PDA

View Full Version : Dolphins signed S Tyrone Culver.

packers11
09-02-2008, 07:20 PM
Dolphins signed S Tyrone Culver.

Source: South Florida Sun-Sentinel

Any news on any other packers??? Hodge???

Bretsky
09-02-2008, 07:23 PM
Good to hear; I really do like Culver

I'm still surprised we're stuck with Bush; I'm still bitter as him not recovering the fumble

MadtownPacker
09-02-2008, 07:49 PM
I will never forgive TT for letting FS product Culver go instead of Jarret "the burning" Bush.

mraynrand
09-02-2008, 08:10 PM
I will never forgive TT for letting FS product Culver go instead of Jarret "the burning" Bush.

I don't understand the difficulty with Bush. He's a much better athlete than Culver and he's a beast on special teams. I think he's one of the better gunners in the league. He's not going to see a lot of time on the field unless 1) the Packers have two dbs injured or 2) they play teams that go 5 wide all the time - and even then, he'll be matched up against the other team's 4th or 5th receiver, depending on the converage. Bush even had some nice moments at safety, even though he did get spun around a bit in SF. He's better than you think and of more value to the team than Culver.

mraynrand
09-02-2008, 08:12 PM

I'm still surprised we're stuck with Bush; I'm still bitter as him not recovering the fumble

AAAAAAARRGGGGGGGGGH! He was ONE HAND AWAY from picking that thing up and running it in for a TD.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRGHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MadtownPacker
09-02-2008, 08:40 PM
I don't understand the difficulty with Bush. He's a much better athlete than Culver and he's a beast on special teams. I think he's one of the better gunners in the league. He's not going to see a lot of time on the field unless 1) the Packers have two dbs injured or 2) they play teams that go 5 wide all the time - and even then, he'll be matched up against the other team's 4th or 5th receiver, depending on the converage. Bush even had some nice moments at safety, even though he did get spun around a bit in SF. He's better than you think and of more value to the team than Culver.Dude he gets roasted like some Planters peanuts. When he is in on defense DCs/QBs/beer vendor go right after him. Im not a defensive experts but these guys are and they want the best match up. Why is it always him?

pbmax
09-02-2008, 09:53 PM
Every time you mention this I need to ask Cleft Crusty for some meds. Never get the same thing twice though...

pbmax
09-02-2008, 09:56 PM
Would 12-4 and a division title buy your forgiveness? Its good to see bottom feeders pick up our releases, it means we are making progress. Or a colossal mistake. But I am going with texaspackerbacker's Glass Always Full reading on this.

BallHawk
09-02-2008, 09:57 PM

When I think of that game I don't think of extreme cold, Favre's INT, Tynes FG, etc. I think of Bush not falling on the ball. Bastard.

Gunakor
09-02-2008, 10:24 PM
I don't understand the difficulty with Bush. He's a much better athlete than Culver and he's a beast on special teams. I think he's one of the better gunners in the league. He's not going to see a lot of time on the field unless 1) the Packers have two dbs injured or 2) they play teams that go 5 wide all the time - and even then, he'll be matched up against the other team's 4th or 5th receiver, depending on the converage. Bush even had some nice moments at safety, even though he did get spun around a bit in SF. He's better than you think and of more value to the team than Culver.Dude he gets roasted like some Planters peanuts. When he is in on defense DCs/QBs/beer vendor go right after him. Im not a defensive experts but these guys are and they want the best match up. Why is it always him?

He is the #6 corner, is he not? I'd imagine he's being played exclusively on ST's. 3 guys ahead of him on the depth chart would have to go down for him to see any significant playing time on defense.

Culver would be used as an emergency safety, just as Bush would be used as an emergency corner. Thier value on defense is about equal, as neither would likely see significant playing time. That being the case, they went with the guy who has more to offer on special teams. It makes sense to me.

Lurker64
09-02-2008, 10:29 PM
They've also tried Bush at safety in the preseason and he looked like less of a liability there than he normally does at CB. So I'm guessing "Bush can be the emergency backup at two positions" and "Bush is a special teams ace" means he gets the nod over Culver.

CaliforniaCheez
09-04-2008, 04:21 AM
Miami Dolphins 9/2 Tyrone Culver (S) signed.

But Joey Thomas(CB) cut.

Former Packers everywhere. BTW Joe Toledo is on the 49'er practice squad.

mraynrand
09-04-2008, 09:02 AM
Miami Dolphins 9/2 Tyrone Culver (S) signed.

But Joey Thomas(CB) cut.

Former Packers everywhere. BTW Joe Toledo is on the 49'er practice squad.

Don't you get the feeling that GMs say: "Gee, that Joey Thomas was a second round pick - we should bring him in for a look." Then they see him play and say "He was a second round pick? WTF?"

Tarlam!
09-04-2008, 11:22 AM
I thought Thomas was a 3rd rounder. Didn't he get released for causing trouble in the locker room? I know he was supposed to replaced "Ahmad boxing gloves Carroll".

Guy can probably play, but has little upside.

mraynrand
09-04-2008, 11:39 AM
My mistake - he was drafted in the third round, but I remembered him being the second pick...

SnakeLH2006
09-06-2008, 12:48 AM

Never thought I'd say I hate bush, but that player sucks too. :lol: I'm not mad they cut Culver, but Jarrett sucks ass, and shoulda held onto Hodge, if he maintains his health, he's a beastman, as I remember all the big ten games he tore it up and looked like a player this presason. Culver sucks, Hodge not so much..just sayin....