PDA

View Full Version : "New Name" pro wide receiver

oregonpackfan
08-30-2008, 05:25 PM
Bengals WR Chad Johnson has reportedly changed his name to "Ocho Cinco."

When he played college ball at Oregon State, he was a physically gifted receiver while at the same time he was an egocentric, obnoxious, man-child. It appears the guy has not matured over the years.

Bengals WR Johnson reportedly changes name
sports-nfl-20080830-Bengals-Ocho.Cinco

Cincinnati Bengals quarterback Carson Palmer, left, reaches to pull Ocho Cin...
21 hours ago
Loading... Must Read?Thank YouYes 52

CINCINNATI (AP) — Maybe receiver Chad Johnson can go by the name that his head coach hates.

The Cincinnati Bengals receiver has legally changed his name to Chad Javon Ocho Cinco in Broward County, Fla., a switch that became official this week, according to several media reports. Johnson, who lives in Miami, didn't return a message left on his cell phone Friday night.

``It's something I don't think anyone has ever done before,'' he told the team's Web site. ``Have I ever had a reason for why I do what I do? I'm having fun.''

Two years ago, Johnson gave himself the moniker - a reference in Spanish to his No. 85 - and put it on the back of his uniform before a game. Quarterback Carson Palmer ripped it off before the kickoff. After the season, coach Marvin Lewis - who dislikes Johnson's attention-getting stunts - referred to the receiver as ``Ocho Psycho.''

Bengals spokesman Jack Brennan said the Bengals had no comment on the matter.

Johnson has been a concern for the Bengals this season. He unsuccessfully lobbied for a trade in the offseason, threatening to sit out if he didn't get his way. When the Bengals refused, he relented and showed up for minicamp, but complained that his right ankle was bothering him.

He had bone spurs removed from the ankle and was limited at the start of training camp. In the second preseason game, he landed awkwardly and temporarily dislocated his left shoulder. Johnson is wearing a harness and expects to play in the season opener against Baltimore.

The Associated Press
Loading... Must Read?Thank YouYes 52

* Email Story
* Discuss
* Print
* Digg
* Del.icio.us

SnakeLH2006
08-31-2008, 03:27 AM
Dude is one ignorant douchebag. He may have talent, but his coach said it best, "Psycho Cinco". Wouldn't want that dumbfuck determining wins on the Pack. WTF.

Lurker64
08-31-2008, 03:56 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it the case that "Ocho Cinco" is not the proper Spanish translation of "Eighty-Five"?

sepporepi
08-31-2008, 06:02 AM
Right, it should be

ochenta y cinco

mraynrand
08-31-2008, 09:00 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it the case that "Ocho Cinco" is not the proper Spanish translation of "Eighty-Five"?

Eight Five. He can't even get his own name right.

Iron Mike
08-31-2008, 09:40 AM
What's that new name again?? Culo Stinko?? :P

Fritz
08-31-2008, 10:00 AM
Still not in the class of, say, "HeHateMe."

Guiness
08-31-2008, 10:04 AM
So - he will actually have that on his jersery this year (as it is his name)???

Wow, Lewis is going to flip.

oregonpackfan
08-31-2008, 10:54 AM

Wow, Lewis is going to flip.

I don't know how Lewis has maintained his sanity with all the Bengals' players getting in trouble with the law, "me first" attitudes, etc.

Scott Campbell
08-31-2008, 10:58 AM
Marv knew those guys have baggage. He's brought it upon himself. Just when you think they might have finally figured it out, he brings Chris Henry back. I guess everyone deserves a 17th chance.

vince
08-31-2008, 11:01 AM
Lewis has made it clear publicly that the owner is the one who decided to bring back Chris Henry. He has spoken out against it.

texaspackerbacker
08-31-2008, 11:01 AM
No kidding? He eliminated his Johnson?

Scott Campbell
08-31-2008, 11:39 AM
Lewis has made it clear publicly that the owner is the one who decided to bring back Chris Henry. He has spoken out against it.

I didn't know that.

mmmdk
08-31-2008, 11:47 AM
Right, it should be

ochenta y cinco

Right...Chad is nutters but as a movie script differs from the adaptation of a book; 'ochenta y cinco' just doesn't sound right. Ocho Cinco is more 'Hollywood', it simply sounds better :lol: I'll give him that!

DonHutson
08-31-2008, 11:50 AM

I guess that was the whole point. Chad's not gonna let anyone tell him he can't make an ass of himself.

RashanGary
08-31-2008, 08:32 PM
If I ever wore some dudes jersey I would buy a that one. I might buy it if he wears that name on his regular season jersey.

bobblehead
08-31-2008, 11:09 PM
I think I will get a custom 85 bengals jersey...it will say Jack Off on the back.