PDA

View Full Version : Fergy!!!

Joemailman
08-31-2008, 10:06 AM
Fergy is on the Vikings 53 man roster. In defiance of the vicious personal attacks by some posters here, Fergy endures. It is a triumph of the human spirit over the forces of darkness and doubt.

Fritz
08-31-2008, 10:07 AM
This is gonna be his breakout year! I just know it!

cpk1994
08-31-2008, 10:13 AM
No, its more like being the least smelly object on the pile of garbage known as the Vikings recieving corp.

Scott Campbell
08-31-2008, 10:41 AM
Fergy is on the Vikings 53 man roster. In defiance of the vicious personal attacks by some posters here, Fergy endures. It is a triumph of the human spirit over the forces of darkness and doubt.

On a related note, I think Bill Schroeder might have hung em up too early.

oregonpackfan
08-31-2008, 10:51 AM

The guy was just plagued with injuries with the Packers. Personally, I am just happy for the guy.

Bretsky
08-31-2008, 11:00 AM

The guy was just plagued with injuries with the Packers. Personally, I am just happy for the guy.

We were best off when he was hurt; when he was healthy he stunk

DonHutson
08-31-2008, 11:40 AM
If he spends any more time in purple he will seriously jeopardize his chance to follow in Schroeder's footsteps and retire as a Packer.

:roll:

Pugger
08-31-2008, 11:42 AM
Gee, that guy really puts fear in my heart.... :roll:

mraynrand
08-31-2008, 11:45 AM
Careful Packerrats! The Viking are going to be running the ball and running the ball. If there is one thing Ferguson can do, it's block in the run game. He's a fierce competitor and he's very strong. Packer d-backs better be ready. I'm serious.

DonHutson
08-31-2008, 11:53 AM
Careful Packerrats! The Viking are going to be running the ball and running the ball. If there is one thing Ferguson can do, it's block in the run game. He's a fierce competitor and he's very strong. Packer d-backs better be ready. I'm serious.

True, but likely he'll sprain his uvula in practice this week and shut it down for a good half season.

Zool
08-31-2008, 02:47 PM

True, but likely he'll sprain his uvula in practice this week and shut it down for a good half season.

Mulva?

pbmax
08-31-2008, 02:57 PM
Delores?

Mulva?

Harlan Huckleby
08-31-2008, 05:06 PM
he plays hard, he is good on special teams coverage. he'll probably hang in the NFL for at least two more concussions or years, whichever comes first.

Rastak
08-31-2008, 05:09 PM
he plays hard, he is good on special teams coverage. he'll probably hang in the NFL for at least two more concussions or years, whichever comes first.

Yup. I thought he'd be gone this year but the Vikings mostly run and he's a very good blocker. He had a ok catch for a TD in the preseason. The Vikings have a few younf recievers and I guess they decided to go with someone with some experience at #4, hardly a huge shock.

Partial
08-31-2008, 05:15 PM
How is Rice doing Ras? That guy scares me. Looks like he could be a big time star within a year imo.

Rastak
08-31-2008, 05:19 PM
How is Rice doing Ras? That guy scares me. Looks like he could be a big time star within a year imo.

He made a fricken amazing catch on the sideline I think in game 2 of the preseason, I was 100% sure he was out of bounds but he pulled it down and the replay showed he dragged a toe. That was something. He didn't play the final pre-season game as the Vikes held out all their starters and he was sick for a week with a virus in week 3 so he hasn't played as much as he should have. I'd say he's on track. He's not top 20 or anything but he's improving and could be quite a force in the future. I do love that pick.

Partial
08-31-2008, 05:21 PM
What about Peterson?

Rastak
08-31-2008, 05:25 PM
What about Peterson?

Looked extremely average but the Vikings didn't run too much, mainly worked on their pass game. In camp he dominated. I have a feeling they were holding alot of things back. I've read his blitz pickup skills are getting better so he may see the field on 3rd downs this season.

Tarlam!
09-01-2008, 01:40 AM
The thing about talking smack is "Karma is a Bitch". If Fergie is asked to do things he excels at, he will be fine.

I think the Vikings are the team to beat in the NFC this year.

It will be very interesting in Week 1 to see if the Packers have a functional DL that can contain AP. While we're at it, I am very concerned about our interior line.

I believe T-Jack will not stink up the place.

I never predict losses for the Packers, but I will say winning this would really raise my expectations for the entire season.

Jimx29
09-01-2008, 01:51 AM
Every time there are posts about the "sub-par" performance of Ferguson over the years, I can't help but to replay that hit that he took and how his play suffered ever since that hit. Kind of makes you wonder just how good he could of been sans that hit.

mission
09-01-2008, 02:13 AM
Every time there are posts about the "sub-par" performance of Ferguson over the years, I can't help but to replay that hit that he took and how his play suffered ever since that hit. Kind of makes you wonder just how good he could of been sans that hit.

Still not very good.

I honestly don't ever remember him even flashing a glimpse... really...

Pacopete4
09-01-2008, 02:26 AM

Still not very good.

Never watched the game where Brett Favre's father died then....... must be some Packer fan :roll:

channtheman
09-01-2008, 03:17 AM

Still not very good.

Never watched the game where Brett Favre's father died then....... must be some Packer fan :roll:

Wasn't that Walker's breakout game?

Lurker64
09-01-2008, 03:25 AM

Still not very good.

Ferguson had 3 catches for 85 yards and no TDs in that game. Those aren't embarrassing numbers, but it's not going to turn any heads.

He was the second leading receiver for us, but Favre did complete 22 passes for 399 yards, Walker had 4 receptions for 124 yards and 2 TDs, Driver had 3 catches for 78 yards and no TDs, and 12 different Packers caught the ball that night. It's not as though Robert Ferguson was even close to being the story of that game.

mission
09-01-2008, 04:26 AM

Still not very good.

No, missed that one. I'm 11 and, you know, a brand-new Packer fan. Could you fill me in?

You are so fucking retarded. It's beyond reasonable response.

Noodle
09-01-2008, 08:44 AM
I'm with you, Numb. It always amazed me how much people would hate on Fergy. The dude took a shot that would have killed damn near all of us and holds on to the ball. He did the GB proud, and he'll always have my respect for that.

Glad to see things are working out for him up in Minny. Hope he has two crap games this year, however.

Fritz
09-01-2008, 09:42 AM
What about Peterson?

Looked extremely average but the Vikings didn't run too much, mainly worked on their pass game. In camp he dominated. I have a feeling they were holding alot of things back. I've read his blitz pickup skills are getting better so he may see the field on 3rd downs this season.

Ras, about Aundrae Allison (sp?) - how's he look?

Zool
09-01-2008, 10:19 AM
I'm with you, Numb. It always amazed me how much people would hate on Fergy. The dude took a shot that would have killed damn near all of us and holds on to the ball. He did the GB proud, and he'll always have my respect for that.

Glad to see things are working out for him up in Minny. Hope he has two crap games this year, however.

His alligator arm INT was the straw that broke my back on Turd Ferguson. After that hit against the Jags, he just cant get that confidence back.

mmmdk
09-01-2008, 10:24 AM

His alligator arm INT was the straw that broke my back on Turd Ferguson. After that hit against the Jags, he just cant get that confidence back.

Watch out Fergy; Jags are back this season :shock:

Rastak
09-01-2008, 10:43 AM
What about Peterson?

Solid. I think he'll surprise alot of people this year.

Scott Campbell
09-01-2008, 10:47 AM
What about Peterson?

I've got the same question. My fantasy football WR depth is lacking, and all 3 Minny WR are still available, while the rest of the teams are pretty well picked over. Has a true #1 emerged. A leading candidate. Can Sidney Rice take the big 2nd year leap.

I took AP with my first pick.

Rastak
09-01-2008, 11:35 AM
What about Peterson?

I've got the same question. My fantasy football WR depth is lacking, and all 3 Minny WR are still available, while the rest of the teams are pretty well picked over. Has a true #1 emerged. A leading candidate. Can Sidney Rice take the big 2nd year leap.

If he's healthy I think so. If I were ranking them for fantasy football:

Rice
Wade
Allison
If in a 120 team league, Ferguson.

Rastak
09-01-2008, 11:37 AM
What about Peterson?

I hope you grabbed Taylor too. The way Peterson runs, he's probably gonna get dinged up and Taylor's a great stopgap. He got me into the playoffs last year in a money league with some big games.

HarveyWallbangers
Ummm... you better hope it's;

Berrian, Rice, Wade, Allison, Ferguson

Scott Campbell
What about Peterson?

If he's healthy I think so. If I were ranking them for fantasy football:

Rice
Wade
Allison
If in a 120 team league, Ferguson.

LOL - thanks Ras!

Where's Berrian on your list?

Rastak
09-01-2008, 11:38 AM
Ummm... you better hope it's;

Berrian, Rice, Wade, Allison, Ferguson

HA! Out of sight out of mind.

Definately
Berrian
Rice
Wade
Allison
And Ferguson if you have more than 100 teams in your league.

Scott Campbell
09-01-2008, 02:22 PM
I hope you grabbed Taylor too. The way Peterson runs, he's probably gonna get dinged up and Taylor's a great stopgap. He got me into the playoffs last year in a money league with some big games.

I didn't get Taylor. I'm pretty deep at RB with AP, Grant and Portis. If somebody goes down I'll have to find somebody like last years Ryan Grant or Earnest Graham.