PDA

View Full Version : NFC East - Best division in football

Partial
08-31-2008, 11:38 PM
Man oh man, I am very, very glad the Packers are not in the NFC east.

I'm thinking the Eagles are going to return to their prominence with a finally healthy McNabb. I predict they end up representing the NFC in the super bowl yet again.

Andy Reid is a great coach, and they are a great team that will have a rough record because of such a monsterous division schedule.

Lurker64
08-31-2008, 11:52 PM
It's a good division, but I'd say the AFC South is better. Jacksonville and Indianapolis are both better than any team in the NFC East (and probably the entire NFC) and Tennessee about as good as teams like Washington and NYG. The Texans aren't there yet, but they're quickly improving. They'd definitely do better than 8-8 in a less-stacked division.

PaCkFan_n_MD
08-31-2008, 11:59 PM
It's a good division, but I'd say the AFC South is better.

I agree. I see the Gaints falling off a lot with the loss of both their starting DE's. That d-line was the back bone of the team.

Charles Woodson
09-01-2008, 12:11 AM
I'm thinking the Eagles are going to return to their prominence with a finally healthy McNabb. I predict they end up representing the NFC in the super bowl yet again.

You never cease to amaze. Just when i thought you set the bar for stupidest things said, you come again.
Dallas is going to take that division, and phili is going to have an awfully hard time getting in the post season.

Pacopete4
09-01-2008, 02:30 AM

You never cease to amaze. Just when i thought you set the bar for stupidest things said, you come again.
Dallas is going to take that division, and phili is going to have an awfully hard time getting in the post season.

Jeesh... I wouldn't be so hard on him... McNabb has proven to be a difference maker and Westrbook is the shit... my only thing is I cant wait to Kolb takes over and proves me right cuz I think he is a hellaaaaava good QB

mmmdk
09-01-2008, 08:31 AM
It's a good division, but I'd say the AFC South is better. Jacksonville and Indianapolis are both better than any team in the NFC East (and probably the entire NFC) and Tennessee about as good as teams like Washington and NYG. The Texans aren't there yet, but they're quickly improving. They'd definitely do better than 8-8 in a less-stacked division.

Yup, and Packers are playing them all; 9-7 in 2008 is a pretty good record in my book.

Zool
09-01-2008, 10:16 AM
P you said this same shit last year. Dallas was 13-3 and the Giants werent much above average till late. Do I have to revisit your NFCE manlove post of 2007?

Partial
09-01-2008, 10:17 AM
P you said this same shit last year. Dallas was 13-3 and the Giants werent much above average till late. Do I have to revisit your NFCE manlove post of 2007?

Go ahead. Best division in football. 3 teams in the post-season. 4 of the 6 best teams in the NFC. 4 of the best 10 teams in the NFL.

Eagles
Dallas
Washington
NY

pbmax
09-01-2008, 10:24 AM
McNabb may be healthy now, but his past suggests he won't stay that way, and Westbrook might not either.

NFCE has four of the best 10 teams? I'll give you Cowboys and Giants, but Washington is with a new head coach and the Eagles defense has deteriorated even with Asante.

Partial
09-01-2008, 10:24 AM
McNabb may be healthy now, but his past suggests he won't stay that way, and Westbrook might not either.

NFCE has four of the best 10 teams? I'll give you Cowboys and Giants, but Washington is with a new head coach and the Eagles defense has deteriorated even with Asante.

I like the Eagles, they're getting younger and should be pretty good this year. Washington has a good amount of talent.

Charles Woodson
09-01-2008, 11:25 AM
NFC east has 1 of the best 10 teams in football,
Top 10 teams
1. Patriots
2.San Diego
3.Colts
4. Dallas

In no particular order
5. GB
6.New orleans
7.Seattle
8.Pittsburg
9. Jacksonville
10.Tampa bay/Minnesota

I dont know where your learning all this crap partial, but theres no way that the NFC east has 4 of the best 10 teams in the nfl. The giants lost both there D-ends, which won them the superbowl. The redskins went through a coaching change, and the eagles lost their number 1 reciver for a little while.

Zool
09-01-2008, 11:41 AM

Go ahead. Best division in football. 3 teams in the post-season. 4 of the 6 best teams in the NFC. 4 of the best 10 teams in the NFL.

Eagles
Dallas
Washington
NY

If you mean NFC then I'll bite, but NFL. Thats pretty far out there P. What in the past 10 years has indicated that the Skins will do anything? The won their last 4 to finish 9-7 and the Giants were 10-6 after a 2-3 start. One more loss by the Skins and they have the same record as the Vikes and the Cards. Very average teams in an average conference.

Here take a look at their results from last season. Look who they beat, and you better not point to the Cowboys the last game of the season who had nothing to play for.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/teams/schedule?team=was&year=2007

mmmdk
09-01-2008, 11:51 AM

I like the Eagles, they're getting younger and should be pretty good this year. Washington has a good amount of talent.

Eagles are flying under the radar...no pun intended.

Partial
09-01-2008, 12:34 PM

Eagles
Dallas
Washington
NY

If you mean NFC then I'll bite, but NFL. Thats pretty far out there P. What in the past 10 years has indicated that the Skins will do anything? The won their last 4 to finish 9-7 and the Giants were 10-6 after a 2-3 start. One more loss by the Skins and they have the same record as the Vikes and the Cards. Very average teams in an average conference.

Here take a look at their results from last season. Look who they beat, and you better not point to the Cowboys the last game of the season who had nothing to play for.

I think the Skins are deceptively good. The records of the NFC east teams don't show up because they beat other up and split the series more often than not. I think Jason Campbell is going to be a good player, and they've got a good receiver in Moss, and a very good tight-end in whats-his-face. They've got solid lines on both sides of the ball, and two skilled running backs. I think last year was a big learning period for Campbell, but he's ready for the spotlight now!

Charles Woodson
09-01-2008, 01:37 PM

Eagles
Dallas
Washington
NY

I think the Skins are deceptively good. The records of the NFC east teams don't show up because they beat other up and split the series more often than not. I think Jason Campbell is going to be a good player, and they've got a good receiver in Moss, and a very good tight-end in whats-his-face. They've got solid lines on both sides of the ball, and two skilled running backs. I think last year was a big learning period for Campbell, but he's ready for the spotlight now!
The tight end you are referring to is Chris Cooley
On paper the redskins actually look pretty good, they had a decent draft in which they took 2 top notch receivers (Devin Thomas[Michigan state], and Malcolm Kelly[Oklahoma]) One problem that Campbell he didn't use his receivers to the best of his ability ( his first touchdown that he threw to a receiver was in week 8 i believe) Portis was a little sparatic last year, he ethier was hot (196 yd game) or he was really cold (36 yd game).
If the redskins play consistent, and don't have a lot of injuries then they could be the number 2 power in the East.

Partial
09-01-2008, 01:54 PM
See, I'm not crazy. They're alright. NY is the reigning SB champion. They'll be worse, but not bad. I think Eli finally has the swagger he needs. They'll be fine if he plays as well as he did in the playoffs.

The Eagles are always competitive. They've been the "New Packers" of the NFC since the Packers sort of declined in 2000. Reid consistently puts a team on the field that if healthy, has the talent to get to the championship game. Remember, they made it to the divisional round with a backup QB two years ago.

I think Dallas will be a regular season juggernaut again at 11-5, but they will fall early in the playoffs. They don't have the discipline and their coach leaves a lot to be desired. I think Garrett will be coaching them next year in their ultra dome.

The 4 top-10 might be a bit of a stretch, but I think by seasons end its certainly plausible. Lots of talent in this division.

Partial
09-28-2008, 09:24 PM
Best division in football. Hot damn.

gbgary
09-28-2008, 09:27 PM
NFC East - Best division in football

in the nfc...clearly. the other division winners in the nfc will win by default and get bounced. you might have a division winner with a losing record this year.

Partial
09-28-2008, 09:31 PM
unfortunately all 4 nfc east teams won't be in the playoffs. I wish we were in a competitive division.

Dabaddestbear
09-29-2008, 07:41 PM
unfortunately all 4 nfc east teams won't be in the playoffs. I wish we were in a competitive division.
You are. You will be competing with Detroit for the bottom spot real soon..lol :twisted:

Zool
09-29-2008, 09:57 PM
You are. You will be competing with Detroit for the bottom spot real soon..lol :twisted:

Are the Bears and Vikings folding up shop? Go draft a WR worth a shit and come back around.

Dabaddestbear
09-30-2008, 01:03 AM

Are the Bears and Vikings folding up shop? Go draft a WR worth a shit and come back around.
Well since we had 3 different ones catching TD's last week against one of the stingiest defenses last sunday I would say they will do for now, or better yet do good enough to end up with a better record than the Packers..lol.

MadtownPacker
09-30-2008, 02:26 AM
So why didnt we see you here last season Mr Know-it-all? Did your failed prediction of a bears superbowl devastate you so much you couldnt even show your furry lil face? Haha, takes a real big man to only show up when things are rosy for his team. At least bearman came by and ate his share of the crow. Yours starting rotting so we threw it out.

Zool
09-30-2008, 07:58 AM

Well since we had 3 different ones catching TD's last week against one of the stingiest defenses last sunday I would say they will do for now, or better yet do good enough to end up with a better record than the Packers..lol.

Firstly 8 IQ, the Packers, even with this shitty week, still have the same record as your muppets and have scored 15 more points. Second, one TD was by a TE, the second by a CB shifted to WR because the rest of your WR's suck ball sack on the corner after the game for $19.95, and the 3rd TD was by Marty Fucking Booker. A guy the Dolphins gave up on? Their WR core rivals yours.

Draft a WR worth a shit and come back around.

Partial
09-30-2008, 09:26 AM
To be fair, DBB could say "find a defense".

Zool
09-30-2008, 09:35 AM
You are the anti-homer P. You think everything about the team sucks. Its puzzling. The D is no good now?

Partial
09-30-2008, 09:36 AM
You are the anti-homer P. You think everything about the team sucks. Its puzzling. The D is no good now?

The run defense is LAST in the league. They need JustinHarrell badly.

Zool
09-30-2008, 09:38 AM
So now you make up stats? Not even last in the division.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/statistics?stat=teamrush&sort=ypg&pos=def&league=nfl&year=2008&season=2

Dabaddestbear
10-01-2008, 06:52 AM
So why didnt we see you here last season Mr Know-it-all? Did your failed prediction of a bears superbowl devastate you so much you couldnt even show your furry lil face? Haha, takes a real big man to only show up when things are rosy for his team. At least bearman came by and ate his share of the crow. Yours starting rotting so we threw it out.
Uh, I never predicted the Bears would win the SB last year. Wrong fan.
I eat crow when it is served, and I never leave no matter how bad it gets. My post count is consistent with anytime someone mentions the Bears on here I am sure to rear my ugly little head..lol.

PS. ..not MR. Know-it-all, but I am Mr. Know-more-than-you. :wink:

Dabaddestbear
10-01-2008, 06:59 AM

Firstly 8 IQ, the Packers, even with this shitty week, still have the same record as your muppets and have scored 15 more points. Second, one TD was by a TE, the second by a CB shifted to WR because the rest of your WR's suck ball sack on the corner after the game for $19.95, and the 3rd TD was by Marty Fucking Booker. A guy the Dolphins gave up on? Their WR core rivals yours.

Draft a WR worth a shit and come back around.
Hmm, let me see. The Packers won their only two game against The Detroit Lions and a Minny team that had a QB at the helm that issues with just completing a 5 yard pass..I would not brag about any success their buddy.

And what does it say about the Packers when the Bears can put up TD's with what you call "crappy" WR's against a tough Eagles defense, while you guys could never even get on top of a Tampa Bay team that only beat us by a strong comeback in the last 3 minutes of the game because of the Bears defensive melt down. I dont think a team cares who catches their TD's for them. as long as they are caught. :roll:

Zool
10-01-2008, 08:43 AM
As stated funbags, the Eagles D got absolutely rocked by the Cowboys. They arent that tough. If your team can pick up a blitz the Eagles are very beatable.

Bears gave up over 400 yards passing to Brian Griese? Those not-so-good Vikings almost beat the Colts that you apparently are taking pride in beating.

2-2 = 2-2 if im not mistaken.

Partial
10-01-2008, 01:34 PM
Dallas O is lights out, though. And their D is dynamite, remember, we couldn't into the red zone unless they made a rare turnover!

Eagles are a great team Zooly. Top 5 in the league when McNabb and Westbrook play.

Giants
Cowboys
Eagles
Redskins

Stacked!

Partial
10-01-2008, 01:35 PM

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/statistics?stat=teamrush&sort=ypg&pos=def&league=nfl&year=2008&season=2

I definitely heard on ESPN before last weeks game they were ranked last in the league against the run. Also heard it on Packers pre-game on 620.

Dabaddestbear
10-04-2008, 12:40 AM
As stated funbags, the Eagles D got absolutely rocked by the Cowboys. They arent that tough. If your team can pick up a blitz the Eagles are very beatable.

Bears gave up over 400 yards passing to Brian Griese? Those not-so-good Vikings almost beat the Colts that you apparently are taking pride in beating.

Eagles D getting rocked by the Cowboys? They have T.O. and a passing game that will rock anyone when they are clicking....(Ask the Packers, they saw it first hand..lol)
They gave up 400 because they could not run.
Almost NEVER shows up in a win lost column.
2-2 today. Lost two games in the last minutes of the fourth quarter. Those lapses can be corrected. Never having a lead in 2 games lost back to back is another story.

In about 3 more weeks one team will be shown to be on the steady rise, while the other will be looking to find ways to stop the skidding back down to the cellar.
:twisted:

th87
10-04-2008, 01:32 AM
Never having a lead in 2 games lost back to back is another story.

Who did that?

TheCheese
10-04-2008, 02:10 AM

Eagles D getting rocked by the Cowboys? They have T.O. and a passing game that will rock anyone when they are clicking....(Ask the Packers, they saw it first hand..lol)
2-2 today. Lost two games in the last minutes of the fourth quarter. Those lapses can be corrected. Never having a lead in 2 games lost back to back is another story.

In about 3 more weeks one team will be shown to be on the steady rise, while the other will be looking to find ways to stop the skidding back down to the cellar.

We led in both games you fuck. Get your damn stats right if your going to try to come on this board and stir some shit, be clever and accurate about it or get the fuck out of here.

Zool
10-04-2008, 03:08 AM

We led in both games you fuck. Get your damn stats right if your going to try to come on this board and stir some shit, be clever and accurate about it or get the fuck out of here.

Good luck with that cheese. Bears fans throw out worthless stats. Apparently a 2-2 team is far superior to a 2-2 team. Stats be damned. When the Vikes beat the bears in a couple weeks, it will be attributed to Gus Ferrotte the amazing HOF calibur QB who has been misunderstood by 6 other teams including the Vikes in 2003 and 2004. He keeps getting cut because his talent is beyond recognition.

He's no Kyle Orton, let me tell you.

Bretsky
10-04-2008, 09:31 AM

I definitely heard on ESPN before last weeks game they were ranked last in the league against the run. Also heard it on Packers pre-game on 620.

I don't think they were ever last; but they are bad

Charles Woodson
10-04-2008, 10:42 AM

:oops: looks like somebody got called on their bluff
And if you go look its not possible for us to be last in rush D because there are 3 teams below us that have played 1 less game than us Detroit has been on the bottum for the past few weeks

SnakeLH2006
10-05-2008, 12:53 AM

Good luck with that cheese. Bears fans throw out worthless stats. Apparently a 2-2 team is far superior to a 2-2 team. Stats be damned. When the Vikes beat the bears in a couple weeks, it will be attributed to Gus Ferrotte the amazing HOF calibur QB who has been misunderstood by 6 other teams including the Vikes in 2003 and 2004. He keeps getting cut because his talent is beyond recognition.

That is so damn true. I got a couple of redneck Bears fan buddies who claim the Bears have been superior for years, just lacking a good QB. Well, my boss is real dumbass fair weather Chicago fan who is a ChiSox and Bears fan (and Cubs when they win) so just a dumbfuck (who also lost $50 last year saying Grossman would have a better QB rating then Favre at the end of 2007...easy money from that bitch) saying Orton is the difference as he won't lose games. Last I checked I doubt any team in the league would give up a healthy QB starter for that shitpile of a ball-hander-offer to your rookie RB.

The newest Bear thing I've heard from several is Orton is a winner (meaning he is above .500 as a starter with good D teams) yet he will shift the power in the division. Granted if Arod is out, I'd rather have Orton as our starter than the shaky rooks we got, but hey at least we got playmakers with DD and esp. Jennings so maybe Flynn can throw up a lucky bomb. When the fuck was the last time the Bears had a QB, WR or TE as receiving or throwing threats go the Pro Bowl? What the fuck happened to G. Olsen? Where is he? Grossman don't count either as he was never a true Pro Bowler only a Bone Boweler.

http://larrybrownsports.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/08/rex-grossman-screwed.jpg[/b]

Partial
10-05-2008, 08:38 PM

:oops: looks like somebody got called on their bluff
And if you go look its not possible for us to be last in rush D because there are 3 teams below us that have played 1 less game than us Detroit has been on the bottum for the past few weeks

Not really. I said what I heard, and where I heard it. Regardless, one cannot deny how beyond awful the run defense has been.

Partial
10-05-2008, 08:39 PM
My iggles are last in the NFC East. This does not please me. That team is as good as anyone in the NFC and can beat anybody, any given sunday. They're certainly better than any NFC North, or West team.

Dabaddestbear
10-06-2008, 06:43 PM
My iggles are last in the NFC East. This does not please me. That team is as good as anyone in the NFC and can beat anybody, any given sunday. They're certainly better than any NFC North, or West team.
Well they didnt beat the Bears. :roll:
Or maybe you thought they played them in the preseason?

Dabaddestbear
10-06-2008, 06:47 PM

Who did that?
The Packers. ---But lets now make that three games. And I don't mean a lead for one possession, only to watch a team come right back and walk you down the field for another score.
Each game the Packers lost, they start off losing--- and lose. Comeback Favre is no longer in the equation for you guys.

Dabaddestbear
10-06-2008, 06:49 PM

Aww shut up and get your panties out a bunch. THEY LOST THEM ALL.
A lead that last for all of 4 minutes of the game means nothing. I dont have to stir things up on here, a 3 game losing streak has a way of doing that for me. :wink:

Dabaddestbear
10-06-2008, 06:51 PM

No, Kyle Orton knows how to win a game with less talented WR's...lol.

Zool
10-06-2008, 10:36 PM

Enough of your trollation. Last year you would have sworn that Berrian was the best WR in football if anyone asked.

Dabaddestbear
10-07-2008, 01:02 AM

Enough of your trollation. Last year you would have sworn that Berrian was the best WR in football if anyone asked.
Uh, I have never have and never will. Stop assuming what I would have said in the past instead of what I have always said.
I have always questioned the talent of the Bears WR. And I still do today until they become more consistent. Actually that is the only spot I give the Packers over the Bears is at the WR position.

Now back to the Facts.... :roll:

Scott Campbell
10-07-2008, 01:07 AM
.....I have always questioned the talent of the Bears WR............

Whoops. Caught again.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 11:20 pm Post subject:

http://www.packerrats.com/ratchat/viewtopic.php?p=155533&highlight=#155533

.................. and The WR corp is better and deeper than last year. ........

Dabaddestbear
10-07-2008, 01:21 AM

Whoops. Caught again.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 11:20 pm Post subject:

http://www.packerrats.com/ratchat/viewtopic.php?p=155533&highlight=#155533

.................. and The WR corp is better and deeper than last year. ........
Are you serious?lol-- I cant stop laughing at your attempts to debunk me on here.
I said they were better than the year before and deeper. NEVER have I ever said they were tops in anything. Just a better crop than the Bears WR's prior to the year before.
I love winning, especially when its against you. It's so easy. :D
Next! :roll:

Scott Campbell
10-07-2008, 01:39 AM
NEVER have I ever said they were tops in anything.

Is it that hard to read your own quote.

The boys home must have real high standards if they hire retards.

Dabaddestbear
10-07-2008, 01:51 AM
NEVER have I ever said they were tops in anything.

Is it that hard to read your own quote.

The boys home must have real high standards if they hire retards.
Better yet, the MPS system. Because thats where I work now. Yep, teaching young men and women on Sundays who to watch when you want to see a winner. You see they were all ready to all go and smoke crack after watching loss after loss, until I explained to them that they dont have to put up with watching such garbage play calling and defense. Just tune in to the Bears and then your Sundays could be a lot more brighter...
Now they are all drug free and happy. Due to the Bears recent wins.
So cheer for the Bears, they keep our kids off crack.
:D

Scott Campbell
10-07-2008, 01:59 AM
Yep, teaching young men and woman on Sundays who to watch win you want to see a winner.

God help em if you teach English.

Dabaddestbear
10-07-2008, 02:12 AM
Yep, teaching young men and woman on Sundays who to watch win you want to see a winner.

God help em if you teach English.\
Nice job of shifting letters. :roll:
But its ok.

Scott Campbell
10-07-2008, 02:15 AM

What a weasel. Can't you man up to anything? Don't you realize your edits get posted.

Last edited by Dabaddestbear on Tue Oct 07, 2008 1:09 am; edited 2 times in total

th87
10-07-2008, 02:15 AM

Who did that?
The Packers. ---But lets now make that three games. And I don't mean a lead for one possession, only to watch a team come right back and walk you down the field for another score.
Each game the Packers lost, they start off losing--- and lose. Comeback Favre is no longer in the equation for you guys.

Sorry homeboy. "Never having a lead" means never having a lead. And the Packers have had leads in those two games.

Of course you clearly know this, since you're hurting your legs by backpedaling and adding the "for one possession" loophole.

Just another inaccuracy in your bevy of inaccuracies.

th87
10-07-2008, 02:17 AM

What a weasel. Can't you man up to anything? Don't you realize your edits get posted.

Last edited by Dabaddestbear on Tue Oct 07, 2008 1:09 am; edited 2 times in total

Busted.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3N8Yar4NgI

Dabaddestbear
10-07-2008, 02:20 AM

Who did that?

Sorry homeboy. "Never having a lead" means never having a lead. And the Packers have had leads in those two games.

Of course you clearly know this, since you're hurting your legs by backpedaling and adding the "for one possession" loophole.

Just another inaccuracy in your bevy of inaccuracies.
Ha! Who cares about a loop hole. And I cant believe you took the bait to actually argue if they had the lead for a few minutes...lol.
THEY LOST! and not only that, they have LOST 3 STRAIGHT! That means that must learn how to win.
But like I have said in previous post, they have a good chance against Seattle cuz they just suck real bad this year and Hasselbeck has a bad knee making him a sitting duck if he cant be mobile against the DE's rushing off the ends.

Scott Campbell
10-07-2008, 02:23 AM

Busted.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3N8Yar4NgI

And I think it speaks volumes about his character - or lack thereof.

Scott Campbell
10-07-2008, 02:24 AM
Ha! Who cares about a loop hole.

Now you're finding out why they say - those who can, do...........

Zool
10-07-2008, 07:26 AM

.....Those who cant teach. And those who cant teach, teach in Illinois.

Dabaddestbear
10-07-2008, 11:33 AM

.....Those who cant teach. And those who cant teach, teach in Illinois.
Uh, I teach IN Milwaukee. :roll:

Zool
10-07-2008, 11:39 AM
No wonder P is like that. He's had Bears fans teaching him.

Dabaddestbear
10-07-2008, 11:50 AM
No wonder P is like that. He's had Bears fans teaching him.
lol....I do my best