08-23-2008, 12:51 PM
I didn't go into the Arod hate threads last week. There are a couple posters that I just skip over their posts. When they are in a back and forth conversation in a thread I won't read the thread. There is a very easy thing we all can do if we don't like something. Don't read it. It's acctually very easy to do.

Bretsky
08-23-2008, 12:51 PM

Nope....23 of them

Gosh I sure hope so :lol:

GBRulz
08-23-2008, 12:52 PM
I agree, Leaper. It's going to be an up and down season, I think we all expect that. Heck, look at Favre's first 2-3 years in the league.... I remember yelling at Holmgren on TV to bench the guy!!

Gotta have patience with Rodgers and I think most of us realize that he isn't Favre, nor will be ever be Favre. We just want him to be successful in GB and that there will be some growing pains associated with that.

RashanGary
08-23-2008, 12:54 PM
I hope he's a lot more consistant than FAvre was early in his career. I don't think he'll make the spectacluar plays that Favre made early in his career, but I hope he doesn't make as many dumb mistakes that FAvre made through his whole career (until last year and a couple of years under Holmgren).

Lurker64

Nope....23 of them

Gosh I sure hope so :lol:

I think we might need one for the pro-bowl too.

bobblehead
I agree, Leaper. It's going to be an up and down season, I think we all expect that. Heck, look at Favre's first 2-3 years in the league.... I remember yelling at Holmgren on TV to bench the guy!!

Gotta have patience with Rodgers and I think most of us realize that he isn't Favre, nor will be ever be Favre. We just want him to be successful in GB and that there will be some growing pains associated with that.

Heck, look at brett from post MVP's thru the '06 season....that was up and down.

GBRulz
08-23-2008, 12:57 PM
ALl Im saying is that if you are going to jump all over Aaron for bad play, like last week and predict gloom and doom, the least you can do is come back in and give Aaron praise and credit when he earned it. This isn't about jamming anybody. It's about being fair to ARod, which some can't.

Frankly, I'm pissed that Jon Ryan didn't get his own thread for his much improved performance, either.
:roll:

Have you even read the comments from the Bronco game? Rodgers has received kudos from many for his much improved performance. What more do you want?

RashanGary
08-23-2008, 12:59 PM
Why do Favre lovers feel the need to come in here and make a big war out of this. It's nothing to fight about. Do we really have to roll our eyes at people and use the sarcastic put downs?

gex
08-23-2008, 01:06 PM
I don't understand the purpose of these threads, Who has gone and actually said they want rodgers to fail or do bad. Some have stated that they believe he will not be as good or better than Favre. I hope that a-rod does great and the rest of this very talented team takes us to a SB victory. :D

GBRulz
08-23-2008, 01:07 PM
Why do Favre lovers feel the need to come in here and make a big war out of this. It's nothing to fight about.

Nobody is fighting about anything, JH. I spoke up because I don't agree with what these threads imply. Which is when Rodgers does good, people don't throw a party, but when he does bad, they get all over his @ss. Granted, there are a couple exclusions in the group but overall, people in here fully support him.

Why is it so difficult for people to comprehend that many of us here love Favre, but also are 100% Packer fans. Why does there need to be a line?

mmmdk
08-23-2008, 01:08 PM
ALl Im saying is that if you are going to jump all over Aaron for bad play, like last week and predict gloom and doom, the least you can do is come back in and give Aaron praise and credit when he earned it. This isn't about jamming anybody. It's about being fair to ARod, which some can't.

Frankly, I'm pissed that Jon Ryan didn't get his own thread for his much improved performance, either.

Have you even read the comments from the Bronco game? Rodgers has received kudos from many for his much improved performance. What more do you want?

Nothing - Ryan and Rodsky ROCKS!

bobblehead
08-23-2008, 01:10 PM
Why do Favre lovers feel the need to come in here and make a big war out of this. It's nothing to fight about.

Nobody is fighting about anything, JH. I spoke up because I don't agree with what these threads imply. Which is when Rodgers does good, people don't throw a party, but when he does bad, they get all over his @ss. Granted, there are a couple exclusions in the group but overall, people in here fully support him.

Why is it so difficult for people to comprehend that many of us here love Favre, but also are 100% Packer fans. Why does there need to be a line?

Agreed, we are down to 2-3 posters on each side of this issue that just HAVE TO BE RIGHT even if they drag this out all season...its over, cheer for arod and BF, until the superbowl, then you can state your loyalties if it comes to that.

gex
08-23-2008, 01:10 PM
There are a couple posters that I just skip over their posts.

jh wrote:
Why do Favre lovers feel the ne......

Did someone say something. :D

RashanGary
08-23-2008, 01:11 PM

It's not up to you what people post so really you should just stay out of it and not read if you don't like it. Didn't you say that to someone else in one of the Favre lover threads that you support? Take your own advice, eh?

gex
08-23-2008, 01:11 PM
I don't understand the purpose of these threads, Who has gone and actually said they want rodgers to fail or do bad. Some have stated that they believe he will not be as good or better than Favre. I hope that a-rod does great and the rest of this very talented team takes us to a SB victory. :D

GBRulz
08-23-2008, 01:17 PM
It's not up to you what people post so really you should just stay out of it and not read if you don't like it. Didn't you say that to someone else in one of the Favre lover threads that you support? Take your own advice, eh?

Totally different concept. People would come into threads with Favre articles and bitch about Favre content on here. So yeah, if you don't want to read about him, don't read the thread.

However, when someone creates a thread implying that people aren't supporting Rodgers, yes I am going to speak up.

cpk1994
08-23-2008, 01:17 PM

Have you even read the comments from the Bronco game? Rodgers has received kudos from many for his much improved performance. What more do you want?ANd thats fine. Im simply saying those that cirtcize ARod should give credit when due. Thats all. Nothing more. Nothing less.

RashanGary
08-23-2008, 01:22 PM
Yeah, and someone started a thread about Rodgers having time to throw and in his opening post he called out the Rodgers excuse makers. Low and behold, none of the Favre lovers jumped in and said there was no reason to call out Rodgers excuse makers. Nope, they had fun in the thread, joked around and were generally happy to have the Rodgers excuse makers called out. Now there is a thread that calls out Rodgers haters (which may or may not be a small group. If you're not part of it then don't worry about it, it's not meant for you anyway). Look who shows up to try to hold the Rodgers crowd down.

Funny how that works, huh? Totally same concept and you need to take your own advice and don't read it if you don't like it.

cpk1994
08-23-2008, 01:39 PM
Yeah, and someone started a thread about Rodgers having time to throw and in his opening post he called out the Rodgers excuse makers. Low and behold, none of the Favre lovers jumped in and said there was no reason to call out Rodgers excuse makers. Nope, they had fun in the thread, joked around and were generally happy to have the Rodgers excuse makers called out. Now there is a thread that calls out Rodgers haters (which may or may not be a small group. If you're not part of it then don't worry about it, it's not meant for you anyway). Look who shows up to try to hold the Rodgers crowd down.

Funny how that works, huh? Totally same concept and you need to take your own advice and don't read it if you don't like it.Not to mention that I notice a couple of posters who were only too willing to tear into Rodgers are conspicously absent this week. Not saying they don't have a legitimate excuse, but just noticing.

Partial
08-23-2008, 01:51 PM
A- performance. Good enough to win with. Now let's see it consistently. I'm still very, very grey on him as its WAY to early. If you're going to call people out when he has a good game, you had better be prepared to take it when he fails. It's about 11 weeks too early for this.

retailguy
08-23-2008, 02:34 PM
A- performance. Good enough to win with. Now let's see it consistently. I'm still very, very grey on him as its WAY to early. If you're going to call people out when he has a good game, you had better be prepared to take it when he fails. It's about 11 weeks too early for this.

Good to hear he played well.... Whew.

Pugger
08-23-2008, 05:26 PM
I haven't seen it on this forum, but on other boards I've seen posts by some idiots hoping Aaron and/or the Pack fails! These creaps want the Packers to lose so the Executive Committee will be forced to fire TT and MM. Most of us weren't all that wild about Brett being traded but most of us are Packers fans first and want the team to win. One thug on the Press-Gazette forum hopes someone will break Aaron's leg!! :shock: How outrageous is that?? :evil:

boiga
08-23-2008, 06:16 PM
I missed the game, but it sounds like AROL played awesome. To be honest I'm not going to be high or low on him until probably halfway into the regular season and I do my best to keep an even keel about him.

Awesome is probably a bit of an overstatement. Rodgers came into this game with the primary intent of avoiding risk. He checked down rather than risk a long ball, he never held onto the ball waiting for an opening, and he dinked and dunked the entire half.

The only reason that this worked was because B-Jack, Jenning, Martin, and some others made tremendous second efforts to turn those check downs into first downs. In a regular season game, that kind of timidity would be our downfall because the opposing D would start crowding in over the course of the game. Rodgers will have to air it out a little more frequently to keep the other team honest. Some risks are worth taking, but he'll need more in game experience before he can make those kind of judgments reliably.

pbmax
08-23-2008, 06:48 PM
I don't mind the sniping, some of you are quite funny while being just a little snide and mean. Others substitute emotion and bile; those are not as much fun.

I just wish we could come up with something besides haters and lovers. Perhaps:

For Rodgers Supporters: Prefer Upside Spirited Singleminded Youth

For Favre Supporters or People Concerned Over This Year's Super Bowl Window - Prefer Adult Nervy Sagacious Yokel

:lol:

And if those acronyms need to be in the Romer Room or GC, then just delete this post Mods. Just jokes.

MJZiggy
08-23-2008, 07:02 PM
Jokes have a tendency to be funny sometimes.

pbmax
08-23-2008, 07:27 PM
Not always, though? :D

Jokes have a tendency to be funny sometimes.

Tyrone Bigguns
08-23-2008, 07:37 PM

Awesome is probably a bit of an overstatement. Rodgers came into this game with the primary intent of avoiding risk. He checked down rather than risk a long ball, he never held onto the ball waiting for an opening, and he dinked and dunked the entire half.

The only reason that this worked was because B-Jack, Jenning, Martin, and some others made tremendous second efforts to turn those check downs into first downs. In a regular season game, that kind of timidity would be our downfall because the opposing D would start crowding in over the course of the game. Rodgers will have to air it out a little more frequently to keep the other team honest. Some risks are worth taking, but he'll need more in game experience before he can make those kind of judgments reliably.

You do realize that the reason it worked is exactly what the west coast is suppose to do...second efforts by the receiver.

That ain't timidity..that is the game plan. How many times did Montana launch bombs.

And, if you are correct that the D will crowd...excellent..then we beat them with a slant or a bomb.

boiga
08-23-2008, 08:43 PM
I don't think you are wrong Ty.

My point was just that this wasn't a jaw dropping "awesome" performance by Rodgers. His stats were great because he played safe and the receivers made plays, but Rodgers was merely "very good." If he can maintain this level consistently for the rest of his career, we should all be satisfied. However, it would make him a journeyman caliber QB and not the HOF'er that some of us are hoping he develops into.

Chevelle2
08-23-2008, 08:45 PM

My point was just that this wasn't a jaw dropping "awesome" performance by Rodgers. His stats were great because he played safe and the receivers made plays, but Rodgers was merely "very good." If he can maintain this level consistently for the rest of his career, we should all be satisfied. However, it would make him a journeyman caliber QB and not the HOF'er that some of us are hoping he develops into.

Journey men QBs have 120 QB ratings in games?

MJZiggy
08-23-2008, 08:48 PM
I think the dinking and dunking was more intended to allow him to get into a rhythm. I think once he's more difficult to stop while dinking and dunking is when they start to set him loose a bit more. I think the idea is to let him start with something he can have success with and build consistency on first.

Bossman641
08-23-2008, 08:57 PM

I'd rather Rodgers take what the defense is giving him rather than force a deep ball for the hell of it.

You wait until the defense jumps on the short stuff, then you go over the top.

boiga
08-23-2008, 09:13 PM
Journey men QBs have 120 QB ratings in games? Yes they can. In fact the only way to consistently get high QB rating is to dink and dunk with high completion percentage throws and never attempt a long ball. That's the biggest reason that QB rating is a worthless stat.

I think the dinking and dunking was more intended to allow him to get into a rhythm. I think once he's more difficult to stop while dinking and dunking is when they start to set him loose a bit more. I think the idea is to let him start with something he can have success with and build consistency on first. I agree heartily. I guess I'm just a little worried that this high emphasis on consistency and minimizing risk will make Rodgers hesitate on a crucial game winning deep pass because of how much slack he would get should it be intercepted.

I'm just looking forward to when Rodgers has the confidence to take some risks and win a game through a spectacular high risk throw.

rbaloha1
08-23-2008, 09:31 PM
Great feedback and more objectivity about A-Rod performances.

Granted it was preseason. Granted the Broncos played a soft zone and blitzed much less than 49ers but what this game showed was:

1. Good tempo and rhythm by the offense.
2. Good pass blocking.
3. Good leadership by AR.
4. Sharp, accurate and crisp throws.
5. AR continues to throw the ball away if the receiver is covered especially in the red zone.
6. Greg Jennings is ready.

As other posters mentioned the regular season is the true test.

Others are concerned if AR is a hall of famer or a journeyman. IMO its irrelevant since the team is designed around an efficient qb rather than a superstar qb.

Partial
08-23-2008, 09:48 PM
I think the dinking and dunking was more intended to allow him to get into a rhythm. I think once he's more difficult to stop while dinking and dunking is when they start to set him loose a bit more. I think the idea is to let him start with something he can have success with and build consistency on first.

smart lady.

Lurker64
08-23-2008, 10:22 PM

smart lady.

Well, that is the theory of the West Coast offense you run short and horizontal high percentage passes which stretch the defense out, which both opens up running lanes and deeper passes. "Dinking of dunking" might be to get Rodgers into rhythm, but it might be that, at the core of it, this is how the WCO is supposed to operate. You break the predictability of "run for short distances, pass for long distances" by passing for short distances, which sets up runs for long distances, and the defense reacting to both sets up passes for long distances and runs for short distances.

So if Rodgers starts a game by throwing a ton of short complete passes that move the ball and march down the field, eventually scoring a TD, I would just say he's running the offense properly.

Bretsky
08-23-2008, 10:47 PM
I don't mind the sniping, some of you are quite funny while being just a little snide and mean. Others substitute emotion and bile; those are not as much fun.

For Favre Supporters or People Concerned Over This Year's Super Bowl Window - Prefer Adult Nervy Sagacious Yokel

And if those acronyms need to be in the Romer Room or GC, then just delete this post Mods. Just jokes.

How about he Favre Supporters are the

Guys that want the great one night stand

And the Rodgers supporters are the

Chick or Guy who wants the serious long term relationship :?:

HarveyWallbangers
08-23-2008, 11:17 PM
Totally different concept. People would come into threads with Favre articles and bitch about Favre content on here. So yeah, if you don't want to read about him, don't read the thread.

To be fair, that was me you responded to, and it wasn't just Favre content. It was a thread with a title calling the "GB Brass" idiots. Like we haven't had enough of the name calling. That's what I was saying maybe we could move on from.

SnakeLH2006
08-24-2008, 05:27 AM

How about he Favre Supporters are the

Guys that want the great one night stand

And the Rodgers supporters are the

Chick or Guy who wants the serious long term relationship :?:

Don't get me wrong....had long term relationships with girls from 15-25.....been single and been craving/loving that big play with freedom over the past 2 years. Yea, a Favre supporter, but more importantly a Packer/Arod supporter.

The sure thing in a relationship is great, but sometimes you wanna launch one deep (do things that traditional girls/QB's won't do regularly)...Those special girls/QB's become MVP's....MVP's win championships (the things you'll remember and cherish long after your playing glory). Let's hope (and I support Arod in spite of our ex's exploits ((good and bad)) does those things to win the big one.

Harlan Huckleby
08-24-2008, 11:35 AM
Don't get me wrong....had long term relationships with girls from 15-25

what was your technique for luring the 15-year-olds? The old hot tub?

bobblehead
08-24-2008, 11:42 AM

smart lady.

Yea, I remember screaming back in the day as holmgren would have favre throwing a 6 yard pass on 3rd and 10. It was smart then and its smart now. Our QB this season has a disting goal of not screwing up too bad, making just enough plays that the overall talent of the team carries us.

Merlin
08-24-2008, 04:35 PM
Rodgers looked decent against Denver. I think the play calling was more to build his confidence and more in-line with that. The short passes on 3rd and long, etc. Also there were mor ehot reqad slants and underneath patterns this game that were sorely lacking against the 49er's. He looked VERY jumpy back there, more-so then I have seen him thus far, with good reason no doubt. The line stinks, and no amount of merry-go-round is going to fix it. We simply do not have the right players in there. My fears are still that the line will cut short anything Rodgers has to offer this team. I fear Rodgers will be compelled into making decisions based upon past experiences with his line's blocking. I think Rodgers can be a very good QB, but this line isn't helping him or the team. But then again "we like who we have here".

MOBB DEEP
08-24-2008, 05:38 PM

It was a thread with a title calling the "GB Brass" idiots. Like we haven't had enough of the name calling.

what fool would call GB brass idiots??

Tyrone Bigguns
08-24-2008, 06:46 PM

I disagree about the journeyman part. You know, there are plenty of very good qbs that aren't hof.

bobblehead
08-24-2008, 11:10 PM

I disagree about the journeyman part. You know, there are plenty of very good qbs that aren't hof.

He's gonna be a first ballot HOFer, no doubt....bronze the bust now.

Chevelle2
08-24-2008, 11:11 PM

He's gonna be a first ballot HOFer, no doubt....bronze the bust now.

mature.......what TB said was very true.

bobblehead
08-24-2008, 11:38 PM
I know, I was being sarcastic since so many people are quick to call him a failure if he doesn't do everything brett did last year.

Noodle
08-25-2008, 12:04 AM
TB is dead right. Lamonica with the Raiders, Jones with the Colts, Craig Morton with the Cowboys and Broncos, Plunkett with the Pats and Raiders, Anderson with the Bengals, McMahon with the Bears, Kenny Stabler for the Raiders; and Earl Morrall for the Colts/Dolphins. No HoF. But some high quality qb play.

That's just off the top of my old-foggy head. I don't care if Arod is an HoFer. I care that he steps up as a leader, plays smart, and gives us a chance every week.

Pacopete4
08-25-2008, 01:10 AM
TB is dead right. Lamonica with the Raiders, Jones with the Colts, Craig Morton with the Cowboys and Broncos, Plunkett with the Pats and Raiders, Anderson with the Bengals, McMahon with the Bears, Kenny Stabler for the Raiders; and Earl Morrall for the Colts/Dolphins. No HoF. But some high quality qb play.

That's just off the top of my old-foggy head. I don't care if Arod is an HoFer. I care that he steps up as a leader, plays smart, and gives us a chance every week.

Not to start a fight with anyone but didn't we have those 3 things and HOF play?.. thats the reason all this is so mind boggling to a lot of Favre fans and GB Packer fans is that we had the best... and now he's playing for someone else.. call me a whiner all you want but I want the best players on our team and that didn't happen in the offseason this time... but hopefully we'll be good enough to keep on winning

Lurker64
08-25-2008, 01:23 AM
Brett didn't always play smart and (in recent years) he didn't always give you a chance to win every week. Some weeks Favre would just play terribly and never get out of that funk, for reasons that I still don't understand. The game in Chicago last year was an example of that, for reasons I will never understand, Favre got completely outplayed by Kyle Orton.

Pacopete4
08-25-2008, 01:30 AM
I'm not sure why my font was so big.. but I agree Lurker. But I think if you play as many games as he has, youre going to get shitty ones sometimes.. its just how games are. I think the greatest thing about him was he was here every game, and going into every game he could win or lose the game with a lot of it being because of his play.. it made for an exciting 16 years, thats all I know.

Packerarcher
08-26-2008, 03:19 PM
I never considered myself an AROD hater,I just always thought when Favre was available he was the OBVIOUS choice. AROD looked decent in Denver,he definately has some talent. But I still think he is fragile,if he can stay healthy this year I see the Pack going 8-8.

mraynrand
08-26-2008, 03:25 PM

How about Pornstache Hostetler? There was a good run.

Noodle
08-26-2008, 03:36 PM
Oh man, how could I forget the man who made Ron Jeremy facial hair all the rage.

Good catch. And a really good example of what I was talking about.

mraynrand
08-26-2008, 03:38 PM
Oh man, how could I forget the man who made Ron Jeremy facial hair all the rage.

Ha Ha! Ron Jeremy. As much as it stirs my stomach, I gotta give props to Ty for pointing out the journeymen...

Chevelle2
08-26-2008, 03:52 PM
Favre was available he was the OBVIOUS choice. AROD looked decent in Denver,he definately has some talent. But I still think he is fragile,if he can stay healthy this year I see the Pack going 8-8.

When made you think Favre was the OBVIOUS choice? His 3-7 playoff record the last 10 years with 20 TOs? Or was it his 1 winning season in the past 3? He wasn't the obvious choice, otherwise Managment would have begged him to come back. We don't know what Rodgers can do, the coaches have a bit more idea than us.

AROD looked decent? That type of completion percentage is Bradyesque, my friend.

Tyrone Bigguns
08-26-2008, 04:16 PM

Exactly, those were some of the names i was thinking of when i made the comment.

I don't care if we have one single HOF on the team. I care about winning the Superbowl. that isn't to say that i don't want them or that i don't see that teams generally win with HOF talent, but i KNOW we can win the SB without a HOF at QB. And, i know we can be a very successful team without a HOF and have many good years without an HOF. Sometimes, unfortunately the breaks don't happen your way..bad coaching ,excellent opponents..ex: the browns against the broncos.

If arod turns out like Stabler...2 SB wins and no HOF..i'll sleep very well. If he has a career like Bernie Kosar..i'll sleep very well.

P.S. Bert Jones was my fav qb growing up. I don't know why i liked the colts. Loved those lydell mitchell and roger carr teams.

Tyrone Bigguns
08-26-2008, 04:17 PM

Ha Ha! Ron Jeremy. As much as it stirs my stomach, I gotta give props to Ty for pointing out the journeymen...

Come to the dark side luke.

The propsition that you are either a journeyman or HOF is ludicrous. And, even if you are a journeyman..you can still win the SB..hello trent dilfer and brad johnson..and i can live with that as well.

mraynrand
08-26-2008, 04:28 PM
The propsition that you are either a journeyman or HOF is ludicrous.

Yep

And, even if you are a journeyman..you can still win the SB..hello trent dilfer and brad johnson..and i can live with that as well.

I can live with it, but I probably won't enjoy it.

Tyrone Bigguns
08-26-2008, 04:38 PM
The propsition that you are either a journeyman or HOF is ludicrous.

Yep

And, even if you are a journeyman..you can still win the SB..hello trent dilfer and brad johnson..and i can live with that as well.

I can live with it, but I probably won't enjoy it.

Enjoyment is overrated. Living with a another SB is underrated.

esoxx
08-26-2008, 06:41 PM
If arod turns out like Stabler...2 SB wins and no HOF..i'll sleep very well.

Even if Stabler had 1 SB win and no HOF, I'll still take it w/ Rodgers.

esoxx
08-26-2008, 06:43 PM
The worst starting QB to appear in a SB was David Woodley.

bobblehead
08-26-2008, 07:54 PM
Favre was available he was the OBVIOUS choice. AROD looked decent in Denver,he definately has some talent. But I still think he is fragile,if he can stay healthy this year I see the Pack going 8-8.

your an optimist, if he were to get hurt early i could see 6-10 very easily.

mraynrand
08-26-2008, 08:52 PM

I disagree on both.

Tyrone Bigguns
08-26-2008, 10:02 PM

I disagree on both.

I find enjoyment in winning. I take no solace in having great offensive production or incredible plays and losing. I'm like Brett..the older i get, the tougher i take losses.

I would take a boring ravens type team with a superbowl over an exciting 11 win GB team anyday.

Tyrone Bigguns
08-26-2008, 10:02 PM
If arod turns out like Stabler...2 SB wins and no HOF..i'll sleep very well.

Even if Stabler had 1 SB win and no HOF, I'll still take it w/ Rodgers.

For sure...then he'd match Favre. :wink:

SkinBasket
08-27-2008, 12:38 AM
You are all cocksuckers. I mean that in a good way.

cpk1994
08-27-2008, 04:38 AM

Come to the dark side luke.

The propsition that you are either a journeyman or HOF is ludicrous. And, even if you are a journeyman..you can still win the SB..hello trent dilfer and brad johnson..and i can live with that as well.Here's another one, Mark Rypien. Not only that but he was the MVP of that game. This Cliff Christl mentality that you need a HOF at QB to get to the Super Bowl is just rediiculous when NFL history shows otherwise.