PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety Attack

GrnBay007
08-25-2008, 11:06 PM
Anyone ever experience one?

I did this morning when my daughter started her first day at High School.

.....bring on the meds!!! :P

Seemed like only yesterday I was crying when she started kindergarten. Tears again this morning.....only I really had to hide them this time.

Tarlam!
08-26-2008, 01:30 AM
My son has a dyed red Mohawk and contact lenses that make his eyes white. He looks like a wolf.

Do I need meds? Nahhhhh!!!!

GrnBay007
08-26-2008, 08:00 AM
My son has a dyed red Mohawk and contact lenses that make his eyes white. He looks like a wolf.

Do I need meds? Nahhhhh!!!!

:shock: :lol:

wow! Maybe we can share. :D

mraynrand
08-26-2008, 09:12 AM
I'm guessing that your anxiety attack would never end should your daughter start dating Tarlam!'s son.

oregonpackfan
08-26-2008, 10:29 AM

Seemed like only yesterday I was crying when she started kindergarten. Tears again this morning.....only I really had to hide them this time.

Try viewing it as a new chapter in your daughter's life. You think you know what will be revealed but there are surprises. Some of them are good some of them not so good.

Does that help you put away the Kleenix? :)

MadtownPacker
08-26-2008, 10:38 AM
I'm guessing that your anxiety attack would never end should your daughter start dating Tarlam!'s son. :lol: :lol:

Maybe it was all that marmade Aussie Jr ate when he was little.

Harlan Huckleby
08-26-2008, 11:10 AM
marmade?

MadtownPacker
08-26-2008, 12:57 PM
I meant marmalade. That Brit jam he puts on toast.

Harlan Huckleby
08-26-2008, 01:11 PM
from anybody else i would have guessed it was marmalade. but from you I figured it was more of that urban slang that you look up on the internet and use in the forum.

Scott Campbell
08-26-2008, 01:18 PM
from anybody else i would have guessed it was marmalade. but from you I figured it was more of that urban slang that you look up on the internet and use in the forum.

Hmmmm. I thought deciphering Mad's urban slang was the job of your lesbian friend?

swede
08-26-2008, 02:17 PM

Marmalade I'll eat.

Stay away from the Vegemite. It's an oozing brown fluid of cultured yeast favored by Aussies.

Some people say it causes children to cut their hair funny and wear appearance-changing contact lenses--but you shouldn't believe everything you hear.

Jimx29
08-26-2008, 04:15 PM
i've always liked garfield better

mraynrand
08-26-2008, 04:19 PM
i've always liked garfield better

I preferred Chester Arthur.

MadtownPacker
08-26-2008, 06:50 PM

Marmalade I'll eat.

Stay away from the Vegemite. It's an oozing brown fluid of cultured yeast favored by Aussies.Maybe it was vegemite.

BallHawk
08-26-2008, 07:00 PM

Marmalade I'll eat.

Stay away from the Vegemite. It's an oozing brown fluid of cultured yeast favored by Aussies.Maybe it was vegemite.

Vegemite is crap. Marmite is the real thing. Vegemite is just a thing made by the Aussies because they couldn't take the stronger taste of Marmite. Wimps.

Americans are such pansys when it comes to eating marmite. I've given it to about 10 Americans, only 1 ever liked it and it was a 6 year-old. The rest spit it out or even gagged.

packinpatland
08-26-2008, 07:40 PM

You just wait till you're sitting in the church watching her walk down that aisle with her Dad....................talk about tears.... :cry:

GrnBay007
08-26-2008, 10:52 PM

You just wait till you're sitting in the church watching her walk down that aisle with her Dad....................talk about tears.... :cry:

Are you kidding? That's triple dose of meds....lol I was crying when we were putting on her little white first communion dress years ago thinking to myself the next time I'd be helping her put on a white dress would be her wedding day. I stress about these things way in advance!! :?

mraynrand
08-27-2008, 01:05 AM

Are you kidding? That's triple dose of meds....lol I was crying when we were putting on her little white first communion dress years ago thinking to myself the next time I'd be helping her put on a white dress would be her wedding day. I stress about these things way in advance!! :?

How about starting with a kiss first? (as in dances, dates, prom) - before marrying her off....

http://daddytypes.com/archive/cleese_meaning_of_life.jpg

Tarlam!
08-27-2008, 01:44 AM
Vegemite is crap. Marmite is the real thing. Vegemite is just a thing made by the Aussies because they couldn't take the stronger taste of Marmite. Wimps.

Americans are such pansys when it comes to eating marmite. I've given it to about 10 Americans, only 1 ever liked it and it was a 6 year-old. The rest spit it out or even gagged.

I really used to like you, until this post. :lol:

Vegemite is the real stuff. Marmite tastes like ground ants.

And before you start calling Aussies wimps, you might wanna look at the ball sports we play. No helmuts in Rugby.

And, we have 20 million people, not 200 million like some nations. Compare our medal count to yours at the last Olympics and you'll find a lot of us aren't wimps after all.

But we all love Vegemite! :twisted:

Tarlam!
08-27-2008, 01:49 AM
Some people say it causes children to cut their hair funny and wear appearance-changing contact lenses--but you shouldn't believe everything you hear.

Too funny!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

GrnBay007
08-27-2008, 06:54 AM
[

How about starting with a kiss first? (as in dances, dates, prom)

Yeah, she'll be 17 and doing those things before you know.
:lol: :wink:

HowardRoark
08-27-2008, 09:08 AM
My 3 year old kid keeps shitting in his diaper, and it’s really starting to raise my anxiety level too. Next Thursday pre-school starts, and I already pre-paid a couple grand for the year……..but they won’t take him if he shits in his diaper.

I make him run “penalty laps” around the house. Well, I guess at least he doesn’t look like a wolf.

My grandmother always said, “Big kids, big problems. Little kids, little problems.”

oregonpackfan
08-27-2008, 10:58 AM
My 3 year old kid keeps shitting in his diaper, and it’s really starting to raise my anxiety level too. Next Thursday pre-school starts, and I already pre-paid a couple grand for the year……..but they won’t take him if he shits in his diaper.

I make him run “penalty laps” around the house. Well, I guess at least he doesn’t look like a wolf.

My grandmother always said, “Big kids, big problems. Little kids, little problems.”

I remember an amusing story from my days living in Wisconsin. Our neighbors had a bright, precocious, three year old who just wouldn't toilet train.

One day, the kid noticed his older brother was suiting up for hockey practice. He intently watched his brother was put on his athletic supporter with an attached protective cup.

He asked his Mom, "Can I get one of those too?" His Mom answered, "Only big boys who use the toilet instead of their pants get to wear one of those."

The three year old bargained, "If I poop and pee in the toilet instead of my pants, will you buy me one of those?" She agreed.

Within two days the kid was completely potty-trained! On the third day, he was proudly strutting around the neighborhood wearing his new athletic supporter and cup over the outside of his pants! :lol:

retailguy
08-27-2008, 11:17 AM
I remember an amusing story from my days living in Wisconsin. Our neighbors had a bright, precocious, three year old who just wouldn't toilet train.

One day, the kid noticed his older brother was suiting up for hockey practice. He intently watched his brother was put on his athletic supporter with an attached protective cup.

He asked his Mom, "Can I get one of those too?" His Mom answered, "Only big boys who use the toilet instead of their pants get to wear one of those."

The three year old bargained, "If I poop and pee in the toilet instead of my pants, will you buy me one of those?" She agreed.

Within two days the kid was completely potty-trained! On the third day, he was proudly strutting around the neighborhood wearing his new athletic supporter and cup over the outside of his pants! :lol:

Bribery. They'll always be a place for it.... Cute story.

mraynrand
08-27-2008, 11:27 AM
On the third day, he was proudly strutting around the neighborhood wearing his new athletic supporter and cup over the outside of his pants! :lol:

Did I miss something? I always wore mine on the outside. Perhaps that explains the jeering all those years in IM football.

MJZiggy
08-27-2008, 08:05 PM
My kid had a new truck in the bathroom on a shelf that he could only have if he used the toilet. It would have worked a lot faster if he liked trucks more...

BallHawk
08-28-2008, 07:28 PM
I really used to like you, until this post. :lol:

Vegemite is the real stuff. Marmite tastes like ground ants.

And before you start calling Aussies wimps, you might wanna look at the ball sports we play. No helmuts in Rugby.

And, we have 20 million people, not 200 million like some nations. Compare our medal count to yours at the last Olympics and you'll find a lot of us aren't wimps after all.

But we all love Vegemite! :twisted:

I never questioned the Australian's heart or athletic skills. I questioned their taste buds. :D

Vegemite is weak. Admit it, Tar, you can't take Marmite. It's too strong for you.....

Charles Woodson
08-28-2008, 08:41 PM

Lmao i have to say i laughed pretty hard at that. Must be a funny site to watch a 3 year old run penalty laps

Charles Woodson
08-28-2008, 08:41 PM
[

Hey well im only 16 :wink: :wink: if you catch my drift :lol:

GrnBay007
08-28-2008, 09:31 PM
[

Down Boy!! :P
She's only 14. What I meant was she won't be kissing, dating, promming and dancing till she's 17! :lol:

Charles Woodson
08-28-2008, 09:37 PM
[

Down Boy!! :P
She's only 14. What I meant was she won't be kissing, dating, promming and dancing till she's 17! :lol:
Yeaa, that'll last all of.... 1 semester into highschool? :lol:
Na im just kidding. Just make sure she doesnt drink. Its trashy when a girl tries to show off by drinking.

BallHawk
08-28-2008, 09:37 PM
I don't know, they party pretty hard up there in Iowa. :D

GrnBay007
08-28-2008, 09:45 PM
Na im just kidding. Just make sure she doesnt drink. Its trashy when a girl tries to show off by drinking.

I would be lying if I said all the peer pressure in HS doesn't scare me, but she's got a good head on her shoulders. She's involved in sports and has 3 honors classes this year....she'll stay pretty busy.

BallHawk
08-28-2008, 10:07 PM
I would be lying if I said all the peer pressure in HS doesn't scare me, but she's got a good head on her shoulders. She's involved in sports and has 3 honors classes this year....she'll stay pretty busy.

Sounds good. Keep her busy in school to keep her from getting busy out of school. :D

MJZiggy
08-28-2008, 10:09 PM

Hmmmm.....to say it or not to say it? Hmmmm.....

Charles Woodson
08-29-2008, 02:50 PM

Hmmmm.....to say it or not to say it? Hmmmm.....
Go ahead

Tarlam!
08-29-2008, 04:04 PM
I never questioned the Australian's heart or athletic skills. I questioned their taste buds. :D

Vegemite is weak. Admit it, Tar, you can't take Marmite. It's too strong for you.....

Oh, I get it, 'hawk, we're a nation with wimpy tastebuds? Well, have you ever seen what the Aboriginal bush dwellers dine on when they go walkabout? :idea:

Marmite just tastes like crushed up and ground ants. I only know how to compare the two tastes, because of my affinity to Aboriginal Chefs and they have prepared and dined both.

So, if you want to eat English Bush Survival Rations, 'hawk, go ahead - we connoisseurs will continue to demonstrate clear cultural superiority by savouring the caviar of fermented yeast extracts - VEGEMITE!!!

MadtownPacker
08-30-2008, 07:02 PM
So is this stuff spicy or does it just taste like shit?? If not then both of you are lil biznatches.

oregonpackfan
08-30-2008, 07:48 PM

Oh, I get it, 'hawk, we're a nation with wimpy tastebuds? Well, have you ever seen what the Aboriginal bush dwellers dine on when they go walkabout? :idea:

Marmite just tastes like crushed up and ground ants. I only know how to compare the two tastes, because of my affinity to Aboriginal Chefs and they have prepared and dined both.

So, if you want to eat English Bush Survival Rations, 'hawk, go ahead - we connoisseurs will continue to demonstrate clear cultural superiority by savouring the caviar of fermented yeast extracts - VEGEMITE!!!

One year my third grade class had a pen pal exchange with a third grade class in Melbourne, Australia. They sent us a jar of vegemite. I spread a little of the stuff on crackers for each of my students. Not one of them liked it! Frankly, I didn't like it either.

I guess you have to develop a taste for the stuff.

IMO, the Aussie kids got the better taste deal. We sent them a jar of Oregon's Willamette Valley marionberry jam. That spread is delicious!

BallHawk
08-30-2008, 08:03 PM
It is true that you really have to grow up on Marmite/Vegemite. It's not exactly a fresh taste that you love from the first taste.

mraynrand
08-30-2008, 08:33 PM
Vegemite is a lot more tasty if you include cilantro.

Tarlam!
08-31-2008, 01:00 AM
It is true that you really have to grow up on Marmite/Vegemite. It's not exactly a fresh taste that you love from the first taste.

It is absolutely true. If you like the one, you hate the other. And if you start the habit too late, you hate both. That's about as accurate a generalization as you'll find on any subject.

OPF: Most people spread either veg or marm far too thickly and, even for me, that's just revolting. The trick is in remembering "less is more".