PDA

View Full Version : The Cleft Crusty Ongoing Season Blog

Cleft Crusty
09-02-2008, 10:26 AM
Hi Folks,

For those of you who have been around these parts for a while you proabably know it is a tradition for Cleft Crusty to host a post game Q&A blog, where YOU, the inquiring fan, gets to ask all the crucially important questions about the game from a true expert -a man who has been around football his entire life. My credentials: 30+ years covering the Packers for the Milwaukee UrinalScented (even back when it was just the Milwaukee Urinal), a clip of self-righteousness, an ability to defend a GM like Matt Millen (if necessary), a willingness to insult know-nothing fans, a closet full of prescription meds for my various ailments, a love for authentic food, from authentic restaurants (not chain restaurants) - local mom and pop operations where stomach-eroding spices and food poison often skip happily hand-in-hand, and a working knowledge of all the ancient high school football stadiums throughout the midwest, gained from several thousand mile rides on my Harley, with wife in tow, swallowing various types of insects.

I thought it would be nice to start a blog, where you the fan can post questions and I can answer them. I received hundreds of PMs to start such a blog (in the interest of full disclosure, they were all from that guy mraynrand), so I thought I'd get things started. I'll still do the post game blogs, assuming I'm not in the hospital. But being semi-retired, I need this outlet - otherwise I'm going to have to clean the toilets for the wife - AGAIN.

MadtownPacker
09-02-2008, 10:45 AM
Hey Cleft - What do you think of Ryan getting the "boot". Get it "boot"? :lol:

Ballboy
09-02-2008, 10:49 AM
I'll bite:

The cutting of Ryan really confuses me. This guy was the 9th rated punter in the NFL last, and can run like the wind - as we've seen twice. Getting past the punting, my concern is two-fold:

1) With having a new long snapper with the old aged Davis hanging them up, wouldn't it be smart to have a constant punting the ball with the possibility of bad snaps?

2) From my memory, he never had problems holding for Crosby or Rayner for that matter. Now that is a huge question - new snapper, new holder!

I hope the offense can score, but our kicking needs to be strong...why make this move, why?

Cleft Crusty
09-02-2008, 10:53 AM

Don't give up your day job. What I found interesting is that the Redskins seemed to let Frost go for the same reason as the Packers. There is the Thompson quote about adapting to weather conditions - a definite reference to the game at Soldier Field. Also, Mike Stock, the ST coach seems to like Frost. But in the end, it's just a kicker. Kickers were created to annoy coaches. Be grateful the Packers have Thompson as GM, otherwise you could have ended up with both Ryan and Frost on the roster.

Cleft Crusty
09-02-2008, 10:58 AM
I hope the offense can score, but our kicking needs to be strong...why make this move, why?

Don't lose sleep over the kicker - only coaches are allowed to worry about this. Your first concern - about the offense scoring - will determine the outcome of the season. The Kicking game will only affect the amount of time you have to get a beer or go to the toilet during fourth down and commercials. By halftime of the first game, I predict you will lose interest in the punting and holding game and will be concentrating of emptying your bladder. I know that with my enlarged prostrate, I need that extra time to do a good job.

Spaulding
09-02-2008, 11:17 AM
Cleft, is Ryan Grant that much better than any other back on the Packers or did he benefit more-so from improved line play as the season wore on? Given we had little to no running game prior to his breakout I'd think the latter but then again BJack rushed for just over a hundred against the Lions towards the end of the season and otherwise looked to be improving as well.

Cleft Crusty
09-02-2008, 11:59 AM
Cleft, is Ryan Grant that much better than any other back on the Packers or did he benefit more-so from improved line play as the season wore on? Given we had little to no running game prior to his breakout I'd think the latter but then again BJack rushed for just over a hundred against the Lions towards the end of the season and otherwise looked to be improving as well.

Good question. I think Grant is significantly better - for the Packers scheme - at running the ball. The idea is to follow the blocks, find that hole, put your foot down and burst up there. Any shake, has to be effective, but minimal. Grant has all that. Jackson isn't the same type of runner as Grant. Lumpkin is better suited to the ZBS, but he has nowhere near the burst of Grant. Jackson is still very intriguing as a third down back and receiver; Grant may be less skilled receiving.

Maxie the Taxi
09-02-2008, 04:02 PM
I predict you will lose interest in the punting and holding game and will be concentrating of emptying your bladder. I know that with my enlarged prostrate, I need that extra time to do a good job.

Any shake, has to be effective, but minimal.

Crusty, I value your opinion in all areas, not just football. And since I'm very old and nearly retired myself, I have the same prostate problem you do. (By the way, that's prostate, not prostrate.) I made that same mistake once in the early sixties talking to a main squeeze of mine and it got me laid, but that's neither here nor there.

Anyway, I'm really wondering if Quote #2 above is related to football or to emptying your bladder?

swede
09-02-2008, 04:06 PM
I predict you will lose interest in the punting and holding game and will be concentrating of emptying your bladder. I know that with my enlarged prostrate, I need that extra time to do a good job.

...I'm really wondering if Quote #2 above is related to football or to emptying your bladder?

It'd be nice if your nose could teach your penis to sniff so you wouldn't have to stand there shaking it all day.

Cleft Crusty
09-02-2008, 04:35 PM

Crusty, I value your opinion in all areas, not just football. And since I'm very old and nearly retired myself, I have the same prostate problem you do. (By the way, that's prostate, not prostrate.) I made that same mistake once in the early sixties talking to a main squeeze of mine and it got me laid, but that's neither here nor there.

Anyway, I'm really wondering if Quote #2 above is related to football or to emptying your bladder?

You probably know the answer to your own question: There is only a fine line of separation between football and all other matters. If you are a good football fan - or like me, a good reporter who hates the game and is totally objective, but I still do my job - you will see all of life reflected in what happens on the gridiron.

And about Prostrate/Prostate. Clefty understands the difference - Prostrate is how Clefty lies on the ground, suffering from arrhythmia, before the beta-blockers take effect.

Cleft Crusty
09-02-2008, 04:37 PM

...I'm really wondering if Quote #2 above is related to football or to emptying your bladder?

It'd be nice if your nose could teach your penis to sniff so you wouldn't have to stand there shaking it all day.

Unfortunately, I have post-nasal drip from allergies. Unfortunately as well, 2000mg of benedryl doesn't help a dripping weasel, but is does convince your wife that you've passed on to your reward. Waking up in a funeral parlor is no fun, I can tell you that right now.

Rastak
09-02-2008, 05:14 PM

Be grateful the Packers have Thompson as GM, otherwise you could have ended up with both Ryan and Frost on the roster.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

boiga
09-02-2008, 08:36 PM
Is it just me or did Ted focus on improving special teams more than any other aspect of this team this offseason? Did Mike Stock gain greater influence on personnel decisions or what?

We kept three players on the roster : Bush, White, and Kuhn, who are special teams gamers but arguably worse at their position than three guys who were released: Culver, Hodge, and Herron. Also, we got rid of our power kicker to replace him with a finesse guy that Stock has had his eye on for over five years.

Did we always emphasize special teams this much in personnel decisions or is this something new? Our ST better kick ass, or this will really have been a wasted offseason.

gbgary
09-02-2008, 08:57 PM
cleft...you're killing me. http://images.corvetteforum.com/images/smilies/smilielol5.gif i can't really think of a question as i can hardly breathe and my eyes are full of tears. http://images.corvetteforum.com/images/smilies/smilielol5.gif i very much look forward to your writings. http://images.corvetteforum.com/images/smilies/smilielol5.gif

pbmax
09-02-2008, 09:42 PM
Someone get this man a publisher! :rs:

And about Prostrate/Prostate. Clefty understands the difference - Prostrate is how Clefty lies on the ground, suffering from arrhythmia, before the beta-blockers take effect.

Unfortunately, I have post-nasal drip from allergies. Unfortunately as well, 2000mg of benedryl doesn't help a dripping weasel, but is does convince your wife that you've passed on to your reward. Waking up in a funeral parlor is no fun, I can tell you that right now.

Gunakor
09-02-2008, 10:00 PM
Is it just me or did Ted focus on improving special teams more than any other aspect of this team this offseason? Did Mike Stock gain greater influence on personnel decisions or what?

We kept three players on the roster : Bush, White, and Kuhn, who are special teams gamers but arguably worse at their position than three guys who were released: Culver, Hodge, and Herron. Also, we got rid of our power kicker to replace him with a finesse guy that Stock has had his eye on for over five years.

Did we always emphasize special teams this much in personnel decisions or is this something new? Our ST better kick ass, or this will really have been a wasted offseason.

Well Kuhn is a backup fullback, a position that Herron can't play. If they felt confident that one of thier TE's could play fullback they might not keep 2 of them, but it was Lumpkin that pushed out Herron. The right choice IMO.

Hodge was just a numbers victim, as there were too many talented LB's for us to keep them all. White has been a ST's beast for a few years now, and since they kept a heavy hitting MLB in Bishop to back up Barnett they had more use for a ST'er like White than they do Hodge.

Bush I may have released, but the Packers didn't release a better player at his position to keep him. Culver would have been the emergency safety, just like Bush is going to be the emergency corner, so with thier value about equal on defense they kept the guy who offered bigger value in special teams.

Cleft Crusty
09-02-2008, 11:14 PM

Well Kuhn is a backup fullback, a position that Herron can't play. If they felt confident that one of thier TE's could play fullback they might not keep 2 of them, but it was Lumpkin that pushed out Herron. The right choice IMO.

Hodge was just a numbers victim, as there were too many talented LB's for us to keep them all. White has been a ST's beast for a few years now, and since they kept a heavy hitting MLB in Bishop to back up Barnett they had more use for a ST'er like White than they do Hodge.

Bush I may have released, but the Packers didn't release a better player at his position to keep him. Culver would have been the emergency safety, just like Bush is going to be the emergency corner, so with thier value about equal on defense they kept the guy who offered bigger value in special teams.

Guns, I have to say I agree with what you write, but don't tell my editor, or I'll be out of a job. Even though I'm semi-retired, I still need the 3.55 an hour in wages (not counting tips) that the UrinalScented sends my way. Just a note that Bush was worked at safety during camp and preseason games. It seemed to me that he could cover more ground than Culver - so in essence, he fills a roll as fifth corner and fifth safety - as well as being important on special teams. For Packer fans that have been around a while, I'd remind you of a Packr by the name of Marcus Wilson. He played very little at his actual position, but was great in coverage on special teams. And yes, Thompson is probably listening to Stock. That's a good quality in a GM, no?

Badgerinmaine
09-03-2008, 05:33 PM
Cleft:
When the moment is right... (to watch the Packers)...will you be ready? Or will your liver-spotted butt be stuck in a bathtub somewhere?
http://s3-external-1.amazonaws.com/wootdesigncontestentries/Josephus/Inspired_by_Little_Feats_Fat_Man_in_the_Bathtub-ixdq6w-d.jpg

Cleft Crusty
09-03-2008, 06:33 PM
Badgerinmaine,

I'm always ready, even if I have to take my IV bag with me. The bonus of being semi-retired is that if I want, I can watch the game on the tube like the rest of you know-nothing fans. I'm not even sure they will still let me in the stadium, let alone the press box anymore. In any case, if I go, I make sure to take my prescription meds with me. You know how some folks have their weekly meds distributed in those plastic cases with one section for each day of the week? Well, mine looks like a tackle box. But at least I have everything I need to last through an NFL game, even if it goes overtime.

MadtownPacker
09-03-2008, 08:27 PM
Cleft -What are your thought on Grant getting shown the money but now holding back on the honey? Is he playing week 1?

Badgerinmaine
09-03-2008, 08:40 PM
Badgerinmaine,

I'm always ready, even if I have to take my IV bag with me.

I'm just glad it's not a colostomy bag. Or do you have one of those, too?

You know how some folks have their weekly meds distributed in those plastic cases with one section for each day of the week? Well, mine looks like a tackle box.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I think I've seen it...
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3205/2529612724_61e22bbf6b.jpg

retailguy
09-03-2008, 08:48 PM
Fixed it for you badger.... that was a tough one!

edit - then you changed it! but whatever. I like that one too!

Badgerinmaine
09-03-2008, 08:49 PM
My bad--I'll bring the old one back...thanks for helping out!

Cleft Crusty
09-04-2008, 11:18 AM
Cleft -What are your thought on Grant getting shown the money but now holding back on the honey? Is he playing week 1?

Do you really think Grant was holding back by not playing in PRESEASON? Preseason! What the hell is wrong with you and other Packer fans who think they are somehow entitled to see real football in the preseason? Coaches are trying to fill out their roster and make decisions basically on positions at the bottom of the depth chart and trying to give valuable playing time to guys who need it. Grant doesn't need it. The last thing the Packers need is for their blue chip guys to get hurt 'giving the honey' in a meaningless game. Now if Grant looks like garbage in the regular season, get out your torches and pitchforks and head to Lambeau.

Maxie the Taxi
09-11-2008, 12:02 PM
Cleft, were you at M3's new conference yesterday? I wondered who asked Mike this question (I thought it was the dumbest question every asked):

(What do you think this week would have been like if Aaron hadn't played well?)
I haven't thought about that. You can have that one on your own. Hypothetical, right?

I was wondering the same about the question below asked the day before:

(Are you less concerned about Aaron going on the road now after everything he went through for this home opener?)
See, I apologize, because I don't think of that stuff like you people do. I didn't say that properly. I don't think that way. I don't worry about Aaron Rodgers' mindset based on everything that goes on outside the building. I'm aware of it. It's a secondary focus. Dealing with the media is a secondary focus. I don't want to insult anybody, but we're here to play football, and that's what we focus on. We have to deal with it. I shouldn't say deal with it, it's part of our job. Media access is great. We love being around everybody, and it's hunky-dory sometimes, not lately. It's important. But I understand the pressure that's trying to be applied to him, and we're going to have a day where the pressure may increase, and I'm aware of that and he's aware of it. But we just need to stay focused on what we can control.

Sounds to me like M3 told you guys in the press what for!

Cleft Crusty
09-11-2008, 12:35 PM
Maxi,

I don't think Mike McCarthy likes hypotheticals. Like I asked him before the Viking game: "Mike, if you win, will you have 5 meatball subs instead of the normal 4 after a loss." He just gives the standard answer: "Cleft, we try to prepare our meals the same way, eat the same way, sleep on the same side of the bed. Keep an even keel. Now I could give you a menu of what we have after a win and a loss, but that's not what we're focused on. We're focused on the team in front of us and fixing things that didn't work last week. Though I really like that Quiznos meat sauce."

Now, Clefty never approves of eating at a chain restaurant, but that's beside the point. It's my job to ask the questions that tell the fans what is going on in the heads of the players, and what they have in their stomachs and intestines on gameday. And I'll keep asking. That's my job - or at least it was.

Cleft Crusty
09-11-2009, 10:07 PM
Hi Folks,

Clefty is here to answer your questions about the season. Since Blogs and Twittering - or Tweeting seem to be all the rage, Crusty will try to pretend he has ADD or ADHD and write short, incomprehensible blurbs, filled with disinformation.

About Favre: Some folks think Favre isn't any good any longer. Probably true, but it's likely Favre has a few games left in him. Clefty bets Favre's best games will come against the Packers - if he survives that long.

Fritz
09-11-2009, 10:52 PM
Cleft, there's a thread that contains a raging debate on the role of the press in creating perception about the Green Bay Packers. Do you feel you've used your incredible powers responsibly over the years, or were you just meeting deadlines so you could get to your meatball sub?

Cleft Crusty
09-11-2009, 11:03 PM
Cleft, there's a thread that contains a raging debate on the role of the press in creating perception about the Green Bay Packers. Do you feel you've used your incredible powers responsibly over the years, or were you just meeting deadlines so you could get to your meatball sub?

Fritz, everyone has an ego - except maybe Kevin Federline. All reporters have a perspective and point to make, and some actually get emotionally involved in the outcome of games. Clefty is an oddball - I don't care one whit about the outcome of games. In fact, I pretty much hate watching games. I only care about doing my job better than every other chump earning minimum wage + tips. Crusty protects and supports his opinion, but only with facts and rational thought. Meatballs taste terrible when they were purchased with personal vendettas and out of control hubris. Still, I didn't mind giving Starr a tough time - he was a real vindictive bastard as coach.

Fritz
09-12-2009, 11:12 AM
Do tell, Crusty. I was a Packer fan back then but lived in Detroit so I never got to hear that. How was Starr a vindictive bastard as coach?

Cleft Crusty
09-24-2009, 09:20 AM
My erstwhile compatriot at the UrinalScented wrote in his evaluation of the Bengals loss:

"Judged purely by point spreads, this was the Packers' worst upset loss in eight years. A 9-point pick Sunday, the last time they fell as a larger favorite (10 1/2 points) was against Atlanta in November 2001."

Crusty has an observation that Mr. McGinn seemed to have overlooked. Remarkably, in both games a plyaer wearing the same number in the defensive backfield got knocked out. Sunday it was Nick Collins and on that blustery November day it was LeRoy Butler. Butler severely damaged his shoulder late in a fantastic career and would never again play at Lambeau - or anywhere else.

Fritz
09-24-2009, 01:13 PM
I feel like the gong of doom has been sounded with that last post, Cleft.

And how was Bart Starr a vindictive bastard, anyway? This Detroiter would like to hear that story.

chain_gang
09-24-2009, 09:43 PM
Cleft, Is our poor offensive line play in pass protection,the result of having smaller more athletic lineman for our ZBS? With Clifton's injury, our starting Tackles seem to be on the small/light side Colledge(308) and Babre(305). Whereas Clifton(320) and Tauscher(318) were about about the standard in the league. Both of the Tackles Colledge and Babre looked like they were just overpowered in the past 2 weeks. Would it be a better idea to have Rodgers rolling out more, like Denver did with their QB's for so many years?

sharpe1027
09-24-2009, 11:52 PM
Cleft,

First Question: What is it about LBer and FBs that make them such excellent special teams players?

Second Question: Why are our LBers and FBs lacking this important trait?

Cleft Crusty
09-25-2009, 09:43 AM
Cleft,

First Question: What is it about LBer and FBs that make them such excellent special teams players?

Second Question: Why are our LBers and FBs lacking this important trait?

Blocking and tackling, with speed and athleticism are the qualities for good teams players (other than gunners). LBs and FBs should have those skills. Discipline helps a lot too, and Clefty thinks that was in short supply last Sunday.

Cleft Crusty
09-25-2009, 09:51 AM
Cleft, Is our poor offensive line play in pass protection,the result of having smaller more athletic lineman for our ZBS? With Clifton's injury, our starting Tackles seem to be on the small/light side Colledge(308) and Babre(305). Whereas Clifton(320) and Tauscher(318) were about about the standard in the league. Both of the Tackles Colledge and Babre looked like they were just overpowered in the past 2 weeks. Would it be a better idea to have Rodgers rolling out more, like Denver did with their QB's for so many years?

At least at Tackle, the Size issue isn't as important as technique. Clifton has good technique and pretty good feet (movement), but he's getting up there in years. Colledge and Barbre - well, what kind of experience do they have? Another technique lineman have to have at the edges is the ability to get hands on the defender and punch him good in the chest and keep hands on him. Tauscher was really good at this. Barbre struggled mightily with that against Chicago, and Colledge against Cincy.

Rodgers may roll out more - not necessarily by scheme - but as part of running for his life. Clefty noted that at least one sack and some pressure was Rodger's fault in the Chicago game in that Rodgers could see the pressure coming from Barbre's side and didn't step up quickly enough. He improved on this in the Cincy game and was avoiding the rush from the right side of the line. However losing Clifton was too much - Rodgers basically turned into a piece of salami in a Bengal sandwich.

Cleft Crusty
09-25-2009, 09:55 AM
I feel like the gong of doom has been sounded with that last post, Cleft.

And how was Bart Starr a vindictive bastard, anyway? This Detroiter would like to hear that story.

I'll have to check my notes, but recollection tells me that Starr would cut off reporters who were critical in the press. Not answer questions, might have even cut off access to the locker room. I will check my notes on that last one - I don't want to be overly harsh towards Starr. But he was a terse man, temperamental man as coach. I suppose anyone would be if they lost that much, and made as many poor personnel decisions in the draft.

Here's a Clefty open question: How many GM's careers have been made or broken based on their decision at the QB position?

MichiganPackerFan
09-25-2009, 01:44 PM
Here's a Clefty open question: How many GM's careers have been made or broken based on their decision at the QB position?

All of them?

pbmax
09-25-2009, 02:04 PM

All of them?
At least Brian Billick got a Super Bowl trophy first.

Fritz
09-25-2009, 07:32 PM
So Thompson's fate is tied to Rodgers?

MichiganPackerFan
09-26-2009, 03:19 PM
So Thompson's fate is tied to Rodgers?

I would think so

Cleft Crusty
09-28-2009, 12:32 AM
HI Folks,

Sorry I missed the post game chat. Clefty dozed off before the game started and didn't wake up until Kurt Warner was running for his life in Arizona. But I recorded the game on my betamax.

A lot of wasted words will be written about the game coming up next Monday, and Clefty will probably write some of them. But before those words get written, Clefty has to tell Packer fans (remind them, that is) that they are very lucky to have a talent like Rodgers at QB. When you look across the Packer offense and ask which players actually change the game, Rodgers is the only guy. He's a blue chipper. Sure Driver can make a play here and there - so can Jennings. They are good pros. But Rodgers is a game changer. He throws an accurate deep ball, makes plays with his legs, and has an iron will self-control to not make the careless, killer interception. He might end up getting knocked around pretty good in Minnesota - their defense is that good and the Packer O-line is that bad. But Rodgers - along with Woodson on defense - are the two Great Players on the Packers and can turn a 7-9 or 8-8 team into an 11 win team that might have a shot at winning their division. It's exciting to watch, even for a Crusty old semi-retired reporter.

Harlan Huckleby
09-28-2009, 02:20 AM
But Rodgers - along with Woodson on defense - are the two Great Players on the Packers and can turn a 7-9 or 8-8 team into an 11 win team

they are obviously the two best players on the packers, but more realistically they can turn that 7-9 team into an 8-8 team. They can't fix problems at O-line and safety.

IF Clifton comes back before too long and Barbre gets better with experience, then maybe we can have a playoff year.

I too fell asleep watching the game.

Cleft Crusty
02-06-2011, 07:31 AM
Well Folks, the Packers Steelers Superbowl is upon us. Clefty has a couple of things to look for in the game:

1) The Steelers will test the Packer secondary early, trying to get their speedster Wallace lined up over Woodson. But it matters not who he lines up over - the Steelers want to give that deep shot a try - perhaps catch the rookie right away...

2) Much more likely: Steelers will go no-huddle every time the Packers trot out Green on running downs. The difficulty here is that the Steelers probably have to sacrifice a run blocker so that they can run three wide receiver sets, but that extra blocker is Spaeth, who is only a so-so run blocker. Make no mistake, Pittsburgh loves to pass the ball, and they can be much more effective if Green is in there trying to stop the run. With two weeks of prep, the Steelers have to know that the no-huddle is the one thing the Packer D has consistently struggled with, and while they aren't the best offense suited to run it, it may give them an edge and force the Packers out of their favorite run-stopping sets.

Harlan Huckleby
09-08-2011, 11:57 PM
Cleft,

What do you think about pro football games on late thursday nights? I know you are mostly a highschool ball fan now, and the late night interferes with your sleeping schedule as well as that of the young athletes.

Cleft Crusty
09-09-2011, 09:44 AM
Cleft,

What do you think about pro football games on late thursday nights? I know you are mostly a highschool ball fan now, and the late night interferes with your sleeping schedule as well as that of the young athletes.

Thanks for the question, Mr. Huckleby. It's nice to know someone cares enough to dredge up an old thread. Sort of like the orderly dredged me up this morning so I could relieve myself in that ice cold bedpan. Would it really knock them out to heat that thing up.

I can't say as I like the Thursday night games, as that is when my cardiovascular surgeon schedules his elective Medicaid procedures. I'm pretty sure this guy was a Packer fan, and I'm pretty sure he was watching the game while replacing one of my valves last night. The 'betadine' topical antiseptic had a Donatos' pizza sauce scent to it, I am certain.

I'm betting everyone in the Packer organization is grateful for the Thursday start, as they have a few extra days to recover for the next game. That 7 day grind is really tough on NFL players who toss their bodies around with total abandon.

Plus, NFL players really get excited for national games, especially at night. The entire country is watching, with the exception of some old dingbats tuning into "Hot in Cleveland." How exciting is that?

pbmax
09-09-2011, 09:50 AM
Funny thing I heard on the radio yesterday. Schlereth, who might have simply been trying to take the opposite tack from Golic, said O lineman hate Monday Night and nationally televised games since the only time they make the broadcast is for blowing a block or a penalty.

Cleft Crusty
09-09-2011, 10:01 AM
Funny thing I heard on the radio yesterday. Schlereth, who might have simply been trying to take the opposite tack from Golic, said O lineman hate Monday Night and nationally televised games since the only time they make the broadcast is for blowing a block or a penalty.

That is somewhat amusing...and telling. You can be sure that if Schlereth said that to Bob Golic, as opposed to Mike Golic, he would have been punched in the face. Schlereth may be the NFL's first metrosexual offensive lineman. I mean, man up there, fella! This is football. Plenty of announcers worth their salt will recognize good O-line play and point it out. Even Clefty heard Chris Collinsworth do just that last night - however, with the blood level of phenobarbital Clefty had in the recovery room, it's hard to be too certain. I'll have to check my betamax recording.

Fosco33
09-09-2011, 07:37 PM
What's your prediction for the G&G this year? Will they live up to hype and repeat?

HowardRoark
09-09-2011, 10:58 PM
That is somewhat amusing...and telling. You can be sure that if Schlereth said that to Bob Golic, as opposed to Mike Golic, he would have been punched in the face. Schlereth may be the NFL's first metrosexual offensive lineman. I mean, man up there, fella! This is football. Plenty of announcers worth their salt will recognize good O-line play and point it out. Even Clefty heard Chris Collinsworth do just that last night - however, with the blood level of phenobarbital Clefty had in the recovery room, it's hard to be too certain. I'll have to check my betamax recording.

Speaking of blood flow levels; have you seen that guy's daughters?

http://nyc.3432.voxcdn.com/wp-content/gallery/nyc/schlereth/alex-2.jpg

http://lonelytailgater.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/alex.jpg

http://a3.twimg.com/profile_images/1343997224/28317_10150168276540151_807090150_12372242_7913933 _n.jpg

mraynrand
09-10-2011, 09:46 AM

Don't Mess with Schlereth's daughters!

http://c0013589.cdn1.cloudfiles.rackspacecloud.com/x2_3eb12e3

Harlan Huckleby
09-18-2011, 06:35 PM
Cleft,

Did Cam Newton prove today that a black man can play QB in the NFL?

Why is it so easy to run screens against the Packer defense?

swede
09-18-2011, 08:07 PM
One thing that has been proved is that it is possible to throw for almost 900 yards in two games and still be 0 and 2. A lot of white guys haven't been able to do that.

Iron Mike
09-19-2011, 06:34 AM
One thing that has been proved is that it is possible to throw for almost 900 yards in two games and still be 0 and 2. A lot of white guys haven't been able to do that.

All sizzle. No steak.

pbmax
09-19-2011, 08:50 AM

Ken O'Brien would like to speak on behalf of losing capable white guys.

pbmax
09-19-2011, 08:51 AM

Going out on a limb here, but my guess is their looks come from the Mother's side.