PDA

View Full Version : Rodgers

LL2
08-28-2008, 11:37 PM
Has he won over the critics yet? 1-1 and a 68 yard TD pass. Other than the 49er game he had a good preseason. I'm looking forward to what he does against the Vikes.

Bretsky
08-28-2008, 11:38 PM
I'm a fan so far and am optimistic; he needs to stay injury free so ask again in twelve weeks.

Joemailman
08-28-2008, 11:56 PM
Rodgers did about as well as anyone could have hoped for. I'm cautiously optimistic, but the real test will be how he does against the multiple defensive looks he will see once the regular season starts.

Tarlam!
08-28-2008, 11:57 PM
NFL.com analyst put it well

A-Rod is in a no win situation. If the Pack are winning games, it will be because the team is so deep, young yet experienced.

If the Pack are losing a lot, it will be because of the change at QB

I tend to agree with this sentiment and the battle will continue to divide fans.

Joemailman
08-29-2008, 12:06 AM
I disagree. If Rodgers does well, he will be lauded for succeeding in what is obviously a high pressure situation.

Tarlam!
08-29-2008, 12:09 AM
I disagree. If Rodgers does well, he will be lauded for succeeding in what is obviously a high pressure situation.

Since I am well documented for being pro AR, I hope you are right. But the Pro Favre camp will definitely not let go of their opinions easily.

Freak Out
08-29-2008, 12:18 AM
Of course packer fans want him to do well and I think he will. He has good/great WRs and a good/great RB to help him through. Will he have tough games..? sure he will but he'll be alright. The D should be solid and special teams could be better. Its going to be a great season.

Pugger
08-29-2008, 12:38 AM
I'm not that worried about Rodgers. I think he'll be fine if he has time and a running game. My worry is the O and D lines. If they don't play well - especially the O line - it won't matter WHO is behind center. :roll:

Chevelle2
08-29-2008, 01:14 AM
Rodgers QB rating (including a dropped pass interception, and a dropped touchdowns to Lee and Driver):

:shock:

The Gunshooter
08-29-2008, 07:08 AM
Damn Jennings makes Rodgers look good. GB better sign both up before game 14 or they might not be able to afford both.

MadtownPacker
08-29-2008, 10:44 AM
i think ARod has been better then anyone could have hoped for.

Other than making me pay to see him choke for his homecoming at SF I think he is gonna be fine. Jennings return make the O deadly.

oregonpackfan
08-29-2008, 11:08 AM
I also feel confident about Rodgers. As another poster stated, I am more concerned about the consistency of the O-line that I am about Rodgers performance. Without a strong O-line you have no running game and no pass protection. As a result, you have no offense.

Scott Campbell
08-29-2008, 11:12 AM

I agree. Fans might not know much, but they know great QB play when they see it. If he plays really well, people will know.

Scott Campbell
08-29-2008, 11:17 AM

Since I am well documented for being pro AR, I hope you are right. But the Pro Favre camp will definitely not let go of their opinions easily.

Most of the I HATE TED crew were converted by last years team success. All that was left were a few fringe lunatics. If AR plays good, people will love him. If AR plays bad, people will hate him. And for the most part, that's how it should be.

Partial
08-29-2008, 11:22 AM
He had a strong preseason. Saying a preseason is eye-opening or starteling in foolish though. He has my support and I hope he does well.

Deputy Nutz
08-29-2008, 11:32 AM
Rodgers is a good passer, although his touchdown pass last night was a poor read of the defense, but a great throw. Sometimes when you take "risks" big plays happen. Throw into double coverage and complete the pass the receiver can run a long way.

Rodgers is going to have to get a better feel in the pocket when pass rushers fly in there off of missed blocks or poor protection, he has to learn to step up or move out of the pocket right away. I am not talking about when protection breaks down. I am talking about when a defensive end blows by Tausch or Clifton or a defensive tackle hits a swim move on Colledge and is in the backfield right away. Rodgers needs to feel that instead of having his eyes on the line of scrimmage. His eye should be downfield. It all comes down to feel, sure some guys have it right away, and some never will have it, but for most decent QBs it is something that takes a little time developed, something that can't be learned sitting on the bench watching.

I like Rodgers I think it was a great pick even though it didn't really help the Packers on the field in 2004. I like the grooming procedure and I think he is going to be a very decent QB in 2008

I predict he will throw for around 3600 yards, 24-26 TD passes and 16-18 INTs. I think his completion % will be around 60%.

GBRulz
08-29-2008, 12:09 PM
NFL.com analyst put it well

A-Rod is in a no win situation. If the Pack are winning games, it will be because the team is so deep, young yet experienced.

If the Pack are losing a lot, it will be because of the change at QB

I tend to agree with this sentiment and the battle will continue to divide fans.

Can't say that I agree with you on this one, Tar. If we are losing because of poor QB play, then yes, Rodgers is to blame. I think fans will be able to tell the difference if the QB is to blame vs our OL...or whoever is bringing us down.

Harlan Huckleby
08-29-2008, 12:45 PM
Rodgers is going to have to get a better feel in the pocket when pass rushers fly in there off of missed blocks or poor protection, he has to learn to step up or move out of the pocket right away.

Rodgers has almost no game experience. You can't expect him to be cagey right out of the box. He'll be a good QB in time for the playoffs.

mraynrand
08-29-2008, 12:52 PM
I think having Jennings there will be huge. Watching the pregame warmups in Detroit (about 2-3 hours before the game) last year, Rodgers threw everything to Jennings. For a long time, they were the only two offensive guys on the field. It's more of a guess than anything else, but that looks like a good duo there, like manning/harrison (not to suggest the same production, necessarily) - that same kind of mutual intuitive understanding looked like it was developing there.

Deputy Nutz
08-29-2008, 03:21 PM
Rodgers is going to have to get a better feel in the pocket when pass rushers fly in there off of missed blocks or poor protection, he has to learn to step up or move out of the pocket right away.

Rodgers has almost no game experience. You can't expect him to be cagey right out of the box. He'll be a good QB in time for the playoffs.

No shit. Check where I said "he has to learn".

pbmax
08-29-2008, 10:11 PM
Agreed, completely. The only way to get a feel for this is to play with your OLine in actual game conditions, with the D using real blitzing.

Favre struggled when young with much the same issue, at times it looked like a firedrill back there as he would bail out in odd directions looking for a lane or time to throw. Remember the complete 360s he would do while looking for an exit? The older he got, the less he needed to move to buy time or a lane. It will come for Rodgers as well if he gets to play for an extended period. Barring injuries, he will develop nicely.

Rodgers is going to have to get a better feel in the pocket when pass rushers fly in there off of missed blocks or poor protection, he has to learn to step up or move out of the pocket right away. I am not talking about when protection breaks down. I am talking about when a defensive end blows by Tausch or Clifton or a defensive tackle hits a swim move on Colledge and is in the backfield right away. Rodgers needs to feel that instead of having his eyes on the line of scrimmage. His eye should be downfield. It all comes down to feel, sure some guys have it right away, and some never will have it, but for most decent QBs it is something that takes a little time developed, something that can't be learned sitting on the bench watching.

Packerarcher
08-29-2008, 11:35 PM
As I have said time after time I think Rodgers is a little frail. But I do beleive he has talent,very raw talent but that is to be expected. I still fear that he will be hurt before the mid point of the season. Hopefully if he is he will prove me wrong and play through the pain. As was already stated the o-line had better start doing a better job of protecting him also.

RashanGary
08-29-2008, 11:42 PM
2/3's of last years starting QB's missed games because of injury. More than likely he'll miss a game or two. Hopefully it's not extended.