PDA

View Full Version : Predict the Practice Squad

gbpackfan
08-30-2008, 06:23 PM
Here is my prediction. Based on former Packer players only.

1. LB Danny Lansanah
2. TE Joey Haynos
3. WR Brett Swain
4. WR Jake Allen
5. G Ryan Keenan
6. DT Alfred Malone
7. CB Joe Porter
8. FB Corey White

*I believe White can still be put on the PS.

SnakeLH2006
08-31-2008, 03:02 AM
Here is my prediction. Based on former Packer players only.

1. LB Danny Lansanah
2. TE Joey Haynos
3. WR Brett Swain
4. WR Jake Allen
5. G Ryan Keenan
6. DT Alfred Malone
7. CB Joe Porter
8. FB Corey White

*I believe White can still be put on the PS.

Deece list...but Malone and esp. White can't make it....Maone was on it last year....White is a vested vet....Only dudes who do not have 1 NFL year accrued yo. Cut Breno and put him on there. WTF?

Guiness
08-31-2008, 10:01 AM
I'll say what I did in the cut thread - I'd be surprised if you're half right. You're making the assumption we will get our PS from our own cuts. These guys might be deserving, because they showed something, but in the past part of our PS has been other team's castoffs. Basically auditioning guys.

I'd like to see T. Smith, but don't think he'll make it through waivers.

Fritz
08-31-2008, 10:19 AM
Yeah, the guys I always think they gotta have on the practice squad inevitably aren't even invited, and the PS gets filled by names I've never heard of in my life.

Bretsky
08-31-2008, 10:30 AM
I just hope we get Haynos

Scott Campbell
08-31-2008, 10:37 AM
Yeah, the guys I always think they gotta have on the practice squad inevitably aren't even invited, and the PS gets filled by names I've never heard of in my life.

In many (not all) cases the practice squad is treated like an audition. And you don't need to audition the guys you've been watching for months in camp.

vince
09-01-2008, 06:42 AM
The Packers have usually kept one slot for working out new prospects, and I'm surprised they didn't pick someone up to try out this year right away.

Nice picks gbpackfan. You only missed on Keenan v. Carvalho, and who would have put Wynn there when he was an early cut...