PDA

View Full Version : Crosby Getting Some Love

HarveyWallbangers
08-29-2008, 02:45 PM
He's featured on NFL.com's fantasy files drilling footballs off a church tower, I think. Check it out if you get a chance.

The Gunshooter
08-29-2008, 03:24 PM
What I think makes him a excellent kicker is his ability to tackle. He is no weak sister.

RashanGary
08-30-2008, 11:30 AM
I don't know much about kicking, but they say he has a very short, compact swing with power. Apparently the short swing has bigger upside for consistancy than a guy like Rainer who has a big sweeping motion (prone to inconsistancies with the longer stroke)

He's been absolutely lights out this training camp with kicking accuracy and kickoff distance. I think the rest of the ST's is stronger too with Ryan; the athletic, aggressive coverage units and what looks like a healthy and revamped return game. ST's is going to be a big part of why we win games this year IMO.

Packgator
08-30-2008, 12:21 PM
What I think makes him a excellent kicker is his ability to tackle. He is no weak sister.

He's a pretty good athlete. I prefer he not be involved in many tackles though.

The Gunshooter
08-30-2008, 02:10 PM

He's a pretty good athlete. I prefer he not be involved in many tackles though.

He had 6 tackles last year so it's good to know you have a last line of defense on kickoffs.