PDA

View Full Version : The Only Way Rodgers Has a Good Year

packerbacker1234
08-29-2008, 08:20 PM
Is if the offensive line blocks. It's all great and dandy when it's preseason. When the pressure is coming, as it will, and starters are going full board with playoff aspirations, and our offensive line which still looks bad, three years into "rebuilding it" keeps letting Rodger's get pounded, he just wont have the chance to Succeed. Favre sort of had a sixth sense after all the years he has played, and naturally Rodger's is not that man.

It's n othing against him, but if that line can't block, I don't know what Rodger's lifespan as starting QB willbe this year, either due to injury (not because he is prone to it, but because he will just keep getting pounded), or because of errant int after int due to no time.

Nothing against him, but watching matt Flynn last night have to run for his life just to get time to throw, and Brohm getting absolutely pounded, just made me picture rodger is the same position. I just don't know how he can succeed.

Again - The OLine holds the key to Rodger's success.

gbgary
08-29-2008, 08:22 PM
got to be able to run too. grant has to be good to keep the defense honest.

packerbacker1234
08-29-2008, 08:26 PM
got to be able to run too. grant has to be good to keep the defense honest.

Again, that ties into the OLine. If rodgers has no time to throw, they will just stack the line for the run.

Part of the reason I feel Grant was able to run well last year was because before he got in, we really were playing virtually a more pass oriented, often times spread like, offense.

Cheesehead Craig
08-29-2008, 08:45 PM
Rodgers will have a good year if he completes about 65% of his passes to their intended target. Furthermore, approx 7-8% of these completions must be for a TD. In addition, the ratio of TD to INT should be approx a 2.5/1.

If he attempts the avg amount of passes for NFL QBs over the course of a season and follows the aforementioned quidelines, he will indeed have a good year.

mmmdk
08-29-2008, 08:46 PM
To Green Bay groupies: 'just say no!'. Just let A-Rod walk home alone :lol:

ahaha
08-29-2008, 08:57 PM
Is there any QB that can play well with a shitty O-line? Maybe if Superman played football, or perhaps the Incredible Hulk. Our o-line played pretty well last year, and I don't see Will Witticker back, so I'm feeling good about Rodgers chances.

Joemailman
08-29-2008, 09:53 PM
We saw in the preseason that when the rest of the offense plays well, Rodgers is fine, and when they don't, not so much. That makes him pretty much like every other QB in the league. Remember Favre in 2005?

sheepshead
08-30-2008, 07:43 AM
duh?

( I live for hard hitting analysis like this!)

Fritz
08-30-2008, 09:03 AM
Is there any QB that can play well with a shitty O-line? Maybe if Superman played football, or perhaps the Incredible Hulk. Our o-line played pretty well last year, and I don't see Will Witticker back, so I'm feeling good about Rodgers chances.

Bingo.