PDA

View Full Version : Fan Base Rankings- What? Packers #2?

GrnBay007
08-30-2008, 03:38 PM
Looks like the Steeler fans beat out the Packer fans in "stadium factor" -Loud? Great atmosphere?
and "hate factor" - Other teams' fans dislike your fans? (Hate is good in our book.)

2. Packers
Consecutive sellouts: 269 | Season-ticket waiting list: 78,000

Want to talk about support? The Packers have been sold out since 1960. Win or lose, fans fill Lambeau Field. The Packers are a huge part of the community fabric, perhaps more so than any other NFL town. Passion is second to none. Of course, that passion has been directly challenged following the team's ugly divorce with quarterback Brett Favre. Many fans are upset, and some have taken it out on replacement Aaron Rodgers. But if they are true to form, the vast majority of Packers fans will remain supportive of the team.

Here's the list...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/preview08/columns/story?id=3530077

pbmax
08-30-2008, 03:43 PM
As a lifelong Steeler team detractor, I will give their fanbase this: they are everywhere and in great numbers. A family member was in Arizona a few years back and went to a Sports Bar to catch the Packers. It was a huge place and there were fans from three teams there: Packers, Steelers and Browns. It wasn't snowbirds either. The Steelers outnumbered the other two groups combined.

It might be a legacy of four Super Bowl wins, but like the Yankees, there are fans of that team even where there shouldn't be.

boiga
08-30-2008, 03:52 PM
Reading the article, they actually say that the Packers and Steelers fans tied for first place, with Pitt native and hater John Clayton giving the tie breaking vote.

pbmax
08-30-2008, 04:23 PM
I cannot believe that the Redskins have a waiting list of 200,000 for season tickets. Are there that many lobbyists in DC?

packinpatland
08-30-2008, 04:29 PM
Reading the article, they actually say that the Packers and Steelers fans tied for first place, with Pitt native and hater John Clayton giving the tie breaking vote.

"When all was said and done, the Pittsburgh Steelers and Green Bay Packers ended up tied for first. But much like the International Gymnastics Federation, we came up with an elaborate tiebreaking process in which Hall of Fame writer John Clayton of ESPN was called upon to keep things above board. Clayton, who grew up in the East Braddock section of Pittsburgh, picked the Steelers, which seems totally fair. "

Glad these things don't mean much................because at the end of the day...........CheeseHeads really are the best. :pack:

mraynrand
08-30-2008, 04:59 PM
I liked the Packers a lot - back when they had that really good quarterback. Even since Heber retired, I kinda lost interest.

BF4MVP
08-30-2008, 05:24 PM

"When all was said and done, the Pittsburgh Steelers and Green Bay Packers ended up tied for first. But much like the International Gymnastics Federation, we came up with an elaborate tiebreaking process in which Hall of Fame writer John Clayton of ESPN was called upon to keep things above board. Clayton, who grew up in the East Braddock section of Pittsburgh, picked the Steelers, which seems totally fair. "

Glad these things don't mean much................because at the end of the day...........CheeseHeads really are the best. :pack:
PLEASE tell me that's sarcasm :lol: (probably a dig at that crappy tiebreaking system that denied Nastia her second gold medal)

Anyways, I put zero stock into this when I found out about Steelers fans being first..and I put negative stock into it now that I know a Pittsburgh native was the deciding vote..Even if it's John Clayton, whose insight I appreciate..

mmmdk
08-30-2008, 06:48 PM
Looks like the Steeler fans beat out the Packer fans in "stadium factor" -Loud? Great atmosphere?
and "hate factor" - Other teams' fans dislike your fans? (Hate is good in our book.)

2. Packers
Consecutive sellouts: 269 | Season-ticket waiting list: 78,000

Want to talk about support? The Packers have been sold out since 1960. Win or lose, fans fill Lambeau Field. The Packers are a huge part of the community fabric, perhaps more so than any other NFL town. Passion is second to none. Of course, that passion has been directly challenged following the team's ugly divorce with quarterback Brett Favre. Many fans are upset, and some have taken it out on replacement Aaron Rodgers. But if they are true to form, the vast majority of Packers fans will remain supportive of the team.

Here's the list...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/preview08/columns/story?id=3530077

# 2 sounds right to me; the sons and daughters of Favros, in my book, knocked us down from a potential # 1 spot. Rebound time - eventually :D

MadtownPacker
08-30-2008, 07:07 PM
There are alot of Steelers fans here in Cali.

GBRulz
08-30-2008, 07:44 PM
I think it was 2 years ago when the Steelers played here. TONS of them and most were all really nice, too.

Other than the Bears, I've never seen so many visiting fans at a game here before.

HarveyWallbangers
08-30-2008, 08:54 PM
Steelers are enormously popular, but we're #1 damn it!

Partial
08-30-2008, 09:11 PM
I have heard the Cowboys are very popular worldwide as well. Are they 3?

SnakeLH2006
08-31-2008, 02:51 AM
I have heard the Cowboys are very popular worldwide as well. Are they 3?

I could see it as Texas is huge and have buddies from there, yet anyone who's seen the HBO series of the Cowboys training camp "Hard Knocks" can surmise this:

1) TO and Pacman Jones are lucky they have exceptional physical NFL skills (or they would be dropped dead in a driveby with their "homies" being the extremely retarded fools they are, or just selling hotdogs on a sidewalk in a big city if they were lucky to employ a job..Jesus those dudes are fucking retarded!!!!!...every take TO does makes me wanna bitchslap his momma for letting that dude at a party nut in her in '75)

2) Wade Philips is such a creampuff joke coach it's sad. Jerry Jones runs that team (he's smart, but NOT NFL smart.....they walk ALL OVER Wade, just real sad). That dude is just a pawn and Garrett takes over this season or '09.

3) Jerry Jones is a crazy ass Texan billionaire fuckin' wackjob (look at his plastic surgery lately)....WOW. Dude just craves the media, looks like goddamn Skelator from He-Man, and is just an ego-tistacal wackjob stating how great his new stadium/NFL money, etc. makes him the man. That man should fuck Paris Hilton and drop a grenade and blow 'em both up.

Conclusion: I respect the Cowboys for their NFL talent (but the 12-14 probowlers they had last year was Goodell sucking Skellator's dick)...but they ain't all that.... How many playoff games has Dallas won in the last 12 seasons= 0.

Bitches. Cowboys. Fuck 'em.

mission
08-31-2008, 03:17 AM
Partial kept us from #1 ...