PDA

View Full Version : Jansen to IR !

boiga
08-30-2008, 03:53 PM
http://blogs.jsonline.com/packers/archive/2008/08/30/jansen-headed-to-injured-reserve.aspx

Wow, I guess Gafford gets another shot with us.

BF4MVP
08-30-2008, 04:39 PM
What a joke...an LCL is nowhere near a season-ending injury..They're just hiding him so they don't have to carry two long snappers, even if it's for a week or two...I even read yesterday that his agent said they were expecting him to be ready for the opener.

cpk1994
08-30-2008, 04:45 PM
What a joke...an LCL is nowhere near a season-ending injury..They're just hiding him so they don't have to carry two long snappers, even if it's for a week or two...I even read yesterday that his agent said they were expecting him to be ready for the opener.If so, than why not put him on the PUP list instead?

pbmax
08-30-2008, 04:46 PM
One more season to develop, otherwise you are making the same decision over again in six weeks and he might still be having the yips like he had in his last game.

What a joke...an LCL is nowhere near a season-ending injury..They're just hiding him so they don't have to carry two long snappers, even if it's for a week or two...I even read yesterday that his agent said they were expecting him to be ready for the opener.If so, than why not put him on the PUP list instead?

Maxie the Taxi
08-30-2008, 04:49 PM
One more season to develop, otherwise you are making the same decision over again in six weeks and he might still be having the yips like he had in his last game.

Just goes to show you can't believe all that you read. I read that Rob Davis gave Jansen his blessing as a starter.

Brohm
08-30-2008, 04:53 PM
Team has too much talent to carry 2 LS into the regular season to wait for him to heal up..

pack4to84
08-30-2008, 05:41 PM
40 min later and still no news on Packers cuts

CaliforniaCheez
08-31-2008, 10:40 PM
Interesting who they are looking at instead of Gafford.

• Tim Bugg (6 feet, 257), a rookie from Indiana who signed with Cincinnati (no signing bonus) May 14 before being waived July 1.

• Ryan Senser (6-3, 227), a rookie from Ohio University who signed with New Orleans ($5,000 signing bonus) May 5 before being cut July 28. The Saints brought him back for another nine-day stint in mid-August.

• Brett Goode (6-1, 260), a second-year man who snapped on punts for four years and placements for his final three at Arkansas. He was with Jacksonville ($5,000 signing bonus) from mid-May to mid-August in '07, then again from March to June 19 this year.

pbmax
08-31-2008, 10:58 PM
Jansen's agent said he had an injury that might be significant enough to need surgery. Wouldn't know until the end of the week for certain. Waiting for the swelling to go down I suppose?

Pacopete4
09-01-2008, 02:45 AM
a 6-10 team's long snapper don't matter much anyways

TheCheese
09-01-2008, 02:51 AM

What the fuck are you being so negative for? A team this stacked being 6-10? And you are a packer fan right? What the fuck is your problem?

Pacopete4
09-01-2008, 02:54 AM

What the fuck are you being so negative for? A team this stacked being 6-10? And you are a packer fan right? What the fuck is your problem?

Nothing.. but amazing QB play won us too many games last year to be optimistic.. thats all..

Lurker64
09-01-2008, 03:31 AM

Nothing.. but amazing QB play won us too many games last year to be optimistic.. thats all..

There's a difference between "I am not optimistic" and "I am going to take every opportunity to piss in your cheerios and tell you about it." Continually taking every opportunity to say something along the lines of "the Packers are going to do shitty this year" isn't really contributing anything anybody wants to read, even those people who are inclined to agree with you. Would it kill you to say something along the lines of "I don't expect great things, but I hope that they do well this year?" Also, really... what the hell is the point in posting in a thread about our new longsnapper something to the effect of "who the hell cares about the longsnapper". If you really don't care about the longsnapper, care a little less and don't post in threads about him.

It's annoyingly presumptuous to talk like you know the record for the team before the season even starts. Neither you nor I have a clue what the Green Bay Packers record is going to be in 2008. A number of important starters could suffer season ending injuries in the first game and we could end up 2-14. Rodgers could stay healthy for 16 games, and we could be relatively injury free, but our opponents could all suffer ill-timed injuries to important players and we could be 14-2. Neither you nor I have any idea. We can beat everybody we play this year, it's doubtful that we will. So much of "who wins a given football team" comes down to injuries and "when do you play/ who's hot then." 6-10 really isn't any more likely than 10-6.

And really, you're wrong. Long snapper play can mean the difference between a 6-10 year and a 10-6 year (along with a playoff spot and a division crown, say.) Teams get bounced from the playoffs because of a bad snap on an important field goal. Long snapping takes place on some of the most important plays in football, missed/made PATs and FGs and successful/unsuccessful punts are some of the most important (and game changing) plays in close games, and we look to be in a number of them this year.

vince
09-01-2008, 05:55 AM
Well said Lurk.