PDA

View Full Version : NOW Marinelli Can Start

Fritz
09-01-2008, 09:58 AM
Below is a link to a Detroit News article on Rod Marinelli and the Lions. Basically it gives him a free pass for his first two years in Detroit, suggesting those teams weren't really "his" - that Matt Millen had too much personnel control in that first year and that offensive coordinator Mike Martz had too much say in the offense last year:

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080901/SPORTS0101/809010344/&imw=Y

I find it interesting that a guy who's supposed to be so tough and hardcore and all about accepting responsibility is being given a free pass because he didn't have control over personnel...or over the offense.. Uhh, doesn't the head coach choose his offensive and defensive coordinators? Oh, and by the way, Marinelli also fired his defensive coordinator along the way.

But NOW we'll see how good a coach Marinelli is, I guess. Unless everybody in Detroit can figure out who else to blame if they suck. Which, by the way, the writers in Detroit are all over the board about. I've heard everything from 10 - 6 to 6 - 10.

mraynrand
09-01-2008, 10:06 AM
And of course, Matt Millen gets away scot free! If he were a cat, he'd have used up 12 lives by now - so even by cat-standards, he should be dead. But the Fords just LOVE Millen. There's no logic too it - just like there's no logic to Germans loving David Hasselhoff.

mmmdk
09-01-2008, 10:16 AM
And of course, Matt Millen gets away scot free! If he were a cat, he'd have used up 12 lives by now - so even by cat-standards, he should be dead. But the Fords just LOVE Millen. There's no logic too it - just like there's no logic to Germans loving David Hasselhoff.

...all Nazis had hair like Hasselhoff underneath their helmets.

Fritz
09-01-2008, 10:59 AM
Come to think of it, Matt Millen and Bill Ford Jr. seem to have similar hair...

Rastak
09-01-2008, 11:33 AM
Below is a link to a Detroit News article on Rod Marinelli and the Lions. Basically it gives him a free pass for his first two years in Detroit, suggesting those teams weren't really "his" - that Matt Millen had too much personnel control in that first year and that offensive coordinator Mike Martz had too much say in the offense last year:

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080901/SPORTS0101/809010344/&imw=Y

I find it interesting that a guy who's supposed to be so tough and hardcore and all about accepting responsibility is being given a free pass because he didn't have control over personnel...or over the offense.. Uhh, doesn't the head coach choose his offensive and defensive coordinators? Oh, and by the way, Marinelli also fired his defensive coordinator along the way.

But NOW we'll see how good a coach Marinelli is, I guess. Unless everybody in Detroit can figure out who else to blame if they suck. Which, by the way, the writers in Detroit are all over the board about. I've heard everything from 10 - 6 to 6 - 10.

Not always. I've seen more that couple of cases where GM's or Owners force guys on Head Coaches. Kiffin in Oakland is a prime example. He was forced to have Ryan as his DC against his wishes.

Guiness
09-01-2008, 11:55 AM

You're on a roll, Raggedy Ann. Two funnies this morning. You drinking?

mmmdk
09-01-2008, 12:12 PM
Come to think of it, Matt Millen and Bill Ford Jr. seem to have similar hair...

...Nazis...? :shock:

sepporepi
09-01-2008, 01:50 PM
There's no logic too it - just like there's no logic to Germans loving David Hasselhoff.

I am german, but I never loved him.

Now I feel guilty:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ls_uzZV51fM