PDA

View Full Version : Grant Is Back: But Is Lonely, Everyone Else Is Hurt

pbmax
08-24-2008, 04:19 PM
Grant is back practicing according to the usual suspects. But Sitton, Woodson, Jenkins, Jolly, Chillar, Bigby, Bishop and Peprah are not practicing. In addition, Pickett, Harrell, Hawk, Wells are still out.

OLine looked like it did in Denver after Sitton's injury. Clifton, Colledge, Spitz, Moll and The Pillsbury Doughboy (http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=779696)

Fred's Slacks
08-24-2008, 05:04 PM
I hope we get over this injury thing after TC. I just seems to get worse by the day. We've been fortunate with injuries the last couple years, hopefully the injury bug isn't coming around to bite us now.

Pugger
08-24-2008, 07:06 PM
How serious are these injuries? Is MM just being cautious or does the training room look like an infirmary? :(

mraynrand
08-24-2008, 08:10 PM
Grant is back practicing according to the usual suspects. But Sitton, Woodson, Jenkins, Jolly, Chillar, Bigby, Bishop and Peprah are not practicing. In addition, Pickett, Harrell, Hawk, Wells are still out.

OLine looked like it did in Denver after Sitton's injury. Clifton, Colledge, Spitz, Moll and The Pillsbury Doughboy (http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=779696)

I was thinking more the sta-puft marshmallow man.

http://blog.syracuse.com/houselights/2007/11/small_stay-puft.jpg

ahaha
08-24-2008, 10:03 PM
I think we're in pretty good shape, injury wise. Try complaining about injuries to a Giants or a Chargers fan.

texaspackerbacker
08-25-2008, 09:33 AM
Grant is a difference-maker. The Packers have ranged from a little above ordinary to pretty bad this preseason without him.

His development last season was what made the Packers season great. If he is now ready to go, it will be the same this year. Favre then, Rodgers now, that's pretty much a wash. Grant compared to anybody other than the top couple of RBs in the league, that is what puts the Packers on top--along with super receivers, excellent defense, good special teams, a moderately good O Line, and a QB that will not lose games.

mission
08-26-2008, 04:01 AM
Grant is a difference-maker. The Packers have ranged from a little above ordinary to pretty bad this preseason without him.

His development last season was what made the Packers season great. If he is now ready to go, it will be the same this year. Favre then, Rodgers now, that's pretty much a wash. Grant compared to anybody other than the top couple of RBs in the league, that is what puts the Packers on top--along with super receivers, excellent defense, good special teams, a moderately good O Line, and a QB that will not lose games.

100% spot on post!

We were average at best offensively without him last year (at times a shade above because of Brett) but he made all the difference. He opens up the entire field.

Also seems to be a missing topic when debating Rodgers' merit during the preseason. I think it has a lot to do with the inconsistencies.

He's a threat to break one at any time, and from any spot on the field.