PDA

View Full Version : Question about DT's / Harrell / Depth

packers11
09-01-2008, 10:56 AM
I don't get how this went from the biggest strength last year to the biggest weakness. WE ONLY HAVE 3 ACTIVE DT's on the roster!!!

My question is. Why would management not keep someone like (Muir) and drop a scrub like Bush because he barley see the field anyway...

Having a deep rotation at DT was key last season, and helped the packers a lot late in the game. This season does not look good at the position with very little depth...

Any news on Harrell? Will he be back at full strength when he gets back???

When Harrell gets back do they have to cut someone from the 53 man roster?

Fritz
09-01-2008, 11:00 AM
I think the reasoning is that Bush is a more versatile player and has better skills as a safety/corner than Muir does at DT.

Personally, I don't agree with that assessment. But I think that's their reasoning.

CaliforniaCheez
09-01-2008, 11:12 AM
I don't get how this went from the biggest strength last year to the biggest weakness. WE ONLY HAVE 3 ACTIVE DT's on the roster!!!

My question is. Why would management not keep someone like (Muir) and drop a scrub like Bush because he barley see the field anyway...

Having a deep rotation at DT was key last season, and helped the packers a lot late in the game. This season does not look good at the position with very little depth...

Any news on Harrell? Will he be back at full strength when he gets back???

When Harrell gets back do they have to cut someone from the 53 man roster?

Additionally Jenkins and Montgomery play DT better than Muir plays DT.

packers11
09-01-2008, 11:17 AM
Additionally Jenkins and Montgomery play DT better than Muir plays DT.

I agree Jenkins is better than Muir at DT, but a year ago before injuries derailed him, Jenkins looked like a monster at DE opposite of Kampy... I'd like to see Jenkins back at end a lot more, and hopefully they can find a solid starter next to pickett...

Right now . I'd like to see.

1st and 2nd down : Jenkins Jolly Pickett Kampy
3rd down : KGB , Jenkins, Jolly, Kampy

I hope Harrell can bounce back, we will need him this season, because if anyone goes down at DT, the packers are screwed...

HarveyWallbangers
09-01-2008, 11:19 AM

Well, I think that is the plan.

Scott Campbell
09-01-2008, 11:22 AM
I'm guessing they were expecting Muir to take the next step this season, and he just didn't show what he had to. At that point you cut your losses and keep looking.

Ted's never been shy about turning over the bottom of the roster. And its much harder than usual to earn one of those backup spots this year.

bobblehead
09-01-2008, 11:27 AM

I'm thinking on third jenkins moves inside and we get hunter/monty outside with jolly resting. I also think we will see lots of different lineups in an effort to keep guys fresh.

texaspackerbacker
09-01-2008, 11:34 AM

Good analysis.

Since Harrell is not now part of the 53 man roster, if he comes back, yes, somebody does have to be cut or IRed.