PDA

View Full Version : It's A Bugg's Life

Maxie the Taxi
08-29-2008, 08:29 AM
From M3's post-game news conference:

(Injury update?)
Junius Coston had a knee injury and did not return. Jansen had a knee and did not return. That's all the information I have right now.

Also:

(If J.J. Jansen couldn't make it next week is Rob Davis an option?)
I don't have enough information on J.J. And I think Rob is comfortable in his position. You'd have to ask Rob that.

I don't think Davis would come back. Too comfortable in street clothes. I had a guy named Tim Bugg on my draft list. He's a LSnapper out of Indiana. He's not on anybody's roster now.

Let's hope we don't need him.

We're all concerned about our rookie QB's. A rookie long snapper with a makeshift backup is NOT a good situation.

Fritz
08-29-2008, 09:41 AM
I have a knee. In fact, I have two knees.

PS - Davis can't come back. There's a rule about retired players not being able to be reinstated after the roster gets down to a certain number. This came up duing the Brett Favre speculation.

Guiness
08-29-2008, 09:51 AM
That's interesting Fritz - I've never heard of that. Do you know any more about it?

There has to be some way around it because Vinny keeps making appearances - but maybe he didn't actually retire?

Maxie the Taxi
08-29-2008, 10:06 AM
I have a knee. In fact, I have two knees.

PS - Davis can't come back. There's a rule about retired players not being able to be reinstated after the roster gets down to a certain number. This came up duing the Brett Favre speculation.

M3 said Jansen HAD a knee! Maybe he no longer does and that's why he's out.

boiga
08-29-2008, 11:34 AM
That's interesting Fritz - I've never heard of that. Do you know any more about it?

There has to be some way around it because Vinny keeps making appearances - but maybe he didn't actually retire?

The rule in question is that a former player hired for a front office position can't come back and play after the roster has been cut down to 75.

Maxie the Taxi
08-30-2008, 09:12 AM
FYI = The Bears cut Thomas Gafford Friday, so he's available if the Packers want him back:

http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=789094