PDA

View Full Version : Sitton out 4 weeks; Moll could start at RG

Sparkey
08-26-2008, 10:05 AM
http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080825/PKR01/80825149/1058

With Wells' health still up in the air, looks like Colledge is the LG for the immediate future..... :roll:

Harlan Huckleby
08-26-2008, 11:13 AM
I would say Moll is the weak link in that threesome. But we'll see.

pittstang5
08-26-2008, 11:24 AM

I would agree, however it looks like he's come around in the last week or so compared to earlier in TC. I hope he keeps it up.

I still think, Clifton, Colledge, Wells, Spitz and Tauscher are the Pack's best option right now - provided they are all healthy. IMO, continuity is key. I hate the shuffling around all TC.

Harlan Huckleby
08-26-2008, 11:25 AM
If you want continuity, keep Spitz at center. He is better than Wells.

Lurker64
08-26-2008, 11:33 AM

The problem is that Wells isn't really effective at anything other than Center, and Spitz can also play guard adequately. It's not as cut and dried as "put your best center at that position" since it might result in inferior guard play.

SkinBasket
08-26-2008, 11:34 AM

I'm going to spit in your well if you keep talking like that.

Harlan Huckleby
08-26-2008, 11:43 AM

The problem is that Wells isn't really effective at anything other than Center, and Spitz can also play guard adequately. It's not as cut and dried as "put your best center at that position" since it might result in inferior guard play.

Wells can be a backup center and guard when he fully recovers.

I think their best interior is College-Spitz-Sitton. Let the better of Moll and Barbre keep the RG spot warm until Sitton returns 100%. This is the best strategy to build continuity, and get the best possible line on the field in the long run.

Brohm
08-26-2008, 12:32 PM
Moll seems to be getting that stinger issue put behind him. He was drafted as a long term project but started 10 games as a rookie due to injury and fared well at RG and RT. Not sure why so many gave up on him so quick. I would be comfortable with him as a starter at RG until Sitton gets better then work again as a back-up RT (supposedly his natural position, sound familiar?). At one point it was thought he would be the heir apparent to Tauscher.

Guiness
08-26-2008, 01:08 PM
I see Barbre's name is mentioned in that article, so it seems he's back in the mix, after hypothesis that he may have punched a coach.

Coston is not mentioned though. I'm thinking he's out next round of cuts.

Colledge/Barbre - Spitz - Moll, eh? I think if Moll plays well, Wells will have a heck of a time getting his starting spot back.

Sparkey
08-26-2008, 01:10 PM
Moll seems to be getting that stinger issue put behind him. He was drafted as a long term project but started 10 games as a rookie due to injury and fared well at RG and RT. Not sure why so many gave up on him so quick. I would be comfortable with him as a starter at RG until Sitton gets better then work again as a back-up RT (supposedly his natural position, sound familiar?). At one point it was thought he would be the heir apparent to Tauscher.

People need to remember he only played the O-Line one season in college. The previous year he as a tight-end. For someone with limited experience as a lineman, he showed a lot of ability.

SnakeLH2006
08-28-2008, 01:56 AM

I'd rather have Richard Moll from Night Court.
http://www.goatley.com/hunter/autos/richard-moll-small.jpg