PDA

View Full Version : It's election time, time for my favorite Ron Reagan Moment

sheepshead
08-30-2008, 02:27 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QpARv7vsBpA

Zool
08-30-2008, 10:37 PM
I totally read that title wrong and wondered why you were turned on by Ronald Reagan.

oregonpackfan
08-31-2008, 01:26 AM
One of my favorite Ronald Reagan moments was when he stated that most air pollution was caused by trees! :roll:

His Secretary of Interior, James Watt, did everything he could in an effort to overturn almost every environmental protection law in the country.

Tyrone Bigguns
08-31-2008, 04:58 PM
My fav?

Agriculture secretary John Block, an antiregulatory zealot proposing and trying to implement the reclassification of ketchup and pickle relish from condiments to a vegetable, allowing public schools to cut out a serving of cooked or fresh vegetable from hot lunch program child-nutrition requirements.

Ah, good times.

Close second..Iran-contra. Who can ever forget Reagan repeatedly intoning, "I don't have a memory of that."

"It's like I wasn't president at all." :lol:

texaspackerbacker
08-31-2008, 08:25 PM
Be careful when you say "Ron" Reagan. That could just as easily mean the kinda limp-wristed youngest son of our Greatest president

mraynrand
08-31-2008, 10:24 PM
Be careful when you say "Ron" Reagan. That could just as easily mean the kinda limp-wristed youngest son of our Greatest president

I believe he's known as 'Non' Reagan.

bobblehead
08-31-2008, 11:13 PM
I guess the libs have some good favorites, but mine is the reversal of 12% inflation and 16% bank CDs.

texaspackerbacker
09-01-2008, 12:42 AM
My favorite was the Evil Empire Speech--the confrontational, direct "in your face" jab at the Soviets, and how it brought out the true colors of the damned American leftists--bright red mixed with a yellow streak--as they expressed their abhorrence of Reagan's attitude toward their sacred cow: Soviet Communism.

mraynrand
09-01-2008, 12:49 AM
I enjoyed his line in the second debate with Mondale - paraphrase: "I'm not going to hold my opponents' relative youth and inexperience against him" It did worry me when he started rambling about his drive up the coast and the time capsule, but I figured a slipping Reagan was far far better than Mondale at the 'top of his game.' I was at the U of Minnesota at the time, and it seemed like most everyone there didn't really like Mondale all that much either, but felt obligated to vote for him because Reagan was 'going to get us all nuked.'

falco
09-01-2008, 01:12 AM
ahhh, good times

texaspackerbacker
09-01-2008, 10:57 AM
ahhh, good times

Actually, the better times are NOW--thanks to Reagan defeating that Evil Empire.

Yeah, I know we have a terror threat, but that's nothing to the fallout shelter mentality--realistic fear of all out nuclear war or loss of our whole way of life by the Soviet Union becoming the dominant super power.

Yeah, I know we have an economic situation which the leftist media likes to label a "crisis", but that's nothing compared to the Carter malaise and stagflation which Reagan inherited and proceded to conquer with tax cuts and good ol' American free enterprise and volunteerism.

Reagan turned this country around. He literally did for America what Vince Lombardi did for the Green Bay Packers--brought it back from what a sitting president referred to as needing to settle for being second class to our natural position of dominance.