PDA

View Full Version : Predictions: Surprise Packer Cuts to Get to 53

SnakeLH2006
08-27-2008, 11:57 PM
Read an excellent post on the KGB thread and got to thinking about our cuts now that we are at 75 and need to go to 53 in a week.

With this, the 53 man roster has more defensive players due to injuries and that means Coston gets cut. Sitton should be back for week 3. Hunter provides more value than Coston.

When I look at those to be cut I see:

1) Tai Smith WR
2) Johnny Quinn WR
3) Ryan Keenan OG
4) Orrin Thompson OT**
5) Breno Giacomini OT **
6) Brennan Carvalho C
7) Joey Haynos TE**
8) Jake Allen WR
9) Noah Herron RB
10) Greg Lumpkin RB**
11) Corey White FB**
12) Conrad Bolston DT
13) Rodney Allen DT
14) Alfred Malone DT
15) Spencer Havner LB
16) Danny Lansanah LB
17) Joe Porter CB **
18) Scorpio Babers CB
19) Tyrone Culver S
20) Jarret Bush S
21) Brett Swain WR **

Hard to cry over any of those cuts (several like Lansanah, Haynos, Gia make the practice squad)..but I was assuming we would be so deep we'd have to let some good players go, but that list is fine with me other than Lumpkin, who would get reps on a team in a heartbeat with his running skills ala Ahman Green so far in preseason. Feel free to put your cuts up/modify this list as that is pretty good stuff from CaliCheese showing we won't lose much when the shit goes down <<que Cypress Hill. :)

Will there be any surprise/good players cut you think?

Pacopete4
08-28-2008, 12:16 AM
I hope Lumpkin don't get cut.. I think this guy deserves a chance on this squad from what we've seen from him so far..

SnakeLH2006
08-28-2008, 12:44 AM
I hope Lumpkin don't get cut.. I think this guy deserves a chance on this squad from what we've seen from him so far..

No doubt....we're the new age Broncos getting dime-rate paid RB's on the cheap (Gado, Grant, etc.) as of late....He's a keeper, no way we cut him.

mission
08-28-2008, 01:44 AM

No doubt....we're the new age Broncos getting dime-rate paid RB's on the cheap (Gado, Grant, etc.) as of late....He's a keeper, no way we cut him.

Actually agree with you. Even with the fumble, I'm down to keep him around.

If Herron makes the squad... urg...

SnakeLH2006
08-28-2008, 01:48 AM

Actually agree with you. Even with the fumble, I'm down to keep him around.

If Herron makes the squad... urg...

Rumor had it Herron was Favre's sheeps partner...They kept him based on "chemistry"..Herron was Favre's buddy tho, no way they keep him now (potential, or production)...Dude's a leadfoot. Grab yo pinkslip, doors on the right Herr (absolutely no burst).

The Leaper
08-28-2008, 08:09 AM
Can't see them cutting KGB...we don't have pass rushers to replace him with. Since we have the cap room, the Packers may as well roll the dice and hope KGB can get healthy enough to contribute.

mraynrand
08-28-2008, 09:03 AM
When they cut Danny Lasagne, they'd better not forget the garlic bread, antipasta, and a good bottle of Chianti.

Maxie the Taxi
08-29-2008, 08:02 AM
Morency is my suprise cut. Sure, according to M3, he's had a good camp. But I haven't seen it in games. He's blah. Lumpy can replace what he brings to the party.