PDA

View Full Version : History repeating itself?

DonHutson
08-30-2008, 12:48 PM
from a certain newspaper's take on the final roster:

"Moreover, Flynn probably would have other practice-squad possibilities, and after being let go for political reasons in Green Bay he might be eager for a new home."

WTF, do Childress and Bevell have Flynn on speed dial too?

MJZiggy
08-30-2008, 01:01 PM
Problem with that theory is I don't see anyone letting Flynn go. They had him playing with the two's last week and from what I saw, he came in and did better than Brohm. I seriously think the only way we bring in a vet is if someone gets hurt.

pbmax
08-30-2008, 03:47 PM
Good call. But unlike He Who Cannot Be Named Without Starting a Threadjack, Flynn would be wanted back. However, he might want to leave for a team without a 2nd round pick ahead of him based on scouting alone. Its too bad Flynn or Brohm couldn't have been convinced to go down like a punter after getting brushed and play acting their way onto IR.

cpk1994
08-30-2008, 03:58 PM
Good call. But unlike He Who Cannot Be Named Without Starting a Threadjack, Flynn would be wanted back. However, he might want to leave for a team without a 2nd round pick ahead of him based on scouting alone. Its too bad Flynn or Brohm couldn't have been convinced to go down like a punter after getting brushed and play acting their way onto IR.How can Flynn leave when the Packers have him under contract?

mraynrand
08-30-2008, 04:02 PM
Good call. But unlike He Who Cannot Be Named Without Starting a Threadjack, Flynn would be wanted back. However, he might want to leave for a team without a 2nd round pick ahead of him based on scouting alone. Its too bad Flynn or Brohm couldn't have been convinced to go down like a punter after getting brushed and play acting their way onto IR.

Lawyer Joe?

pbmax
08-30-2008, 04:19 PM
Exactly who I had in mind :lol:

Lawyer Joe?

pbmax
08-30-2008, 04:21 PM
The thread is referring to an attempt to get Flynn on the practice squad for this year. To do that, he must be waived first. Once waived, he could choose from among any offers to join a practice squad.

McGinn is speculating that Flynn may want to leave in that case, so he doesn't have to worry about being behind a more highly touted 2nd round pick.

Good call. But unlike He Who Cannot Be Named Without Starting a Threadjack, Flynn would be wanted back. However, he might want to leave for a team without a 2nd round pick ahead of him based on scouting alone. Its too bad Flynn or Brohm couldn't have been convinced to go down like a punter after getting brushed and play acting their way onto IR.How can Flynn leave when the Packers have him under contract?

cpk1994
08-30-2008, 04:27 PM
The thread is referring to an attempt to get Flynn on the practice squad for this year. To do that, he must be waived first. Once waived, he could choose from among any offers to join a practice squad.

McGinn is speculating that Flynn may want to leave in that case, so he doesn't have to worry about being behind a more highly touted 2nd round pick.

Good call. But unlike He Who Cannot Be Named Without Starting a Threadjack, Flynn would be wanted back. However, he might want to leave for a team without a 2nd round pick ahead of him based on scouting alone. Its too bad Flynn or Brohm couldn't have been convinced to go down like a punter after getting brushed and play acting their way onto IR.How can Flynn leave when the Packers have him under contract?I understand now.

mraynrand
08-30-2008, 05:01 PM
I think Cleft Crusty had an article summing this all up!