PDA

View Full Version : Contract With America

HarveyWallbangers
09-02-2008, 01:33 PM
* I will be giving my unconditional support to the Green Bay Packers for the 2008 season.

* I will do my best to refrain from taking unnecessary shots at Brett Favre.

* I will do my best to refrain from taking unnecessary shots at Ted Thompson, and by extension, Aaron Rodgers.

* I will do my best to avoid getting dragged into confrontations that have to do with Brett Favre, Ted Thompson, and/or Aaron Rodgers.

* I will not expect any other Packer fan to root for or against Brett Favre and the New York Jets, that is their choice and has nothing to do with me.

* I will be giving my unconditional hate to the Chicago Bears and Minnesota Vikings.

HarveyWallbangers
09-02-2008, 01:33 PM
I'll be the first to sign.

HarveyWallbangers

Oscar
09-02-2008, 01:36 PM
I'll sign as well..

Jeffro66

Zool
09-02-2008, 01:42 PM
Sure why the hell not. Sign me up.

http://www.hatetheradio.com/image_files/americafuckyeahsm.jpg

mraynrand
09-02-2008, 02:08 PM
MrAynRand

Count me in. I promise that all my shots at Favre, Thompson, and Rodgers will be absolutely necessary.

oregonpackfan
09-02-2008, 02:25 PM
I support everything but the "may or may not root for Brett Favre and the Jets this Year."

I will not root for Brett Favre or the Jets. That does not mean I wish Brett or the Jets losses or bad things to happen to them. It just means they were a neutral team for me and they will remain a neutral team for me despite the fact that their starting QB is Brett Favre.

HarveyWallbangers
09-02-2008, 02:32 PM
I support everything but the "may or may not root for Brett Favre and the Jets this Year."

I will not root for Brett Favre or the Jets. That does not mean I wish Brett or the Jets losses or bad things to happen to them. It just means they were a neutral team for me and they will remain a neutral team for me despite the fact that their starting QB is Brett Favre.

It's optional, so you are good.

Freak Out
09-02-2008, 03:36 PM
Freak Out signs.

Harlan Huckleby
09-02-2008, 04:01 PM
I find it necessary to point out that TT is a fag, so I can't take the pledge.

MJZiggy
09-02-2008, 06:06 PM
Zig

I'm in.

BallHawk
09-02-2008, 06:07 PM
Ballhawk makes like John Hancock and signs.

Joemailman
09-02-2008, 06:09 PM
The Mailman is in.

packinpatland
09-02-2008, 06:19 PM
PIP is in......... if you include Detroit Lions in with the Bears and Vikings.

hoosier
09-02-2008, 07:08 PM
I hate consensus. Consider me a dissident.

Tyrone Bigguns
09-02-2008, 07:12 PM
How sad that Harv has to basically post what should be expected of any good, normal fan of the pack.

Joemailman
09-02-2008, 11:14 PM
I find it necessary to point out that TT is a fag, so I can't take the pledge.

Tank?

MadtownPacker
09-02-2008, 11:23 PM
If you guys are accepting minorities then count me in.

Lurker64
09-02-2008, 11:29 PM
Sign me up!

Do we have to say which side of the "will or will not root for the Jets" statement we land?

HarveyWallbangers
09-02-2008, 11:32 PM
Do we have to say which side of the "will or will not root for the Jets" statement we land?

Nope. Actually, part of the agreement is to try to keep that to yourself--as that would only foster bad blood between the warring factions.

Lurker64
09-02-2008, 11:37 PM

Nope. Actually, part of the agreement is to try to keep that to yourself--as that would only foster bad blood between the warring factions.

Ah, then it might be useful to include language in the initial statement as to "I will not expect any other Packer fan to root for or against Brett Favre and the New York Jets, that is their choice and has nothing to do with me."

HarveyWallbangers
09-02-2008, 11:39 PM
Changed.

digitaldean
09-03-2008, 12:03 AM
I, being of sound mind :lol: , do hereby agree to the aforementioned resolution.

BF4MVP
09-03-2008, 12:06 AM
BF4MVP

mission
09-03-2008, 12:11 AM
Ill sign. Been as guilty as anyone on some of those.

mission.

oregonpackfan
09-03-2008, 12:25 AM

Does that mean we have to accept the Irish as well? :)

pbmax
09-03-2008, 07:52 AM
Can I vote present? :lol:

No?! OK, fine.

pbmax

pbmax
09-03-2008, 07:54 AM
I don't know if I want to hang out with these two, but I will watch the DVD with OPF. And Mad too.

Does that mean we have to accept the Irish as well? :)

RashanGary
09-03-2008, 08:45 AM
JH,

In

Carolina_Packer
09-03-2008, 09:04 AM
Carolina_Packer

I'm in. I'm not one to cast aspersions anyway. I know next to nothing compared with Thompson and staff, and besides, he doesn't really care if we disagree on moves anyway. Go Rodgers and Pack...have a great season!

AtlPackFan
09-03-2008, 09:26 AM
Hallelujah. A voice of reason. Great Thread Harv!!!!

AtlPackFan. I'm in!

vince
09-03-2008, 10:13 AM
* I will do my best to avoid getting dragged into confrontations that have to do with Brett Favre, Ted Thompson, and/or Aaron Rodgers.
Healthy debate is OK, no? Pot shots and personal attacks are not...

If so, I'm in.

vince

dabootski
09-03-2008, 11:00 AM
signed.

Merlin
09-03-2008, 11:04 AM
I'm in.

I would like to offer the following amendment:

- I will do my best to refrain from taking unnecessary shots at other Packer Fans for their opinions and comments.

Merlin

SkinBasket
09-03-2008, 11:38 AM
The Skinbasket hereby pledges to yank his crank at any and all given and/or taken opportunities. Even those opportunities where Ted Thompson, Brett Favre, Aaron Rodgers, or any combination of the three may be present and/oor in the next room.

mmmdk
09-03-2008, 12:01 PM
Contract with America? What country are we invading now? :lol:

Ok, not funny for McCain followers I guess.

I'm in.

Badgerinmaine
09-03-2008, 12:31 PM
I can sign all of it but the last one. I may intensely dislike the Bears (okay, I certainly do), but I was raised both to be a Packers fan and not to hate anyone's sports team. I still am and still don't, respectively. The person who roots for my rival has a hell of a lot more in common with me than the person who doesn't give a damn, and life is too short for the hate. Besides, my brother's best friend played for the Vikings (and grew up down the street in Madison) and was great to me as a little kid. Plus, every single Vikings fan I knows roots for the Packers when it doesn't hurt the Vikes (including my colleague next door right now). So, root against them--sure, but I don't do hate.
Now if you'd put the Cowboys in there, I would be sorely tempted. :P

Pugger
09-03-2008, 12:31 PM
Count me in too!!! :cow:

Badgerinmaine
09-03-2008, 12:32 PM
I, being of sound mind :lol: , do hereby agree to the aforementioned resolution.

Can anybody who hangs out here regularly pass that proviso? :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

retailguy
09-03-2008, 12:32 PM

Denmark. We're voting today. The "happiest place in the world" just might have a storm blowing in... :P

esoxx
09-03-2008, 12:35 PM
Pipe dream.

retailguy
09-03-2008, 12:36 PM
Pipe dream.

cynic.

esoxx
09-03-2008, 12:39 PM
Pipe dream.

cynic.

realist.

mraynrand
09-03-2008, 12:42 PM
Pipe dream.

cynic.

realist.

Fatalist

esoxx
09-03-2008, 12:44 PM
Pipe dream.

cynic.

realist.

Fatalist

Realist

Gunakor
09-03-2008, 12:55 PM
Pipe dream.

cynic.

realist.

Fatalist

Realist

Then be a realistic Packer fan. Pledge your support for the Packers regardless who their QB or GM or HC or RG or LS or PK or KR is. Nobody knows how this thing is going to turn out, but everybody here should be 100% supportive of the guys who take the field wearing Green and Gold. They are out there working thier tails off to win ballgames, and that's all we as fans can ask of them.

As far as attacks against other posters, it starts with personal committment. The one who says it will never stop and then starts with the personal attacks anyway is the one who is keeping it from ending. You can't control what others say or do, but you can make that committment to yourself to end it. The more people make that committment to themselves the closer we will be to ridding this forum of personal attacks on other posters. Do your part, and make that committment.

Signed,
Gunakor

MadScientist
09-03-2008, 01:13 PM
I'm in on this, but what happens to this form if we're all being civil?

I suppose there's always the romper room for turning civil into civil war.

Lurker64
09-03-2008, 01:30 PM
I'm in on this, but what happens to this form if we're all being civil?

It means the arguments we get into and the potshots we take at each other are "funny" or "fun" instead of "irritating" or "polarizing."

I mean, if anybody remembers the great "Hawk vs. Super Mario" debate at JSO, there was plenty of clash there, but there wasn't much anger and there weren't really hurt feelings to speak of.

HarveyWallbangers
09-03-2008, 01:31 PM
Plus, every single Vikings fan I knows roots for the Packers when it doesn't hurt the Vikes (including my colleague next door right now).

You obviously don't live in Minnesota. You'd be hard-pressed to find somebody a Vikings fan that gives a damn and would ever root for the Packers. Not that there's anything wrong with that. Sounds like you need to move to the Twin Cities.
:D

KYPack
09-03-2008, 02:16 PM
Pipe dream.

cynic.

realist.

Fatalist

Realist

misanthropist

Badgerinmaine
09-03-2008, 03:31 PM
Plus, every single Vikings fan I knows roots for the Packers when it doesn't hurt the Vikes (including my colleague next door right now).

You obviously don't live in Minnesota. You'd be hard-pressed to find somebody a Vikings fan that gives a damn and would ever root for the Packers. Not that there's anything wrong with that. Sounds like you need to move to the Twin Cities.

Harv, I lived there for ten and a half years! 8-) I went to grad school at the U of M and often watched the Packers with my Viking-loving sister-in-law--who's one of the people I am talking about. (She's from East Grand Forks--girl can't help it...):P She still roots for the Packers when it doesn't hurt the Vikings, like when we're in the playoffs and they're not :mrgreen:
Now there is the time I got ice poured down my back for having the gall to root for the Brewers against the Twins at the Metrodome... ;-)

HarveyWallbangers
09-03-2008, 03:34 PM
Harv, I lived there for ten and a half years! 8-)

When was this, the 80s? I find this very hard to believe--if it was in the last 10-15 years.

Plus, every single Vikings fan I knows roots for the Packers when it doesn't hurt the Vikes

Badgerinmaine
09-03-2008, 03:37 PM
When was this, the 80s? I find this very hard to believe--if it was in the last 10-15 years.
1985-1995. I lived in Minneapolis, St. Paul and a few months in St. Cloud right out of grad school when I taught a semester at St. John's and St. Ben's. Still have brothers in St. Anthony and Woodbury, too. I used to listen to the Packers and Brewers on WEVR from River Falls--we called it Radio Free Wisconsin.

HarveyWallbangers
09-03-2008, 03:43 PM
I used to listen to the Packers and Brewers on WEVR from River Falls--we called it Radio Free Wisconsin.

"The best fans in Minnesota and Wisconsin listen to WEVR."

Charles Woodson
09-03-2008, 03:45 PM
Alright, alright i guess im in

Scott Campbell
09-03-2008, 03:45 PM
Can I sign a contract with PacoPete and the crew agreeing to continue this fight "until death"?

Scott Campbell
09-03-2008, 03:52 PM
Does this mean that "douchebag" won't be getting added to the spell check web database?

NewsBruin
09-03-2008, 03:56 PM
I'll sign, although I do reserve a smidgen of love for Mike Singletary.

Scott Campbell
09-03-2008, 04:01 PM
..........................although I do reserve a smidgen of love for Mike Singletary.

Heathen.

wpony
09-03-2008, 04:16 PM
i will sign it also its no different than i feel all the tike I cant beleive its coe to this having to sign a contract to be the way the packer fans have always been.

Badgerinmaine
09-03-2008, 04:57 PM
I used to listen to the Packers and Brewers on WEVR from River Falls--we called it Radio Free Wisconsin.

"The best fans in Minnesota and Wisconsin listen to WEVR."
Yup, and before that, it was "Your good neighbor in the friendly valley". There was also a station in New Richmond that had the Packers but not the Crew.

Spaulding
09-03-2008, 05:07 PM
In with Flynn.

Scott Campbell
09-03-2008, 05:25 PM
In with Flynn.

Oh great. We've already got a smartass starting a Flynn vs. Brohm war.

cpk1994
09-03-2008, 06:24 PM
Can I sign a contract with PacoPete and the crew agreeing to continue this fight "until death"?You really like lowering youself. :P

mmmdk
09-03-2008, 06:29 PM

Denmark. We're voting today. The "happiest place in the world" just might have a storm blowing in... :P

I can vote too; dual citizenship :D Hurray, I come in peace!

Joemailman
09-03-2008, 06:42 PM
i will sign it also its no different than i feel all the tike I cant beleive its coe to this having to sign a contract to be the way the packer fans have always been.

Can someone translate this for me?

falco
09-03-2008, 06:44 PM
this thread is stupid - everyone knows that contracts in the NFL are not guaranteed :P

mraynrand
09-03-2008, 06:45 PM
this thread is stupid - everyone knows that contracts in the NFL are not guaranteed :P

Good point. and I didn't get a signing bonus either.

falco
09-03-2008, 06:46 PM

time to get a new agent methinks

mraynrand
09-03-2008, 06:46 PM

time to get a new agent methinks

Drew Rosenpenis?

retailguy
09-03-2008, 07:14 PM

no

falco
09-03-2008, 07:15 PM

no

its like a woodbuck post without all the commas and carriage returns

MadtownPacker
09-03-2008, 07:47 PM
i will sign it also its no different than i feel all the time I cant believe its come to this having to sign a contract to be the way the packer fans have always been.

Can someone translate this for me?I only had to make 3 changes. Can you wannabe "proper" English speaking Nabiscos (glad that wasnt in the contract 8-) ) understand it now?

KYPack
09-03-2008, 08:00 PM
i will sign it also its no different than i feel all the time I cant believe its come to this having to sign a contract to be the way the packer fans have always been.

Can someone translate this for me?I only had to make 3 changes. Can you wannabe "proper" English speaking Nabiscos (glad that wasnt in the contract 8-) ) understand it now?

A cholo translates for the Gringos. God! what a country.

Ya gotta admit, "tike" and "Coe" made that passage a little murky.

retailguy
09-03-2008, 08:40 PM

showoff

mission
09-03-2008, 09:22 PM
yall got me crackin up... :lol:

falco, when ya on --- ya on!

DonHutson
09-03-2008, 09:33 PM
I will be giving my unconditional hate to the Chicago Bears and Minnesota Vikings.

Poor Lions. All they want is to be hated, too.

:cry:

By other teams' fans, that is.

wpony
09-03-2008, 10:15 PM
thanks Madtown for fixing it up so the gramer police nazis could understand it , thats one of the reasons I dont post more on this board with my disability the meds im on make it hard for me to always say what i am thinking

falco
09-03-2008, 10:30 PM
thanks Madtown for fixing it up so the gramer police nazis could understand it , thats one of the reasons I dont post more on this board with my disability the meds im on make it hard for me to always say what i am thinking

hey, i'm no grammar nazi, i don't believe in capitalization or punctation

just please don't use passive voice and we'll all be cool :x :x

MadtownPacker
09-04-2008, 12:10 AM
thanks Madtown for fixing it up so the gramer police nazis could understand it , thats one of the reasons I dont post more on this board with my disability the meds im on make it hard for me to always say what i am thinkingMan dont sweat it. These guys are all on meds or drugs or drinking something. Just throw it down and let it ride!!!

mission
09-04-2008, 01:41 AM
thanks Madtown for fixing it up so the gramer police nazis could understand it , thats one of the reasons I dont post more on this board with my disability the meds im on make it hard for me to always say what i am thinkingMan dont sweat it. These guys are all on meds or drugs or drinking something. Just throw it down and let it ride!!!

Aint that right! My stuff only makes sense half the time! Wpony, dont worry about it, keep posting

Badgerinmaine
09-04-2008, 06:35 AM
just please don't use passive voice and we'll all be cool :x :x

Yes, tensions are created when the passive voice is used
:P :P :P :P :P :P

Tarlam!
09-04-2008, 03:31 PM
Good initiative, Harv.

I'm in!

Lurker64
09-22-2008, 10:57 PM
I've been seeing a lot of "Pro/Anti Favre/Rodgers" acrimony recently, so I thought i would bump this to remind people how we ought to be behaving.

KYPack
09-23-2008, 07:11 AM
I've been seeing a lot of "Pro/Anti Favre/Rodgers" acrimony recently, so I thought i would bump this to remind people how we ought to be behaving.

Not to mention a tad of the dreaded "assholyness" disease.

DonHutson
09-23-2008, 03:40 PM
Not to mention a tad of the dreaded "assholyness" disease.

Yeah, there's nothing worse than someone acting all assholier than thou.

What this bump reminds me is that I chose not to sign this thread. I guess I have permission (from myself anyway) to behave badly.

Lurker64
09-23-2008, 04:41 PM
What this bump reminds me is that I chose not to sign this thread. I guess I have permission (from myself anyway) to behave badly.

There's still time to pledge to be a good poster. ;)