PDA

View Full Version : Favre talks again..

imscott72
08-30-2008, 04:53 PM
:roll:

http://www.profootballtalk.com/category/rumor-mill/

FAVRE: THOMPSON WANTED “TO GET MY ASS OUT THE DOOR”
Posted by Michael David Smith on August 30, 2008, 5:50 p.m.
Jets quarterback Brett Favre sat down with some reporters in New York today and detailed the talks he had this off-season with Packers General Manager Ted Thompson and coach Mike McCarthy.

It’s clear that Favre doesn’t have warm memories of either, especially Thompson.

In an amusing portion of his interview with the New York Post, Favre talks about the visit that Thompson made to his Mississippi home after the NFL draft. Favre said he thought they were going to talk about him potentially coming back, but instead they talked about an odd offer that Thompson made.

“Then he kind of gets quiet,” Favre said, recalling what Thompson said to him, “and says, ‘We want to do something special for you, and what do you think if we …’ and these were his words exactly, ‘dismantle your locker and send it to you.’

“I was like, ‘What the hell are you talking about?’ I was like, ‘Um, OK Ted, great.’

“He said, ‘It’s going to be your locker, we’ll send it to you. Now, it’s going to be in a box.’

“I’m thinking, ‘Way to get my ass out the door.’ That’s the craziest thing I’ve ever heard of. What the hell am I going to do with a locker? So I just said, ‘Oh, OK, Ted, that’s great.’”

Favre also recounted his conversations with McCarthy, saying to the New York Daily News that when he first told the Packers’ coach of his intention to return, the response was: “Oh, God, Brett, you’re putting us in a tight spot.”

And Favre, to this day, isn’t sure why McCarthy thinks that — because Favre still thinks he would have been better for the Packers this season than Aaron Rodgers.
“I think Aaron Rodgers will do a real good job, barring injury,” Favre said, “but if you’re a betting man and said, ‘Who gives us the best chance to win right now?’ … This isn’t bragging, but I think I would. Aaron may play great, and they’ll look like geniuses, but to not welcome me back … I just assumed it was the fear of upsetting Aaron, not only now but in the future. To me, that’s ridiculous, totally ridiculous.”

Maxie the Taxi
08-30-2008, 04:56 PM
This won't be the last of it. Anyone who thought the NY media wouldn't coax more out of the man is not living in the real world.

jramsey495
08-30-2008, 04:56 PM
what was 'ridiculous, totally ridiculous' to me, Brett, is that you couldn't make up your freakin' mind about what you wanted to do and expected the whole world to rotate around you...

imscott72
08-30-2008, 04:57 PM
I'm sure the Jets just love hearing all this. Obviously Brett doesn't wanna be a Jet and is quite bitter that he's not a Packer.

highlander
08-30-2008, 04:57 PM
Yawn!!! Brett opening his mouth again... No Brett you are arrogant. I love you but you are full of yourself, The Packers moved on , now you need to.

mraynrand
08-30-2008, 05:03 PM
This won't be the last of it. Anyone who thought the NY media wouldn't coax more out of the man is not living in the real world.

Coax? Geezus, all you have to do is provide a chair, table and mic and you can get at least 15 minutes of verbal diarrhea from the man. (Tears are extra)

BallHawk
08-30-2008, 05:06 PM
It's just pathetic at this point.....

BF4MVP
08-30-2008, 05:10 PM
haha...

Most of that stuff we already knew (McCarthy's "we're in a tight spot" comment, Brett thinks he's better than Rodgers, etc..)

He talked about the locker on Greta and didn't seem overly excited about it..I kind of thought it was a weird idea to begin with, but there's just no need to say these things..

And I love how he prefaced the one comment with "I'm not bragging, but..." Whenever someone starts a sentence with that, they're about to brag..Just like whenever someone says "I'm not a racist, but..." and then follows it up with a racist comment..Like Parcells: "Not to offend the orientals, but Jap plays"

boiga
08-30-2008, 05:36 PM
haha...

Most of that stuff we already knew (McCarthy's "we're in a tight spot" comment, Brett thinks he's better than Rodgers, etc..) Pretty much all of it has been hashed out before. I'm not sure what Favre thinks that he's going to get crying over spilt milk.

gbpackfan
08-30-2008, 05:37 PM
The more Brett speaks, the more he irritates me. And I AM A HUGE BRETT FAVRE MARK! But there are ALWAYS two sides to every story. But TT and MM are too classly to blabber all over town.

BallHawk
08-30-2008, 05:38 PM
I'm not sure what Favre thinks that he's going to get crying over spilt milk.

Attention.

Tyrone Bigguns
08-30-2008, 05:42 PM
Brett still hasn't gotten over the divorce.

It is like when you have broken up with someone, but all you do on your dates is talk about your past relationship.

Brohm
08-30-2008, 05:43 PM

It is like when you have broken up with someone, but all you do on your dates is talk about your past relationship.

Damn, was just about to post something similar :P

Tyrone Bigguns
08-30-2008, 05:45 PM

Damn, was just about to post something similar :P

Bet Brett is listening to sappy AM gold type songs.

"Baby come back"..Player.

mraynrand
08-30-2008, 05:49 PM
Hey Brett:

"You gotta get on with your life. You gotta let go of the past. And Brett, when you do, I'm telling you: the future is beautiful, alright? Look out the window. It's sunny every day here. It's like manifest destiny. Don't tell me we didn't make it. We made it! We are here. And everything that is past is prologued to this. All of the shit that didn't kill us is only - you know, all that shit. You're gonna get over it."

Chevelle2
08-30-2008, 05:51 PM
Wow - the guy gets what he wants, and continues to talk shit about us......I love you Brett, but boy are you full of yourself......if this was TO or Moss saying this, ESPN would be milking this like crazy.

mmmdk
08-30-2008, 06:44 PM
Wow - the guy gets what he wants, and continues to talk shit about us......I love you Brett, but boy are you full of yourself......if this was TO or Moss saying this, ESPN would be milking this like crazy.

No, my love is presently gone! I still adore many of his games but his persona sucks. I will forgive Brett eventually 'cos he's just a dumb hick where talent brought him money and fame - he's just not smart enough to handle it. Have fun though, Brett. :roll:

pbmax
08-30-2008, 06:49 PM
There isn't much new here, its regurgitation of the Greta Chronicles.

MadtownPacker
08-30-2008, 07:05 PM
I understand that he is bitter and wanted back to his own team or else revenge in purple but he needs to not bring up the Pack unless they are playing in the SB.

Sparkey
08-30-2008, 08:57 PM
The more he talks, the more he sounds like a stupid shit.

BTW, He insinuates that he doesn't want his locker, yet during the GRETA interview, he had just about every football and award and trophy up on his walls. Considering he collects all of those, why not the locker ?

Whatever, he is gone. NEWS FLASH Brett... ITS OVER.

Re-hasing it over and over doesn't change anything. Maybe you should be focused on your new team and the new playbook a bit more.

Deputy Nutz
08-30-2008, 09:10 PM

BTW, He insinuates that he doesn't want his locker, yet during the GRETA interview, he had just about every football and award and trophy up on his walls. Considering he collects all of those, why not the locker ?

Re-hasing it over and over doesn't change anything. Maybe you should be focused on your new team and the new playbook a bit more.

Funny, I was thinking the same thing about a bunch of forum persona's around here.

Why shouldn't he still be pissed? He made his career here, and he never lost his job in competition, sure he retired, NEWSFLASH!!! Big fucking deal!

He is still the best QB for the Packers and he spoke the truth, especially about upsetting Aaron Rodgers. Rodgers said he was open to the competition, which he might have been pissed if he lost, but he also had the balls to step up to the challenge in the first place, something Ted and McCarthy certainly didn't have until Favre had to come to Green Bay to push a trade through.

Some of you are just little bitches that are still so angry that Favre retired in the first place, because I certainly would bet that if Favre was invited back to the Packers you would all still be trotting out on the town with your Favre jersey still flapping away that #4 is still the greatest and how dare any others sully Favre or his reputation. Now we have Packers fans doing it, and it really makes me throw up a little in my mouth.

You know what, if Favre had his way, he would certainly rather be a Packer right now preparing for the Vikings than camping out in New York, some of you can't see that though, that regardless of whats gone on, Favre in his heart would always be a Packer, he loves the fans in Wisconsin, loves the Packers organization, just that the organization didn't love him nearly enough.

Partial
08-30-2008, 09:10 PM
Not a wise move. I'm sure his current teammates don't appreciate this at all. This issue should be closed as far as Favre making any more statements on it until he retires.

I just hope he doesn't go into the HOF as a Jet :shock:

mraynrand
08-30-2008, 09:24 PM

Funny, I was thinking the same thing about a bunch of forum persona's around here.

Why shouldn't he still be pissed? He made his career here, and he never lost his job in competition, sure he retired, NEWSFLASH!!! Big fucking deal!

He is still the best QB for the Packers and he spoke the truth, especially about upsetting Aaron Rodgers. Rodgers said he was open to the competition, which he might have been pissed if he lost, but he also had the balls to step up to the challenge in the first place, something Ted and McCarthy certainly didn't have until Favre had to come to Green Bay to push a trade through.

Some of you are just little bitches that are still so angry that Favre retired in the first place, because I certainly would bet that if Favre was invited back to the Packers you would all still be trotting out on the town with your Favre jersey still flapping away that #4 is still the greatest and how dare any others sully Favre or his reputation. Now we have Packers fans doing it, and it really makes me throw up a little in my mouth.

You know what, if Favre had his way, he would certainly rather be a Packer right now preparing for the Vikings than camping out in New York, some of you can't see that though, that regardless of whats gone on, Favre in his heart would always be a Packer, he loves the fans in Wisconsin, loves the Packers organization, just that the organization didn't love him nearly enough.

I agree with what you write. But Favre cannot get over the fact that TT and McCarthy wanted Rodgers more. It just kills him. And, he's acting like a fool. I've said it before, and I'll say it again - I think Favre was the best QB we could have this year and the best playing situation was Rodgers backing up Favre. I hope I'm wrong and Rodgers plays better. I'm getting tired of hearing the bitter Favre.

Partial
08-30-2008, 09:26 PM

echoed so people get it through their heads.

LEWCWA
08-30-2008, 09:31 PM
I find it funny how Brett made himself the loveable guy who told it like it was, sometimes a little too hick for the elitest amongst us, but always a straight shooter. This is what America loved about him. He left everything on the field and wore the game on his sleeve. Now that he is still doing it, but it isn't all a love fest some think he is being a baby. He hasn't changed, folks. Some of you have.

Also, I find his statements totally in his character as the common man. Kind of reminds me of a bunch of workers sitting around the break room bitching about their bosses. What made us love him is now fodder for hateing on him and that is a shame. Sorry all you know it alls, but Brett is just being human, as always!

Packers4Ever
08-30-2008, 09:56 PM

I just finished reading this in a NYJ forum, there will probably
be a little more dragging thru the mud. Some couldn't care less.

I was happy to log in tonight, we still have the best forum !

mraynrand
08-30-2008, 09:57 PM
I find it funny how Brett made himself the loveable guy who told it like it was, sometimes a little too hick for the elitest amongst us, but always a straight shooter. This is what America loved about him. He left everything on the field and wore the game on his sleeve. Now that he is still doing it, but it isn't all a love fest some think he is being a baby. He hasn't changed, folks. Some of you have.

Also, I find his statements totally in his character as the common man. Kind of reminds me of a bunch of workers sitting around the break room bitching about their bosses. What made us love him is now fodder for hateing on him and that is a shame. Sorry all you know it alls, but Brett is just being human, as always!

Yes, he's human. And he's being petty, bitter, and vindictive, as humans sometimes are. But we really haven't seen much of this from him before - unless you have an example(s).

BallHawk
08-30-2008, 10:26 PM

You don't go into the HOF as a member of a team. That's baseball.

Bretsky
08-30-2008, 10:28 PM

GREAT POST

:!:

LEWCWA
08-30-2008, 10:31 PM

Yes, he's human. And he's being petty, bitter, and vindictive, as humans sometimes are. But we really haven't seen much of this from him before - unless you have an example(s).

He never had reason to be bitter before. whether he does now is up to each individual, but he obviously thinks he has good reason to be upset. Just because you or anyone else doesn't understand or agree with this doesn't matter. Fact is he is upset. People get upset about things and not everyone agrees with the reasons, but they have their reasons and thats all that really matters. Like I said, just like bitching about the boss! Justified or not, it goes on everyday. And I'm sure some of you soapboxers do plenty of it.

LEWCWA
08-30-2008, 10:37 PM
Just listen to all the pricks around here that bitch and complain they don't want to talk about Favre, because he is gone or whatever. These same know-it-all assclowns are the first ones posting on favre threads sullying his name. I say fuck them all, who are they to tell me or anyone else what to type on the fucking internet. This place is going to hell because of them not us. They think they own this place and want to be the fucking PackerRat KGB....Nazi pricks if you ask me.

Partial
08-30-2008, 10:38 PM
[quote=Partial]I just hope he doesn't go into the HOF as a Jet :shock:

You don't go into the HOF as a member of a team. That's baseball.[/quote

Touche. I'll rephrase and say I hope this doesn't go as to completely ruin a post-career relationship with the Packers.

BallHawk
08-30-2008, 10:49 PM
Nah. I think Brett's got a thing out for Ted Thompson, not the Packers. He still loves Green Bay and even said at his NY Jet Press Conference back when he was first introduced "I think I will always be a Packer at heart."

That's good enough for me.

Zool
08-30-2008, 11:11 PM
Nazi pricks if you ask me.

Oddly enough, no one did. Shocking really.

Zool
08-30-2008, 11:14 PM
Nah. I think Brett's got a thing out for Ted Thompson, not the Packers. He still loves Green Bay and even said at his NY Jet Press Conference back when he was first introduced "I think I will always be a Packer at heart."

That's good enough for me.

Agreed, but he just needs to shut up about it already. He should probably be focusing on the Jests upcoming opponent not on what he feels Tedly and Coach did to him. Ty nailed it. He's a bitter dude who got dumped and hasnt let go.

Oh baby give me one more chance (jackson 5)

PaCkFan_n_MD
08-30-2008, 11:16 PM
TT should have never traded Favre. I believe everything Favre has said up until this point and I truly believe TT didn't want him being the QB of the team this year. Why else did TT pressure Favre to make a decision so early knowing he still was undecided about playing? In past seasons Favre had a lot more time. Favre was not smart in retiring early though and should have refused to make his decision so early and that way he could have forced TT to push him out and everyone could then see what Favre continuously claims.

However, with that said what’s done is done and Favre should stop talking and focus on playing. All this stuff has been said before. I hope he plays great, but it’s going to suck seeing him play on another team. To me, know matter how good Rodgers plays this year its not going to be as fun as it would have with Favre under center. To bad.

mraynrand
08-30-2008, 11:25 PM
LEWCWA:

Did you see the 'Greta' Interview? Did you think that was classy? I thought that, along with throwing Chmura under the bus, were Favre's worst two public moments (though I know other questionable things probably happened in his first few years carousing around - but so what - Horning and McGee did a lot of that crap too).

PaCkFan_n_MD
08-30-2008, 11:35 PM
LEWCWA:

Did you see the 'Greta' Interview? Did you think that was classy? I thought that, along with throwing Chmura under the bus, were Favre's worst two public moments (though I know other questionable things probably happened in his first few years carousing around - but so what - Horning and McGee did a lot of that crap too).

Have you ever though that maybe Favre didn't look classy because he was truly the one wronged and thus obviously the only one that’s going to speak out about it. Of course TT is not going to say anything negative about Favre because it would only strengthen Favre’s claims. TT has been quiet because he knows what he's doing and just wanted Favre to keep talking he can look like the bad guy.. Favre didn't speak out because he has no class; he spoke out because he felt wronged and pressured into a bad situation.

gex
08-30-2008, 11:39 PM

I think that is what Brett has been doing the whole time, telling anyone who will listen HIS side of the story as percieved by him(and being brutally honest about it) He(as do many others) believed he was the best player for the job and just a wee bit pissed that the team that was so close last year and with so much talent didn't welcome him back.

Favre being decievious with his intentions...nah I don't think he knows how. He pretty much made it known to everybody what he wanted to do....be a Packer(FIRST) or play against them.

Its obviously clear now that he has not had a very welcoming relationship with tt since he shitcanned Sherman and drafted a QB with his 1st pick.

I do think that now is not the time to be bringing it up again, wait till the seasons over. Focus on the Jets now and let your actions prove ya still got tha skillz ta pay tha billz :D

boiga
08-31-2008, 12:58 AM
Sigh.... and this had been going so well lately.

This is going to be rehashed after every Brett press conference and every Rodgers interception, isn't it. Can't we all just get over it?

Scott Campbell
08-31-2008, 01:05 AM
He talked about the locker on Greta .................

I'm thinking to myself, Greta? Greta? Why not just spill your guts on a Barbara Walters special?

Scott Campbell
08-31-2008, 01:18 AM
Hey Brett - can I have your locker?

mraynrand
08-31-2008, 01:18 AM
LEWCWA:

Have you ever though that maybe Favre didn't look classy because he was truly the one wronged and thus obviously the only one that’s going to speak out about it. Of course TT is not going to say anything negative about Favre because it would only strengthen Favre’s claims. TT has been quiet because he knows what he's doing and just wanted Favre to keep talking he can look like the bad guy.. Favre didn't speak out because he has no class; he spoke out because he felt wronged and pressured into a bad situation.

Even if you're completely right, and Favre was abused by TT, and had done absolutely nothing to deserve the horrible treatment by the Packers, he still looked like a fool on Greta. If he wanted to be classy, he would have reported to camp, competed, and more than likely, have forced the Packers to trade him or play him. That's the last I'm going to write on the subject, because I no longer care.

Tarlam!
08-31-2008, 02:46 AM
I really like what Nutz posted leading page 2 of this thread. Except calling anyone here bitches. I understand why people get annoyed at the comments.

Trying my best to think like Patler, I looked at the comments and the timing trying to grasp the what, why and how of the comments.

What: Brett really wants to mess up TT and M3 legacy in Green Bay. I believe that he secretly wants A-Rod to be a huge disaster, despite what he claims.

Why: Revenge. The way Brett has told it, Brett was available to TT during the 4-12, 8-8 years at TT's pleading. TT has confirmed he lobbied Brett hard to come back in those years.

And it's undeniable that Brett's contribution to 13-3 was gigantic, but M3 gets 99% credit, almost getting M3 a COTY trophy and, indeed landing TT an EOTY trophy.

So, when Brett changed his mind on retirement, he felt TT and M3 owed him. TT for being there during the drought and M3 for rocket starting his HC career.

At least in Brett's perception in my mind. And, despite what Brett says, I believe he doesn't care too much for A-Rod.

How: Continue to remind GB fans with anecdotes on little details, continue to heap pressure on A-Rod ("barring injury") at timely moments. And on Jets' game days, he will play lights out to remind everyone "if you were a betting man, who would you have bet on".

I don't believe this is a hick running his mouth just to grab attention. I believe this is a man who is defending his honour, coldly, with calculation and single-minded purpose.

Ironically, the additional motivation provided to Brett by M3 and TT might be just what the Jets have needed for so long!

SnakeLH2006
08-31-2008, 03:15 AM

GREAT POST

:!:

Agreed. I support ARod but WTF? Why all the hate? He loves the Pack, they showed a beaucratic view in this whole shitstorm. They both fucked up but are we HAPPY are ICON is a Jet now to prove some stupid point? I hope not. Yea...Favre's a dumb redneck...I"m college educated and most of my bro's are reasonable folks, but still have a few redneck bro's who aren't intellectuals but still keep 'em around for value (laughing at them, getting beers, fixing cars, winning games). Stop the Favre bashing, it's gettting tired. Regardless of what happens with Arod, I support our QB now, but am fucking sick of the senseless shmuck of bashing our greatest QB EVER. WTFF (what the fucking fuck).?

red
08-31-2008, 06:14 AM

:bclap:

Scott Campbell
08-31-2008, 09:59 AM
“I’m thinking, ‘Way to get my ass out the door.’

I get it. So Ted forced Brett off the Packers by offering him his locker. Bastard. On Sesame Street, they teach the toddlers that this is blame shifting.

Fritz
08-31-2008, 10:04 AM
Hey, like Tyrone said, this is part of the grieving process. Took me about a year to get over the end of my fifteen year marriage - and my ex didn't even offer to dismantle my dresser and send it to me - I had to move it myself.

It'll take time. Let him grieve. It's just that it's hard - and not healthy - to move on to a new relationship until the old one is properly mourned.

The Jets might get jealous.

imscott72
08-31-2008, 10:04 AM

I thought that too, but why did Larry Allen just sign a one day deal to retire as a Cowboy?

Cowboys signed G Larry Allen to a one-day contract so he could retire with the team.

The 11-time Pro Bowler and 7-time All Pro will likely be a first-ballot Hall of Famer. He was part of one of the greatest offensive lines in league history with Dallas during the 1990s and played at a high level up until this past season. Allen will be remembered as one of the strongest NFL players ever.
Source: Dallas Morning News

cpk1994
08-31-2008, 10:11 AM
Wow - the guy gets what he wants, and continues to talk shit about us......I love you Brett, but boy are you full of yourself......if this was TO or Moss saying this, ESPN would be milking this like crazy.Umm, Brett wanted to play for GB or Minnesota. He didn't get what he wanted at all.

Scott Campbell
08-31-2008, 10:15 AM
You know what, if Favre had his way.........

You know what, if Favre had his way, Ted would be gone. M3 would be gone. Randy Moss would be here. Ahman Green would be here. Lots of other good young players wouldn't be here. Gilbert would be back. Favre would be player/coach. In 2032 he'd turn over his starting job over to Aaron Rodger's son saying "the timing just feels right". They'd play all their December home games in Jackson Mississippi. And Greta Van Susteren would replace Larry McCarren in the broadcast booth.

cpk1994
08-31-2008, 10:19 AM
Hey, like Tyrone said, this is part of the grieving process. Took me about a year to get over the end of my fifteen year marriage - and my ex didn't even offer to dismantle my dresser and send it to me - I had to move it myself.

It'll take time. Let him grieve. It's just that it's hard - and not healthy - to move on to a new relationship until the old one is properly mourned.

The Jets might get jealous.Sure, but did you continue to spout BS to the NY Post about it? :lol:

Scott Campbell
08-31-2008, 10:21 AM

The Jets might get jealous.Sure, but did you continue to spout BS to the NY Post about it? :lol:

He's talking about Ted as if those reporters were part of his sewing circle.

Iron Mike
08-31-2008, 10:23 AM

It's Over (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4K7Lvaa_qU)

Fixed. 8-)

motife
08-31-2008, 11:05 AM
Favre is making TO look sane. Interesting comments from the Pro Football Talk link :

"This guy is worse than my mother in law, but at least she changes the subject every once in a while."

Brett, you were great once, no doubt. But you ain’t no Bart Starr. And in Packerland, no one is bigger than the team.

Pull the tampon out and start being a man. This is the same guy who let his Mama do his talkin’ for him.

just remember, jets and jets-fans… brett is concentrating on ted thompson and the packers… not on winning games.

For everybody jumping on him about bringing it back up… don’t you realize that you only see snippets? I’m pretty sure he didn’t sit the media down and say, “Okay boys, we’re gonna talk about double T and McFarty.”

Maybe if TT would have jack hammered up Brett’s parking space and sent it to MS, that would be a wonderful gesture as well.

Here is an Idea Brett, the next time you make a decision, keep it to yourself, then wait until you change your mind and THEN tell people. You will seem much less like a doddering old fool and people won’t offer to send you used boxed furniture.

Brett you are a JET now. Get out of the Packer locker room.

I don’t see the problem with McCarthy’s comments

Best chance to win? Favre hasn’t won a championship in over a decade. He’s a has-been who’s hype has overblown his actual acheivements since the turn of the century.

Favre can win games, but when it comes to the playoffs, he is NOT consistent enough to make it to the Superbowl. He cannot go through two or three games without throwing a costly interception, which will kill you in the playoffs. As we have seen. Repeatedly.
He also broke down twice in the cold and gave up on the team and winning the game.

packinpatland
08-31-2008, 11:29 AM
I'm not sure I get your point. These quotes from...God knows who....are supposed to make Favre look less sane than TO? :roll:

Pugger
08-31-2008, 11:38 AM
It is painfully obvious Brett still has issues with Packers' management - which is the main reason why he is playing in NJ and not in GB. HE has to let it go and concentrate on his present job. He surely can't have the new playbook memorized by now... :roll:

cpk1994
08-31-2008, 11:39 AM

I thought that too, but why did Larry Allen just sign a one day deal to retire as a Cowboy?

Cowboys signed G Larry Allen to a one-day contract so he could retire with the team.

The 11-time Pro Bowler and 7-time All Pro will likely be a first-ballot Hall of Famer. He was part of one of the greatest offensive lines in league history with Dallas during the 1990s and played at a high level up until this past season. Allen will be remembered as one of the strongest NFL players ever.
Source: Dallas Morning NewsSimply to retire as a Cowboy. Just like many, including Dorsey Levens, have done before. It was nothing to do with the HOF.

MJZiggy
08-31-2008, 11:46 AM
Just listen to all the pricks around here that bitch and complain they don't want to talk about Favre, because he is gone or whatever. These same know-it-all assclowns are the first ones posting on favre threads sullying his name. I say fuck them all, who are they to tell me or anyone else what to type on the fucking internet. This place is going to hell because of them not us. They think they own this place and want to be the fucking PackerRat KGB....Nazi pricks if you ask me.

The place is not "going to hell because of them, not us." If it is going to hell, it's because people are holding onto a them vs. us attitude. No matter if you thought that TT was being disrepectful or Favre was being outrageous (or whatever adjectives you'd prefer to use for either of them), some have used it as an excuse to bash the people "on the other side" and that is the part that I think people are having a problem with. I mean, really. Nazis? Really?

esoxx
08-31-2008, 12:23 PM

QFT

esoxx
08-31-2008, 12:24 PM
I really like what Nutz posted leading page 2 of this thread. Except calling anyone here bitches. I understand why people get annoyed at the comments.

Trying my best to think like Patler, I looked at the comments and the timing trying to grasp the what, why and how of the comments.

What: Brett really wants to mess up TT and M3 legacy in Green Bay. I believe that he secretly wants A-Rod to be a huge disaster, despite what he claims.

Why: Revenge. The way Brett has told it, Brett was available to TT during the 4-12, 8-8 years at TT's pleading. TT has confirmed he lobbied Brett hard to come back in those years.

And it's undeniable that Brett's contribution to 13-3 was gigantic, but M3 gets 99% credit, almost getting M3 a COTY trophy and, indeed landing TT an EOTY trophy.

So, when Brett changed his mind on retirement, he felt TT and M3 owed him. TT for being there during the drought and M3 for rocket starting his HC career.

At least in Brett's perception in my mind. And, despite what Brett says, I believe he doesn't care too much for A-Rod.

How: Continue to remind GB fans with anecdotes on little details, continue to heap pressure on A-Rod ("barring injury") at timely moments. And on Jets' game days, he will play lights out to remind everyone "if you were a betting man, who would you have bet on".

I don't believe this is a hick running his mouth just to grab attention. I believe this is a man who is defending his honour, coldly, with calculation and single-minded purpose.

Ironically, the additional motivation provided to Brett by M3 and TT might be just what the Jets have needed for so long!

Great post :!:

esoxx
08-31-2008, 12:27 PM
Favre is making TO look sane. Interesting comments from the Pro Football Talk link :

And you are making Tank look sane. What is the point of dragging other forum users remarks into this one. Anyone could find quotes praising Favre or bashing TT but that wouldn't appear to be a good idea either. :roll:

bobblehead
08-31-2008, 12:39 PM
I think brett needs to get really mad and play his ass off to get the jets to the playoffs to prove TT wrong.....and get us a 2nd round pick.

Scott Campbell
08-31-2008, 12:51 PM

And you are making Tank look sane. What is the point of dragging other forum users remarks into this one. Anyone could find quotes praising Favre or bashing TT but that wouldn't appear to be a good idea either. :roll:

I enjoyed em. Bring it on!

GrnBay007
08-31-2008, 01:17 PM
Here is the ESPN article with reporters -

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3561440

HEMPSTEAD, N.Y. -- As the tears rolled down his gray-stubbled cheeks, Brett Favre was saying goodbye to football and fighting his persistent doubts.

Even at his retirement news conference in March, he couldn't shake the feeling that he was making a huge mistake.

"I said, 'I might just be writing my career off right now,'" the New York Jets quarterback recalled earlier this week. "I've had 17 great years and there's no guarantee what the future holds, but you won't know unless you take that chance. And I was thinking that."

Nearly six months later, Favre is back on the field -- with the Jets instead of the Green Bay Packers. It's been an improbable whirlwind for the three-time MVP, who talked candidly with reporters about the events surrounding his retirement, his comeback, his bitter divorce from the Packers and joining the Jets.

"I think now that I'm here, that part is over and done with," Favre said. "No one in that locker room is worried about it. Not once has a guy said, 'Hey, sit down and tell me what happened.' They may want to know or whatever, but we're too busy. And I'm having a blast.

"It's been hard, but, really, I know I made the right decision."

Favre couldn't say the same of his choice to walk away from the game a few weeks after losing the NFC championship game against the New York Giants.

"I knew I wanted to play," the 38-year-old quarterback said. "Everyday I would wake up and say, 'Boy, I'd like to play.' At some point in the day, I'd go, 'Ahh, I don't know.' With each day that passed, I got more and more committed to do it, and that was all I was looking for from Day 1.

"As time passed by, I said, 'You know, I've still got the fire.'"

Favre appeared completely at ease during the informal 40-minute session, wearing a gray T-shirt and green Jets shorts while sitting casually in a chair in front of about 10 reporters. He cracked jokes at times, but turned serious when he spoke of the events of the last several months.

"I finally got to a point where I was committed, and to me, that includes everything," he said. "I've always considered myself the ultimate teammate, regardless of how I've been portrayed this year."

During the weeks leading to his retirement, Favre said Packers coach Mike McCarthy told him that the team wanted to know what his plans were for this season. Favre had waffled between playing and retiring several times during the previous few offseasons.

"The day I told McCarthy I was going to retire, he said, 'Are you sure?'" Favre recalled. "I said, 'No, I'm not sure, but you want an answer and I'm giving you an answer: I'm not sure.'"

Favre told McCarthy he felt a pull to play but, after 17 seasons, wasn't sure he still had the desire to go through minicamp, OTAs, training camp and other workouts.

"Now, I could've told them, 'All right, I'll come back,' even though at that time, I didn't want to," he said. "And then, July rolls around and we start camp and I go, 'God, I just ain't got it,' and then just walk away. Well, to me, that was worse than saying, 'Guys, if you want an answer right now, I'm just not 100 percent committed, and because of that, I'm retiring.' I was just honest with them."

Favre said he spoke to Packers' general manager Ted Thompson only once during the process, the day after the NFL draft in April.

"I always liked Ted and I don't want to say I dislike him now," he said. "I'm disappointed."

Thompson flew to Favre's Mississippi home, and the quarterback thought the general manager was there to ask him to come back. Instead, Thompson told him that the team was going to do something special for him: dismantle his locker and send it to him.

"That was the craziest thing I ever heard of," Favre said. "What the hell am I going to do with a locker anyway? So, I said, 'OK, Ted, that's great.'"

Thompson left shortly after the conversation, but not before Favre told him he might have reservations about retiring.

"I started getting the impression in May that, 'Boy, I feel like I need to play,'" the quarterback said. "The tough part was how do I get myself out of this jam? And that was before any of this ever came out. I was thinking, 'Boy, this is not going to look good.' ... Finally, I don't know the day, I woke up and said, 'I can't control what people are going to say, so why worry about it?'"

Favre called McCarthy on June 20 and told him that he wanted to come back.

"When he picked up the phone again after he dropped it, he said, 'Oh, God, Brett. You're putting us in a tight spot,'" Favre said. "He said, 'Brett, playing here is not an option.' Those were his exact, exact words."

The Packers made it clear they were moving forward with Aaron Rodgers as their starting quarterback.

"There's no guarantees I come back and I play as well as I did last year, but if you're a betting man and you said, 'OK, who gives us the best chance to win right now?' and this is not bragging, but I would think I would," said Favre, who threw for 4,155 yards and 28 touchdowns last season. "Aaron may play great and then they all look like geniuses, but to not welcome me back -- and I'm just assuming -- for fear of upsetting Aaron, not only now, but in the future, is totally ridiculous. Totally ridiculous."

Favre shot down reports that Thompson and McCarthy had chartered a flight to Mississippi to talk to the quarterback in late March about finalizing his comeback, only to have Favre back out at the last minute. Favre said McCarthy told him they were heading to Orlando, Fla., for the owners' meetings and wanted to stop by to speak with him.

"The next day I told him, 'Mike, don't worry about coming down or dropping by. I still can't commit,'" he said. "They made it sound like they had chartered a plane just to see me and I had made a call and said, 'I'm coming back,' which is not true."

A series of he-said, they-said accusations followed, as did rumors of where Favre might end up. The Packers wouldn't grant Favre his release to become a free agent, but Tampa Bay and the Jets entered the picture as trade partners.

Favre agreed to come to New York after a persuasive conversation with general manager Mike Tannenbaum.

"Mike called me on the phone and I couldn't get him to shut up," he said with a grin, "but he sold me."

Favre has promised the Jets nothing beyond this season. And, he says, none of that matters now, not with the season opener at Miami a week away.

"I didn't want to go anywhere, including Green Bay, and go through a bad season and lose and get beat up and everyone say, 'What the hell did he come back for?'" Favre said. "Now, that could happen here, it could happen in Green Bay and it could happen anywhere. I've always felt like I give whatever team I'm on a good chance to win, but there's way more to it than one guy. ...

"The bottom line was that I wanted to play and I felt like this team had a good chance to win. It would be difficult, as it would be anywhere, but I felt like this would be a good fit for me."

------

Believe what you want about Brett Favre. I always appreciated his play and dedication to the game and to the Packers. I don't believe he was the villain in all this as many would like to believe. Good luck to the Packers minus TT (I don't like him) and good luck to Brett Favre with the Jets.

Scott Campbell
08-31-2008, 01:21 PM
"I think now that I'm here, that part is over and done with," Favre said.

It might be over, if he ever decides to stop talking about it. Save a little for the tell all book version.

Pacopete4
08-31-2008, 03:04 PM

It might be over, if he ever decides to stop talking about it. Save a little for the tell all book version.

Freedom of speech.. its a great thing in this country... Brett Favre can say whatever the hell he wants to say, if you have a problem with that... don't listen?... simple as that..

Cleft Crusty
08-31-2008, 03:06 PM

Freedom of speech.. its a great thing in this country... Brett Favre can say whatever the hell he wants to say, if you have a problem with that... don't listen?... simple as that..

If Brett Favre spoke, and no one listened, would he make a sound?

MJZiggy
08-31-2008, 03:09 PM

If Brett Favre spoke, and no one listened, would he make a sound?

Yes. His farts can be heard whether you're listening or not.

Scott Campbell
08-31-2008, 03:16 PM

Freedom of speech.. its a great thing in this country...

Good point. I almost forgot about that. :bs:

Scott Campbell
08-31-2008, 03:31 PM
"The day I told McCarthy I was going to retire, he said, 'Are you sure?'" Favre recalled. "I said, 'No, I'm not sure, but you want an answer and I'm giving you an answer: I'm not sure.'"

Favre told McCarthy he felt a pull to play but, after 17 seasons, wasn't sure he still had the desire to go through minicamp, OTAs, training camp and other workouts.

"Now, I could've told them, 'All right, I'll come back,' even though at that time, I didn't want to," he said. "And then, July rolls around and we start camp and I go, 'God, I just ain't got it,' and then just walk away. Well, to me, that was worse than saying, 'Guys, if you want an answer right now, I'm just not 100 percent committed, and because of that, I'm retiring.' I was just honest with them."

We need another conspiracy theory around here.

Did he assume he could just play some mind games to weasel out of the OTA's and early camp responsibilities, and it backfired on him?

Scott Campbell
08-31-2008, 03:50 PM
"I've always considered myself the ultimate teammate, regardless of how I've been portrayed this year."

"It's not my job to make him (Rodgers) better."

Yeah, ultimate teammate.

Pacopete4
08-31-2008, 03:57 PM
"I've always considered myself the ultimate teammate, regardless of how I've been portrayed this year."

I always thought it was great the way Brett immediately took Aaron under his wing and committed himself to mentoring the young QB. He certainly was the ultimate teammate. I can't believe how unfairly he's being "portrayed".

I just read that Witten told the guy they drafted this season to stop asking him so many question and that sooner or later you have to go out and do it yourself... is he a bad teammate now too?.... I've never heard a complaint about him either...

ITS NOT THEIR FUCKING JOB TO TRAIN THE BACKUP PLAYERS..... IT IS THE COACHES JOB TO DO THAT... THAT IS WHAT THEY ARE FUCKING PAID TO DO.... PLAYERS ARE PAID TO PLAY THE MOTHERFUCKING GAMES.... HOW HARD OF A CONCEPT IS THAT?...

Scott Campbell
08-31-2008, 04:01 PM
ITS NOT THEIR FUCKING JOB TO TRAIN THE BACKUP PLAYERS..... IT IS THE COACHES JOB TO DO THAT... THAT IS WHAT THEY ARE FUCKING PAID TO DO.... PLAYERS ARE PAID TO PLAY THE MOTHERFUCKING GAMES.... HOW HARD OF A CONCEPT IS THAT?...

Gee - I didn't know that. Has anyone told Aaron?

Rodgers said. “I told both Brian and Matt from the edge that if they have any questions, they have a duty to come to me and I’ll help them in any way I can. Because making them better is making our team better.”

vince
08-31-2008, 04:03 PM
But, of course, t's perfectly reasonable for players to tell the GM how he should be going about his job...

Pacopete4
08-31-2008, 04:08 PM

Rodgers said. “I told both Brian and Matt from the edge that if they have any questions, they have a duty to come to me and I’ll help them in any way I can. Because making them better is making our team better.”

Ya, because Arod probably won't make it 16 games and they'll have to play... with Brett no one else was needed at the QB position

Pacopete4
08-31-2008, 04:09 PM
But, of course, t's perfectly reasonable for players to tell the GM how he should be going about his job...

He didn't... he lobbied hard for Moss and to keep his Whale and was deceived by TT in whether or not they were going after them... that was his bitch, not that he didn't get them

Scott Campbell
08-31-2008, 04:12 PM
ITS NOT THE QB'S FUCKING JOB TO TELL THE GM WHO TO GET..... IT IS THE GM'S JOB TO DO THAT... THAT IS WHAT THEY ARE FUCKING PAID TO DO.... PLAYERS ARE PAID TO PLAY THE MOTHERFUCKING GAMES.... HOW HARD OF A CONCEPT IS THAT?...

Good point. :lol:

Scott Campbell
08-31-2008, 04:13 PM
... with Brett no one else was needed at the QB position

And to think, Shermy could have kept a 3rd punter.

Partial
08-31-2008, 04:16 PM

Because A-Rod needs to impress the fans and this looks good. Realistically, he should worry about winning a game before offering up any advice.

Scott Campbell
08-31-2008, 04:16 PM
Ya, because Arod probably won't make it 16 games and they'll have to play.......

Or maybe its because Arod doesn't have his own wing in the locker room, and has to interact with all the little people every day.

I think Arod's quote was aimed squarely at Brett's treatment of him as Rookie. He couldn't call him out directly, as that would never play in WI where Brett bashing is taboo for players or the organization.

No proof - just a hunch.

Partial
08-31-2008, 04:18 PM

Yeah, ultimate teammate.

Do you think MJ stayed late after practice to work with Steve Kerr or BJ Armstrong? Give me a break.

Ultimate teammate in that he will do anything to win and leave it all on the field. That's all you can ask.

Chevelle2
08-31-2008, 04:21 PM

Yeah, ultimate teammate.

Do you think MJ stayed late after practice to work with Steve Kerr or BJ Armstrong? Give me a break.

Ultimate teammate in that he will do anything to win and leave it all on the field. That's all you can ask.

"Making them (Flynn, Brohm) better, is making our team better"

-AR

Scott Campbell
08-31-2008, 04:22 PM
Do you think MJ stayed late after practice to work with Steve Kerr or BJ Armstrong?

Did MJ ever tell those guys its not his job to make them better, and then go on to brag about how he was the ultimate teammate?

Partial
08-31-2008, 04:25 PM
Do you think MJ stayed late after practice to work with Steve Kerr or BJ Armstrong?

Did MJ ever tell those guys its not his job to make them better, and then go on to brag about how he was the ultimate teammate?

1) All Favre did was state the obvious. Why would he tutor someone to take his place when he has many years left? Screw that. I wouldn't do it either.

Would you tutor a younger, cheaper replacement for you at your career knowing that this person was hand chosen by the CEO to take your place when he is skilled enough to do so when you're 35 years old?!? I know I sure wouldn't, and it doesn't make me any worse of a teammate.

Partial
08-31-2008, 04:26 PM

Yeah, ultimate teammate.

"Making them (Flynn, Brohm) better, is making our team better"

-AR

PR PR PR PR PR.

Rodgers isn't going to help anyone take his job and take his payday. Don't be that ignorant. Would you?

Scott Campbell
08-31-2008, 04:28 PM
Would you tutor a younger, cheaper replacement for you at your career knowing that this person was hand chosen by the CEO to take your place when he is skilled enough to do so? If you would you're a fool. No different.

So I'm a fool - huh?

This kind of paranoid thinking is why people get stuck in the same jobs for their entire career. I've always gladly trained my replacements so that my employer is free to promote me.

Scott Campbell
08-31-2008, 04:29 PM
I know I sure wouldn't, and it doesn't make me any worse of a teammate.

Well I agree with that, but only because you can't fall out of the basement - so to speak.

Packgator
08-31-2008, 04:43 PM
was deceived by TT in whether or not they were going after them

Deceived? Says who.....Brett? Probably went something like this.....

Brett: Sure would like to have those two guys stay with us.

TT: Yeah, me too. We'll see what we can do.

Brett: Great.

Lurker64
08-31-2008, 04:52 PM
You cannot be the "ultimate teammate" unless you do everything possible in order to help your team and the members of that team. "Helping the young guy that will eventually replace you grow into his role" is certainly a thing that is possible to do to help out your team and the players on that team.

Therefore, Favre is not the "ultimate teammate".

He may well be "a hell of a teammate" or something, but he falls significantly short of "ultimate."

I would also like to add that nobody is "the ultimate teammate", since everybody throughout history could have probably done something better.

Harlan Huckleby
08-31-2008, 04:53 PM
1) All Favre did was state the obvious. Why would he tutor someone to take his place when he has many years left? Screw that. I wouldn't do it either.

Helping younger people out is a very admirble quality. But I mostly agree with you, Favre's job is to be a QB, not a QB coach, and it is not in his nature to be a mentor. You can't force people to be something they are not.

Scott Campbell
08-31-2008, 05:01 PM
........ and it is not in his nature to be a mentor

He sure tried to mentor Ted.

:lol:

Partial
08-31-2008, 05:11 PM
Would you tutor a younger, cheaper replacement for you at your career knowing that this person was hand chosen by the CEO to take your place when he is skilled enough to do so? If you would you're a fool. No different.

So I'm a fool - huh?

This kind of paranoid thinking is why people get stuck in the same jobs for their entire career. I've always gladly trained my replacements so that my employer is free to promote me.

And Favre could get promoted to....

GM? That didn't work out so well for him :lol:

Chevelle2
08-31-2008, 05:46 PM
How is this any different than Javon talking shit about us when he was in Denver?

Rastak
08-31-2008, 05:55 PM
How is this any different than Javon talking shit about us when he was in Denver?

Javon Walker talked shit about you or Packer Rats?

Tyrone Bigguns
08-31-2008, 06:00 PM

The Jets might get jealous.

If the old rule of thumb is right...takes you half the time you were together to grieve...this should blow over around 2015. :oops:

Tyrone Bigguns
08-31-2008, 06:21 PM

It's Over (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4K7Lvaa_qU)

Fixed. 8-)

Mike..you are nuts. You don't put ELO in the sappy AM gold cat.

That belongs to awesome talents like:

Leo Sayer, Pablo Cruise, Ace, Randy Van Warmer, etc.

Kiwon
08-31-2008, 06:39 PM

The NY media is going to play Farve like a drum. Expect some quotes that Farve will say that he regrets in the future.

red
08-31-2008, 06:43 PM
Believe what you want about Brett Favre. I always appreciated his play and dedication to the game and to the Packers. I don't believe he was the villain in all this as many would like to believe. Good luck to the Packers minus TT (I don't like him) and good luck to Brett Favre with the Jets.

:glug:

packinpatland
08-31-2008, 07:09 PM

One more time........... :glug:

RashanGary
08-31-2008, 08:05 PM
In this thread there have been no insults shot at the Favre lovers. Everyone disagreeing with Favre's stance has been civil and respectfull to the posters who disagree. This, however, is a collection of the best insults by Favre lovers shot at fellow posters who think Favre is out of line.

Some of you are just little bitches that are still so angry that Favre retired (Nutz calling Favre realists bitches)

echoed so people get it through their heads. (Partial insinuating people are too dumb to understand)

Sorry all you know it alls, but Brett is just being human, as always! (LWCA calling people “know it alls”)

Just listen to all the pricks around here that bitch and complain they don't want to talk about Favre, because he is gone or whatever. These same know-it-all assclowns are the first ones posting on favre threads sullying his name. I say fuck them all, who are they to tell me or anyone else what to type on the fucking internet. (LWCA calling people pricks, assclowns, saying fuck us, etc. . .)

PR PR PR PR PR.

Rodgers isn't going to help anyone take his job and take his payday. Don't be that ignorant. Would you? (Partial calling SC ignorant for believing Rodgers).

After reading this thread ask yourself a couple questions:

1. Who is bitter, angry and can't let go; Favre lovers that are doing the name calling or Favre realists who are telling Favre to let it go?

2. Who is bringing this forum down with nasty insults at fellow posters who happen to disagree?

Scott Campbell
08-31-2008, 09:19 PM
Well, in fairness I may have provoked things a bit. :oops:

cpk1994
08-31-2008, 09:20 PM
Careful JH, now they will be calling you all those names. I give them credit though. That is the one thing they are experts on. :lol:

HarveyWallbangers
08-31-2008, 09:33 PM
Did he really say this?

http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080831/PKR07/80831033/1058/PKR01

By going public with private conversations, Favre has thrown several of his former colleagues under the bus, including offensive line coach James Campen and coach Mike McCarthy.

Favre’s attack on Thompson on Saturday might have been the low point when he suggested the Packers’ GM was too shy and awkward in social settings.

“Just because he’s quiet, doesn’t mean he’s good, bad or indifferent at what he does,” Favre said of Thompson, as reported by the New York Post. “But I look at (Jets GM) Mike Tannenbaum – and I’m not saying Mike’s a better GM or whatever – but you have to be socially (adaptable), in my opinion.”

It’s typical double-speak by Favre. If on one hand Favre acknowledges a quiet personality doesn’t affect a general manager’s job performance, then why bring up the topic? Clearly, Favre’s goal is to stick it to Thompson at every turn.

RashanGary
08-31-2008, 09:55 PM
Wow, he is really spitefull to take a shot at something so personal. It's very reminicent of the favre lovers here. They just love to attack and hate. It's no wonder these people relate so well, they're all equally spitefull and mentally prone to blaming others for their mistakes.

He said he didn't want to retire the whole time but did it because he didn't want to go to OTA's and minicamps. Really, was it worth it, Brett? Is it really Ted's fault that you made a really bad decision in the name of avoiding off season work with yoru teammates? Can you really blame the coach and GM for being bothered by your lack of commitment? Look in the mirror, Brett. Really. They wanted a leader that was going to set the standard, not someone to set a bad example. IMO that is what all of this came down to and through all of it Brett simply felt he didn't have to do anything he didn't want to and would get what ever he wanted anyway.

I do hope the best for Favre in his life but he is badly in need of some humility and week 2 looks like as good of time as any for him to get it.

Partial
08-31-2008, 09:59 PM
You mean losing to the best team in the league as opposed to the Packers who will be 1-1 losing to about the 12th best team in the league arguably.

Stevogbfan
08-31-2008, 09:59 PM
amen justin

RashanGary
08-31-2008, 10:01 PM
You mean losing to the best team in the league as opposed to the Packers who will be 1-1 losing to about the 12th best team in the league arguably.

The Packers will rock!!

The Jets, well, not so much :)

RashanGary
08-31-2008, 10:22 PM
On a side not, I was going to take one of the Jet WR's in my fantasy league Jerico whatever hsi name is but he got snatched up before I could pick.

I think Favre is going to have a very up and down season with spectacular plays and bone headed plays but through it all he will give his WR's chances to make a ton of plays even if it's at the expense of his INT total. I don't think the Jets are good enough to overcome turnover filled football but the WR's dont' suffer from that and as such I think those two starting WR's are two fantasy steals in a lot of drafts (just not fantasy drafts with packer 14 packer fans that want Favre guys)

IMO Favre's head is not in the right place right now. If the Packers come out firing and the Jets struggle he is going to quickly get pissed off, go home at night with a very bad attitude toward the people he feels wronged him and then show up on Sunday with a "this sucks" attitude like in 2005. I hope, over the long haul, he just looks in the mirror and realizes nobody was out to get him, nobody hates him and just become a better person from the struggles. Where his head is at right now and with the entitlement his fame and money affords him, I just don't think he's going to be humbled any time soon. Unfortunatly for the Jets, I think that might be a part of why they don't get the best Favre has to offer.

Deputy Nutz
08-31-2008, 10:40 PM
In this thread there have been no insults shot at the Favre lovers. Everyone disagreeing with Favre's stance has been civil and respectfull to the posters who disagree. This, however, is a collection of the best insults by Favre lovers shot at fellow posters who think Favre is out of line.

Some of you are just little bitches that are still so angry that Favre retired (Nutz calling Favre realists bitches)

echoed so people get it through their heads. (Partial insinuating people are too dumb to understand)

Sorry all you know it alls, but Brett is just being human, as always! (LWCA calling people “know it alls”)

Just listen to all the pricks around here that bitch and complain they don't want to talk about Favre, because he is gone or whatever. These same know-it-all assclowns are the first ones posting on favre threads sullying his name. I say fuck them all, who are they to tell me or anyone else what to type on the fucking internet. (LWCA calling people pricks, assclowns, saying fuck us, etc. . .)

PR PR PR PR PR.

Rodgers isn't going to help anyone take his job and take his payday. Don't be that ignorant. Would you? (Partial calling SC ignorant for believing Rodgers).

1. Who is bitter, angry and can't let go; Favre lovers that are doing the name calling or Favre realists who are telling Favre to let it go?

2. Who is bringing this forum down with nasty insults at fellow posters who happen to disagree?

Excuse me, but what the fuck is a "Favre Realist"?

I have let go, I understand and support the fact that the Packer best option at QB in 2008 is playing for the Jets, you can't get any more real than that.

Favre Realist? Really????

RashanGary
08-31-2008, 10:42 PM
It's OK, Nutz. Let it go, man. Find a new idol. Enjoy football again. Life is too short to be this angry over something so trivial.

As far as I'm concerned, I'm just glad it's over but when Brett does this you can't help but shake your head a little. I hope for the best with him, but his head seems to be in a pretty bad spot. Hopefully he can go back to enjoying that great live he has and not dwelling on how people did him wrong when the season is over. For the Jets sake hopefully he moves on by the time the season starts.

Deputy Nutz
08-31-2008, 10:51 PM
It's OK, Nutz. Let it go, man. Find a new idol. Enjoy football again. Life is too short to be this angry over something so trivial.

As far as I'm concerned, I'm just glad it's over but when Brett does this you can't help but shake your head a little. I hope for the best with him, but his head seems to be in a pretty bad spot. Hopefully he can go back to enjoying that great live he has and not dwelling on how people did him wrong when the season is over. For the Jets sake hopefully he moves on by the time the season starts.

Seriously, what the hell is a "Favre Realist"? You are one goofy bastard.

I am sure Favre decided to do one last interview on the subject before the start of the season so it wouldn't continue to be a distraction to him and the team. I am sure it probably felt good for him to get things off his chest, and hopefully it is over. I don't need to listen to him or hear him talking about the situation and the break up with the Packers anymore, I don't get excited when Favre speaks out about it. Just like I don't care to listen to all you bitch about how Favre has done the Packers wrong.

RashanGary
08-31-2008, 10:59 PM
Really? Earlier in this thread you sounded pretty pissed off. Why do you favre lovers feel such a need to hide your feelings on the matter? You're quite obviously angry at anyone who doesn't understand the way Brett was mistreated the way you understand it.

It's over. The Packers did what they felt was best for the Packers. Favre is gone. Forever (thank Ted). Can't you just be happy the whole drama is over and enjoy the team you claim to be a fan of while not calling people who disagree with you bitches or goofy bastard or whatever you just called me?

We agree to disagree. I call a Favre realist someone who looks at the reality of the situation with sound reasoning and an open mind. To me, you are someone who uses their love for his idiol as the center piece of your persecution and betrayal theory. With that, you are what I call a Favre lover. It should be considered a badge of honor for your unwavoring loyalty. Wear it proudly.

mraynrand
08-31-2008, 11:01 PM
Geezus Fucking Krist. It's like the next shift just reported.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLWiKuDpbks&feature=related

Go in about 40 seconds and you'll get my point.

Scott Campbell
08-31-2008, 11:41 PM
I am sure Favre decided to do one last interview on the subject before the start of the season................

I really didn't get the impression he was done talking about it.

Pacopete4
09-01-2008, 02:43 AM
Really? Earlier in this thread you sounded pretty pissed off. Why do you favre lovers feel such a need to hide your feelings on the matter? You're quite obviously angry at anyone who doesn't understand the way Brett was mistreated the way you understand it.

It's over. The Packers did what they felt was best for the Packers. Favre is gone. Forever (thank Ted). Can't you just be happy the whole drama is over and enjoy the team you claim to be a fan of while not calling people who disagree with you bitches or goofy bastard or whatever you just called me?

We agree to disagree. I call a Favre realist someone who looks at the reality of the situation with sound reasoning and an open mind. To me, you are someone who uses their love for his idiol as the center piece of your persecution and betrayal theory. With that, you are what I call a Favre lover. It should be considered a badge of honor for your unwavoring loyalty. Wear it proudly.[size=24]

No.... cuz people like you keep disrespecting the best thing the Packers ever have had...

Lurker64
09-01-2008, 03:16 AM
No.... cuz people like you keep disrespecting the best thing the Packers ever have had...

Is someone talking shit about Lombardi or Starr somewhere and I'm just not seeing it?

TravisWilliams23
09-01-2008, 07:19 AM
Sounds like this forum needs something similar to the Camp David Accords.

Jimmy Carter is still alive and he might be willing to mediate a truce between Packer fans on the Favre matter. We could hold it at Camp Randall.

But then again - Sadat and Begin are both dead and Israel and Palestine are still fighting each other 30 years after signing the agreement.

The season can't start soon enough. It's been a long and emotional off season to say the least. Packers have the best fans in the world. I like
coming to this forum for insight I can't get anywhere else. I love the humor and sarcasm as well.

As a famous American once said "Can't we all just get along?"

ThunderDan
09-01-2008, 07:35 AM

Helping younger people out is a very admirble quality. But I mostly agree with you, Favre's job is to be a QB, not a QB coach, and it is not in his nature to be a mentor. You can't force people to be something they are not.

On that same note (I actually agree with your point) , Favre's job was to be QB not GM.

Scott Campbell
09-01-2008, 08:17 AM
Looks like Thompson's not going to let Brett drag him into the gutter.

Thompson said he was aware of the critical comments made recently by former quarterback Brett Favre, but declined to comment on them directly. “I’ll say this and we’ve said this before: We wish Brett the best and we are trying to get ready for the start of the season,” Thompson said. . . .

LL2
09-01-2008, 08:37 AM
I do hope the best for Favre in his life but he is badly in need of some humility and week 2 looks like as good of time as any for him to get it.

I can't wait until week two. I hope the Patriots pound Favre's ass to the ground and make him feel like an old man.

RashanGary
09-01-2008, 08:38 AM

Life is going to be a long, torturous journey for you, my friend. If you can't let people disagree on a subject, and take dissapointment in the way Favre handled this as a personal insult to you worthy of verbally abusing another poster, then you are in trouble.

Madtownpacker
Nutz
Partial
GBR
Gex
Paco

There is a whole list that will not allow anyone to disagree with the way Favre handled this mess. They generally name call, gang up, try to force silence and use their banning tools if the other bullying tactics don't work. It's really too bad. You all really should try to enjoy life a little.

RashanGary
09-01-2008, 08:41 AM

I can't wait until week two. I hope the Patriots pound Favre's ass to the ground and make him feel like an old man.

I too can't wait but it's because I like him. It's tough love. He really needs it.

RashanGary
09-01-2008, 08:45 AM
- An offense with a small, partly installed playbook and a QB who can't recite many plays

- A defense filled with the smartest back 8 in the NFL that can break the code on full, complex offenses

- A 39 year old QB who didn't put his best foot forward this offseason with conditioning

Oh man, I hope he gets beat down to teach him a little lesson on how good he had it but I hope there is no permanent damage to his back or neck.

Partial
09-01-2008, 08:51 AM

Life is going to be a long, torturous journey for you, my friend. If you can't let people disagree on a subject, and take dissapointment in the way Favre handled this as a personal insult to you worthy of verbally abusing another poster, then you are in trouble.

Madtownpacker
Nutz
Partial
GBR
Gex
Paco

There is a whole list that will not allow anyone to disagree with the way Favre handled this mess. They generally name call, gang up, try to force silence and use their banning tools if the other bullying tactics don't work. It's really too bad. You all really should try to enjoy life a little.

right...

RashanGary
09-01-2008, 08:55 AM
I thought about leaving you off the list, Partial. You tend to just disagree and get a little sarcastic. You fight your fights fairly, alone, using your own wit and brain power. It's the others who want to put an end to everyone who has any disagreement with Favre's handling of this mess. They get rallied through emails and private messages and then try to take down those who they disagree with by using their gang mentality or their banning tools if it comes to it.

Partial
09-01-2008, 08:58 AM
I think that you have no idea what you're talking about far more often (80-20) than you do. But go on with your shit eating grin, feeling all warm and fuzzy inside casting people out simply to stir the pot.

Partial
09-01-2008, 08:59 AM
- An offense with a small, partly installed playbook and a QB who can't recite many plays

SOURCE

- A defense filled with the smartest back 8 in the NFL that can break the code on full, complex offenses

SOURCE?!?

- A 39 year old QB who didn't put his best foot forward this offseason with conditioning

SOURCE?

Oh man, I hope he gets beat down to teach him a little lesson on how good he had it but I hope there is no permanent damage to his back or neck.

Sickening.

RashanGary
09-01-2008, 09:00 AM
I think that you have no idea what you're talking about far more often (80-20) than you do. But go on with your shit eating grin, feeling all warm and fuzzy inside casting people out simply to stir the pot.

If I was you I'd worry about my own track record ;)

mmmdk
09-01-2008, 09:06 AM
...things ain't looking good 'over there'...it's time for the Euro Rat to run for President of the "United" State of Favros...it's time for the old country to run things around here... :lol: YEAH :pack:

MOBB DEEP
09-01-2008, 09:07 AM

good comparison benedict arnold (lol)

i dont care wat anyone says (young or old) like jordan MADE the bulls, lord favre MADE the packers in the 90s; talkn revenue, excitement, familiarity, league-wide respect (players like reggie actually wanted to come ther but not before lord favre)...outside of those hicks up there who really gave a darn about gb before the favre era?

what we see now is the residule effects of his phenomenal influence (should last a good 2-3 years btw) and then, like the bulls, packr nation will long for that era. so people like JH can gloat about how the pack "will rock" (people still say that?) and i think they'll go AT LEAST 11-5 this season...but dont for a second blieve that favre's legacy has nuthn to do with the teams current status

im not into name calln (especially on some public forum with weirdos hiding behind computers) so i'll simply say it's a no-brainer that TT, etc dropped the ball on the favre issue. too late to change it now so im just enjoying the last years of favre (like a wizards fan)

jerry krause = tt (IDIOTS! i will name-call a gm....he he)

mmmdk
09-01-2008, 09:08 AM
...things ain't looking good 'over there'...it's time for the Euro Rat to run for President of the "United" State of Favros...it's time for the old country to run things around here... :lol: YEAH :pack:

WOW :shock: When I posted the above, it was my post # 2066, does that mean something weird or something? Wait...that was my post # 2067...never mind!

MOBB DEEP
09-01-2008, 09:14 AM

Jets quarterback Brett Favre sat down with some reporters in New York today and detailed the talks he had this off-season with Packers General Manager Ted Thompson and coach Mike McCarthy.

It’s clear that Favre doesn’t have warm memories of either, especially Thompson.

In an amusing portion of his interview with the New York Post, Favre talks about the visit that Thompson made to his Mississippi home after the NFL draft. Favre said he thought they were going to talk about him potentially coming back, but instead they talked about an odd offer that Thompson made.

“Then he kind of gets quiet,” Favre said, recalling what Thompson said to him, “and says, ‘We want to do something special for you, and what do you think if we …’ and these were his words exactly, ‘dismantle your locker and send it to you.’

“I was like, ‘What the hell are you talking about?’ I was like, ‘Um, OK Ted, great.’

“He said, ‘It’s going to be your locker, we’ll send it to you. Now, it’s going to be in a box.’

“I’m thinking, ‘Way to get my ass out the door.’ That’s the craziest thing I’ve ever heard of. What the hell am I going to do with a locker? So I just said, ‘Oh, OK, Ted, that’s great.’”

Favre also recounted his conversations with McCarthy, saying to the New York Daily News that when he first told the Packers’ coach of his intention to return, the response was: “Oh, God, Brett, you’re putting us in a tight spot.”

And Favre, to this day, isn’t sure why McCarthy thinks that — because Favre still thinks he would have been better for the Packers this season than Aaron Rodgers.
“I think Aaron Rodgers will do a real good job, barring injury,” Favre said, “but if you’re a betting man and said, ‘Who gives us the best chance to win right now?’ … This isn’t bragging, but I think I would. Aaron may play great, and they’ll look like geniuses, but to not welcome me back … I just assumed it was the fear of upsetting Aaron, not only now but in the future. To me, that’s ridiculous, totally ridiculous.”

lol...u go brett!

i fail to understand the favre bashn by "real" pack fans

these quotes are just funny to me

in ten years lets just compare tt and mm legacies to lord favre's...

MOBB DEEP
09-01-2008, 09:17 AM
I thought about leaving you off the list, Partial. You tend to just disagree and get a little sarcastic. You fight your fights fairly, alone, using your own wit and brain power. It's the others who want to put an end to everyone who has any disagreement with Favre's handling of this mess. They get rallied through emails and private messages and then try to take down those who they disagree with by using their gang mentality or their banning tools if it comes to it.

wat? conspiracy theory???

noid

mmmdk
09-01-2008, 09:27 AM

wat? conspiracy theory???

noid

Yeah! And what's up with you guys and gals that are currently "just browsing" this forum...I fell watched. Post, damnit, post!

mmmdk
09-01-2008, 09:30 AM
There's so much material on this thread alone that I don't have to worry running dry on jokes! :lol:

MOBB DEEP
09-01-2008, 09:33 AM

QFT

MOBB DEEP
09-01-2008, 09:38 AM
haha...

Most of that stuff we already knew (McCarthy's "we're in a tight spot" comment, Brett thinks he's better than Rodgers, etc..)

He talked about the locker on Greta and didn't seem overly excited about it..I kind of thought it was a weird idea to begin with, but there's just no need to say these things..

And I love how he prefaced the one comment with "I'm not bragging, but..." Whenever someone starts a sentence with that, they're about to brag..Just like whenever someone says "I'm not a racist, but..." and then follows it up with a racist comment..Like Parcells: "Not to offend the orientals, but Jap plays"

lol im not bragging...

it's actually NOT bragging if u can back it up

too bad he wasnt allowed to "prove" it in TC

"NOOOOOO BRETTS ON HIS WAY HERE....NOOOO!! lmao, such clowns

cpk1994
09-01-2008, 09:52 AM

We agree to disagree. I call a Favre realist someone who looks at the reality of the situation with sound reasoning and an open mind. To me, you are someone who uses their love for his idiol as the center piece of your persecution and betrayal theory. With that, you are what I call a Favre lover. It should be considered a badge of honor for your unwavoring loyalty. Wear it proudly.[size=24]

No.... cuz people like you keep disrespecting the best thing the Packers ever have had...WE have the right to say what we feel about Favre. You have a problem with it, TOUGH SHIT!!!!!

Pacopete4
09-01-2008, 10:03 AM

No.... cuz people like you keep disrespecting the best thing the Packers ever have had...WE have the right to say what we feel about Favre. You have a problem with it, TOUGH SHIT!!!!!

just like we have the right to be upset about it too... just because we dont agree doesn't make you right and it sure as hell shouldnt allow you to group us into some bad group on these boards... there are just as many who are pissed off about it as there are like you who think its the best thing... so quit thinking your shit dont stink... thanks

mraynrand
09-01-2008, 10:12 AM

just like we have the right to be upset about it too... just because we dont agree doesn't make you right and it sure as hell shouldnt allow you to group us into some bad group on these boards... there are just as many who are pissed off about it as there are like you who think its the best thing... so quit thinking your shit dont stink... thanks

OMG!

mmmdk
09-01-2008, 10:20 AM
I am a watermelon...stop ignoring me! :whaa:

Zool
09-01-2008, 10:20 AM
Look I thought we had this conversation about shutting the fuck up with all this bickering. If I have to start taking action I will. You're driving people away from the forum with all this shit, and I'm not going to let it continue.

mmmdk
09-01-2008, 10:22 AM
Look I thought we had this conversation about shutting the fuck up with all this bickering. If I have to start taking action I will. You're driving people away from the forum with all this shit, and I'm not going to let it continue.

Finally :hug:

mraynrand
09-01-2008, 10:23 AM

WORD!

Partial
09-01-2008, 10:24 AM
lol at rand and his out of control exclamation outbursts

MJZiggy
09-01-2008, 10:25 AM
Look I thought we had this conversation about shutting the fuck up with all this bickering. If I have to start taking action I will. You're driving people away from the forum with all this shit, and I'm not going to let it continue. :hrt: :clap:

Noodle
09-01-2008, 10:31 AM

Favre's attitude toward the younger qbs has always bugged me, given all the acclaim he gets for being a great leader and teammate.

He's gone, I'm not in the mood to pile on the guy, but I never respected that about him, especially in a league where showing the new guy the ropes is just the way it is supposed to be done.

mmmdk
09-01-2008, 10:31 AM
Look I thought we had this conversation about shutting the fuck up with all this bickering. If I have to start taking action I will. You're driving people away from the forum with all this shit, and I'm not going to let it continue. :hrt: :clap:

Say it with emoticons: :jig:

RashanGary
09-01-2008, 10:33 AM
Nobody is bickering. We're just tired of all the name calling and aggression.

MJZiggy
09-01-2008, 10:33 AM
Shut up. You're bickering.

mmmdk
09-01-2008, 10:38 AM
Who's getting banned? I'm confused! :shock:

RashanGary
09-01-2008, 10:39 AM
I didn't call one person a name. I didn't sarcasticly prod. I said plain and simply that I didn't like the name calling and called out the people who do it.

Scott Campbell
09-01-2008, 10:40 AM
If I have to start taking action I will.

I think a banning would help the ratings. If it has to be me, then so be it.

RashanGary
09-01-2008, 10:43 AM

Me. Mad banned me last week for telling GBR not to read the FAvre disappointment if it was bothersome. 20 other people have since said the same thing, even in this thread. The regulars do not like people who take issue with Brett and if you won't just shut up and go away when they gang up on you they will ban you.

I still look forward to seeing the people in my Fantasy Division 2. IT's my first team. I think I have a chance :)

RashanGary
09-01-2008, 10:43 AM
And nobody ever asked me to stop, or pin point what they didn't like. It's just boom, banned for life.

RashanGary
09-01-2008, 10:46 AM
My goodbye letteer from Mad:

This is the end of your time here. Have fun with the new account you make. When I find it's you I will delete it also. This forum doesnt need you as much as you need it.

Enjoy your last day bitch and if you want to confront me about this to my face I will be in GB on Oct 5th.

And say whats up to your "bro" for me.

I've never made a second account. I don't have any intention of hurting anyone. I have an opinion. I like to share it and when people try to stomp it out I take exception. I'm not here to stir shit with anyone, just don't like being told I can't have a certain stance on an issue.

pbmax
09-01-2008, 10:48 AM
Zool for President. I think we may have driven Patler away with all this nonsense. Not really sure as I don't know him and he might just have a life outside of this goofy place.

But with him gone there is a 400% better chance that I have completely misinterpreted league rules and the CBA. I need to be Patlerized.

Stop the slapping. Either meet somewhere near Hurley with guns drawn and reenact Hamilton vs. Burr or shut your pie hole.

Bring Patler back.

pbmax
09-01-2008, 10:51 AM
And my wish for respect on this topic is not directed at any one person (not JH, not anyone in particular). Everyone needs to practice some self restraint.

RashanGary
09-01-2008, 11:00 AM
And my wish for respect on this topic is not directed at any one person (not JH, not anyone in particular). Everyone needs to practice some self restraint.

I know I havn't been an angel, and I don't get bent out of shape by criticism. If this was directed at me in some way, I feel it was meant to help me, not stab me in the back. I don't assume the worst in people and I hope people don't assume the worst in me. I've been real. I've spoken my mind. I've put myself on the line and defended the poeople I believe do what is right (TT being the biggest). Do I make mistakes along the way? Hell yes.

Thanks to everyone who's slapped me around a bit and kept me in line by calling me out over the years. I've grown as a person and learned to let the things I disagree with roll off thanks to all of you.

RashanGary
09-01-2008, 11:11 AM
I'm the oldest brother. I've always defended my younger siblings (4 younger) and as such I have a tendency to want to defend the little guy. It's who I am. I've almost died by drowning when I stayed back while many of my friends swam to shore and left an 8 year old child in the middle of the lake with the life jackets sinking with the ship. I was underwater for a long time in very cold November UP water, but I'm a great swimmer and somehow provailed after I gave up, thinking it was over. I saved my little brother, who might have died of bee stings when I was 7 and he was three. He had bees from his head to toe, inside his cloths, on his face. He was just standing there, on a nest of hornets getting demolished. Along the way I got absolutely demolished by the bees as well and my other brothers and sisters ran away. It's the thing about myself, that when I go to be at night, I feel the best about. When people gang up on other people it bothers me. The older brother in me will always defend the little guy, and like I said, at one time I almost died doing it. I felt the peace of death and it was not that bad. This is nothing like that. I have a family and a lot to be thankfull for, but I've loved spending time here and will really really miss all of you. I just want people to know where I'm coming from and have a little backround so as not to assume the worst with my intentions.

Scott Campbell
09-01-2008, 11:11 AM
You broke down some nice football stuff, and had plenty of no nonsense football posts to go along with the periodic scuffles. And you put a lot more effort into than many do. I don't think anyone cares about losing somebody like Tank, because he never contributed anything on the football side. It was pure schtick. But it hurts losing a poster who makes very good football contributions.

You remind me a little bit of some neighbors we have. He puts her under a strict gag order at work parties, as you never can be sure what'll come flying out of her mouth. But she's free to talk all she likes with us, and with the rest of the neighbors. We think its funny.

Good luck.

digitaldean
09-01-2008, 11:25 AM

Thank you, PBMAX. My sentiments exactly.

There were times from some of these threads where I disagreed with some fellow Rats like Paco, Gex or 007. But if the vitriol got too deep, I just logged out and did something else. I'm all for debating a point, but to get into name calling undercuts your own points.

Saying everything that's on your mind, WITHOUT THINKING IT THROUGH, leads to problems that might not be repaired. That is one problem with some forums.

The end result might be a bit extreme, but I don't think we need this to go down to the JSONLINE path. I don't really think Mad or any moderator deep down WANTS to ban anyone.

Scott Campbell
09-01-2008, 11:26 AM
I don't really think Mad or any moderator deep down WANTS to ban anyone.

I think banning Tank would have been like an E Ticket ride.

Tarlam!
09-01-2008, 11:38 AM
See ya around JH. You made some good posts.

RashanGary
09-01-2008, 11:41 AM
And I don't think they want to ban me either. I think they feel forced to based on how they see what went down.

They seem to see people defending Favre as good hearted, loyal people who are hurt and might use some harsh language but are coming from a good spot.

They seem see people who defend TT as cold hearted trouble makers who want to rub in Favre leaving. They seem to think they are causing all the trouble by talking about how bad Favre is acting when in reality they are just disappointed in what went down and relate well to what TT is trying to do.

Go to any Packer forum right now. There are Favre portions or Favre threads and all of them are heated. That's the state of Packer nation right now. They think they're putting an end to something that is hurting the forum, but by telling people who disagree with FAvre to shut up, I don't think they're helping at all. I think the best thing is to avoid the threads you don't like and stick to the ones you do like. I havn't gone into the Brett the Jet thread for a long time. Why? IT's the same old people who don't post Packer topics talking about the same old shit. I could care less to read it, will probably disagree with it, but know i have no control over thinking that I think is just wrong headed. Who cares though? I don't. YOu all have control over what you open and what you don't. Why can't poeple have accountablity for their own happyness instead of relying on moderators or leadership to fix it for them? Why do moderators feel they have to fix people who don't like Favre's actions. It's just craziness and IMO it's being dealt with in a very wrong way.

mission
09-01-2008, 11:44 AM
Some of you guys act like this isn't the internet?

This is like the nicest forum I've ever been involved in. Grow some skin.

JH, stop being a silly fag and get back to work.

:D

Zool
09-01-2008, 11:45 AM
They seem to see people defending Favre as good hearted, loyal people who are hurt and might use some harsh language but are coming from a good spot.

They seem see people who defend TT as cold hearted trouble makers who want to rub in Favre leaving. They seem to think they are causing all the trouble by talking about how bad Favre is acting when in reality they are just disappointed in what went down and relate well to what TT is trying to do.

Your opinion is very skewed on both of these points. I dont give 2 shits where you come from on the issue, but the infighting, bickering and all out assholery is going to stop.

RashanGary
09-01-2008, 11:46 AM
See ya around JH. You made some good posts.

:) Thanks. I never thought I'd get a kind word from you with the way things have gone :)

Thanks for defending me way way way back when at JS too. There was a time when I had no support at all and was one of the crazies. I think that first impression has carried with me for a long time. You don't assume the worst in people and that is a pretty good trait. It says a lot about yoru intentions - what you think of others. People who assume good, I believe are usually good intentioned people. People who assume bad and vindictiveness I think tend to have that trait themselves so they assume it on others - hence much of the TT hatred.

mmmdk
09-01-2008, 11:48 AM
Some of you guys act like this isn't the internet?

This is like the nicest forum I've ever been involved in. Grow some skin.

JH, stop being a silly fag and get back to work.

:D

I agree; calm down JH - I don't hate or blow up at anyone on PR not even the ones I disagree with.

Feel my luv from beyond the grand big herring pond :D

mmmdk
09-01-2008, 11:50 AM
...I'm posting (today) way beyond my limit...I need help...MJ, you understand me - where are you? :lol:

RashanGary
09-01-2008, 11:57 AM

Your opinion is very skewed on both of these points. I dont give 2 shits where you come from on the issue, but the infighting, bickering and all out assholery is going to stop.

So why am I banned and not all of the favre lovers who are name calling and expressing severe bitterness to other posters? I didn't call a name. I didn't tell anyone to shut up, make a sarcastic stab in the back. I did call out the people who are doing it to people I consider friends (in a wierd internet way) and now I'm banned.

MJZiggy
09-01-2008, 11:59 AM
...I'm posting (today) way beyond my limit...I need help...MJ, you understand me - where are you? :lol:

Just trying my damndest to stay out of this. I'm just reading today, thanks.

Tarlam!
09-01-2008, 12:01 PM
So why am I banned (...)

Pssst, Nick, Mad doesn't ban on notice. :shock: He does it, or he doesn't. You are either gone, or you're here. :twisted: Mad has only ever banned Tank and I believe one other poster back in the very early days.

Just shut up and move along. 8-) don't drag it out.

MadtownPacker
09-01-2008, 12:03 PM

Me. Mad banned me last week for telling GBR not to read the FAvre disappointment if it was bothersome. 20 other people have since said the same thing, even in this thread. The regulars do not like people who take issue with Brett and if you won't just shut up and go away when they gang up on you they will ban you.I gave you a timeout like a fucking 3 yr old because I TRIED TALKING TO YOU VIA PM and you said "Ill CHILL". Then you got stupid drunk and where calling people idiots and balllickers and all that nice stuff you spew. Recall that night you claimed to be drunk and went on a tirade right? Or should we only bring things up that make you look like a victim?

So dont say you where banned because you werent otherwise you would not be able to post right now.

Dont try to say this is just a "Favre lover/hater" thing. Ask Packerblues about it where his attention whore shit got him.

mmmdk
09-01-2008, 12:04 PM

Time zone my a@@ - you're soooo Euro phobic!

How to get love here??? Nixon rocks? I'm clutching at straws dudes/dudettes.

MadtownPacker
09-01-2008, 12:05 PM
I didn't call one person a name. I didn't sarcasticly prod. I said plain and simply that I didn't like the name calling and called out the people who do it.I see I am on that list.

Try to find a post where I called someone an idiot or attacked them over this Favre mess. Cmon, show me if you can find one.

mmmdk
09-01-2008, 12:07 PM

OK, MJ.

I'm in my comedy mood though; maybe your way is the smarter way. Can't wait to see you plus others too on oct. 5th.

MadtownPacker
09-01-2008, 12:08 PM
My goodbye letteer from Mad:

This is the end of your time here. Have fun with the new account you make. When I find it's you I will delete it also. This forum doesnt need you as much as you need it.

Enjoy your last day bitch and if you want to confront me about this to my face I will be in GB on Oct 5th.

And say whats up to your "bro" for me.

I've never made a second account. I don't have any intention of hurting anyone. I have an opinion. I like to share it and when people try to stomp it out I take exception. I'm not here to stir shit with anyone, just don't like being told I can't have a certain stance on an issue.Classy.You must be related to Harlan. You do know that by posting this you are violating one of the FEW rules here?

You sure about the 2nd account?? Should we asked Bretsky to check it since you claim I am making it up?

GBRulz
09-01-2008, 12:12 PM
I didn't call one person a name. I didn't sarcasticly prod. I said plain and simply that I didn't like the name calling and called out the people who do it.I see I am on that list.

Try to find a post where I called someone an idiot or attacked them over this Favre mess. Cmon, show me if you can find one.

Apparently, stating your opinion on the matter automatically gets you labeled. I've never attacked anyone or called them a name, either.

TY Mad & Zool for trying to clean things up around here.

MadtownPacker
09-01-2008, 12:16 PM
I dont give 2 shits where you come from on the issue, but the infighting, bickering and all out assholery is going to stop.That sums it up right there for you all. JH thinks this had to do with his opinions but it doesnt. It has to do with the fact I have received several PMs from long and short time posters who are sickened by this. They have made the forum what it is and dont want to see the place go in the toilet. All that JH was asked was to let up. He said he would, he lied.

If it takes me looking like a bad guy or jerk for cutting off dead weight then so be it. I will sacrifice my reputation for the good of the forum any day.

RashanGary
09-01-2008, 12:32 PM
I dont give 2 shits where you come from on the issue, but the infighting, bickering and all out assholery is going to stop.That sums it up right there for you all. JH thinks this had to do with his opinions but it doesnt. It has to do with the fact I have received several PMs from long and short time posters who are sickened by this. They have made the forum what it is and dont want to see the place go in the toilet. All that JH was asked was to let up. He said he would, he lied.

If it takes me looking like a bad guy or jerk for cutting off dead weight then so be it. I will sacrifice my reputation for the good of the forum any day.

The one post I made was directed at the peoople who are name calling and telling others what they can and cannot post. Show me where I instigated any of the name calling and fighting that happened before I even showed up. I made a couple posts, none of which were personal insults at anyone and now I'm banned for infighting in the name of the good of the forum. Yeah right. It's because you can't control me and the weak minded people on this forum can't win a debate on ideas and words so they resort to "please ban him" rhetoric of a wimp who can't win his own fight. First they name call when they can't win, then they want it banned. Cowards.

RashanGary
09-01-2008, 12:36 PM
I'll go. I have no choice, but you feeding the "in the name of the good poeple of this forum" is a crock of shit. This is in the name of cowards not being able to win an arguement so crying to authority to bail them out.

YOu're a wimp. I give you credit for standing here and giving me a day to say my goodbyes but you're full of shit and the wimps whining about this are not people filled with strong ideas. They're the 3 or 4 posters in the Bret the Jet thread who don't post any packer topics anyway.

MadtownPacker
09-01-2008, 12:38 PM
The one post I made was directed at the peoople who are name calling and telling others what they can and cannot post. Show me where I instigated any of the name calling and fighting that happened before I even showed up. I made a couple posts, none of which were personal insults at anyone and now I'm banned for infighting in the name of the good of the forum. Yeah right. It's because you can't control me and the weak minded people on this forum can't win a debate on ideas and words so they resort to "please ban him" rhetoric of a wimp who can't win his own fight.
My name was in that post. Did I call names? Did I tell you what to post? Well did I fucking do it or not?????????????????

NO, I said stop with all the bickering because it is bringing the place down.

For the record technically I can control what you do here. I check a box and hit Submit. Thats all it take to shut yuou off so why have I not done it already? Why hasnt Retail or Zool done it? Think about what you are saying for once. If you really cared about this place like ytou try to claim you would realize all this petty bickering is not in the best interest of the forum.

MadtownPacker
09-01-2008, 12:44 PM
I'll go. I have no choice, but you feeding the "in the name of the good poeple of this forum" is a crock of shit. This is in the name of cowards not being able to win an arguement so crying to authority to bail them out.

YOu're a wimp. I give you credit for standing here and giving me a day to say my goodbyes but you're full of shit and the wimps whining about this are not people filled with strong ideas. They're the 3 or 4 posters in the Bret the Jet thread who don't post any packer topics anyway.Funny how you dont have a choice yet you are still posting. Funny thing is those arguing with you have not contscted me AT ALL. The posters not involved in the arguments are the ones PMing and if you think they are cowards that is on you.

Wimp huh? :lol: Yup, real tough guy you are calling woman bitches on a Internet forum. Go on with yo bad self babyboy.

RashanGary
09-01-2008, 12:47 PM
Well, whatever mad. I'm pissed off right now.

Whatever happens, happens but I am pissed that people go and complain and don't say a word to me about it and now I'm gone after the whole thread was a fricking mess before I even showed up.

And for the record, every packer forum is fighting about this shit. Go look around. This is the only one I contribute to, so obviously I"m not the sole personality bringing Packer nation down.

MadtownPacker
09-01-2008, 12:51 PM
Well, whatever mad. I'm pissed off right now.

Whatever happens, happens but I am pissed that people go and complain and don't say a word to me about it and now I'm gone after the whole thread was a fricking mess before I even showed up.Your pissed??? What about all the people who like to discuss football and now dont even show up because every thread turns into a Favre Wars battle.

Why cant you just show respect????? Is your generation really that lost?? I think fighting is healthy and enjoy it but not everyone feels this way. Quit being so selfish.

RashanGary
09-01-2008, 12:54 PM
Alright. I'm done. I'm hoping at some point you let me back (the day before the Viking game and community service if I can request action from the court) but it's out of my control right now and I"m about be say things I don't mean to people I don't hate.

I'm done. There is a beautiful day out there to be had.

MadtownPacker
09-01-2008, 12:58 PM
Alright. I'm done. I'm hoping at some point you let me back (the day before the Viking game and community service if I can request action from the court) but it's out of my control right now and I"m about be say things I don't mean to people I don't hate.

I'm done. There is a beautiful day out there to be had.There hasnt been any banning and if you just take the high road we can forget all this crap.

MJZiggy
09-01-2008, 01:02 PM
Harrell, you're not banned, you're here, but for the love of all that is good you're begging to be banned. I would not be at all upset if you get a good timeout. You say you're not inflammatory, but note that no one in the thread had said anything disrespectful to anyone when you made your post about "Favre lovers" attacking "Favre realists." Come on now. That defines incendiary.

All this fighting going on and people refuse to believe that it's costing contributing members of the forum, but let me ask you guys this? When was the last time any of you saw Patler? One of our most respectful and most knowledgeable posters and I haven't seen him since he was attacked by a poster over some insignificant point that I don't even recall.

Don't give me bullshit about thick skin. This has never been a forum that requires thick skin to post and I don't expect it should start to be that way now. We've always prided ourselves on the great discussions we have here, but all this BS is overshadowing the best parts of this forum.

bobblehead
09-01-2008, 01:06 PM
Wow, I opened this thread to see why red was so worked up in the RR and I see all this.

JH, as a friend, listen to what I have to say. I have agreed with you on most things football from the day I got on rats. You are a good poster when it comes to opinions and ideas..BUT, you and cpk imo have gotten a little carried away in telling the "favre apologists" what you really think. I'm not saying you started it, or that it is only your fault, but you have crossed the line of discussion a few times. I agree with your opinions on it, but again, no need to let too much emotion into it.

Now I'm not privy to all the PM's mad gets and I wouldn't tell him how to run his forum...he put the sweat and effort into making it, not me. I wouldn't be in favor of banning anyone, ignoring, yes, but not banning. But again, his forum and I respect his rules. I do think that just as many people on the other side have been just as annoying as you and cpk have, even more so imo, and I also don't ahve a clue if mad cracked down on them at all, not my business...or yours.

I think if I were you I would ignore the favre threads and continue to post opinions on practice squad or OL or anything else...I value your opinion. You will never convince the other side on favre any more than they will convince you. Who cares, in life we disagree sometimes and move on. Anyway, take a breather, drink some cold water, go for a run, whatever, and come back and be the same guy I enjoyed posting with before all the BF BS. I hope this coming from someone who usually agrees with you and enjoys your posts can be of value. Hope to see you around, no emotion involved.

BallHawk
09-01-2008, 01:09 PM
Harrell, you're not banned, you're here, but for the love of all that is good you're begging to be banned. I would not be at all upset if you get a good timeout. You say you're not inflammatory, but note that no one in the thread had said anything disrespectful to anyone when you made your post about "Favre lovers" attacking "Favre realists." Come on now. That defines incendiary.

All this fighting going on and people refuse to believe that it's costing contributing members of the forum, but let me ask you guys this? When was the last time any of you saw Patler? One of our most respectful and most knowledgeable posters and I haven't seen him since he was attacked by a poster over some insignificant point that I don't even recall.

Don't give me bullshit about thick skin. This has never been a forum that requires thick skin to post and I don't expect it should start to be that way now. We've always prided ourselves on the great discussions we have here, but all this BS is overshadowing the best parts of this forum.

QFT. Best post of the thread.

mmmdk
09-01-2008, 01:10 PM
Wow, I opened this thread to see why red was so worked up in the RR and I see all this.

JH, as a friend, listen to what I have to say. I have agreed with you on most things football from the day I got on rats. You are a good poster when it comes to opinions and ideas..BUT, you and cpk imo have gotten a little carried away in telling the "favre apologists" what you really think. I'm not saying you started it, or that it is only your fault, but you have crossed the line of discussion a few times. I agree with your opinions on it, but again, no need to let too much emotion into it.

Now I'm not privy to all the PM's mad gets and I wouldn't tell him how to run his forum...he put the sweat and effort into making it, not me. I wouldn't be in favor of banning anyone, ignoring, yes, but not banning. But again, his forum and I respect his rules. I do think that just as many people on the other side have been just as annoying as you and cpk have, even more so imo, and I also don't ahve a clue if mad cracked down on them at all, not my business...or yours.

I think if I were you I would ignore the favre threads and continue to post opinions on practice squad or OL or anything else...I value your opinion. You will never convince the other side on favre any more than they will convince you. Who cares, in life we disagree sometimes and move on. Anyway, take a breather, drink some cold water, go for a run, whatever, and come back and be the same guy I enjoyed posting with before all the BF BS. I hope this coming from someone who usually agrees with you and enjoys your posts can be of value. Hope to see you around, no emotion involved.

Another nice post; I'm getting soft. :D

BTW - how does one "go for a run"? Do you walk then run? I'm confused!

VegasPackFan
09-01-2008, 02:00 PM
JH,

I had to call you out on a previous thread where I thought that you were just plain disrespectful and mean-spirited. You apologized and toned it down.

You have posted so much on this subject - what original, new thought do you have left to impart on us? Do you think that we are all so dense that we wouldnt automatically know by now what your opinion is on the subject? I could probably write posts for you at this point. In other words, GIVE IT UP AND MOVE ON. We all know what you thnk, what your opinion is, and what you would say on the matter.

Enough is enough - I'm sure you could contribute on this forum on some other topic in a meaningful manner.

Scott Campbell
09-01-2008, 02:15 PM

I's had alls I can stands, I can't stands no more. :lol:

http://notfound1999.files.wordpress.com/2008/04/popeye.jpg

Scott Campbell
09-01-2008, 02:17 PM
Ever wonder what we'd be arguing about if the Favre issue hadn't come up this summer?

motife
09-01-2008, 03:31 PM
http://www.imeem.com/groups/ov_dajXb/music/ebVNbI4S/deva_premal_chidananda/

http://r4bid.net/i_rabbit/wp-content/uploads/2006/05/Avalokiteshvara.jpg

Zool
09-01-2008, 03:53 PM
Nothing more needs to be added but I'm going to anyways.

I didn't specifically say anyone or anything when I posted that this BS needs to stop, but you must have a guilty conscience to think I was calling you out. If I wanted to call you out specifically I would.

As Mad said, you're not banned or you wouldn't be posting. Its not like one of us has to put in some sort of request and the guy that processes the info is out for the holiday. This thread is a prime example of your attitude of late however as well as the attitude of some other posters here and its going to stop. When long time posters start PMing the mods and specifically Mad saying they are not going to be here anymore action will be taken.

For my part, any future reaction will not be done in the public side of the forum. It will be done with discretion as to keep the normal flow of the forum moving along.

Pretty much consider this whole thread as a request to calm everyone down and think before you type. Count to 10 or something. Maybe think to yourself "would I talk to my mother like this"? And no Skin I don't mean my mom, I meant each individuals own mother.

LEWCWA
09-01-2008, 03:59 PM

PR PR PR PR PR.

Sorry JH your just stoking the fire as always. My opinion on the matter is Favre should have stayed, but he didn't. Thats life. What upsets me here is the fact some people seem to think they own this place and can limit content. Favre is legitimate football/packer news. I do understand differing opinions on the Favre situation and accept them. Just don't tell me or anyone else what to post about. Don't like it,don't read it. Thing is you can't help yourself, just like a bunch of others. Favre is a hot topic, period. As demonstrated by this thread.....Don't censor me, cause I don't try to censor you or anyone else!

pbmax
09-01-2008, 04:01 PM
Logan Mankins.

Ever wonder what we'd be arguing about if the Favre issue hadn't come up this summer?

Rastak
09-01-2008, 04:01 PM
Nothing more needs to be added but I'm going to anyways.

I didn't specifically say anyone or anything when I posted that this BS needs to stop, but you must have a guilty conscience to think I was calling you out. If I wanted to call you out specifically I would.

As Mad said, you're not banned or you wouldn't be posting. Its not like one of us has to put in some sort of request and the guy that processes the info is out for the holiday. This thread is a prime example of your attitude of late however as well as the attitude of some other posters here and its going to stop. When long time posters start PMing the mods and specifically Mad saying they are not going to be here anymore action will be taken.

For my part, any future reaction will not be done in the public side of the forum. It will be done with discretion as to keep the normal flow of the forum moving along.

Pretty much consider this whole thread as a request to calm everyone down and think before you type. Count to 10 or something. Maybe think to yourself "would I talk to my mother like this"? And no Skin I don't mean my mom, I meant each individuals own mother.

LOL, nice post Zool.

I know people think it's cool and a-ok to be a dickhead on the internet. Try and act like you would when speaking to a person in person. I've met a several people in person on this forum and we were very cordial to each other. The way some people act here, you'd get your ass kicked in short order in the face to face world.

Me, I'm only a dickhead on the forum when I've had a couple too many....which does show that the internet doesn't exactly mirror real life....I'm usually cool when having a few too many.

LEWCWA
09-01-2008, 04:04 PM

lol...u go brett!

i fail to understand the favre bashn by "real" pack fans

these quotes are just funny to me

in ten years lets just compare tt and mm legacies to lord favre's...

I thought is was funny as hell too. When you think about it. What the hell would he want with that locker...TT just wanted it gone...

PackerTimer
09-01-2008, 04:39 PM
This sucks. I thought this was over and done. I wish he would just shut his mouth. The last few weeks were going pretty well and now he opens his mouth and everybody starts saying the same old shame old.

gex
09-01-2008, 04:57 PM

One more time........... :glug:

My heart is breaking for all of you who dislike TT. I would have more sympathy if your only reason for not liking someone you've never met was that he doesn't make the decisions you would like to see him make. I know it sucks that more often than not he's been right and you've been wrong.

For the Packers to be minus TT, they probably have to be pretty bad for at least two years. Are you hoping the Packers fail so they will fire the man you dislike without reason? Packer fans my ass.

I was thinking that over the top praise for tt and MM should be put on hold untill we all see the product on the field.........minus 1 hof QB.

Nobody knows how much Favre had to do with the success of this team. Really, if we start putting up losing records after Favre, then all this praise for how good tt is, is moot. If we keep winning and making the playoffs then he really is a genius & a great talent evaluater. Right?

Zool
09-01-2008, 04:59 PM
I'd say he's a pretty good talent evaluator overall, but the next 2-3 years should tell us his ability to pick out a QB. I'd say he's pretty savvy with WR's but not great with interior lineman prospects to this point.

GrnBay007
09-01-2008, 05:56 PM
Good luck to the Packers minus TT (I don't like him) and good luck to Brett Favre with the Jets.

For the Packers to be minus TT, they probably have to be pretty bad for at least two years. Are you hoping the Packers fail so they will fire the man you dislike without reason? Packer fans my ass.

Actually I didn't mean the Packers to be minus TT (not yet, at least) I agree we need to see what happens from here on out. Minus TT meant I will not wish him well is all. Guess it was worded a little poorly.

Partial
09-01-2008, 06:55 PM
I'd say he's a pretty good talent evaluator overall, but the next 2-3 years should tell us his ability to pick out a QB. I'd say he's pretty savvy with WR's but not great with interior lineman prospects to this point.

I actually don't think the OL guys get enough credit. Our OL was playing pretty damn good at the end of last year.

packers04
09-01-2008, 07:08 PM
gotta love this comment... "ted's not that great at picking o-linemen" yeah like hes even had the chance to draft top guys... its not like he has to pick from the creme of the crop, there is a draft order, and 31 other teams u know. its not like... I want him, Him and him. okay you other teams pick now. kinda makes me laugh. trust me, when there is a top guard or tackle worth taking when they pick in the 1st or 2nd round again, he'll have no problem pulling the trigger.

Partial
09-01-2008, 07:29 PM
He was implying the guard position has been in disarray since '05. It has, no doubt about it. I think at the end of last year we saw some solid play.

Sitton was evidently playing very well, well enough to get consideration to start. That implies to me they have at least 6 capable guys.

BallHawk
09-01-2008, 07:30 PM
Logan Mankins.

Tank's favorite player in the NFL outside of Joey Harrington. :lol:

Deputy Nutz
09-01-2008, 07:31 PM

We agree to disagree. I call a Favre realist someone who looks at the reality of the situation with sound reasoning and an open mind. To me, you are someone who uses their love for his idiol as the center piece of your persecution and betrayal theory. With that, you are what I call a Favre lover. It should be considered a badge of honor for your unwavoring loyalty. Wear it proudly.

Really? An open mind? You are so damn egotistical that you go an call yourself a Favre realist.

What the fuck is the difference if I support Favre over the Packers? Why can't I? Without being persecuted by jerk offs like you? See now I just called you a "jerk off". Funny thing is, I understand both sides, I just simply think the Packers would be. Or maybe you need some more time saving little kids in a pond?

I am not going to be a sally and delete or edit my post, I didn't realize all the drama that unfolded today and last night when I made my last post. I did call some people bitches. Sorry to upset any of you, but I am kept around here because three or four people find me a little bit entertaining. Thanks Tarlam!,

PackerTimer
09-01-2008, 07:32 PM
Good luck to the Packers minus TT (I don't like him) and good luck to Brett Favre with the Jets.

Actually I didn't mean the Packers to be minus TT (not yet, at least) I agree we need to see what happens from here on out. Minus TT meant I will not wish him well is all. Guess it was worded a little poorly.

I deleted my post. I know you and the others who agreed with it are Packer fans. My post was exactly the stuff that we don't need. My bad.

Deputy Nutz
09-01-2008, 07:38 PM
I'm the oldest brother. I've always defended my younger siblings (4 younger) and as such I have a tendency to want to defend the little guy. It's who I am. I've almost died by drowning when I stayed back while many of my friends swam to shore and left an 8 year old child in the middle of the lake with the life jackets sinking with the ship. I was underwater for a long time in very cold November UP water, but I'm a great swimmer and somehow provailed after I gave up, thinking it was over. I saved my little brother, who might have died of bee stings when I was 7 and he was three. He had bees from his head to toe, inside his cloths, on his face. He was just standing there, on a nest of hornets getting demolished. Along the way I got absolutely demolished by the bees as well and my other brothers and sisters ran away. It's the thing about myself, that when I go to be at night, I feel the best about. When people gang up on other people it bothers me. The older brother in me will always defend the little guy, and like I said, at one time I almost died doing it. I felt the peace of death and it was not that bad. This is nothing like that. I have a family and a lot to be thankfull for, but I've loved spending time here and will really really miss all of you. I just want people to know where I'm coming from and have a little backround so as not to assume the worst with my intentions.

This is fucking priceless. I wish it wasn't so long so I could make it into my signature. It is all way too good to just cut and paste some of it. I think I might frame it and put on my bathroom wall, so when I smell shit I can always remember JH fondly.

mraynrand
09-01-2008, 08:56 PM
Am I the only one who is aware of the irony that a thread about Brett talking again and saying unfavorable things about TT has become a thread with various Packerrats saying unfavorable things about each other? Maybe we could all go on 'Greta' or better yet, Gerry Springer. Somehow, I suspect we'll all end up on a couch in the offices of John Holmes, M.D. Ph.D.

MJZiggy
09-01-2008, 09:02 PM
No, you are not the only one.

Zool
09-01-2008, 10:34 PM
gotta love this comment... "ted's not that great at picking o-linemen" yeah like hes even had the chance to draft top guys... its not like he has to pick from the creme of the crop, there is a draft order, and 31 other teams u know. its not like... I want him, Him and him. okay you other teams pick now. kinda makes me laugh. trust me, when there is a top guard or tackle worth taking when they pick in the 1st or 2nd round again, he'll have no problem pulling the trigger.

This makes 0 sense. So according to this post the NFL if made of solely of 1st and 2nd round picks and everyone else is worthless? Was Jennings on the top of any draft boards? I do recall some clamoring about someone named Jackson or Bowe, or even Meachum in subsequent years. Hell he could have drafted Santonio Holmes in the 1st.

Fuck I could draft in the 1st round. Thats not what makes a good GM. A good GM finds Johnny Jolly in the 6th round. A good GM finds Brady Poppinga in the 4th and Terrance Murphy in the 2nd when he could have just as easily taken Chris Henry. The draft is 7 rounds not 2 and the good GM's make it count. Tedly is an excellent drafting GM IMO, but neither him nor anyone in the scouting organization has hit on any interior lineman prospects that WOW in 3 years. I'd say I have some solid footing in this argument. Mind you they have drafted 6 guards from 2005-2007.

I cant fault him for not taking Mankins in 2005 when Rodgers fell into his lap. I think Aaron will start for quite a few years in GB assuming he stays healthy, but think back to the 2005 FA invites and who started at G. Thats a big turd sammich and its taken 3 years to get to respectable.

vince
09-02-2008, 05:51 AM
Thompson drafted Steve Hutchinson, arguably the top guard in the league, in 2001 with the 17th pick while with Seattle.

mraynrand
09-02-2008, 06:57 AM
Thompson drafted Steve Hutchinson, arguably the top guard in the league, in 2001 with the 17th pick while with Seattle.

And he got Hass, and we got Reynolds. Man did we get punked on that deal. Payback for the Ahman steal perhaps.

To your point though - I bet TT could draft a decent lineman for the Pack in the first round. Unless he finds a better player at another position...

Zool
09-02-2008, 08:52 AM

And he got Hass, and we got Reynolds. Man did we get punked on that deal. Payback for the Ahman steal perhaps.

To your point though - I bet TT could draft a decent lineman for the Pack in the first round. Unless he finds a better player at another position...

I'd call Spitz a decent lineman. I'm hoping for a gem sometime in the next couple drafts.

prsnfoto
09-02-2008, 09:19 AM

He should probably quit talking to Brohm it ain't helping.

The Leaper
09-02-2008, 10:03 AM

What? Thompson USING a first round pick? Nah.

KYPack
09-02-2008, 11:13 AM

Ok, OK.

Why didn't you say you were from the UP in the first place?

NOW we know you are not deranged or a goof, you are just a yooper.

Try and not get so freakin' worked up. Yer gonna burn a bearing or something.

Harlan Huckleby
09-02-2008, 01:36 PM
What the fuck is the difference if I support Favre over the Packers? Why can't I? Without being persecuted by jerk offs like you?

Nutz, I think your posts on Favre have been very good all along, rightous anger with just a hint of asshole, both critical of Favre but pissed that he was let go. You had dignity.

But now that you have used the "P" word, I fear you have jumped the shark.

mmmdk
09-02-2008, 01:39 PM
What the fuck is the difference if I support Favre over the Packers? Why can't I? Without being persecuted by jerk offs like you?

Nutz, I think your posts on Favre have been very good all along, rightous anger with just a hint of asshole, both critical of Favre but pissed that he was let go. You had dignity.

But now that you have used the "P" word, I fear you have jumped the shark.

What do I know; I thought the "P" word was for "Prune"!?

mission
09-02-2008, 02:08 PM
Yeah that P word belongs on a soap opera or something. Quite the dramatic.

Yes, pot, kettle, black, I got it.

SkinBasket
09-07-2008, 09:51 AM
Maybe think to yourself "would I talk to my mother like this"? And no Skin I don't mean my mom, I meant each individuals own mother.

Shit, and I was just practicing my best heavy breathing internet voice.