PDA

View Full Version : Happy Father's Day

GrnBay007
06-18-2006, 10:18 PM
Happy Father's Day Dads!! Little late....but hope you all had a terrific day!! :D

swede
06-18-2006, 11:17 PM
Thank you!

It's good to be a silverback. The kids made me french toast, ham, scrambled eggs and fried potatoes for breakfast.

Then, later, we hung out together in the basement for a while as a tornado swept by about 10 miles from here. Watched The Pink Panther together with the dogs and rabbits all running around with us and out of harm's way. Hilarious movie.

And thus I survived another Father's Day.

Anti-Polar Bear
06-18-2006, 11:53 PM
This thread is an insult to children everywhere whose father has deserted them. Marshall Mathers, aka Eminem, will tell you he has no father.

GrnBay007
06-18-2006, 11:59 PM
This thread is an insult to children everywhere whose father has deserted them. Marshall Mathers, aka Eminem, will tell you he has no father.

So because there are bums out there that can't stand up and be a Father, the good Dad's shouldn't be honored? Give me a break!

go write a song about TT or something.

-

Anti-Polar Bear
06-19-2006, 12:03 AM
So because there are bums out there that can't stand up and be a Father, the good Dad's shouldn't be honored? Give me a break!

go write a song about TT or something.

-

Hey, I was just thinking up a justifying excuse for not calling my father today.

Why don't you get up and make me a sandwich, woman.

Fosco33
06-19-2006, 12:13 AM
Thank you!

It's good to be a silverback. The kids made me french toast, ham, scrambled eggs and fried potatoes for breakfast.

Then, later, we hung out together in the basement for a while as a tornado swept by about 10 miles from here. Watched The Pink Panther together with the dogs and rabbits all running around with us and out of harm's way. Hilarious movie.

You must be really, really close to my hometown in Richfield/Jackson area - luckily no really damage except for the usual tree damage at the parent's home.

GrnBay007
06-19-2006, 12:15 AM
Hey, I was just thinking up a justifying excuse for not calling my father today.

There is no excuse. ....and sadly enough daddy is probably paying tuition.

:roll:

-

Anti-Polar Bear
06-19-2006, 12:34 AM

:roll:

That joke is timeless. I still laugh every time i hear it. As a liberal, i am no sexist and I love the women, especally if she's nice looking and willing, but that joke is just cool. I mean, it ask for the woman to make you a sandwich and make you a sandwich, as in i am not a sandwich until you conver my wiener with your bun. :lol:

MJZiggy
06-19-2006, 06:46 AM
Anyway, to the actual fathers out there, hope the day was great, filled with bad pancakes and tokens that made you smile.

Iron Mike
06-19-2006, 10:06 PM
Thanks, 007 and MJZ!!!! :oops:

Tony Oday
06-20-2006, 05:58 PM
I got golf and an AJ Hawk Jersery from my little guy. Hes only 13 weeks old SO Im guessing he had help.

MJZiggy
06-20-2006, 06:46 PM
His real present to you was not barfing on you all day.

(I love babies, but they're very messy people)

Packers4Ever
06-21-2006, 08:35 PM
Thank you!

You must be really, really close to my hometown in Richfield/Jackson area - luckily no really damage except for the usual tree damage at the parent's home.

You guys must be really close to where I live, Hartford, where the tornado occurred Sunday. We watched it (for a minute) heading right for us and when it got 2-3 blocks away it turned south, away from us. $4 million in damage, (100 homes, 10+ businesses and the middle school) No serious injuries.

Fosco33
06-21-2006, 09:28 PM
Thank you!

You guys must be really close to where I live, Hartford, where the tornado occurred Sunday. We watched it (for a minute) heading right for us and when it got 2-3 blocks away it turned south, away from us. $4 million in damage, (100 homes, 10+ businesses and the middle school) No serious injuries.

Yup - my parent's still live there west of the 41/45 interchange and south of 60. I remember playing bball in middle school at St. Kilian's tourney every year (I went to St. Boniface). My fondest memories of Hartford are either hanging out at the Mineshaft or having the game of my life as a frosh against Hartford's 'B-team' in football.

Glad to hear there weren't serious injuries and hopefully everyone will return to normal after the insurance kicks in.

Packers4Ever
06-21-2006, 09:53 PM
Thank you!

You must be really, really close to my hometown in Richfield/Jackson area - luckily no really damage except for the usual tree damage at the parent's
home.

Yup - my parent's still live there west of the 41/45 interchange and south of 60. I remember playing bball in middle school at St. Kilian's tourney every year (I went to St. Boniface). My fondest memories of Hartford are either hanging out at the Mineshaft or having the game of my life as a frosh against Hartford's 'B-team' in football.

Glad to hear there weren't serious injuries and hopefully everyone will return to normal after the insurance kicks in.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
I know all the places you mention. And the Mineshaft is still "the" place to be. :D What a small world, huh?