PDA

View Full Version : colin cole = above the law

red
09-02-2008, 05:37 PM
from pft

COLES THINKS HE HAS A LICENSE TO DRIVE, FAST
Posted by Mike Florio on September 2, 2008, 5:31 p.m.

Packers defensive tackle Colin Cole is learning that being a professional football player isn’t all it’s cracked up to be.

For starters, it doesn’t provide a license to drive 88 miles per hour in a 65-mph zone.

Coles recently was pulled over by Deputy Aaron Rauls, who explained in his report that Coles thought he had immunity in that regard.

“He also wanted me to have a card of some sort that ID’d him with the NFL,” Rauls wrote. “I said I only needed his [driver’s license].”

Coles then told Deputy Rauls that he ”gets stopped all the time in Green Bay and doesn’t get a ticket, because he plays for the Green Bay Packers.”

Rauls explained in response that he doesn’t give out warning for 88 in a 65.

We’re still wondering what kind of card Coles was referring to, and whether it was made by Topps, Fleer, or Upper Deck.

i know we have big problems on the d-line, but cut his ass right now.

Rastak
09-02-2008, 05:40 PM
http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080902/PKR01/80902094/1058/PKR01

That's a bit extreme Red. It is a funny story. Admit to a cop you get pulled over all the time and never get a ticket?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

red
09-02-2008, 05:44 PM
i think the idea that he thinks he's above the law because he plays pro football is what really gets me

and he admitted it

just stupid

Rastak
09-02-2008, 05:47 PM
i think the idea that he thinks he's above the law because he plays pro football is what really gets me

and he admitted it

just stupid

He probably isn't alone and if what he says in Green Bay is true he is above the law there so I guess he got it into his head that logically it should apply all across Wisconsin!

Freak Out
09-02-2008, 05:52 PM
from pft

Packers defensive tackle Colin Cole is learning that being a professional football player isn’t all it’s cracked up to be.

For starters, it doesn’t provide a license to drive 88 miles per hour in a 65-mph zone.

Coles recently was pulled over by Deputy Aaron Rauls, who explained in his report that Coles thought he had immunity in that regard.

“He also wanted me to have a card of some sort that ID’d him with the NFL,” Rauls wrote. “I said I only needed his [driver’s license].”

Coles then told Deputy Rauls that he ”gets stopped all the time in Green Bay and doesn’t get a ticket, because he plays for the Green Bay Packers.”

We’re still wondering what kind of card Coles was referring to, and whether it was made by Topps, Fleer, or Upper Deck.

Obviously the guy needs to learn when to shut his mouth but cut him for speeding and not knowing when to shut up? Chill Red.

retailguy
09-02-2008, 06:29 PM
Cole is an idiot.

BallHawk
09-02-2008, 06:30 PM
Next week on "Defensive Linemen say the Darndest Things".....

mraynrand
09-02-2008, 06:32 PM
There's only one man who is above the law:

http://i32.tinypic.com/14kbsm1.jpg

HarveyWallbangers
09-02-2008, 06:40 PM
Big deal. So, he got a speeding ticket and tried to weasel out of it. I'm sure there is nobody here that was caught speeding and tried to weasel out of it (whether it was to lie about how fast you were really going, trying to be flirtatious, overly polite, etc.).

Personally, I've been pulled over for speeding four times, and I've tried four different approaches. The first was to act like I didn't think I speeding. The second was to act like that I didn't know what the speed limit was. The third was to flirt (got pulled over in my Jeep Wrangler by a younger, relatively attractive female cop in the middle of nowhere in North Dakota). I didn't get out of any of those. The other one, I didn't try anything. Just super polite (which I always am to the cops). Of course, that's the one I got out of.
:D

BallHawk
09-02-2008, 06:44 PM
I'd love to hear what Skin and Harlan do to get out of speeding tickets....

Rastak
09-02-2008, 06:46 PM
Big deal. So, he got a speeding ticket and tried to weasel out of it. I'm sure there is nobody here that was caught speeding and tried to weasel out of it (whether it was to lie about how fast you were really going, trying to be flirtatious, overly polite, etc.).

Personally, I've been pulled over for speeding four times, and I've tried four different approaches. The first was to act like I didn't think I speeding. The second was to act like that I didn't know what the speed limit was. The third was to flirt (got pulled over in my Jeep Wrangler by a younger, relatively attractive female cop in the middle of nowhere in North Dakota). I didn't get out of any of those. The other one, I didn't try anything. Just super polite (which I always am to the cops). Of course, that's the one I got out of.

At any point did you admit you'd been pulled over many times and never recieved a ticket to those cops?

It's a funny story, I agree we all try and weasel out. But Cole was kind of a moron about it and that's what's funny.

Hey, it's a speeding ticket so no big deal, although 88 might be pushing it a bit.

Rastak
09-02-2008, 06:47 PM

I do NOT want to know.

I mean that.

red
09-02-2008, 06:56 PM
maybe if cole whipped out one of his man boobs he could have gotten out of it

and i would have more respect for him

highlander
09-02-2008, 07:11 PM
Could you imagine the crap he is getting in the locker room.

MJZiggy
09-02-2008, 07:18 PM
Could you imagine the crap he is getting in the locker room.

Good. It's what he gets for being a doofus.

Scott Campbell
09-02-2008, 07:21 PM

I'd love it more if they didn't tell us. Yucky.

Bretsky
09-02-2008, 07:25 PM

It did not surprise me that the flirting did not work for you. \

You are ugly, as all guys are.

If you were a hot chick and flirted with that hot chick cop it would have worked. :lol:

I find being very polite and fake apologetic works the best for me

Of course I am a guy as well so therefore I am ugly

wpony
09-02-2008, 07:30 PM
never mind the sh@t he is getting from the guys think what he is getting from TT and m3

wpony
09-02-2008, 07:35 PM
when our line gets back to full strength and if anyones left on the wire he could be gone soon at least with the old packers not so sure anymore

Zool
09-02-2008, 07:36 PM
I agree he's a moron but if the team cut all the morons, could we field a full starting squad?

Rastak
09-02-2008, 07:37 PM
never mind the sh@t he is getting from the guys think what he is getting from TT and m3

Probably not too much. It's minor as Harv mentioned. Just an amusing story.

wpony
09-02-2008, 07:46 PM
thats true and I am sure he will have a hard time sitting from the ass chewing he will get from m3 and maybe even TT, but with all the bad press the packers are getting now even a little more hurts there image bad think of the vikes a few years ago they were under a microscope the whole yr and it hurt in their play

MadtownPacker
09-02-2008, 07:53 PM
88 is barely speeding. Haha, 80 is about the average over here.

I bet Barnett is pissed that GB cops let Cole speed but poor ole Nick cant even jaywalk. :lol:

Rastak
09-02-2008, 07:56 PM
88 is barely speeding. Haha, 80 is about the average over here.

I bet Barnett is pissed that GB cops let Cole speed but poor ole Nick cant even jaywalk. :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

A damn fine point, that!

gbgary
09-02-2008, 08:28 PM
Next week on "Defensive Linemen say the Darndest Things".....

bobblehead
09-02-2008, 09:15 PM
from pft

Just curious as I am kinda new here....were you in favor of bringing in moss or not?

Packgator
09-02-2008, 10:40 PM
88 miles per hour in a 65-mph zone

Sounds like a run-of-the-mill speeding ticket.......as well as a run-of-the- mill attempt to get out of it. The guys over at PFT must be hurting for things to report.

Iron Mike
09-02-2008, 10:56 PM
The local paper had a funnier headline:

http://www.fdlreporter.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080902/FON0101/80902054

Guiness
09-03-2008, 01:11 AM
Geez, an idiot, and I'm sure will gain the wrath of maybe not only TT and MM, but his team mates.

Ok, so he tries to get out by name dropping. Fair enough. But when it doesn't work, shut the hell up and take the ticket! He's embarrassed the local constabulary. You can bet for damn sure next time he gets stopped in GB he'll be getting a ticket, and likely hurt everyone else in the dressing room's chance of getting off!

The Gunshooter
09-03-2008, 01:18 AM

and he admitted it

just stupid

Statutes and code are not law. They just call it that to trick you into being an agricultural product. :shock:

The Gunshooter
09-03-2008, 01:25 AM
There's only one man who is above the law:

http://i32.tinypic.com/14kbsm1.jpg

Not according to Divine Providence. Not a blade of grass moves without His authority.