PDA

View Full Version : Osi Umenyiora out for season.

packers11
08-24-2008, 01:38 PM
NFL Network's Adam Schefter reports that Osi Umenyiora will need surgery on his injured knee and miss the entire 2008 season.

mraynrand
08-24-2008, 01:44 PM
Losing Amenorrhea is a huge blow to the Giants.

The Gunshooter
08-24-2008, 01:47 PM
NFL Network's Adam Schefter reports that Osi Umenyiora will need surgery on his injured knee and miss the entire 2008 season.

This means the Giants will not be repeating. Losing Strahan is one thing, but Umenyiora too? Double ouch!

MOBB DEEP
08-24-2008, 01:48 PM

This means the Giants will not be repeating. Losing Strahan is one thing, but Umenyiora too? Double ouch!

DAYUM!!!!

should get strahan to come back

BallHawk
08-24-2008, 01:49 PM
Shit. That's like us losing Kampman for the season. Freakin tough blow.

Justin Tuck, where art thou?

Zool
08-24-2008, 02:51 PM
Justin Tuck, where art thou?

Preparing to be double teamed about 90% of the time I assume.

pbmax
08-24-2008, 03:02 PM
If you want to add a layer of confusion to our O Line situation think about this:

Much maligned Daryn Colledge fared better against the feared and soon to be doble teamed Justin Tuck in the NFC CHampionship Game than soon to be APB/Tank Hall of Famer Logan Mankins did in the Super Bowl. Strange world.

mraynrand
08-24-2008, 09:58 PM
What a tragedy for the Giants. When their defense is hemorrhaging yards this year, they are going to wish they still had Amenorrhea to stop the bleeding.

Noodle
08-24-2008, 10:55 PM
Underscores how lucky we've been over the past few years. Keep knocking on that wood.

NewsBruin
08-24-2008, 11:51 PM
I've noticed that most of my posting has been off-Packer topics, but here's one thing that's hit me:

With the Jason Taylor trade and Harrell, KGB, Merriman, and Umenimura all having serious-enough injuries, the market and price of defensive linemen has shot up. If we think we've got a good enough team in place, great. But if we think we want or need more, we'd better start searching the rosters before someone else beats us to it.

MadtownPacker
08-24-2008, 11:59 PM
This means the Giants will not be repeating. Losing Strahan is one thing, but Umenyiora too? Double ouch!Yep. That DL that beat down the patriots is gone.

mraynrand
08-25-2008, 08:22 AM
I've noticed that most of my posting has been off-Packer topics, but here's one thing that's hit me:

With the Jason Taylor trade and Harrell, KGB, Merriman, and Umenimura all having serious-enough injuries, the market and price of defensive linemen has shot up. If we think we've got a good enough team in place, great. But if we think we want or need more, we'd better start searching the rosters before someone else beats us to it.

Too late. The Packers are already taking pot shots on Arena League prospects with intriguing size/speed but raw/no talent.

MOBB DEEP
08-25-2008, 04:51 PM

DAYUM!!!!

should get strahan to come back

$8 million after an expensive divorce should def suffice

GO OBAMA...!!

MOBB DEEP
08-26-2008, 10:13 AM
dayum, divorce settlement as it stands for strahan is $15 million for ex-wifey and up to $18,000 a month for their daughters!

a wise man once said "it's cheaper to keep her!"