PDA

View Full Version : Write Your Storybook Ending For Brett

Scott Campbell
08-31-2008, 11:51 AM
Here's your chance to write the final act of Brett's football career as New York Jet. How do you want it to end for him now that he's no longer a Packer? Will he prosper with a fairy tail finish, or will he suffer miserably in a Greek tragedy?

DonHutson
08-31-2008, 11:54 AM
I would've written this ending:

THE END

Now he's on his own.

MadtownPacker
08-31-2008, 11:54 AM
Maybe you should just give everyone loaded hand guns and lock them all in a room together. The results would likely be less bloody than this thread.

mraynrand
08-31-2008, 11:58 AM
As long at the Packers don't make it to the Super Bowl, I hope Brett leads the Jets to two consecutive SuperBowl victories, with multiple wins over Brady and Belichick, Manning and the Colts in the regular season and the playoffs - and retires as the hands-down, undisputed greatest QB in professional sports history. If the Packers make it to the Superbowl and face the Jets, I hope the Jets lose, but Favre plays flawless football.

pbmax
08-31-2008, 12:00 PM
Super Bowl loss to the Packers. And on a scramble at Gillette Stadium in November, gets knocked out of bounds and concusses Belicheck and dislocates BB's knee.

MJZiggy
08-31-2008, 12:01 PM
Super Bowl loss to the Packers. And on a scramble at Gillette Stadium in November, gets knocked out of bounds and concusses Belicheck and dislocates BB's knee.

I'm on board with this one.

mraynrand
08-31-2008, 12:08 PM
Maybe you should just give everyone loaded hand guns and lock them all in a room together. The results would likely be less bloody than this thread.

http://digitaldaily.allthingsd.com/files/2007/07/reservoir-dogs-mexican-standoff.jpg

swede
08-31-2008, 12:31 PM

http://digitaldaily.allthingsd.com/files/2007/07/reservoir-dogs-mexican-standoff.jpg

Is that from Reservoir Dogs or the DNC executive committee meeting?

Lurker64
08-31-2008, 12:36 PM

As am I. Please make this happen.

Scott Campbell
08-31-2008, 01:01 PM
My ending includes him losing his starting job to Brett Ratliff in week 12, because the Jets are 1-10. Jets fans and the New York media are merciless. And then he makes an appearance on The View where he complains about Mangini not allowing him to compete openly for the starting job and asks for his outright release so he can join division rival New England Patriots, or maybe the Vikings.

When asked for his impression on this latest turn of events in the Brett Favre saga, Ted says "no comment". But posters on this board correctly point out that he had a sinister smile on his face when he said it.

Rastak
08-31-2008, 01:07 PM
He sets a new single season passing record shattering the old one, but because of poor defense the Jets miss the playoffs... :lol:

Scott Campbell
08-31-2008, 01:11 PM
Footnote:

Rodgers finally tires of all the Brett questions, and emboldened by his pro bowl passing numbers begins answering every one of these questions with "Brett who?".

oregonpackfan
08-31-2008, 01:37 PM
My storybook ending is Brett having a relatively good season with the Jets finishing 8-8 which is a 100% improvement from their previous 4-12 season.

After the season, Brett has a press conference stating he enjoyed the opportunity the Jets gave him. He also states if he had to do it over again, he would have stayed retired this spring.

Partial
08-31-2008, 01:39 PM
Jets - Packers super bowl, with Favre gutting it out, lowering his head, pounding a few guys, and scoring a game winning touchdowns on pure guts and determination. That would be great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lurker64
08-31-2008, 01:43 PM
Jets - Packers super bowl, with Favre gutting it out, lowering his head, pounding a few guys, and scoring a game winning touchdowns on pure guts and determination. That would be great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It would be great if the Packers lost the superbowl? Are you a Packer fan?

Scott Campbell
08-31-2008, 01:47 PM

Well, at lease we got to the Superbowl. I guess.

mraynrand
08-31-2008, 01:50 PM

You're not paying attention. If Favre wouldn't lower his head in 2004, what makes you think he will in 2008? And what the hell is wrong with you? Either you are just trying to be an annoying flea, or you are a traitor. Favre is not a Packer; no real Packer fan would want the Packers to lose a Superbowl. Again, what the hell is wrong with you?

Scott Campbell
08-31-2008, 01:50 PM

This thread has been the model of mutual respect among posters thus far.

Asshole.
:lol:

packinpatland
08-31-2008, 01:59 PM

Perfect....................send the script to Speilberg

packinpatland
08-31-2008, 02:05 PM
...........but could you make it a really close CLOSE game......not decided by an interception? :wink:

Bretsky
08-31-2008, 02:08 PM
I'm convinced Green Bay can be good for a while but will not get to the SB this year

So the Story Book ending would be Favre going out on top

MJZiggy
08-31-2008, 02:09 PM
B, Storybooks are fiction. You write 'em the way you want 'em.

mraynrand
08-31-2008, 02:11 PM

Mine was more like a collectors edition DVD with alternate endings.

Scott Campbell
08-31-2008, 02:11 PM

I think he did. :shock:

Bretsky
08-31-2008, 02:12 PM

OK, FICTION

TT gives the Dam Draft pick back to the J.E.T.S and welcomes Brett Favre back in a Packer Uniform.........LMAO

Favre starts the season by blowing out the Vikings

Favre takes Green Bay to the Super Bowl
Favre gets his fourth MVP of the NFL as a Packer

Favre and GB beats Payton Manning for the Championship
Favre wins the MVP of the Super Bowl

Favre comes back next year and repeats the above and goes out like Elway

There's your fiction :!: :!:

Partial
08-31-2008, 02:16 PM

Player > team. Yeah, it'd make for an extremely compelling story that would have the perfect ending if Favre beats his old team who decided he wasn't good enough anymore. Poetic Justice.

mraynrand
08-31-2008, 02:17 PM

OK, FICTION

TT gives the Dam Draft pick back to the J.E.T.S and welcomes Brett Favre back in a Packer Uniform.........LMAO

That one goes on the fantasy shelf.

Scott Campbell
08-31-2008, 02:28 PM

OK, FICTION

......and while deer hunting with Bus Cook just before Thanksgiving, they inadvertently bag Osama Bin Laden who is running a hidden terrorist camp near the UP border. As President Bush's final act in office, he declares the next 3 years to be "Brett Favre Day".

BallHawk
08-31-2008, 02:38 PM
Packers-Jets Super Bowl. Tie game, Favre's going for the winning drive and he's picked off by Aaron Rouse at the GB 5. Aaron Rodgers proceeds to lead the Packers on a 2-minute drive capped off by a jump ball TD catch by Ruvell Martin just as the clock strikes 0. Favre, although devastated, remains gracious and gives Aaron and all his former teammates big hugs. Aaron Rodgers is named Super Bowl MVP.

imscott72
08-31-2008, 02:41 PM

OK, FICTION

YES... :lol:

RashanGary
08-31-2008, 02:41 PM
I can't wait for week 2.

Scott Campbell
08-31-2008, 02:43 PM
Packers-Jets Super Bowl. Tie game, Favre's going for the winning drive and he's picked off by Aaron Rouse at the GB 5. Aaron Rodgers proceeds to lead the Packers on a 2-minute drive capped off by a jump ball TD catch by Ruvell Martin just as the clock strikes 0. Favre, although devastated, remains gracious and gives Aaron and all his former teammates big hugs. Aaron Rodgers is named Super Bowl MVP.

No MVP for Ruvell?

Pacopete4
08-31-2008, 03:03 PM
What I think should happen and hopefully will is Favre plays as long as he wants to and continues to have fun while he still looks and plays amazing and like a young man. I hope he ends up winning another SB and a MVP as well, but I really think the main thing I want to see is him just being him.. I think thats the main reason anyone has ever watched him to begin with

Lurker64
08-31-2008, 03:15 PM

Player > team. Yeah, it'd make for an extremely compelling story that would have the perfect ending if Favre beats his old team who decided he wasn't good enough anymore. Poetic Justice.

I just can't wrap my head around the "Player > Team" thing.

To me it's always been Team >>>>>>>>>>> Player.

The Gunshooter
08-31-2008, 05:36 PM
TT and MM defeat Greta/Favre in a PPV tag team smackdown. The under card is Deanna/Bus Cook vs. Rodgers/Mark Murphy.

Pugger
08-31-2008, 05:48 PM
The Jets struggle and are under 500 by midseason and all talk about BF ceases on all of the Packer forums online.

Packer fans discussing BF = :cat:

BallHawk
08-31-2008, 06:22 PM

No MVP for Ruvell?

I'm an enthusiastic fan of Ruvell, not freakin Robert John Bardo.

Gunakor
08-31-2008, 06:36 PM

It would be a compelling story. Spike Lee could do a documentary about it a few years down the road. But the ending isn't perfect. Not to Packer fans anyway. The only perfect ending to that scenario would be Green Bay laying the smack down and coming home with a 4th Lombardi Trophy. Because no player is ever bigger, greater, or more important than his team. Ever.

Besides, this wasn't about whether Favre was good enough anymore or not. It was about Favre walking away on his own, then throwing members of this organization under the bus, airing his dirty laundry on national television, and causing distraction to a team in the midst of preparing for a new season - all before he even had the sense to send in his reinstatement papers and show everyone that he was in fact committed to coming back. Nobody here is arguing that Favre isn't good enough anymore - at least not until January, where he hasn't been good enough for several years.

Zool
08-31-2008, 07:10 PM
Brett and Tedly shook hands, and they all lived happily ever after, and nothing was ever spoken about it to the press again.

The end.

8/31/2008

mmmdk
08-31-2008, 07:19 PM

Me too :lol:

pbmax
08-31-2008, 07:42 PM
Zool, one of the Brothers Grimm. Love your work!

Brett and Tedly shook hands, and they all lived happily ever after, and nothing was ever spoken about it to the press again.

The end.

8/31/2008

The Shadow
08-31-2008, 07:44 PM
Don't care.
The End.

Freak Out
08-31-2008, 07:51 PM

:lol: What...no injury to Moss as well? Or is he traded to the Jets?

cpk1994
08-31-2008, 09:22 PM
Don't care.
The End.I agree.

Scott Campbell
08-31-2008, 09:25 PM
Don't care.
The End.

As Tony Soprano used to say - he's dead to me.

Rastak
08-31-2008, 09:28 PM
Don't care.
The End.

As Tony Soprano used to say - he's dead to me.

For a fake dude he always scared me.... :lol:

Stevogbfan
08-31-2008, 09:56 PM
the jets play the pack in the superbowl, with 20 ticks on the clock and the score 21 to 21, favre throws an int to harris and he runs it back for the game winning score (kinda like the nfc game last year) favre retires rite on the field and and Wayne Larrivee screams out "and that's the dagger in brett favre" all will be good and the football gods will smile on green bay again!

he sc... on a side note,
you have this as a sig...

"I'll be sitting here posting in 2013 and TRUST this:

As long as Ted Thompson is the GM of the Green Bay Packers noone
here will enjoy a visit to the Super Bowl moreso a Lombardi Trophy."

if not for a favre int, they should have brought it home last year
i think tt and mm can do this, we'll see another superbowl for gb

Cheesehead Craig
08-31-2008, 10:28 PM
My wife thinks he's still hot. She has her own "happy ending" in mind.

Pacopete4
09-01-2008, 02:48 AM
Favre just keeps on trucking, adding to the records and winning even more games than he has including SB's while the Packers suck Andy Dick's cock and enter a remake of the 1970 and 1980's..... meanwhile TT gets egg rolls stuff up his ass and Packer fans realize that he actually would like something like that because he is a snaky queer....

Lurker64
09-01-2008, 03:15 AM
Favre just keeps on trucking, adding to the records and winning even more games than he has including SB's while the Packers suck Andy Dick's cock and enter a remake of the 1970 and 1980's..... meanwhile TT gets egg rolls stuff up his ass and Packer fans realize that he actually would like something like that because he is a snaky queer....

How is this anything like a storybook ending, ideal scenario, or anything other than a blatant troll?

I mean, seriously, the board doesn't need shit like this.

If you're a Packer fan, you don't say things like "In a perfect world, the Packers fail for the next 20 years", or rather people who say things like that are not Packer fans.

Stevogbfan
09-01-2008, 09:48 AM

How is this anything like a storybook ending, ideal scenario, or anything other than a blatant troll?

If you're a Packer fan, you don't say things like "In a perfect world, the Packers fail for the next 20 years", or rather people who say things like that are not Packer fans.

pacopete4 must be another misguided favre fan,
he thinks brett will win sb's as a jet when he couldn't
do it here for the past 10 years (mostly with sherman)

pete must be a queens fan

cpk1994
09-01-2008, 09:54 AM

pete must be a queens fanNo he is quite sijply a Favre loving troll. I won't even bother calling out the hypocrisy in his post.

Pacopete4
09-01-2008, 10:00 AM

haha I'm nether but its funny as hell to see you guys respond to that shit

pete must be a queens fanNo he is quite sijply a Favre loving troll. I won't even bother calling out the hypocrisy in his post.

Fritz
09-01-2008, 10:58 AM

haha I'm nether but its funny as hell to see you guys respond to that shit

I'm going to go on record as being really pissed off about this whole "queer" thing. WTF? All the research done on homosexuality suggests that one's sexual orientation is very much determined genetically - one's "choosing" has little i- and perhaps not anything - to do with it. (Think of it this way: how many people would choose a life of being discriminated against and made fun of?) people get to "choose" their sexual orientation the same way people get to "choose" their race.

In the same way it's NOT okay to criticize someone based on skin color, it's NOT okay to criticize someone's sexual orientation.

Blast away at TT - how he mishandled the Favre episode, how he's destroying the team. Go for it. But can you at least come up with intelligent reasons for it? Can you stop the third-grade name-calling?

BallHawk
09-01-2008, 11:04 AM

Sometimes you actually manage to be the biggest dick on this forum.