PDA

View Full Version : Chris Henry

HarveyWallbangers
06-17-2006, 08:46 PM
Who thought we should take a chance on this guy in the draft last year? I guess this is why teams shy away from players with character issues. For every guy who turns out okay, there's a guy like Henry.

From The Sporting News:

INSIDE DISH: The Bengals can't release talented but troubled WR Chris Henry because he's injured. Henry, who has been arrested four times since December, continues to rehab a sprained knee suffered in the playoff loss to the Steelers. He wasn't cleared to practice in last week's minicamp. According to the NFL Players Association, players who are injured while performing services for their club are entitled to receive their salary for as long as they remain physically unable to play during the season, as well as receive medical care. Players who are released while still injured and unable to play because of the injury must file an injury grievance within 25 days after their release. Henry is a big, fast receiver with tremendous talent. His six TD catches in 2005 were the most by a Bengals rookie since Eddie Brown (eight) in 1985. But his days in Cincinnati are numbered. His repeated scrapes with the law can't be tolerated by a playoff-caliber team that doesn't need the negative distraction.

Anti-Polar Bear
06-17-2006, 08:51 PM
If thompson is smart, he should sign Henry after he is released. Thanks to ted thompson, Terrell Owens, KeyShawn Johnson, Joe Jurevicius, or Chad Jackson isnt starting opposite driver.

Thanks to ted thompson robert ferguson is.

Partial
06-17-2006, 09:07 PM
right... Tank thats stupid. This guy has cancer tattoed all over him

pbmax
06-17-2006, 09:27 PM
If thompson is smart, he should sign Henry after he is released. Thanks to ted thompson, Terrell Owens, KeyShawn Johnson, Joe Jurevicius, or Chad Jackson isnt starting opposite driver.

Thanks to ted thompson robert ferguson is.
Owens: Disaster looming
Johnson: Slow disaster
Jurevicius: Interesting, however, he played better as a #3 than #2. I'm not sure he'd flourish with a starting CB on him
Jackson: Rookie receivers rarely make an impact. Moss is the great exception and he had Carter and Reed to draw attention away

Anti-Polar Bear
06-17-2006, 10:03 PM
Jurevicius: Interesting, however, he played better as a #3 than #2. I'm not sure he'd flourish with a starting CB on him
Jackson: Rookie receivers rarely make an impact. Moss is the great exception and he had Carter and Reed to draw attention away

Owens, Johnson, Jurevicius and Jackson are still better than Ferguson, Gardener, Rogers, and Boerrigeter. Ownes is better than Driver.

Please, even Ahmad Caroll would excel at covering Carter and Reed.

Partial
06-17-2006, 10:04 PM
Better yes, but when they bitch and moan and get a GM fired with ease, the GMs are not likely to take a risk on them

packerpete
06-18-2006, 01:06 AM
Owens, Johnson, Jurevicius and Jackson are still better than Ferguson, Gardener, Rogers, and Boerrigeter. Ownes is better than Driver.

You are a fucking moron. do us all a favor and stop posting.

just keep playing your moronic xbox fantasy shit because you know nothing of real humans working alongside each other in a TEAM endeavor.

Numbers at the end of a season doesnt mean a player can help a team, attitude and team play makes winners, not simply numbers.

maybe jurevicius fits, jackson is a complete unknown, the other two are individuals with no character, cancers on a TEAM.

I cannot say with certainty what would be better, but I also know with absolute certainty that you cannot make that determination.

as for carroll... his achievements on the field parallel your posting acumen... shitty at best. maybe carroll can improve...

SD GB fan
06-18-2006, 01:10 AM
its best just to ignore his posts. few of his posts are valid but most of the time he just wants the attention. or at least i HOPE he just wants the attention and is not a complete dumbass.

Partial
06-18-2006, 01:37 AM
Thats a bit harsh. Cris Carter is a future HOF player. Give him some due respect.

Anti-Polar Bear
06-18-2006, 03:01 AM
do us all a favor and stop posting.

hahaha, i will...when you stop reading. :lol:

RashanGary
06-18-2006, 03:46 AM
Idiot :lol:

Fosco33
06-18-2006, 09:07 AM
Hey Guys-

Lay off APB - aka Tank. Sure, most of his posts don't make a ton of sense to a lot of people, but I think I figured him out - he's comic relief. Don't take yourselves and your opinions so seriously.

woodbuck27
06-18-2006, 09:20 AM
Hey Guys-

Lay off APB - aka Tank. Sure, most of his posts don't make a ton of sense to a lot of people, but I think I figured him out - he's comic relief. Don't take yourselves and your opinions so seriously.

The one thing that Tank makes a strong argument on is why isn't T.O. in Green Bay for the real boost we needed at WR. I also wished for that and many disagreed, which is most understandable given his reputation. Instead he's giving it (what ever that will be ) in Dallas, and 'that boat has left the dock'.

Can anyone tell me if TT made a serious run at T.O. I was absent from the forum when he became 'a Cowboy'. I know only that he was one of the early FA signings. Thanks, if you have any info. on that.

And Tank. . . YOU are you and do make many interesting and solid arguments even if some are in total disagreement. Hang in there Packer fan.

pbmax
06-18-2006, 09:35 AM

Carrol couldn't cover Carter if he was a blanket. Carrol would look like a new logo on the Metrodome turf after Carter ran him over. Besides Safety being the most important position on defense, this is one of the more indefensible things you have claimed.

There are plenty of players in the NFL who might be better than our second string players. But when you are paying them first string money you are being foolish. And Owens would blow up eventually.

Most of your suggestions involve paying too much to shore up one position ignoring the future, depth and other areas of your football team.

I suppose you like to trade up in the draft as well?

pbmax
06-18-2006, 09:44 AM
Can anyone tell me if TT made a serious run at T.O. I was absent from the forum when he became 'a Cowboy'. I know only that he was one of the early FA signings. Thanks, if you have any info. on that.

And Tank. . . YOU are you and do make many interesting and solid arguments even if some are in total disagreement. Hang in there Packer fan.
APB does need to keep posting, agree or disagree with him, as we need to hold T2 accountable just as we piled on Sherman when he made mistakes. Someone needs to raise the questions.

And woodbuck, T2 made several comments about players they contacted that had already decided to go somewhere else or weren't interested. Its possible TO was in that group. Favre inquired about him, but it never got past that point, as far as I know.

I wonder what Favre would have done the first time Owens called him out for a pass that was off target and led him stright into a defender?

Mazzin
06-18-2006, 10:32 AM
Tank don't listen to PackerPete keep em coming....although some of your off the wall stuff does make me laugh sometimes.

Wether you agree with Tank or not, we all agree that even if you "say" that T.O. is a cancer, you MUST admit that if the packers got him we would ALL be glowing like light bulbs, thats all we would talk about, and even though yes he is a cancer he is a cancer that can PERFORM!

Tony Oday
06-19-2006, 03:54 PM
Tank I thought Sherman was the best GM ever and you are ripping one of his WR picks?

Partial
06-19-2006, 04:33 PM
Tank don't listen to PackerPete keep em coming....although some of your off the wall stuff does make me laugh sometimes.

Wether you agree with Tank or not, we all agree that even if you "say" that T.O. is a cancer, you MUST admit that if the packers got him we would ALL be glowing like light bulbs, thats all we would talk about, and even though yes he is a cancer he is a cancer that can PERFORM!

Yes, we'd have a super bowl and then the year after TO would ride the pine from being an ass, brett would be gone, and their would be chaos in the locker room. TO is NOT worth it.