PDA

View Full Version : Is Merriman crazy for playing?

Freak Out
08-27-2008, 01:41 PM
I say he is nutter and should have his knee worked.

retailguy
08-27-2008, 02:50 PM
He has his after football career planned and is taking his name recognition as far as he can...

Just curious? Could this injury plague him in his football "afterlife". I remember reading that Gilberts bicep injury (which he chose to play with) could affect him throughout his life... Can Merriman's?

And yes, HE IS NUTS. Get it fixed, continue to play...

Freak Out
08-27-2008, 04:13 PM
I have not researched his situation very deep......just what most would see but many of the doctors familiar with the injuries he has said he could end his career now if he plays with the knee the way it is....of course it could end anyway because of an injury but he is raising the risk much more than is acceptable. He's young....live to play another day...er year.

Brohm
08-27-2008, 05:24 PM
Yep. Planter's Special.

I hope some retirees get hold of him and explain what it's like getting out of bed in the morning after a football career with NO serious injuries.

Pacopete4
08-27-2008, 05:26 PM
i love it.. no guts, no glory...

channtheman
08-27-2008, 06:49 PM
I think he's nuts to play with his knees. Though to an extent Paco has a point. It is pretty cool to see him going out there anyway, but I would get my knee worked on and continue on next year.

MadtownPacker
08-27-2008, 07:51 PM
Blame it on the roids.

The Gunshooter
08-27-2008, 09:05 PM
San Diego should put him on IR and the Commissioner should step in if they don't. People are not livestock.

boiga
08-27-2008, 09:09 PM
San Diego should put him on IR and the Commissioner should step in if they don't. People are not livestock. I don't know, if anyone is livestock, it's Merriman. HGH, BGH, it's not all that different.

Harlan Huckleby
08-27-2008, 09:32 PM

sounds like you are calling for a knee capping. you spend any time with the mob?

Zool
08-27-2008, 09:47 PM
Its dumb of him to possibly shorten his career and his earning potential. Sometimes you have to do whats best for yourself and this is one of those times.

oregonpackfan
08-27-2008, 09:57 PM
San Diego should put him on IR and the Commissioner should step in if they don't. People are not livestock.

While I don't support Merriman's decision, I don't think the Chargers or the Commissioner should intervene.

I just hope that family members and friends concerned for his long term welfare can talk him into having the surgery.

Freak Out
08-27-2008, 11:09 PM

sounds like you are calling for a knee capping. you spend any time with the mob?

I always preferred breaking fingers.

SnakeLH2006
08-27-2008, 11:36 PM
Its dumb of him to possibly shorten his career and his earning potential. Sometimes you have to do whats best for yourself and this is one of those times.

I agree it is dumb of him, but maybe he realizes that SB window like a lot of young players don't and says fuck it, I'm gonna help this team regardless. It's pretty nutz tho, as he could, if healthy get the biggest defensive player contract in NFL history in a year or two when his rookie contract is up. Hats off to a gamer tho!